The Hungry Wolf Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, yes, they do. But until then, the pack will scent you -- scent us -- as they did today."

She thought on this for a moment. "So is that why Lewis said that I didn't smell like you when I met him?" she asked as they pulled in to Tony's. Her little blue car was sitting out front.

"Yes."

"And why Tony sniffed my wrist when I met him?"

"Ah...no, actually." He smiled at her. "He was trying to get a reaction out of me."

"Trying?" Charlie teased as they got out of the truck.

"He might have succeeded a little bit."

"Right, just a bit," she said, taking his hand again with a laugh as they walked into the office.

"Just a bit of what?" Tony asked, coming in from the service bay.

"Nothing important," Damien said, giving Charlie a pointed look as she opened her mouth.

"Uh huh," Tony said, looking at Charlie as she rolled her eyes. "Why don't I believe you?"

"Because he's not tell-" Charlie was stopped by Damien's finger on her lips. He crossed his eyes at her, making her laugh.

"We've come to pick up her car, my friend," Damien said, turning to Tony.

"She's good to go." He moved behind the desk and opened the drawer, fishing out her keys and tossing them to her. "Gave her an oil change and a tune-up, too, so you should be set for the next 3,500 miles or so."

"Great," Charlie said, stepping around Damien to approach the desk. "What do I owe you?" she asked, fishing her wallet out of her purse.

"Nothing," Tony said, giving her a funny look.

"What do you mean, nothing?"

"Well...we don't charge the pack. Never have." Tony glanced at Damien before continuing. "This business has my name, but it's owned by the pack."

"But I'm not part of the pack."

Tony looked surprised at that. "Yes you are. At least, you soon will be. Right?"
She looked at him closely, assessing the sincerity in his expression, and nodded. She looked back at Damien, who was tensed up and watching her, as if he was afraid she would run away or something, and smiled. She turned and put her arms around his waist, wanting to reassure him. "Breathe, cowboy."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," he said, stroking her cheek with his.

"It's alright." She squeezed him and went up on her toes to brush her lips across his. "As far as recent surprises go, this one was relatively mundane." He barked a laugh at that and she beamed at him as she stepped out of his arms. "So is there anything else you need from me, Tony?" she asked.

"Nope. You're good here."

"Thanks." She surprised both men when she took Tony into her arms and gave him a hug. "Thanks for everything," she said as she heard Damien growl low behind her. "Really?" she said, releasing Tony and turning back towards Damien, her hands on her hips. "After everything we've been through and everything we've discussed over the past couple days...really?"

"You're mine," he said, grabbing her arm and pulling her to him. He wrapped his arms around her and pressed her head against his chest.

"Yours? Why don't you just hit me over the head and drag me back to your cave by my hair?"

"He can't help it, Charlie," Tony laughed behind her. "I mean, who wouldn't be afraid someone as handsome and charismatic as me would come and steal their girl away?"

"You're not helping, Tony," Charlie laughed as Damien's growl deepened. His arms tightened around her a bit and she leaned back to catch his eye. "You know, the sooner we get back and unload my car, the sooner I can give you a really good reason to growl." She cocked a brow at him and gave him what she hoped was a seductive smile. His eyes widened at her tone and a smile spread slowly across his face.

"Why are we still here?" he said, pressing his groin against her.

"We're leaving," she said, breaking out of his arms and rushing towards the door. "See you back at your place," she teased as she ducked Damien's reach and ran out the door.

"Our place," he ground out, chasing her as Tony sat and watched them, a big smile on his face.

"Whatever," she said, running across the lot to her car. "Race you!" She hopped in and started up her little car, throwing it in reverse and backing out before Damien was able to close the door of his truck behind him. She bent her head to look out the passenger window at Damien, buckling her seat belt with her right hand and tapping her horn with her left. She waved at him when he looked and put her car in drive, laughing as she tore out of Tony's and turned towards the highway.

She was about half way to the turn off for the ranch when she glanced in her rear-view mirror and saw Damien's truck coming up fast. She laughed, flooring the gas pedal, knowing she could never outrun his truck with her little four cylinder car. She glanced down to see her speedometer hovering between 85 and 90 and let off the gas, letting out an exhilarated squeal as she thought she heard a howl from behind her.

Damien easily caught up to her and paced her, staying on her tail. He could see her throw her head back and laugh, surprising him into laughing right along with her. His wolf pushed to the forefront of his consciousness, loving the chase even if he couldn't run, and Damien let out a wild sounding howl before he could push it back. They swung on to the ranch road, Charlie's little car hugging the corner far better than the truck did -- Damien fishtailed, leaving a plume of dust and grit hanging in the still air behind him like a contrail -- forcing him to speed up to catch up to her again.

Charlie glanced in her rear-view again, smiling at Damien through the mirror as she drove onto the ranch and slowed down. She pulled up in front of the garage and stopped as Damien drove in and parked. He hopped out of his truck and pointed her to the spot next to his, standing aside as she parked her car and got out. She gave a breathless shriek when she found herself suddenly pressed against her car and felt Damien behind her.

"I warned you about running from an agitated wolf," he growled into her ear before giving her lobe a hard bite. "Half of me wants to make you run again, the other half just wants to rip your pants off right here and fuck you into submission," he said, grinding his pelvis into her. Charlie could feel his hard cock against her ass and she gave a slight moan, pressing herself back against him.

"Is that what you want, my Charlotte?" Damien asked, rubbing the bulge of his cock against the cleft of her ass. "You want me to rip off your jeans and fuck you right here?"

"No," she lied, rubbing herself against him. The thought of him doing that to her where anyone could walk by and see them was a surprising turn on to her, but she didn't want to admit that to him.

"No? So that isn't your arousal I smell?" he laughed softly. "If I touched your pussy right now it wouldn't be wet?"

"No." She shook her head, smiling, knowing he wouldn't believe her.

"I think you are a liar, and I am aching to prove you one" he said, nipping at her neck as she gave a breathless moan. He stilled behind her, keeping her immobile against her car as he slid his left hand across her hip to her sex, squeezing it hard through her jeans and smiling at her gasping moan. He gave her earlobe another fierce nip before stepping away from her and turning her to face him. "However, that will have to wait a bit. We should go see Anna while the car is unloaded, then we can unpack before we meet with Darian and Eva." He gave her a wicked looking leer. "But don't worry, I'll have you naked and sated soon enough."

Her impending pout at his getting her turned on and not following through again evaporated. "You're going to have someone unload my car for me?"

"Of course," he said, taking her hand and giving her a funny look.

"Why?" she asked as he led her out of the garage and toward the medical center. "I can do it myself."

"I know."

"Then why?"

"It's just how it works here, my love. Everyone has a job to do, a responsibility to the pack to uphold."

"I see," she said, squinting up at him as he was silhouetted against the afternoon sun. "And one of those jobs happens to be unloading the car of the lead Beta's intended mate?"

"Not exactly," he laughed. "But general custodial duties, yes."

"I see. I appreciate it, Damien. I really do. But I would much rather do for myself -- for us -- than be waited on."

"It's not like that, my love."

"So you do your own laundry?"

"Well, no, but-"

"You scrub your own floors?"

"No. Of course not. But-"

"You wash your own dishes?"

"No."

"So how is that not being waited on?" she asked, tugging his hand until he stopped to look at her.

"It's the way of the pack, Charlie. It is what they were meant to do. Just as Darian does what he was meant to do, and Anna does what she was meant to do. And once we mate, you will be given a responsibility, a job, too."

She was quiet for a bit, chewing on what he said. "I hadn't thought of it like that," she said, cocking her head. "What will I do?"

"I don't know. We will have to see where you best fit in." They started walking towards the medical center again.

"Cooking? Can I still cook?" she asked, not seeing the funny look he gave her.

"We'll see, my love." He held open the door to the small lobby and followed her inside, putting his hand on the small of her back and leading her past the reception area.

"Don't we need to check in?" she asked as they made their way down the hall.

"She knows we're here," he said, opening a door to an exam room. Anna was there waiting for them along with a tall and skinny woman with short brown hair.

"Hello again," Anna said as they came into the room.

"Anna. Meredith," Damien said, nodding to the woman in the room with them.

"Hello Damien," she said, a bit coldly. She turned towards Charlie and gave her a smile that seemed warm at first glance, but never quite reached her eyes. "This must be your intended."

"Charlie Bell," she said, extending her hand. She was a bit surprised to see she looked so much older than anyone else she had met thus far.

"Yes, I know," she said with a slightly derisive laugh, ignoring Charlie's hand. "I will leave you now, Anna, so you may attend to the hu- Charlie." She turned at that and left, walking briskly out of the room.

"Another ex-girlfriend?" she asked, turning to Damien. Making him and Anna laugh.

"Hardly," he said. "That was Mirabelle's mother." Charlie looked at him confused for a moment before realization dawned.

"Oooohhh. Well that makes a bit more sense then, doesn't it."

"Indeed," Anna said, grinning at Charlie. "Now, what did you want to see me about?" she asked, leaning against the exam table.

"Well, uh..." Charlie began, glancing at Damien. "Hey cowboy -- you think you could step out for a bit? Maybe go see to the unloading or something?"

"Charlie?" He cupped her chin, tilting her head up to look at him. "Is there something bothering you?"

"No," she smiled at him. "I just would like to talk to Anna privately. Girl things, you know."

"Sure?" he asked, hesitant to leave her.

"Go, Damien. She'll be fine." Anna moved to the door, holding it open for him.

"Alright." He bent and kissed the tip of her nose. "I'll see you back in the apartment."

"Okay."
He moved to the door, pausing and turning towards Charlie again. "You're really sure?"

"Damien! Go!" Charlie laughed, shaking her head as he left with a small wave. She hopped up on the exam table and crossed her legs.

"So Charlie, how can I help you?" Anna asked as the door swung slowly closed behind him.

"Well, I have a lot of questions."

"I can imagine," Anna said with a warm smile.

"I'm not even sure where to start."

"Start wherever and I'm sure we'll eventually get everything covered."

"Alright," Charlie said, looking down at her lap. "Um, well, okay...so Damien says I'm his mate." She glanced at Anna, who nodded and smiled. "And he wants me to become like him, to become a werewolf. Which I want to do, except...well, I'm a little wary of the ceremony, but nothing I can't get over, I guess." She could feel her cheeks getting red but couldn't stop it.

"The ceremony? Why?"

"I have...I was abused by my ex-husband," she began.

"Oh, Charlie -- I'm sorry," Anna said, putting her hand on her arm and giving her a gentle squeeze.

"It's alright. I mean, it's not, but it was a long time ago," she paused for a moment, taking a deep breath. "I have some pretty bad scars, pretty embarrassing scars, actually. And I understand, what with the sex and all, everyone will see them if we go through with the ceremony. Which is what I'm not very happy about, but I will deal with it." She gave Anna a shy smile and shrugged at that. "But...I'm really worried that...if I do this...will they be visible when I am a wolf?"

"Oh," Anna said, breathing out a sigh. "I don't know. Wolves heal amazingly fast-"

"I saw."

"But I'm not sure how pre-existing scars would fare." She looked at Charlie thoughtfully for a moment. "I think it would depend on the scar, the severity of the original tissue damage as well as the depth. Can I see them?" she asked, grabbing a pair of gloves out of the dispenser on the wall behind her.

Charlie thought a minute before nodding. "Alright," she said. Sitting up, she steeled her nerves for another minute before raising her shirt. She turned her head towards the door and closed her eyes, unwilling to watch as Anna inspected them. It was bad enough to feel her fingers, she didn't need to see them, too.

"Your ex-husband did this to you?" she asked softly. Charlie nodded, and Anna was struck by the courage it took her to reveal this, not only to her, but to the whole pack when she was claimed by Damien. She had liked Damien's mate upon their first meeting, and now she knew she was right. She didn't know the story behind the scars and didn't want to, but that didn't stop her protective instincts from flaring up.

'If you ever hurt Charlie I will personally torment you for the rest of your life,' she sent to Damien.

'You'd likely have to get in line,' he sent back, proud and amused. 'Besides, do you think I would ever do anything to hurt her? I would navigate my way through the seven circles of hell just to see her smile.'

"Alright, Charlie, thank you." She took off the gloves and threw them in the garbage, moving to the sink and washing her hands. "They don't look too deep, Charlie. I wouldn't worry too much about them when you change."

"Really?"

"I think you might have some interruption in your fur where they are the deepest, but that would likely be the worst of it." Anna said, nodding and smiling at her. "In fact, I think some of the shallower, thinner scars might fade once you do change."

"That's possible?"

"I believe so. I'm going to do a bit of research on it if you don't mind. Contact some other packs," she held her hand up to stop Charlie's protest, "just to ask what their experience has been with turned humans. I won't give them anything specific, I promise."

"Okay. Thanks."

"What next?"

"Well, Damien told me a little about having babies, that it's difficult for you to get pregnant-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. It is not difficult, per se. At least, I don't think it's any more difficult for me than for you."

"But you don't have babies as often as humans do."

"That's not exactly 100% accurate, Charlie. We have a much more limited time when we can get pregnant. For you, for the average human, you're fertile, you can get pregnant, for a few days about once a month, right? And with anyone who produces healthy and active sperm." Charlie nodded. "We can only get pregnant after we mate, and only from our mate, and only when we go into heat, which is usually just a few days every 10 to 13 months or so, but the periods in between can be as long as 20 months."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Those are rare, and usually someone who has such a long lapse between will be in heat for a few weeks rather than a few days."

"Wow."

"So it's not that it's more difficult to have offspring. It's that the opportunity doesn't present itself as often."

"I see," Charlie said, her brow creased in thought. "And if there are other...inhibiting factors? How likely is it that there would never be a pregnancy?"

"Inhibiting factors? Have you had a hysterectomy, Charlie?"

"No."

"Tubal ligation?"

"No. Nothing like that. I was thinking because of my age."

"Your age?"

"I'm 40."

"I see." She smiled at Charlie, trying not to tease her. She already considered her pack, more than that she thought of her as a friend, and didn't want to make her uncomfortable. "That's actually pretty young for us, you know."

"Yeah, that's kind of what Damien said. I was just wondering if it's different for me because I wasn't, you know, born the same?

"Not at all. In fact, I think it might be the opposite. But that is something I will also ask some of the other packs about." She watched Charlie relax a bit at that. "What next?"

"Explain what you mean when you say you go into 'heat'. Is it like it is for other animals? Like you see on the Discovery Channel?"

"Yes and no. It's kind of a cross between wolves and humans, I guess."

"How so?"

"Well, first the female's hormones go a little crazy. We ovulate like mad for a few days, which brings about changes in our pheromones."

"Pheromones?"

"Our scent. It doesn't change our scent, but it..." Anna trailed off, looking for the right words.

"Adds a layer to it?" Charlie offered, thinking about what Damien said the other day.

"Exactly. And while all of us can smell the change, it really affects our mates."

"How?"

"Their hormones go a little crazy in response to ours. Which makes them fiercely protective. Their sperm production increases tenfold, as does their stamina."

"Their stamina?" Charlie asked, her brow cocked.

"Both the male and female, actually. Their bodies respond to each other's, the need for each other becoming nearly overwhelming. The hormones working to make sure the they have sex as much as possible while they are fertile." Anna smiled at the faint grimace on Charlie's face. "It's not like the couple are out of control or anything. It's not like you're going to be in the middle of WalMart and just have to hump Damien," Anna said, and Charlie laughed.

"I was getting a bit worried," Charlie said. Up until that last bit she was thinking going into heat might be something to look forward to.

"Well don't be. You'll still be able to function pretty normally. You'll just be exceedingly...horny when you see each other."

"That's all." Anna nodded. "And this happens on average once a year or so?"

"Yep."

"What if Damien's not around when it happens?"

"Well, the odds of that happening are pretty slim, actually."

"Oh?"

"He'll notice, subconsciously anyway, that you are getting ready to go into heat, and probably won't leave your side. He'll get overly protective, jealously so, because he won't want any other males near you until it's over. And since it's Damien...well, let's just assume no one will even see you for a few days, but he's likely to keep you so busy you won't notice until it's over." Charlie laughed and blushed at that.

"He's a good guy, isn't he," Charlie said, making it more a statement than question.

"He is one of the best." She looked at the woman sitting on the exam table before her and smiled. "Can I be honest with you?" Charlie nodded, mentally bracing herself. Against what, she didn't know, but Anna's tone put her slightly on edge. "Damien and I go way back. We grew up together here, on the ranch, and were always pretty tight. Me, him and Darian, and Tony were kind of our own little gang." She smiled, and Charlie couldn't help but smile back at the wistful expression on her face. "It was great. And I was devastated when Stacie made her play for him. Not because I thought I was in love with him, but because I knew she wasn't. I didn't know why she did what she did, I just knew it was wrong. And when it hurt him so deeply...had she still been here I would have killed her." She sighed, crossing her legs at the ankles and leaning next to Charlie against the exam table.