All Comments on 'The General's New Pet Ch. 02'

by gaggedKitty23

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
nthusiasticnthusiasticover 5 years ago
DECIMATE = 10% Loss

A population decimated has lost 10% (notice it begins__deci-__ like decimal), but it still has the other 90%. It does NOT mean destroy or devastate.

Deci-mate = reduce by 10%, leaving the other 90%

Devastate = destroy completely, lay waste

FieroGT1988FieroGT1988over 5 years ago
Please continue.

Do not let the trolls get you down. This story had potential and is well written. Please let us see what Jessie and the General can do with a country which has lost 10 percent of its population and almost all of its infrastructure to the ravages of civil war.

KindAsCakeKindAsCakeover 5 years ago
Pedantic

Like so many words usage is important with decimate. Does it technically mean 10% of something had been destroyed? Yes. Has common usage of the word given it the meaning of destroyed or devastated? Yes. In fact the dictionary definition now lists the 1 of every 10 definition as historic, while the first definition is "kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage or part of."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hot

Please keep writing

NewGuyMichNewGuyMichover 5 years ago
Literary Elites

Many words have multiple definitions. Merriam-Webster's 3rd definition of decimate is: "to reduce drastically especially in number" or "to cause great destruction or harm to".

I was going to give you a 4, but literary douchebags rub me the wrong way so I gave you a 5 to ease the suffering of you having to deal with them.

Also, you're story... its written really really good.

Bi47Bi47over 5 years ago
WOW 👍👍👍👍👍👍.

Dam good more!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Loved the series please write the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great series

Thank you for the exceptional quality, as always :) Hoping for a new chapter, would love hearing more about Samantha

cpark1170cpark1170about 2 years ago

Loved this. It made me want more. Maybe Sergie gets jealous or mad that the women are set free and wants revenge on the general and sets his sights on Jessica. This would give Jessica the chance to fight him and get revenge on the men who brutalized the women.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergaggedKitty23@gaggedKitty23
Born in Chicago...but now I'm a southern girl. My three favorite things: sex, travel, and cute animals. Oh, and I like reading too ;)

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES