All Comments on 'The Fate of Terra Ch. 08'

by Intrepid_Fate

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 11 years ago
Called it!

About the part where the aliens didn't stand a chance once Pan got into their systems, anyways. Once she figured out their computers, she took complete control of their ships and did as Michael ordered with them.

When you introduced Michael's lab underneath the Alaskan wilderness and I saw the mech suits, my first thought was that Michael was Tony Stark raised to the power of n, where n is any number you want. But then you introduced the missile batteries on the moon and then gave Michael an 8 mile long space dreadnaught, and the Tony Stark equation was blown all to hell, and I can't think of anything that can fix it.

This chapter was an improvement over the previous ones simply because of the alien invasion which made Michael slightly nervous, but the guy is still a god among men sailing along on cloud nine. Still waiting for something to come along and pop his little false-god bubble. Maybe that can happen when he takes the Intrepid out to counter-attack the alien's homeworld, or when they launch a second attack, this time with far superior numbers that simply overwhelm the capabilities of both his ship and Pan. Of course, now that I think about it, it might be impossible to overwhelm Pan's capabilities because every time she takes control of another computer, she adds that computer's processing power to her own.

As always, despite my criticism, still looking forward to what happens next.

knightshado2knightshado2over 11 years ago
Excellent

More more more more

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
F.Y.I. Wrong port.

Cruise ships come in to the port of Seward Alaska not Anchorage alaska. Then the tourist can catch a train ride to Anchorage or the can take a shuttle bus to Anchorage.

Not to poke holes in your story but to get a base built below Alaska would be next to impossable becuase of the enviromentalist. Well any way your getting much better at writing and im looking foward to more.

cittrancittranover 11 years ago
dude, it's sci-fi

The only rules in sci-fi are:

1. The rules the author makes up for their own writing.

2. Staying consistent to those rules.

trashmantxtrashmantxover 11 years ago
Loving it

Never fuck with the humans, sooner or later they will kick your ass.

ShininglightShininglightover 11 years ago
Great!

Loved the name of the ship and great chapter. You've been building up to this for quite a while now so it was great to see some action and to see what Michael has been keeping secret.

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 9 years ago
I loved this chapter!

Space travel, harems, spaceships, AI....could this story be any better !?!?!?

AdonisXxXAdonisXxXalmost 9 years ago
bwahahahahahaha...

" We were the ones who killed Mugabe and al-Bashir" this killed me bruh

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Since anonymous FYI Wrong Port brought it up,

Cruise ships do not or cannot come into Portland. They may well be able to come up the Columbia, but they don't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ports.

To people who keep commenting on where cruise ships dock...... No one cares. It's fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not that thrilled about the Mugabe quip

Just wanted to say that though Mugabe was a dictator he was a revolutionary leader who helped free his and other people of oppression. So give him some credit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thankfully Pandora is not a yandere AI

SorchakSorchakalmost 2 years ago

Not sure why the aliens would target a cruise ship, no matter how big it is...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The fact that this story TRIES to be serious makes it even more ridiculous.

So you're telling me that a fleet of massive capital ships using an asteroid belt to mask their approach at battle speed and fires an invisible eneegy weapon does not possess an energy field or any form of debris protection?

And that these ships' armor can take the kinetic brunt of a massive spatial body collision, but cannot withstand 200 kilotons of concussive force?

Compare what an asteroid impact and what a 200 kiloton nuke does to the Earth.

Leave it to a sadist-masochist to write science fiction...

Starts out with a crazy aberration of TRON and Artificial Intelligence, with a little dabbing of Hackers, then moved to some form of Limitless, a bit of the Titanic but without the dumb captain, so they nixed the iceberg, then moved on to a mishmash of 2012 and Avatar, down to a budget-discount Independence Day, because they couldn't afford the "green shimmers" or the additional plot to overcome it.

Also, it's called "Fall of Terra" and 8 chapters in plus one vanguard invasion fleet after, the only rhing that fell were my IQ points from finishing this chapter.

So bad, it gets worse. This gives SyFy movies a run for their money. xD

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous