All Comments on 'The House's Wife'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Very nice. You have to wonder if she really was mentally ill, or it was just the situation and the system.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Well

That was different. Very original. You have a creative mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A cute story

I liked it very much

meucimeuciabout 3 years ago

A kind of silly story line but as usual from this author very well written. I gave it 4 stars well done.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Delightful story!

5

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 3 years ago
Nice!

A really nice story and change of pace from the awful cuck shit or misery fest btb stories that are posted daily.

5* for that

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Highly unbelievable

But a different type of story for a welcome change in LW, quite entertaining and certainly well written. Thanks again for your work here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY. I believe it needs another chapter, to complete their lives and family. It would be wonderful if she's still young enough to give her new husband more children to love...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
well

Well I don't think he is in any trouble because all women are crazy anyway.Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I don't know what to think of the story.

Sure as usual I enjoy Skippy47, I've loved most of his stories not all but most. And I again am impressed how good the writing quality here. But really about the story -- I don't know, I'm kinda weary that Beverly will just go off one of these days and might hurt the kids. I mean is it really possible to confine a person to a mental institution even though she/he is sane but because of what the spouse insinuates? Can doctors not detect a sane person through evaluation? That questions made me undecided if I liked it or not. But gave it 3 star.

jneric2691jneric2691about 3 years ago

That can't be it! Please? 👍👍👍👍👍⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jasonnhjasonnhabout 3 years ago
My head is spinning

I was a very unusual and good story. The practical part of me was thinking "Could something like this really happen?". If I read this story as I would a science fiction story, that is with a suspension of doubt, it is a great story. It is not, however, science fiction, although at first I thought Beverly was a manifested ghost or something like that.

I'm not convinced that someone could get a person committed got an emotional outburst. That might have been true in the early 1900s but not today. They might toss a violently upset person into behavioral health for a few days but not much more. Nor would have Beverly's rights been suspended per ownership of the house, etc.

Overall a nice read. Trey was eminently practical about the situation; worried at first but then accepting a solution to childcare and then his own needs and finally appreciating the relationship that had been established.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A different kind of story is welcome here. You didn't make it clear if she was actually having mental problems or if it was just her despicable ex-husband causing problems. I think she's okay, she's just been married to a rotten man. The kids should be the priority and they loved her, the neighbors love her, the shrinks couldn't find anything wrong with her. I'm glad he's giving her a chance.

Good story, well written; an entertaining read. That's a 5 in my book. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Original

I enjoyed reading that. I thought it was going to be a ghost story when Momma first appeared.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomabout 3 years ago

It's 5 from me it's a wonderful warm amusing story. I was literally laughing out loud as I read some of the dialogue. Unlike many LW stories, all the characters were likable with the possible exception of Alfred. But that being said there was very little about his character only from Emily did we get a little more.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

Um okay, she has adult kids with their own families (plural) but she is just "a little older" huh? Why didbt her children help her in the first place. She was this wonderful and amazing lady that everyone loves but her kids don't help? Huh?

It was a good story until you fucked it up by adding unnecessary information

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 3 years ago
I suspended disbelief and just enjoyed it!

Good story! Your story, your universe, your fantasy!

I have a feeling both husband and wife were delusional.

Interesting premise. My ex and current, both, have mental issues. I don't believe it's that common, but I don't know for certain. I don't expect rationality on Literotica.

You chose a difficult topic. Well done.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago
Before Tsar Aleksandr II ended serfdom in Russia, . . .

. . the serfs were legally tied to the land. That was what I thought of in this story, that Beverley was tied to the house.

A lot of suspension of disbelief is required for this story, but it was still a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
original

That was something I would have never thought of - the wife comes with the house! Very original.

I liked it and won't nit pick but I did wonder how he could have bought half of the house without her knowing as I thought she and her "ex" still owned it? He was a guardian but I don't think he had power of attorney. Or does he?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
This is so real you could almost believe it's a story!

How could you not buy London Bridge from this lunatic!

You'd understand that it was real that there are shares available, but is there a London Bridge, I mean to say, who the hell has ever heard of London? Surely it's just some place Donald Trump has bought and made over as a theme park? I mean surely.......

Tiger27Tiger27about 3 years ago

This story was well written, but ended way too soon.

ctdansctdansabout 3 years ago
romance?

Maybe this is a romance or non erotic? It was enjoyable but I don't see the LW connection. They aren't married, he is a widow, she is separated. The drama is with her and her ex, and him in his deciding to keep her or move out.

Nice story but not what I expected at all.

Baldy74Baldy74about 3 years ago

Enjoyed it, such a fun little story. My only problem was you only set it a few months after his wife's sudden death. Certainly got over her fast!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nice change of pace and just unique enough to keep one engaged

Enjoyed it. Quirky, but fun

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I don’t like how the convenience of the wife’s death by auto accident is used to move the story forward. Yet seems so inconsequential to all the other characters in the story and was not developed more. It was used as a plot piece to setup Trey and Beverly and seems disingenuous how a full blown relationship can kick off mere weeks after her death.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
Cute. And original.

Liked it much, as improbable as it is. Of course, that’s why it’s call “fiction”.

5-stars

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 3 years ago

As a tear fell from my eye, I hit the five.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 3 years ago

Seems Trey hiring a decent lawyer to represent her would have been the first/best option. Possibly sue Alfred if he have actually screwed her over and she was not really mentally ill but just distraught. Obviously the neighbors thought she was okay.

I still gave you a 5.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Sweet and cute. Seems like her husband is behind her mental health issues. Now that he's out of the picture she should be OK.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Exceptionally creative

which is unusual for LW. easy 5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Agree with other commenters, the mental health nexus in the story goes largely unexplained. Was she crazy or was she manipulated by her ex-husband. Other than that, well written story with an almost believable premise. Definitely a "fresh" storyline for this genre and I really appreciate the effort. I also agree a part 2 that explains some of the questions in this segment would be appreciated by us readers. 5*

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

As usual Skip an excellent tale.

5/5 because the story touched me, proving u did your job as a writer.

Well done!!!!!!

DazzyDDazzyDabout 3 years ago

This is wonderful! Life should be so easy! 5

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 3 years ago

5* The hero gets a 1950s wife who most everybody loves and wants to provide him with experienced enthusiastic sex as needed. Works for me.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 3 years ago
These things happen when a person doesn't have a competent and aggressive advocate.

The system is very good about moving things along, and "care providers" have little motivation to correct injustices. Why make and effort that will cut off an income stream?

I've seen people (particularly those with money or with personal power) using the system as just another way to impose their will. The lawyers have a saying, "Everyone is innocent until proven broke".

A mental institution is sometimes just another jail or warehouse. If you see someone being sandbagged with a commitment and few if any have real knowledge of the situation, beware. Judges are told a false story and never hear the other side until much, much later, if at all.

It's easy and tempting to use drugs for chemical restraints just by adding an diagnosis code. Privacy laws stop even an inmate's presence being revealed, let alone talking to the inmate.

There's often no downside what so ever for people in authority who abuse the system, and very few who can and will defend the abused. Out of site, out of mind.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 3 years ago

What a fun read. Thanks Skippy for another 5 star story

TnicollTnicollabout 3 years ago
That was Different

Very different story and very well done Skippy47!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another good one. The ending was a little short but the story was very entertaining.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 3 years ago
Originial and cute

5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a great story, different from any that I've come across! Thank you - 5 stars. BTW, I think anonymous needs more help than Beverly!

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 3 years ago

Just great. An unusual and fun story. This is a completely new plot type. Great

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Very different

And gr8. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
What a refreshing spin on things!

Did have a couple plot holes though, that my over analytic mind just had to notice 😎

#1: Why did the police allow her to remain, after both her husband and Trey wanted her removed?

#2: The process of Trey being assigned legal guardianship would have taken months, if not over a year.

That said....the nice vibe of the story came thru nicely! 4****

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 3 years ago
Sweet

Sweet fairy tale for adults. It reminded me of the proverb, "One man's trash is another man's treasure..."

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyabout 3 years ago
A short happy fantasy

I like the universe you constructed. It’s nice to see a good ending to potentially devastating situations. I agree the ending was abrupt but it was a good stopping point.

My only lingering question was how Trey & the children dealt with the death of his wife & their mother.

KalimaxosKalimaxosabout 3 years ago
That was sweet

That was nice. A bit short, but it hit all the points.

Wait... no cuckery and no cheating? How did that sneak by me?

You got a 5!

ribnitinribnitinabout 3 years ago

Great original story

awyldsideawyldsideabout 3 years ago

nice. more sex would have been nice too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I enjoy your stories. But this time ...

“It started with the shocking death of my wife of ten years in a single car auto accident ....”

As a result he was “... under a great deal of stress the last few months”? His “desire to get away from the memory triggers was so strong,” but he waited 10 years to ask for a transfer at work. And he knows “kids are resilient, but this was so quick after their mother's death”—the loss of a parent is traumatic, but I would expect kids to adjust after 10 years.

I’m not just being picky, I spent more than half of the story unsuccessfully trying to make sense of this taking place 10 years after his wife’s death. I was trying to understand why he and his children were still so grieving so deeply 10 years later. Readers tire of a story when you have them fruitlessly chase a wild goose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Okay, I do enjoy a story which is not always cut from the same cloth. To me I would classify that as a Feel Good Story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Stranger than Whale Snot.

I liked it.

ThorlolThorlolabout 3 years ago

anon under me,

"It started with the shocking death of my wife of ten years in a single car auto accident ...." The important part is "my wife of ten years" wich means they were married for ten years before she died.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 3 years ago
Some people shouldn't be allowed out on the streets

Another absolutely stupid comment from an "Anonymous" reader. (Why don't they get themselves handles and join the community of responsible readers?) This one reads the line: "my wife of ten years" and thinks that the accident happened 10 years before and Trey and the kids had been without mother/wife for 10 years. Obviously they had been married for 10 years and the accident had happened recently. The story was a little unusual since a live-in wife/mother doesn't usually come with a house rental, but, why not? It thought it a bit unusual that Beverley hadn't been able to find an attorney who could obtain resolution of the disposition of property in a divorce without her being committed to a mental institution (of which there are almost none in existence any more). It was a pleasant ride to a happy ending and 2 pages was a little short, but welcome after so many 7-9 page tales appearing lately. 4*

Driven2ReadDriven2Readabout 3 years ago
5* another good one

I liked the (rarity in LW) original story line. Another good story in your catalog..

To Anonymous -- he was married to her for 10 years -- not telling the story 10 years later. This is all within months to year of the death of his wife. That is how I saw it.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 3 years ago
Original

And wonderful. Loads of stars

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 3 years ago

Damn, Skippy. Nice job. 5 stars.

Hooked

cybojicybojiabout 3 years ago
This is romance

That is a good thing. You have the soul to be an awesome romance writer. The loving wives category is worth the read, but the romance area is where the best talent is. Hope you venture to this new area for you. Qhm is one of the best.... read his works. Great job, and thanks for the story. 5

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 3 years ago

Novel concept, Mr. 47. I read with interest. Write another, please.

@Annie, "I like your stories..." It is not Mr. Skippy's writing issue with which you struggle, but your reading issues. "Wife of ten years," does not refer to the time she had been deceased, but to the length of time they were married: ten years. This issue was all of your manufacture, not the writer's.

Look forward to your next, Randi.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

A heartwarming story. I really enjoyed the premise. Beverly is a great character. I already miss her. And good for Trey. Well done and complete story, but I could easily imagine a full 150K novel based on this plot. Very nice.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

This was cute and I liked it but the villain was really built up to require at least a black eye, so to speak, for his vile villainy.

dewinsludewinsluabout 3 years ago

I think this story is definitely one of your best stories. When i first started reading it I thought I was going to get a ghost story, but was pleasantly surprised to read something in the LW category that i’d not read before. It did seem a little rushed and could have used a little more character development but overall I thought it was great. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wife of 10 years

This means that he was married for 10 years, not that she died 10 years ago. The unexpected death was recent (only a few months ago) hence the growing need to move away.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 3 years ago

karma and alfred need to meet each other

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
To Anonymous. “I enjoy your stories. But this time ...”

It is clear that he had a wife for 10 years. She was killed In an accident.

There is nothing wrong with that sentence structure or what it says. You may have been confused the first time but you should I gotten it when you reread it to make your post.

The author did not lead you down the wrong path in any way what so ever. You just can’t read.

cyferxcyferxabout 3 years ago
Wife of ten years

means he was married to her for ten years before she was killed, not that she was killed ten years ago. Reading comprehension is important. Check your own understanding before you accuse the author of being a dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
To: Anonymous From: Anonymous Re:

The time frame. Yeah okay, they were married for ten years but where did you get that the children were born at the beginning of the marriage? The kids are said to be young and I don’t think school was ever mentioned. So why was it so hard to imagine the family still grieving when the wife’s accident could have been very recent? Your comments are flawed in my opinion. IT’S A GOOD STORY!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hey Anon, reread

"my wife of ten years", not my wife ten years ago, or something. They were married for 10 years, and the kids didn't yet know she had died. Reread the first lines again, slowly.

Sweet story. 4*s

ribnitinribnitinabout 3 years ago

it reminds me of the old movie The Apartment, with Jack Lemon and Shirley MacLaine. MacLaine was one of the furnishings of the apartment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Pretty good

Would have been 5 stars if Alfred had been served a healthy dose of karma.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Anon try rereading it again. It was a few months of stress after his wife of 10 years died. Reading isnt actually that difficult a skill for most people.

Good story in an odd sort of way.

012Say012Sayabout 3 years ago
Love new plots!

This was a fun read as you suggested. A 5, no doubt! One thing seemed off. A great mom deserted by her kids; seems unlikely. Better, perhaps, if they were childless and she was neighborhood mother.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Anon

I believe she had been his wife for ten years, not dead for ten. Great little feel good story. I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nice original story

This story really hit the mark. A break from all those trashy stories out their.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Liked it.

Thanks!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 3 years ago

Nice one. Uplifting and heart warming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
@anon 03/11/21

"Wife of ten years" means they were married for ten years, not that she died ten years ago. Your goose chase is your own fault.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago
Um

His wife of 10 years meant he was married for ten years, not that his wife died 10 years ago,she had died several months before. I thought it was a cute story, the ex wife had the last laugh.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
First new story idea I have seen here in ages!

So good. I expected it to be a ghost or something...

LOVED IT!

dys_xelicdys_xelicabout 3 years ago

Sorry, but I can't buy the premise of the story. As a parent, I would have the kids in a hotel rather than even staying the first night in the same house as a trespasser. There's no way a parent would take that risk. I'd be out of the door with them while she was finishing cooking diner. And I'd bring charges not only against the trespasser, but also against the babysitter for letting her in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Very clever, and a great plot idea. But, . . .

how does an asshole husband convince a medical institution that his wife is mentally ill? There is missing the logical and legal chain of events that explain why this woman is being involuntarily committed for mental evaluation and care. And her children abandon her as well, yet she is universally loved and respected throughout the neighborhood?

Upon further consideration its just lame and ridiculous.

But thanks for the effort.

tizwickytizwickyabout 3 years ago

Loved the story very original plot. I hope you would consider adding a additional chapter or two detailing how Trey gets revenge on Alfred for Beverley’s mistreatment.

maninconnmaninconnabout 3 years ago
Aw!

This deserved an “aw” and a flutter of the heart. Well written, unique and charming! Thanks for writing!.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
tenant rights

Since when do landlords have the feudalistic power to throw out any guest of his tenant? When someone rents a home to a tenant then he or she relinquishes control over the comings and goings of visitors to the tenant. The the police would be the the first to tell you that. Guests come and go at the tenant's sole discretion. Your home is your castle, rented or not.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago
Interesting

Interesting concept of one party of a broken couple not moving out of the family home. Equity would call for the rent to go to both parties minus a portion that could be deducted to equal the child care and housekeeping Beverley. Her husband was not have received all the rent, Trey would have to put Beverley's portion in and account for her once the divorced was settled. Also once Trey rented the house Alfred had no say as to whether Beverly was trespassing, only Trey could have her removed but it would have to be by eviction. But hay it's a fictional story so anything can happen and it can't be held against you.

johnadpjohnadpabout 3 years ago
Nice Story 5 Stars

Really nice story. Unfortunately, the laws are such now that it’s actually very difficult to get mental health facilities to compel treatment on someone. I had to hire an expensive lawyer, who specializes in this very specific field snd charges $800 an hour, just to be able to get a family member the help she desperately needed, and it took more than a year. If you don’t have the money you are literally screwed.

Where before people were incarcerated and forced antipsychotics on them too easily, now the pendulum has swung to the other extreme.

On a lighter note, I remember a news story from a some years ago where a woman in London going through a divorce was having a hard time selling her house (this was during a recession) so she advertised that she came with the house for a year as an added selling point.

Nice feel good story. Maybe a challenge for you skippy to flesh out a story like this and bring the characters more out!?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good vibes

This story not only entertained me, it also made feel good. I know is fiction but gave me hope in humanity and put an smile on my lips. For that I give my most sincerely thank you to the author.

jesemmojesemmoabout 3 years ago
Good Story

Sometimes a story comes along that is so good that you automatically want more. I truly enjoyed this story and would like it if you decide to expand it for several more chapters. 5 stars.

DunkirkDunkirkabout 3 years ago

Excellent. Hope Beverly and Trey have many years together

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago
Nice

You really got me going for a while, but it turned out a great plot and a fine finish, thank you, 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You were correct it is a feel good story. Really enjoyed it but it did feel rushed towards the end but maybe that was because I was enjoying reading it and wanted it to last longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Would work well as a ghost story too.

Alfred being old and "something" happening years before that bound Beverly to the house. Details and dialogue to be added by someone else that can actually write. Me, I just have ideas.

Enjoyed this tale quite a bit, and who wouldn't be just a bit crazy after experiencing what her husband put her through?

☆☆☆☆☆

deadmunnydeadmunnyabout 3 years ago
too short *sob*

Like the comment title says

JeffTomJeffTomabout 3 years ago
Thank you for writing this story

I liked it so much I was hoping it would not end.

I had to give it a 5.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 3 years ago

Well done! Unique, entertaining, compassionate, a feel good story if there ever was one. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good story but a twist would have spiced it up

A story with Beverley being rehabilitated as a previously cheating wife and Alfred the ex still recovering may have helped spice the story a little. Good story nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Literally the dumbest story ever

There was no point at all to this being written.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 3 years ago

This needed to be in Romance. Love, love, love it!!! Dying for more details - Beverly has adult children, but is she post-menopause or still fertile? Has her obsessiveness been cured, or is it just dormant? So much potential here! 5 stars!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous