All Comments on 'The Game of Golf'

by Omegaman56

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
she's going to be airtighted by 3 men

Despite not believing her husband's story still he was late and they missed their date at the restaurant(?). Well he cheated first, stupid man.

ndut123ndut123over 3 years ago

Its all over the place and tad confusing at times. But your love for your stepdad sure comes out. For that its a 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Plagiarism

Good story, but it's a take on an old golf joke. I knew the punch line from the start.

vhasstvhasstover 3 years ago
Loved the warmth in this.

Having lost my father four years ago, your anecdotes of your time with dad ( step ) bring a smile and memories of my own fathers sense of wicked humour and practical jokes. Today is a better day because you wrote this.

Thank You.

Bh76Bh76over 3 years ago

MM tells a good story but should not be an editor ever again.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

As soon as I saw you credit TMM I knew this would be shit. I was right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You used Marlboro Man

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....Next time, use a first grader. They know more about proper English than he does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Gotta love a guy confessing to cheating who goes off on a tangent about tank armor.

And an author who slips in and out of first person.

Both of you should keep your eye on the ball.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No

Very disappointed when I saw who helped edit, I knew it was going to be bad. I stopped reading at this point:

I had worked for the big boys until 3 years ago when I struck out on his own.

This is the opening of the story.............get a real editor!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Couldn't finish

Your ramblings were driving me crazy. I totally agree you need a editor.

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
Sorry

I couldn’t get past the beginning. There were too many confusing mechanical errors. I tried, I just couldn’t follow.

Omegaman56Omegaman56over 3 years agoAuthor

How about that 8 comment and no one said I switched from 1st to third person I might have but if didn't it is a start. And most stories I read with jokes in them have been used before.

RTR10RTR10over 3 years ago

From a lifelong Alabamian & graduate of the University of Alabama.....ROLL TIDE!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
eh

Poorly edited. Constantly switches from first to third person. Unnecessary and distracting political comments. You didn't even do a good job telling the joke. You need to find somebody better the TMM to help you.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Despite the mistakes I really liked this one and unlike others I didn't see the joke ending coming. I did laugh out loud.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good God!

"her arm around my waste," is just wrong on many levels. Dude, would you ask Trump how to calm a hostile crowd? No sane person would allow Smoker Guy to "edit" their work. He is a writer like a woodpecker is a carpenter.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

WTF!! Is there supposed to be a story in here somewhere?? Switching from 1st to 3rd person is the least of your problems.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"Two part story."

Stopped reading right then and there. If you don't care enough about your own story to use a chapter number so people know this BEFORE opening the story, there is no reason to read the story. There is no reason to do anything but rate it a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was AFTER editing?

Marlboromoron is as bad an editor as he is a writer. Your writing deserves better.

Get a proper editor and your stories will improve massively.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Good

Story idea is interesting, but it bounces around a bit. Nice tribute to your step father, he must have been a fine man.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Way too long and wordy for a what would have been a funny joke at the end but after 3 pages It got no more than a quick "ha".

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 3 years ago

Sorry, this was a one page joke. Three pages was just shooting for a shaggy dog.

If you don't know what a shaggy dog story is, you are in the wrong pursuit.

Knew the punch line before the end of page one. Too much BS distraction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Boring

Too much golf and stories of dad. And who will play that much golf if he runs a company and has a wife? What wife will go 3 months before speaking up and then when she does its saying she will do three guys at once? And she follows it up with a friday GNO. And the guy golfs.

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

I loved the stories, in spite of all the nay-sayers. I'll give it a 4

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
Stupic

I hope this made you laugh, it just bored me and wasnt what I was looking for in LW. Take it to the humor section

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Dad

The narrator’s ‘Dad’ was grievously wounded in WW2, then was sent to Vietnam?

2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
embarrassment

If you really "loved" your father, you would stop posting immediately.

Anyone who sounds like Marlboroscum and writes like the Marlborostain really shouldn't try posting under a new facade. Hell, even the piss poor English spelling, mis-spelling and misuse of words is as bad as if you posted as the original. Why fake your death when nobody liked the original?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

"How about that 8 comment and no one said I switched from 1st to third person I might have but if didn't it is a start. And most stories I read with jokes in them have been used before." - Even your own comment makes no sense!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The setup of the joke was waaaayyyyy too long and the joke was not that funny. Intro was good lead in to story about step-father. That was too long an effort to explain MC love of golf. I have no respect for anyone that takes that amount of time away from family for golf unless the go pro.

nestorb30nestorb30almost 3 years ago

Was it a joke...... perhaps not

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

That was really horribleness

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Unsure of the point or punch line???

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Is

Is there a point to this jumble of words.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Maybe you had to be there to appreciate the nuances of these little vignettes. Unfortunately, they do not adapt well to a short story format.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well that turned into a random word salad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmegaman56@Omegaman56
I beleive in honor, integrity and man keeping his word with a handshake. I am judgmental only to the point I make sure I live up to my own standards of other people. I like to see stories end where earned forgiveness given. I am much more likely to believe a man forgives t...

story TAGS