All Comments on 'The Ice Queen'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
very nice

Well-written and sweet.

As a truck driver, I have only one minor nitpick: you used interstate instead of INTRAstate.

John

stlgoddessfreyastlgoddessfreyaabout 9 years ago
One of Lit's Best Storytellers

MSTarot can take any plot device that's been used in a dozen stories before and make it fresh, touching, and interesting with the voice he gives to his characters. This story was no exception. The danger of driving the ice roads and being stuck in the snow were real and the heat between the characters was built masterfully from much more than the two of them happening to be together. Great attention to detail and a wonderful, sexy, though not conventionally attractive character in Marion, the Ice Queen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
How much research do you do for your writing?

Great story. Do you know about long-haul trucking from personal experience or was this all research?

MSTarotMSTarotabout 9 years agoAuthor
Research

For this story about three hours of watching U-tube videos of drivers. How this works, how to do that. Plus a few hours searching for individual things as they become an issue.

No. I don't drive a truck nor have I ever driven one. I've also never been near the Al-Can, or Alaska. That is all researched.

If i was writing to publish this i would have gone and talked to drivers. Drivers that have made the drive up those roads. Since this was written for fun (writing is my hobby) I simply did the best I could.

Thanks for the comment.

MST

AMoveableBeastAMoveableBeastabout 9 years ago

This is well researched and really feels authentic. It's charming and deceptively simple, slippery. It breathes. Like a hot breath on a chilly day, there's heat and obfuscation in just the right balance to create the smallest puff of ice magic.

dirtyomandirtyomanabout 9 years ago
Different kinda plot

Loved it! I don't normally read 5 pagers, but I felt I had to read this one, & I'm glad I did. Thanks for a good read, of a HOT story! Wanted some of the Ice Queen myself!!lol

JKendallDaneJKendallDaneabout 9 years ago
"So we crashed the gate doin' ninety-eight...I says let them truckers roll, 10-4."

You stacked up one hell of a "Convoy" with this story and brought uncountable smiles to my face too. Like Brace, my father and both brothers drove big rigs...the oldest brother for nearly fifty years. While I didn't follow in their footsteps completely, I did manage to get enough time behind the wheel to truly appreciate the profession and look in awe at any man or woman that gets in that driver's seat and does battle with Smokey Bear and the crazy, suicidal "four-wheelers" out there.

A very impressively crafted story that blended diesel, lust, romance, and love like nothing ever found on a truck stop menu. This is just another FINE example of why your stories never fail to satisfy. Five big stars even though it deserves "double nickels" because it came at you with the "pedal to the metal" and smoke rolling out of both stacks!

"Catch ya' on the flip flop" and will look forward to your next contribution to Lit's best stories list.

chytownchytownabout 9 years ago
Good Read****

Very entertaining and good sex too. Thanks for sharing.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 8 years ago
Great story !!!

Great story buuuut your built in typo is still alive and kicking i.e. bitty instead of biddy but the story was right on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous