All Comments on 'The Floating World - Madelyn Redux'

by ElectricBlue

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
JasonClearwaterJasonClearwaterabout 5 years ago

As someone who encouraged you to explore this world, I believe you've done well. You write BDSM from a non-scene perspective, and it's all very in-keeping with your existing style.

There's BDSM as it is, and BDSM: The Fantasy, where some of the 'behind the scenes' material is left out, to create a stronger emotional reaction from the reader.

Me, I prefer my subs male and my women dominant, but I can appreciate what you've done here as a mix of art and exploration.

I encourage others to read these stories and see for themselves what happens when you take a 'vanilla' writer, and encourage them to explore a part of their nature they're not aware exists.

1Penny4My2Cents1Penny4My2Centsabout 5 years ago
A Lady Fan’s Recommendation

I admit bias from the start, through personal correspondence, I’ve come to view E.B. as a friend and adore him. That developed however, from finding his writing moving and of great quality. For close to two years I’ve been greedily devouring everything he has written on this site. While I don’t agree with his “beta reader’s” take “that he’s a natural top” or that this is reflected in his writings (except the Gay Male category), he is without exception a gifted writer.

In his writing of women he is ALWAYS a respectful admirer of all things Femme. As a woman that sees herself as “Domme” and a frequent reader of Femdom in the BDSM category I highly recommend this intriguing story series. You will receive a glimpse of what E.B. does best: observe people, especially women, and from that insight create deeply interesting characters with unique aspects to each. I at times loved each of the two ladies and other times felt disappointed in their choices (just like most people I know). I don’t think anyone will be disappointed they explored this author’s work!

AG31AG318 months ago

I wish I knew how to articulate what it is about an author that makes me want to read the whole thing after two paragraphs. This little bit has it, and I will most definitely read the Madelyn chapters at a leisurely pace, when I can givethem proper attention. Thank you! Five stars, of course.

AG31AG317 months ago

I read Chapters 6 through 10 as a novella (although I confess that I skimmed when Adam was not present). It's a tour de force of characterization. Three people so vividly depicted in what I call pure erotica. That is, every paragraph supported the goal of erotic frisson, no distracting back story, but also built three real people.

But, of course, it's not just the characters. The sex is beautifully rendered. Congratulations!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElectricBlue@ElectricBlue
A writer of mostly urban erotica, with more café scenes than a classic French movie; occasional departures to more fantastic worlds, off planet and on.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES