All Comments on 'The Ice Cream Man Ch. 04'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It was decent

I think the murder was overboard. No pun intended. He could have incapacitated Marty, and stopped the rape of his wife. Who I am glad was a true loving wife without killing him. The tapes he made would have been enough to destroy Marty 's marriage, and allowing Jen to find out what a true bitch Nicole was would have been to me the better avenue. She would have known that Marty was going to rape her and Nicole was in on it, and that both are responsible for her brothers death. Neither would never get near Jen again, and Jeff would not be a murderer. As it is Nicole got off too easy for killing Jen's brother, way to easy and Jeff has a heavy burden to carry. Decent but coulda shoulda been better with you at the helm.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
SECRETS ARE ALWAYS THE DEATH OF MARRIAGES

friendships and relationships...literally.....TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Good Story

This though was the ending that I was afraid of. His life has been severely tainted by the actions he took trying to defend his wife. She did not help at all! Why didn't she come home with her folks? Why did she go in the first place? Trying to recapture her liberty? Very unsettling! and sad! Perhaps he should have left her with the opportunity to be guilty! Though I have a feeling that he would feel just as bad about that. Basically he is screwed....

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

Once the pontoon was rigged to possibly have a gas fire, events were set in motion that could not be controlled. The outcome was not what anyone wanted, but the husband felt his marriage and his wife needed to be protected from a predator. Did he do the right thing, was there something else he could have done to protect his wife? An interesting story and possibly one of the most dramatic I have read from this author.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
LW story

Interesting story, it is a Crual Revenge Revenge story and I think it would be better in LW. BTW 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

So instead of being open with and talking with his wife, he committed murder? How incredibly fucked up. Apparently she's supposed to trust him, but not the other way around, and that lack of trust allows him to be a psychotic murderer? The worst Marty could have done was rape his wife, in which case he could have called the cops and gotten the idiot jailed for a long, long time. Jen might have divorced him, but his refusal to trust her, and her status as damaged goods would destroy the marriage anyway.

It's sad that this seems to be the new trend in "defending the marriage" these days - a bunch of mindless husbands who can't possibly use the brain and mouth they were born with, but have to commit murder. Non-sympathetic characters who don't deserve the loving wives they got in the end.

hoosier76hoosier76over 11 years ago

I thought that this was fantastic. I wouldn't have liked it as much had their plan gone through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
My thoughts

Having read some of the other comments on this I decided to do something I don't do very often. Take the husband's side in this. Knowing this story is fiction,however if it were a real story this would still be my thoughts on this, the husband was being proactive instead of reactive to start with. He had every right to protect his wife as they were going to drug her(what if they had given her to much and she o. d. ) and they were going to rape her(what if she realized what was happening and went into a mental meltdown). Well written story and had a very good plot to it.

BelgiumBelgiumover 11 years ago

A nice story. Glad it's not always about cheating wives. A man will do much to protect his family and, although most people don't get away with murder, if he gets away with it, he has to live with his guilty conscience for the rest of his life.

You did mix up the name of the new born daughter though: Victoria or Veronica?

john1946john1946over 11 years ago
nice

A very nice little story....and hopefully a forever after happy couple

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Unable to like the protagonist

Whatever the sugarcoated rationale behind it might be; still, a murder is a murder. And it's not suffice to feel just sorry for it.

northlandernorthlanderover 11 years ago
Not a Murder

DG, another great story, for the information of some readers, Marty's death was not a murder, manslaughter at most, probably causing death by criminal negligence. There was no intent to Injure or kill, an essential component of murder. It was definitely Homicide, but punishable? borderline. 5 for a good story though she would have been a more loving wife if she had come home as she went, with her parents

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Unable to like the protagonist

Felony murder is a killing that happens during the course of the commission of a felony. The murder isn’t necessarily planned out or intended, it’s just a consequence of the other offense. Even a death that is an accident will be considered felony murder by most states if it happens while a felony is being committed. For example, if someone becomes frightened and falls down a flight of stairs during a robbery, that would be felony murder in some states, even though the death was accidental and the robber did not mean to cause the death. If three people are involved in robbing a bank and one of them shoots a guard, without any preplanning with the others, then all three could be guilty of felony murder, since they willingly participated in the robbery and knew that there was a possibility that someone could get hurt during the course of the robbery.

And here 'he' might not have the intention to kill doing the sabotage of pontoon but he knew that there was a possibility that someone could get hurt during the course.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 11 years ago
So, Marty died...

... Big deal, it's not like he wasn't a scumbag completely lacking in any redemptive qualities. In those immortal words of O.J. Simpson, "people die every day". Maybe a little syrupy (Hell, the "Romance" tag was fair warning) but still a good story.

LA213LA213over 11 years ago
5 Stars!!!

This is my first time reading your stories n it's a brilliant masterpeace. Also, for anyone else who reads this story. In tha first chapter you realize Jen says she had a yeast infection like a month ago. So stop bein on tha pill. " Common Sense " it's Jeff baby. Plus. Jeff isn't responsible for what that scumbag Marty deserved. He wanted to take advantage of Jen n he was also responsible for her brother's death with Nicole... Anyways, great story. I'll check out more of them, since I'm intrigued to read more. Lol : P

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
Fuck it, sometimes murder is good. Marty was a scumbag, that he died was OK by me.

He was perfectly willing to ruin this woman's marriage just so he could get some sexual gratification. You guys pissing and moaning about murder have evidently really been is situations that have really been hard on you or your family. I have (although I have never committed murder. Arson, yes, LOL.). I would if it was called for, especially now that I am old. I would have been hesitant when I was younger but now that I don't have a long time to live (maybe ten years, maybe not) if my family was at risk I would do whatever I though necessary to keep them safe. Yes, I realize that this is just a story but a man that would dope a girl and fuck up her family life just so he could fuck "that snooty bitch" deserved what he got. His death was not intended, I guess it was just karma. Good story, as nearly always, DG.

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
give me a break

marty wanted to rape her and set her up to be gang banged. he was a scumbag that neede to be dead. best thing is he suffered a lot first.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Protecting your own!

Good story, the guy killed jeans bother with drugs supplied by him,was a rapist and drug dealer, he did not intend to kill him, but fate had him die. No loss, actually it turn out alright, nothing to feel guilty about...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

an interesting ending. Thanks for the offering.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Should have told his father in law!

I just finished reading all the comments and I am surprised that no one else has mentioned that he should have told his father in law what was worrying him, and when he found out what was planned. He was the husband, but his father in law had a history of doing what was necessary to protect his daughter. He could have edited out the bit about his wife and her friend having sex in college but left everything else in so as not to offend her dad.

As far as the asshole dying, who cares? He provided the drugs that killed her brother so it was karma that he met his death because he was going to drug and rape her. Nicole got off easy, in fact she prospered by marrying someone who was wealthy and older, she would inherit when he died after all. I see only good things in this couple's future. His business could only grow and eventually she will inherit from her parents. The only thing I would have loved to see that wasn't in the story was the husband including neighborhood ice cream trucks to his business. I think that would have been a nice touch.

xtchrxtchrabout 8 years ago
So Glad!

I was so glad that this was a true Loving wife story about a wife who really loved her husband. I was a little worried after the 1st chapter when they emphasized her 'wild child' days. Glad she changed. I have no problem with the other guy dying. He deserved it for what he planned to do to this wife. Would the husband feel better if the creep drugged, raped and gang banged his wife? You have to protect your family. Thank you for a surprising story.

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
another top notch story

of love...he did right to protect her from that pair of sleaze balls....too bad the bastard was killed but so what...he was prepared to drug then rape Jen just as her so called friend was happy to do it too.....pity she did not get caught with him after all she supplied the drugs that killed Jens brother...evil slut....and he was a hard working guy prepared to look after her and their family.....family must come first and so you do every thing to protect them no matter what....ding dong...two cornets please....

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Great end of the story

I really came to think that this relationship was going to spoil. Fortunately, it was not.

Perhaps Jeff was indirectly responsible for Marty's death, but he did so to protect his family, and Marty was the guilty instigator of Jen's brother's death.

What I know is that Nicole did not have any punishment, and she was also responsible for the brother's death, apart from being willing to have Marty drugged Jen and raped her. Nicole was a bad person and went unpunished.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
At last

At last ,a story about an action man and not a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story, but the fire was not possible!

The flash point of Gasoline is -340 degrees C. Gasoline spilled on the deck of the boat the night before even in early morning hours would have evaporated with virtually no trace within a short time. Forensics might find traces if tested, but there would not be enough to start a fire, especially from a sparking wire!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why

Why should he feel sorry for what happened to Marty.?The man was a total arsehole and deserved some pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great storyteeling!

In response to "Anonymous" who claimed the gasoline "fire was not possible," it appears s/he missed the line where, "I knew a little about boats and rigging things, because I've watched all the episodes of MacGyver" ... anyone who has knows that anything resulting will not only be improbable but most likely impossible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Marty got what he deserved for the things he had planned. I wouldn't feel guilty about what happened at all. LMAO!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Was the fire possible?

Don't know one way or the other.

What I do know is that a friend used to toss matches into an open bucket of gasoline. He knew how to do it without causing the contents of the bucket igniting...he only did it in *very* high humidity.

So, would the gas have completely evaporated? Maybe.

Would *a* spark cause it to ignite? Probably not, but a shower of sparks, quite probably.

That all being said...do you critque when someone is shot in the movies/on tv and is blown through a window? Propane/LNG tanks exploding when shot? Sound in space? Bullets sparking when hitting solid surfaces?

Why not? None of it actually happens in real life...and if you do? Why? It's all part of the fun.

As for comment about MacGyver...yeah, that's not going to work much. Yes, they tried to keep as much as he did on the (original) show based on reality, but they always kept enough out to make it difficult for someone to do the same - except the times they had it 100% wrong! (Like the episode "Countdown" in season #1...the tube would have blown the power all over, not sucked it up!)

Why should he feel sorry for Marty? Because he's human, and has empathy. Same reason most guys flinch when they see even a deserving PoS take a bag shot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent story telling. You built up the suspense very nicely. After reading this last part, I am sure that Jen has left her college days wild life behind her for good.

By the way, I think that John, Mary and Jen all need to have closure about the son/brother who died of a drug overdose. Now that the final answer about who is responsible is known, at least John needs to know. Maybe he will follow up and that would bring final answers to How? Who? Why? etc. to everyone.

5* +++++

BJ

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Considering what that asshole Marty was going to do to Jen, I would have walked up to him, slit his throat and still not felt guilty.

A little more care about names would be good, part way through, Jen became Jill.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES