All Comments on 'The Doll Collector Ch. 03'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
grrlslavegrrlslaveabout 10 years ago
Love it!

Another great chapter! Thank you.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
Say hello to the bad guys ( please )

Jillian is boring, that's not her fault, but it is a fact. She is only of perfunctory interest if she regains some free will. In the previous installments the characters of her captors came to the forefront. Exploring these characters pathologies with a Thomas Harris like detachment, Dexter & Hannibal with the odd bit of Jamie Gumb echoes were sounded.

This story is losing traction. Hopefully someone will start looking for Jillian to inject the element of hope. No doubt, they will trying decipher the vast conspiracy that the author has hinted at. Best of luck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Who wants a doll? Someone who will never say no or have an opinion or even a choice?

Think about it, if even god doesn't want robots, why would any of us? Because no matter how we make them act, no matter how hard we try to convince ourselves, we know that the "feelings" they have are fake, they are nothing more than a recorder echoing what they are told. Even worse, as with all things that have no feelings, we will grow bored with them, relegating them to the same position as a toaster or a vacuum...and since they don't matter, disposing them is of no consequence which proves that there is no love for them either.

I other words, what happens when his toys get old or used up or broken? What happens when Jack dies and his toys are still there needing to be cared for?

All in all, this was more depressing than erotic.

verbicideverbicideabout 10 years ago
I have to agree

Most of the criticism here seems to be well thought out, or at least earnest in its emotional content. There are some who spew meaningless profanity, but that is the unfortunate downside of a site like lit. Thoughtless trolls abound. As for me, I find myself agreeing with Lord Slamdawgg and others when they express a growing dissatisfaction with the story. Jillian is failing fast and there is no hope of rescue for her or resistance on her part, so conflict is absent from the story. While exploring the pathology of the psychosis of her abductor and his minions holds a certain fascination, it isn't enough to sustain interest for long.

At this point, the story lacks eroticism and the creeping horror of the ordeal is being muted by the clinical detachment of the villains or victim from the events portrayed. I suppose the fact that Jack is able to cope with his injuries as well as he does helps to a degree from the authors' perspective, so the torment of these young women, Jillian in particular can continue without having to delve into the permanent damage being burned as badly as he was would do to his immune system and the chronic health issues he would face. From a readers perspective though, everything is simply too easy for Jack and as such, pretty boring. I would echo the advice to add conflict to the story or end it. 3 stars for this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Give it a chance ...

it's early yet to pick this story apart and I for one am enjoying it! In fact I was disappointed it wasn't three pages :)

thundersglorythundersgloryabout 10 years ago
made my day

I don't usualy look at storys in the mind control genre of the site, but when I first read this story I fell in love with it and have been waiting for part 3 for awhile, keep writing I'd love to see how it progresses

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wonderfully Creepy

I stumbled across this and am loving it! I don't seek out mind control stories and find the "doll" factor to be right up there with the best scary movies. After all, what would it take to give up hope for a life of pampering at the hands of a monster? More soon, please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Your imagination

is out of this world, love all your series, ,Calliope is hard to beat but this one is in a class of its own

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A bit long and convoluted

for my taste, but a coherent well told tale. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not a favorite.

I am aware that I was warned that this was drugs and mind manipulation. I read it anyway. The subject was distasteful but the writing was superb.

JudyLeeJudyLeeover 7 years ago
Not a favorite.

I am aware that I was warned that this was drugs and mind manipulation. I read it anyway. The subject was distasteful but the writing was superb.

kiwiplumkiwiplumover 6 years ago
hm

Really respect your writing so I plowed through it. Guess it'll be someone's cup of tea, but the main thing that puts me off is when women's bodies "betray" them. Even when drug induced I guess as it's so unreal. Just doesn't happen if they're scared shitless as she was in the beginning. Once she was mentally totally gone it just lost it's interest. Never mind, plenty of other stories of yours to entice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Depressing

I have enjoyed much of your previous work, but this just left me cold. The 'heroine' has been utterly destroyed - expunged on the whim of a group of amoral, narcissistic assholes. What was it that so drew the man to her? He says it was more than her looks, yet he has chemically lobotomised her and turned her into an empty chocolate box. Depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
tough

This one was a tough one. The total annihalation of Jillian doesn't quite fit. She almost could have been anyone, since her personality was completely destroyed by the drugs and hypnotherapy. Why marry her at all? Why not just keep her as a doll, especially since he doesn't believe she loves him alone? Idk

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Happy end :)

At first I found the unboxing and appraisal of the antique dolls a bit lengthy. It does, however, make for a much more intense payoff when Jill finds herself unboxed and appraised as a doll. It is so much mone humiliating and objectifying, when keeping in mind how she used to appraise those dolls in more or less the same way.

I particularly like the happy ending, because I was afraid she would never accept her new life as a doll and have a complete mental breakdown. Now I imagine her taking a more active role in her husband's company, specifically in the appraisal of collectable sex dolls...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very Good

I loved this! I wish you would have gone more with the hypnosis-having Jill do more degrading things while a little teensy tiny part of her could see what was going on.

ContrahentContrahentover 3 years ago
interesting spin on a dollification story

I was really fascinated by the elements of the story that have to do with the appraisal of actual antique dolls. Those details really added an interesting twist to this story. Having read a number of other dollification themed stories, it is now surprising to me that virtually none have included any details about actual real life dolls. Your selection of a somewhat victorian-esque internal culture for Jacques and Jillian it's also an interesting choice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

INTERESTING STORY , LEAD HER FINALLY SEE FRUITS OF HER SUBMISSION

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

well done, great details

P1aydat3P1aydat3about 2 years ago

Loved this! Would have loved to read more, especially with Jack's "friends".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
5526 Followers
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES