All Comments on 'The Healing Game'

by demon160

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

A real feel good story. Congratulations!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
simply superb

great story well told definite 5 star

James UK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nice story but more cricket please.

Good on you demon160 for writing a cricket themed story. There are few of those here!

I enjoyed the story. Being a Kiwi, I would have liked a little more cricket detail, but no worries. For non Aussies/cricket fans, NSW = New South Wales, WBBL= Woman’s Big Bash League, T20= Twenty 20 cricket match format. The WBBL is a T20 Aussie domestic league.

Couple of typos: decent for descent, superfluous apostrophes - no big deal I guess.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 5 years ago
Truly a Real Romance

Perhaps a tad long, but the characters were well developed as was the plot. The secret of Matt's parentage did not seem out of place and gave a bit of mystery to an otherwise predictable story. The fantasy that this was an absolutely perfect match was a little hard to swallow, but still this rated a 5*. As an American I know only the rudiments of the game of cricket and find the endless hours sitting watching a minimum of action a bit tedious, but i can recognize the skills needed to perform the bowling, batting and fielding as well the strategy are as demanding as in any sport. I am a tiny bit skeptical that anyone suffering an ACL tear could be back in action as quickly and expertly as Matt was, but after all this is indeed the place for fantasy. I have to say that Matt's diligence in working out to gain his recovery has encouraged me to get to work in my own home workout space and try to get into some kind of shape.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What a sweet story

You should write more. Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Awesome!

Wonderfully put together romance. Thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the characters, one layer at a time. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very Nice Story

One of the best stories on Lit. The romance was perfect with outstanding characters. I like that little doubts are left here and there but then cleaned up with an advance of the story. Story length was perfect. This is a page turner because it just gets better and better. Thank you Demon160 for sharing such a wonderful story with us readers. We are better for having read your wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Finally!

As a fan of cricket I was waiting for something like this to be uploaded. I wasn't sure how a story could be written surrounding cricket but man you just nailed it! And that bit about Christina being his mother, that was a really nice twist . And probably something I don't even want to imagine dealing with in real life. Would be too weird. But why did she not tell him? I mean when he was 18 his grand/parents could have told him. He deserves that and not a letter capable of crushing everything his life is based on. But we'll that's what I think. Don't know much about australian cricket tradition though. I am Indian, but both our countries are passionate about cricket. So thanks for finally giving us this!!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
Loved it

Would have hit you with an overfull of 6 stars, but the umpirers at Literotica only allow me to give 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My 2 cents

What a great story. Liked the characters and the interaction between them. Liked the pace of the story. Thanks for your time and imagination.

MushyguyMushyguyabout 5 years ago
Beautifully done

The characters, the dialog, the flow, the story line....all perfect. I easily formed mental pictures of every aspect of the story as I read. Emotions were touched, tears streamed, smiles emerged, and a great time was had. Many thanks to the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Outstanding!

Characters were beautifully imagined, introduced, and integrated into the tale!

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 5 years ago
Well Done

Congratulations, you certainly know how to form and write “Feel Good” stories. When a person finishes one of your stories I believe it just makes them feel better about their day. Thank you for sharing your talents. Five*s...

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

Omg I absolutely love this story!!!! It was a slow build up and you can see how much they truly loved each other. Perfect. I love all the details. Keep writing!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I saw cricket and I stopped. There is no more boring and lamer game on the planet

Calling a cricket player an athlete is like calling someone who rides a tricycle a biker. Give me a fucking break. Its a shit game that takes hours or days to play. That people are able to make a living at it is as stupid as 12 pin bowling here in the states.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So the moral of the story is a woman can turn her back on her child to win at sport?

And we wonder what's wrong with our society.

Unmarried mum's have always been with us.

So has selfishness.

Portraying it as worthy is stupid.

Proper support of un planned pregnancy doesn't involve killing the girl's potential or the child's.

Yes there's practical consequences but new life is our most valuable asset so protect it.

Fail.

NbilsonNbilsonover 2 years ago
Brilliant story

Thank you for another superb story. I just cannot understand some people’s comments, talk about inane…. Cricket is not my favourite sport but to criticise your story due to the title or content is just ridiculous! And they have the audacity to hide behind anonymous?! Oh well….

I felt I was reading a novel which is a major complement. I adored the love in the story. Hope you are well and have avoided Covid!

Kind regards

Nigel from the uk

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for the gift of your story. It was one of the best romances I've read. Being a retired athlete I know what it takes to heal from an injury. You were spot on with the healing process. As well, I've played with athletes who had the talent, but didn't realize that hard work, hard training would make them better. I'm also glad that you made the story about Jenna's rise to play for Australia too. Your story was thoughtful, insightful and a story I will remember for a long time. K

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great story . tyvm

Hiram325Hiram325almost 2 years ago

Great story, great writing. Do ignore the critics who have contributed exactly nothing to this site... Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Aussies who love their cricket and especially love test cricket will shed tears during this story.

Great Romance, great plot, great characters, and the baggy green caps. Can't get much better.

If you are not familiar with the author check out his other works.

The Hoary Cleric

AngelRiderAngelRider12 months ago

It's too slow. I got so bored by the 3rd page. Seeing 5 more, I simply can't be bothered. There doesn't seem much here to support the length. If something substantial does happen then all I can say it should have happened far sooner. There are certainly areas in the first 3 pages that could easily be removed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous