All Comments on 'The Hungry Wolf Ch. 06'

by wanderingmindgames

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Beautiful!

I think you were correct to focus this chapter on their continuing "courting" and saving the mating for when you feel the time and content is right. Well done!

Stevens_rockStevens_rockabout 11 years ago
I don't often leave positive comments

Call me an ass or whatever but it isn't often that I leave a comment of just praise but I like this story a lot and right now it is one of the few that I look forward to reading.

If the next chapter was, And then thy mated, the end, you would still have enough goodwill to earn a decient score from me.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 11 years ago
Good update.

I'm glad you left the mating for the next chapter and made everything more detailed. It's good to see them developing their relationship; having little fights, making up, finding each others' boundaries. That's important.

Now onto the mating! Can't wait!

Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyalmost 11 years ago

Excellent – don't try to rush this story. You've paced it beautifully so far: it's the doubts and grey areas that don't automatically and conveniently resolve themselves that make the story so believable, and the detail in the dialogue is excellent. You're good at exposition: nice use of the conversation with Anna to explain things.

' "Thanks for everything," she said as she heard Damien growl low behind her. "Really?" she said, releasing Tony and turning back towards Damien, her hands on her hips. "After everything we've been through and everything we've discussed over the past couple days...really?" ' and ' "I wouldn't say I was understanding as much as I was aware I had no choice." '

Feminist werewolf-to-be – got to love it.

"It was...it was Keith. When he...that last time...he...he"

I seriously hope that at some point, Keith will get cut into small pieces and turned into goulash.

Love Becky figuring out what to wear for her best friend's wedding!

(Sorry, I can't help it: I edit, that's what I do.)

"She sighed and shifted, straddling the line between sleeping and awake" and "Damien smiled. He shifted slowly, trying not to jostle her too much" – Using "shifted" to mean "moved" is tricky in werewolf stories, because of the double meaning – it might work better just to use "moved", or to recast the sentence so that "shifted" isn't needed.

Looked to see what else of yours I could read, but I see your other stories are in the BDSM category, which isn't my thing – I'll be waiting for further chapters of this, though.

:-)

katgoddess1katgoddess1almost 11 years ago

Very well done. This is a very good story!

MaynessMaynessalmost 11 years ago

Warming, enjoyable read. I am glad that you decided to take your time and not spare the detail, it's made this chapter a joy. You are right that its the journey not necessarily the destination that counts for more and definitely in literature. I can't remember a more relaxing read. That said I keep thinking that awful ex of hers is going to crop up, for instance when Charlie hadn't heard from Becky, and I am so glad he didn't, but the suspense is always there or a pack member will try and throw a spanner in the works and it makes this story what it is....great! Thanks. M.

ColandraColandraalmost 11 years ago
Love it!

Complete bliss while reading this chapter! Keep up the excellent work :)

southernmisfitsouthernmisfitalmost 11 years ago
Wow, what a great story, really one of the best in this place

The first chapter didn't promise too much.

I really appreciate that it's just about Damien and Charlie, focusing on their characters, all of the werewolf stories here rely heavily on some sort of adventure plot, this apparently doesn't, which is great, because it makes it so pleasantly different and you write the characters so nicely and sympathetic that it doesn't make it feel it's missing something because it's just a romantic story and takes things rather slowly.

In particular I appreciate that it's completely free of any cheesy vampires or other rather camp supernaturals. :-))

I hope you upload the next chapter soon. And I can't wait to read the showdown with Damian's possessive ex. I really really hope that when this story is completed it won't be the last we hear of Damien and Charlie. Maybe then something with a nice adventure plot. Because you have me hooked.

Pepper83Pepper83almost 11 years ago
Can't Wait

The Hungry Wolf, is the best written series I've read on this site. I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the good work! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fantastic

Wonderful characters and steamy sex scenes! Can't wait for the ceremony!

Literoticareader99Literoticareader99almost 11 years ago
A terrific story

I can't wait for Chapter 7!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Next chapter?

Ahh. These stories are amazing, but are you going to finish them?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Where did you go?

I check back for updates, but it's been a while. Are you planning on finishing?

wanderingmindgameswanderingmindgamesalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Next chapter just submitted

Sorry for the delay - had a major computer error! It is July 29 and I have just submitted the chapter. Hopefully will be up soon.

wanderingmindgameswanderingmindgamesover 9 years agoAuthor
It's me

Hey there - today is Monday, October 27, 2014, and yes, I am alive.

Sorry to have left you all so long, sorrier still to have left Damian and Charlie for so long. I have been through almost a year of one heartbreak after another. An end to a marriage of almost two decades, an end to a new relationship, an end to friendships I thought were wholly unbreakable...the pain, the hurt, was real, it was physical, and it clouded everything. Even the precious time I spent with the Dimeos and Charlie.

Yeah, I know how it sounds. But consider this: it's not an EXCUSE. It's an explanation.

It took me a while to get over it all. But I did. The past is the past; I cannot change what happened, and honestly don't think I would wish to at this point.

I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. I am writing again. It was hard to start again, but that - thankfully - was short lived. Even better, I am hearing Damien and Charlie and Becky and everyone again. Which is a grand thing.

I will have the next chapter up ASAP.

Best,

-W

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfover 8 years ago
Love the Story,

But I have to tell ya something. The Rocket III is a nice bike, but, no where even close to the most powerful, LOL's... I own a Boss Hoss 502, she developes close to 600 Horse, it makes the Rocket look like a little toy. They now have several factories that are making them here in the states.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous