All Comments on 'The Edge of Consent'

by Littlerack

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
HeyAllHeyAllover 9 years ago
5 stars

Wonderful writing. You're very talented.

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Interesting story

It wasn't what I expected but it was nice, loved the dialogue, loved your style of writing and story telling. I pictured Eliot Spencer from leverage as the male lol.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Fine Piece Of Writing***

Hated the storyline. Still a entertaining read.

Auden JamesAuden Jamesover 9 years ago
Bad Story Meets Good Writing

I’ve honestly never come across a submission quite like this on LIT (and I’ve read well over one thousand different ones by now). It starts out strong with the stylistically apt description of a young model’s self-reflection about her “rut” life situation, distanced from her parents in a strange city with stranger friends. Intriguing, and ennobled with the—at least on LIT—rare impression of authenticity. (Though, I must add, some kind of question mark already showed up in my mind when the heroine’s height of only “5'6"” was first mentioned, since “true models,” i.e. fashion models, usually need to be a little bit taller, and soon after the question mark grew to epic proportions, see below...)

But, and that’s a freaking huge BUT, the author—out of the blue—decides to completely ruin or “whack” the text’s promising beginning in tacking onto it the—I’m sorry to say but I’m an honest and right now extremely disappointed person, too—most inane or “wacko” plot turn, if you want to call it by that name, possibly imaginable (apart maybe from “alien invasion” or total craziness of that same ilk). Henceforth the inclined reader is confronted with a ninjalike rapist-to-be right off the tanning bed a/o out of a Harlequin romance novel who’ll bring about with the aid of his huge dick our heroine’s enlightenment that it’s every woman’s secret dream to give up responsibility or “control” of her life (and by extension herself) to a . . . uh . . . well-hung ninja burglar on steroids?

Oh my good golly gosh!

Can you facepalm yourself to death?

That was the thought on my mind at the end of this story needlessly ruined by the author’s own cruel intentions to conform to the “romance rape” doctrine come hell or high water.

Now I know the answer.

Thanks “Littlerack”, but rest assured that I’d done well without it. And for future, if you plan to submit new stories to LIT, please make sure to stop wasting your evident talent with words on stupid romance clichés chasing, will you? You’d make happy at least two of your readers, “chytown” and me, if you’ll make the right decision (without resorting to a certain male intruder), I guess.

I’ll read it soon, hopefully.

–AJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Okay start

Then you have her attacker cart wheeling and doing hand springs during his assault? And it went downhill from there. Even fictional stories need to be in touch with reality. You took a story of rape and turned it into a comedy. Just awful story telling. No stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLittlerack@Littlerack
People tend to either love or hate my stories. Same with my personality.