The Firstwalker

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She loved and was abandoned then betrayed," Tal said quietly. The words were for herself but Dei heard them and went on.

"Yes, but she is the embodiment of fire, and that inner fire kept her from choosing to abandon the world."

"I will name as my reward a sitting with Glendica," Tal said.

"Gods help me, my pockets are not that deep!" Dei protested with a hearty laugh. Glendica was the most sought after and thus the most expensive seamstress in all of Hoarfast. Her designs were lovely, but also intended to catch the eye of men. Tal was sure Dei' was wondering what elf had finally caught the eye of the ice maiden, but he was far too polite to ask.

*****************

Tal'marin set out from Hoarfast two months later on the first day of spring. She rode a black mare named Heidle and lead two pack ponies. All of her worldly possessions were on those ponies. She was taking a big risk, but she hoped against hope that the reward would be worth it. Even if she knew for certain she would fail she would have tried. Her heart had given her no peace since the day she walked away from Rith's cabin. Long nights of self-pleasure while dreaming of the Firstwalker had only increased her hunger and loneliness. Orgasms she could achieve quite easily, but they were so weak and pale compared to the explosions Rith had given her. Even worse was the lack of someone to curl up with and talk to in the afterglow. That she missed far more than the intensity.

The weeks alone gave her more time to think, more time to realize she was hopelessly in love. As she came closer she began to doubt herself and her purpose. Nothing seemed familiar to her and were it not for the unerring guidance of Snowclaw she would have never found the cozy cabin again. She was so scared of what she was doing she wondered if her subconscious were not leading her astray in an effort to avoid the terrible exposure of her inner feelings. She knew that she risked more than she would have ever admitted to anyone in this.

She reached the cabin in the early morning. As she had expected there was no sign of life, Rith was an early riser and while it was her home, Tal'Marin suspected it was also her prison. Tal stripped off her travel stained garments and carefully washed in the bitterly cold mountain stream near the cabin. Once she had washed the grime and stench of travel from her body she rose from the stream to quickly and thoroughly dry herself. From the carefully wrapped packages she removed her reward and dressed. More than anything she wished she had a mirror. No, that wasn't true, what she really wanted was to have this over with, hopefully to the good, but the suspense was killing her.

She made her way to the cabin and knocked hesitantly. No response. She breathed a sigh of relief and let herself in. Tal'marin was shocked. The place was a wreck, rotting food, buzzing flies, broken knick knacks. The bed had not been made or slept in as far as she could tell from the day she left. Tal sighed and went back to her horse. She got out her stockings and an old shirt and stripped right there. Once dressed for work she walked back in and grabbed the broom.

The labor was backbreaking and tiresome. She began by dragging out everything in the cabin. She opened the windows and door to let the chill air clear out the noisome stench that clung to every corner. Next she built a fire and added fir boughs to it, for their pleasant aroma. Often times she was sick from the smells of rotted food and other things. By evening she pulled the furniture back in and started setting the place up again. Tal wiped her brow and collected her bow from the saddle horn. She killed a deer and by the time darkness fell the cabin smelled of fir trees and freshly cooked venison. Tal sat quietly in her new gown. Time seemed to drag on into the endless twilight.

The door crashed inwards and Tal's head shot up from the table where she had fallen asleep. She found herself looking down the shaft of a drawn arrow into angry red eyes. Those eyes registered shock, then confusion. Rith relaxed her grip and the bowstring slowly returned to normal, the arrow hanging limply in her fingers.

"Tal?" she asked. The tone of her voice was so lost, so lonely and confused that Tal rose and moved towards her. She wished only to hug the Firstwalker and comfort her at that moment.

"Stop!" the Firstwalker commanded drawing the arrow again. Tal froze in mid step.

"Why are you here?" Rith asked. Her voice seemed to be trying to hold menace, but to Tal it sounded lonely and afraid.

"I...I don't know. I missed you, couldn't get you out of my mind. I feel like a part of me never left here and I am incomplete without it."

"What part of you?" Rith asked suspiciously.

"My heart," Tal'Marin said as tears began to flow down her cheeks.

Rith lowered her weapon again. She seemed to desperately want to believe it, but at the same time she seemed torn by doubt. With her anger abating she noticed Tal'Marin's clothes for the first time.

Tal'Marin wore a gown of purest silk. The skirt was a sky blue with tiny gemstones worked into the fabric that shone like stars. The underskirt was a violet satin and where it showed at her ankles it seemed like the twilight overtaking the sky as night fell. Beneath the skirt several petticoats stiffened the skirt so it fell in a semi bell shape. The bodice was of purest white and barely covered her chest. The gown was strapless and left her shoulders bare. Her long blonde hair was twined into a double braid and hung over her shoulder. Around her neck was a satin choker of azure blue. All of the colors set off her naturally pale skin and eyes which now sparkled with tears.

She was a vision of loveliness and it did not fail to send the Firstwalker's heart racing. Without a word the proud Firstwalker turned and stalked out into the night. Tal'Marin sat down and cried in earnest. Everything had been for naught. In her heart she knew this would happen, she was not destined to have anyone. Yet, she bemoaned her cruel fate, for now she had found the woman who she loved and that woman did not even wish to be in the same room with her. Crying was cathartic and once the tears ceased she made up her mind to leave at once. If she could not be a part of Rith's life then she knew she had to get away, get far away. She would go south, so far south that there would be no ice, no snow, no firs, nothing to remind her of Rith. Even as the decision crystallized into action the door opened and her head lifted.

Rith stood there in a simple dress of white doeskin. It fell to just below her knees with a scoop neck and long sleeves. Her boots were also of soft leather and her red skin stood out in relief. Her long black tresses were piled high on her head and held there by a comb of ivory. Tal'Marin had never seen anything as breathtakingly lovely in all her life.

"I'm sorry I left so abruptly, I guess I haven't been taking care of myself lately and.well I needed a bath," she said with a sheepish smile.

Tal felt hope rise again in her breast, but she fought it. Now that she had decided to close her heart she feared opening it again.

"Dinner smells good, can we eat now?" Rith asked. She seemed embarrassed or at least nervous, but Tal could not tell exactly what emotions she saw in the woman's beautiful face.

Tal nodded, still not trusting her voice. Rith closed the door behind herself and Tal served the venison steaks she had prepared. They ate in silence, many times it seemed Rith started to speak and stopped herself. Tal started to say something on several occasions too, but in the end neither managed to say a word. When they were done eating Tal put the plates into the bucket by the counter and joined Rith on the rug before the fireplace.

The fire crackled and popped and for a long time they sat in silence. Tal stole peeks at the Firstwalker, admiring the way the firelight seemed to play on her supple skin. She occasionally caught Rith stealing glances as well. At last Rith seemed to reach some inner decision and spoke.

"Why have you come back?"

"I told you,"

"No, you did not. Tell me now, in simple words. Why have you returned?"

"Rith, don't make me say it," Tal said coloring furiously.

"Tell me, little one," she said in a voice barely above a whisper.

"I love you," Tal said. Her heart was hammering in her chest and she waited for the rejection she knew was coming.

"No one can love me," Rith said bitterly.

"Oh Rith, please. I am not Tala, I am myself and I can love you and do, desperately. Will you send me away again? If you do I will never trouble you again," Tal said as tears flowed again.

"Tears? From an Elf? Tis indeed strange. Perhaps you really do love me, perhaps even as much as I love you."

"You? Love me?" Tal whispered, scarcely daring to believe the words.

"Yes little one, I have loved you. From the day I tore that monster off you and carried you here I have lusted after you. Your body is so soft, so beautiful. I told myself I could make love to you once, that I needed it and so did you, but the more you were near, the more I realized I had not just loved you, I had given my heart to you. Your gentleness, kindness, all about you is wonderful to me. I had to make you go, make you leave before I gave in completely to the desire to have you for my own. I have no right to that, I must ever stay here, in this frozen hell, until my brother is vanquished."

"We will free you together," Tal said as she slipped her hand into the Firstwalker's.

The Firstwalker smiled and brought Tal's hand to her lips. She kissed the palm and then sucked a finger into her mouth, sucking hard she swirled her tongue around the digit. Tal gasped; she had waited so long for that caress.

"And what else do you want?"

"Rith, please, I'm on fire," Tal pleaded

"On fire? Listen to yourself, you sound like a strumpet. Is that what you are? Are you my little strumpet?" Rith asked teasingly. Her lips returned to Tal's palm and as her tongue caressed her as those smoldering eyes held the elf's.

"Yesssssssss, I am your strumpet. Take me please, I have missed you so much!"

Rith stood fluidly and caught the hem of her dress with both hands. The Firstwalker slowly pulled it over her head and tossed the dress aside with a flourish. Beneath it she was totally nude and Tal's eyes drank in her beauty like a man lost in the desert drinks in the cool water of an unexpected oasis. Her red skin seemed to dance in the firelight, capturing the flickering light and transposing its movement onto her very skin. Her breasts were impossibly lovely, beautifully sculpted and proud. They drooped slightly, not from any lack of firmness, but simply because of their weight. The nipples stood out, fiery red and thick. Rith's mound was covered in a forest of fine black curls. Tal wondered how she could have failed to notice it before, it was utterly strange to her, but fascinating. The lips that peeked out were also red, a deep red that she could not equate to anything she had ever seen before.

Rith smiled down on her and then laughed. She extended her hands and when Tal took them she pulled the elf to her feet. Rith's soft lips pressed against her own, the Firstwalker's tongue gently teasing, begging entrance to her sweet mouth, but not forcing itself in. Tal's lips parted and Rith's tongue explored her mouth, searching her teeth, her tongue, the roof and walls, gently ravishing her mouth until Tal's breath was coming in gasps.

When the kiss broke Tal stood there with her eyes closed and her lips still parted. Rith stood back and shook her head, almost like she needed to clear it after a blow. Rith moved silently to her bed and returned with a necklace in her hand. It was a simple leather band, but gleaming in the center was Tala's stone. Rith nodded towards her head and Tal lifted her hair up with her eyes wide. Rith fastened the necklace around the elf's long neck. The jewel settled at the nape of her neck and it seemed to Rith that a soft light emanated from it, casting the elf's features in soft white light.

"Gods, you are exquisite," Rith said shaking her head again. With a single fluid motion she scooped Tal up into her arms and carried her to the bed. She gently laid the petite elf down and fell on top of her. Soon their lips were locked again and Tal was kissing back passionately, her own tongue darting into Rith's mouth. The Firstwalker's mouth was hot and tasted of cinnamon; a kind of warmth that soon had her tongue tingling. The sensation was strange to her but vaguely familiar, it was almost like her mouth felt when she tasted strong drink. Rith's hands slid down her sides to her hips and back up, the caresses even more sensuous through the light material than Tal could have dreamed.

Rith broke the kiss and stared down at her. For a long time no words were exchanged, but so much was said in that long interval. Tal could almost see the depth of Rith's feelings in her eyes and she felt certain Rith could see those feelings mirrored in her own. There was so much love in those eyes, and yet also a powerful hunger. Tal felt the same hunger, the same driving need. More acutely than she could have ever described with words, she needed Rith's caress.

Rith rolled off her suddenly and pulled a pillow behind her head. She then pulled Tal on top of her and the kissing began again, there was a new tenor to it now, an aggressiveness and urgency that had been lacking before. Tal felt Rith's hands move to the back of her bodice and begin to undo the many ties that held it in place. Eventually she felt a lessening of the pressure on her sides and the warmth of the cabin on her back. Tal knew that there were only a couple of ties left and even as she thought it Rith's nimble hands undid them.

The sides of the bodice fell and lay trapped between their bodies. Rith caught it with one hand and pulled it from between them. Tal raised her self slightly and when she settled back her skin was touching that of her lover. Rith's skin was soft, smooth and warm, warmer than she could rationally explain. The elf's hard little nipples were pressed into the fleshy undersides of Rith's breasts and every time the Firstwalker moved that delightful skin dragged over her nipples sending waves of pleasure into Tal's body. Rith's hands moved to her hips, but the complex ties, and the surprise she wore underneath the stiff petticoats frustrated the Firstwalker.

"Take those damned skirts off," Rith finally grunted in frustration. Tal had to smile as she forced herself up and stood before her lover. Knowing the secret to the skirts allowed her to quickly remove them, but she decided to tease her lover a little. First she released the silk over skirt and wiggled out of it. The dark indigo of her under skirt shown in the subdued light and Tal felt a quiver of happiness when Rith licked her lips.

As the underskirt skid down the layers of stiff linen petticoats were revealed. These came off one by one until only the final underskirt remained. Tal undid it, but held it up for a few moments before she let it drop. She stood now wearing only the garment Glendica had created for her. It was much like a pair of pantaloons. They were trimmed in ruffled lace they hugged her hips, stopping just short of her knees in another forest of lace ruffles. The fabric was satin and colored in a rich vibrant blue that seemed to bring out the slightly blue coloring in her nipples and sex. The crotch was open to allow her lover to view her charms, but framed by more pale blue ruffles. Glendica was famous for her clothing designed to entice males to lust, Tal held her breath and hoped the effect on Rith would be similar.

The Firstwalker was staring at her, the red eyes luminous in the firelight. Her nostrils flared and her tongue again made a slow circuit of her lips causing Tal to shiver. With a sudden lunge Rith grabbed Tal and pulled her back to the bed on top of her. They both broke into laughter as Tal situated herself and sat up. Her legs were astride the Firstwalker's thighs, allowing for an unobstructed view of her charms.

"Where on earth did you get this?" Rith asked, as her hands gently fingered the smooth material that covered Tal's hips like a second skin.

"I had it made, just for you, my reward for returning with the heart. I had hoped you would like them," Tal said. She found herself blushing and suddenly shy.

"Like? I love them. You used your reward for this? Just to please me?" Rith asked, her voice filled with wonder.

"Yes," Tal said simply.

Rith's hands slipped into the opening at her crotch to gently caress Tal's already damp lips. The sensation sent shockwaves through her body, she had wanted this for so long now it seemed. Rith smiled up at her.

"Are you sure this is what you want Tal'Marin? I must stay here, you have seen what would be unleashed upon the world were I to leave."

"I know only that I love you Rith. Nowhere in the world can ever be beautiful to me if you are not there."

"Then I shall love you, with all that is me," Rith said and slipped a finger into Tal's tight channel. She slowly worked her finger back and forth, in and out, making occasional circular motions until the small elf was moaning. Rith was shuddering herself. She had dreamed of nothing but the snow elf since she had let her walk away. Rith could not find pleasure alone. Her nature was fire and the fire of passion could only burn when there were two hearts involved. At their only coupling she had given pleasure only, taking her enjoyment from the elf's orgasms. Now her pussy demanded attention and it was all she could do to concentrate on the elf's slit.

More than anything she wanted to spin Tal around and bury her face in that soft warm furrow while feeling the delight of the elf doing the same. Rith was well experienced in the art of love between women but she realized Tal was not. She did not know if the snow Elf would reciprocate and she had no intention of forcing the small woman to do something she wasn't ready for.

The Firstwalker fought down her impatience and began a through investigation of the snow elf's sex. Her fingers gently explored the elf's tight channel, feeling the silky walls envelope her finger. Pressing deeper she met with unexpected resistance. A quick glance showed the discomfort on Tal's face and Rith eased back. It had been a very long time, but she could not remember Tala's juices being so slick or her flesh so soft. Nothing about the elf maid was like her first love, but she was sure it was right. The Elf was approaching an orgasm as Rith's gentle exploration slowly worked her towards bliss. The soft satin that covered her thighs felt exquisite where it made contact with Rith's skin. Rith's questing fingers found only the texture of heated silk and the subtle musk of Tal's arousal filled the room.

Thinking of Tala brought a flood of memories back to Rith. Some were wonderful, others terrible and yet all were precious to her. She realized she was giving her love to another and she wondered how Tala would feel about that. Almost as if in response the white jewel shimmered once. Tal did not see it, her eyes were tightly closed and she was already seeing lights swirling behind her tightly closed lids as her orgasm approached. Rith did see it, she saw it and somehow understood what it meant. Tala was giving her blessing to their union. All reservation left the Firstwalker then, all the questions were answered, and she opened her heart fully and let the love that had lain there dormant for so many ages burst out.

She drove a second finger into the elf's tight passage and began to wildly thrust into her while her thumb pressed tightly against Tal's erect bud. The elf's soft moans turned to sharp barks of pleasure and with breathtaking suddenness her body spasmed. Rith did not slow until Tal collapsed on her chest. She withdrew her hand and wrapped the elf up in an embrace. For a long while they lay there. When Tal's eyes fluttered open she found herself staring into Rith's. The intensity of emotion she saw in those flaming eyes caused her to flush.