All Comments on 'The End of Things Ch. 09: Augustine'

by Pixiehoff

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighabout 3 years ago
Take up...

Beautifully written as always, Pixie. You have the ability to conjure up a believable picture of a world that was. St Augustine also said in his Confessions: "Take up and read; take up and read." I commend this quotation to Lit readers whenever a new Pixie tale is posted.

OneAuthorOneAuthorabout 3 years ago
Another amazing chapter

As always, the combination of historical references, thrilling plot, and steamy sex make this a fantastic read. And now I am very curious about how Valeria knows Helen. :)

amadeuseroticamadeuseroticabout 3 years ago

I am elated to see the new chapter of Carwen's story posted. It was clever to frame it first as a memory, remembered in a dream. It gives the reader a chance to ease back into the story, remember that Carwen and Helen were in the midst of a journey to Lesbos, with a stop in Numidia to meet Augustine, Bishop of Hippo.

Many things feel wrong around the crumbling Roman Empire. Augustine's true sin is not lusting for a woman's breast but for imposing his chastity fantasy upon the Catholic church with repercussions until the present day. When sexuality is suppressed, vulnerable people can easily fall prey to rape and abuse. The whole affair is covered up because it is sinful to talk about the topic in the first place. This, in my opinion is also part of Augustine's legacy.

Will Carwen meet Pelagius, Augustine's lesser known counterpart, who proposes a more coherent, yet equally bad solution to the conundrum of human struggle with sin? We do not know.

We do know that Carwen is on a mission to bring the shroud, the cloth that Jesus' face has touched, safely to Constantinople, so the best of civilization may survive the decaying Empire. It is a noble mission, but strange. How would Jesus feel about the concept that a piece of garment is needed to protect the people from doom? Isn't the obsession of the Catholic church with holy relics akin to a fetish that distracts from the essential? Jesus wants to be remembered for his acts of love, sharing bread and wine with his disciples, comforting and healing people in distress, not for the things he had about him.

This is not to say that relics and reliquaries should be destroyed, as some of Pelagius' followers might have proposed. Humans need physical evidence. We need to see, feel and touch. The fact that the cloth has once brought comfort to Jesus ennobles the garment, just like the sapphic sticks Helen and Carwen are carrying in their luggage are ennobles by the fact that the Amazons once used them to make love to each other.

Once again the legacy of the Amazons is threatened by an intruder, but once again a brave woman saves the others. Valeria's appearance promises a joyful reunion and hopefully more acts of bravery and lovemaking.

The lovemaking between Helen and Carwen is the one thing that feels right in this tumultuous episode. It doubly feels right that Carwen should have two orgasms after giving so richly to her lover. Giving and receiving are both necessary for balance.

The best we can do as men is to learn from women about the art of love and lovemaking, instead of seeing sex as a means to an end and discard it as sinful once the end is achieved.

Thank you, Pixie, for your inspired and inspiring writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You are a gem, Pixie, as are your works. Elating, somehow. Glad things do not end after all, so please continue, Abi

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much Maonaigh. Sorry for the slow progress, but there’s a lot going on as we prepare to move house and jobs, but once that is done, I shall have more time xxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Oh my faithful OneAuthor, what would I do without your lovely comments? Am currently answering your curiosity in the next chapter xx

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much, darling Wolfgang. You will see as this develops that you have hit upon some of the themes that Carwen’s journey will be exploring. Some of the issues you raise are, in fact, behind the attempt to kill her and Helen. The issues remain relevant to this day, and I hope that as this continues those resonances will be clear.

One might think odd topics for an erotic story, but that’s one of the points. We have, unhealthily in my view, created a divide between the erotic and the rest of life. There is, or st least I think there is, a difference between erotica and pornography. The latter tends to objectify its subject, usually women. What I hope I do is to restore the female gaze so that the pleasure women get in each other, can be appreciated. I lack, alas, the experience or the desire to write about men with women, which is a huge gap, but one, if the pun will be pardoned, others can fill xx

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much Abi, I am so glad you are enjoying this - thank you for taking the trouble to comment, I really appreciate the encouragement xxx

amadeuseroticamadeuseroticabout 3 years ago

Dear Pixie,

Mixing religion with erotica doesn't seem odd to me. Our approach to sex is very much influenced by our religion, or, more generally speaking, our belief system.

I would say that erotica is to pornography what religion is to a cult. The former has meaning, the latter is empty. However, there are no clear separations, only different degrees, just like a glass can be filled to different levels.

I like to think that as a man I can gaze at a woman with love and lust in a similar way as a woman can gaze at another woman. If I were gay and you were not gay, we might both gaze at men in similar ways.

Once we free ourselves of the notion that men and women have to be a certain way and some attractions are natural and others are not, we can just be ourselves and relate to each other as human beings.

We can recognize our sameness and celebrate our differences.

I am very much looking forward to the continuation of Carwen's story where religion and sexuality, history and imagination all come to life.

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

I am so glad you see these things Amadeus. One of the influences of Augustine is the idea that there is something sinful about sex. It has had a baleful influence on our civilisation.

I like the comparison with cults. Yes, and of course we may well look at women the same way now. We are all human, and nothing human should be unlovable.

I am so glad you are enjoying Carwen’s journey xxx

SuzzzyQ11SuzzzyQ11almost 3 years ago

Such a lovely writer! Easy to read and fall into this story 💗😊

PixiehoffPixiehoffalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you darling, too long since we talked ❤️

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

Your imagination your creativity your sense for action or breathtaking moments is endless or?

Thats an neck breaking speed, Carwen and Helen journey

Definitely 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you Franziska, you remind me that there is more to say here xxxxx

GayKatGayKatover 1 year ago

Just Brilliant,,, Yes!

Hallo Pixiehoff!

The Queen and I really like your latest character, Valeria, she reminds us of the Amazon Queen Penthesilea..

As always beautifully written hot and sexy!... Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful stories with all of your fans, 5-Stars and 5-Orgasms!

The Black Queen and Gay Kat..

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you so much, Gay Kat - I love that you appreciate my stories and enough to tell me xxxxx

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPixiehoff@Pixiehoff
I am Mrs Pixie Peters the owner of Emily's Escorts, where I chat and help others find lovers (see below). I am married to the love of my Lit life, June Peters (JPintraining), so please don't ask me to play because I won't - but I will try to help you find someone who can. Ther...