All Comments on 'The Ides of February'

by damppanties

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
bdsmbillbdsmbillover 20 years ago
Darkness comes early in February...

This story, while very well written, was a dark tale -- too dark for me, I'm afraid. One innocent dead, and another destroyed, while the psychotic perpetrator goes free.

DJHyrrikhayneDJHyrrikhayneabout 19 years ago
I agree...

While this particular story doesn't exactly strike my fancy, I do appreciate it as a literary work in itself.

force majeureforce majeurealmost 19 years ago
IS THERE ENTERTAINMENT IN RAPE STORIES?

As a male who has worked with the perpetrators of such acts I find these stories very disturbing. No non-consensual act is a turn-on. However, the story does get well into the mind of such a disturbed person. Jealousy does do strange things to even the most mild mannered and love is a craziness in itself, so well done for that. But is it art?

On another score - and something that makes me irritated on this site - please check your grammar more carefully. Doesn't help in the first para to have mistakes. There is detail in the description, put detail into the execution.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
shame

i've read and enjoyed your other work and just can't understand how you could write this story showing such a depraved indifference to human life. i'm apalled not only that you could present this to your readers as erotica, but also that you could ask for it to be voted a winner. shame.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
wrong category

should have been erotic horror

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
*

can't understand how you could write something this horrid. erotic? maybe, but only for the very sick in the head.

m00nvibem00nvibealmost 17 years ago
what the F is this all about?

DP, can't believe you wrote this...this could have been soooo good, too....in your prologue you gave PaulX35 way too much positive feedback...this is so uncharacteristic of your stories...i think paulie has some serious issues....he sure f***ed up this story....gave you 50 'cause the words were spelled correctly....even erotica must meet certain qualifications....just because someone can get an erection when a dog gets run over or someone is murdered DOES NOT mean that putting the event in story form makes it erotica....this is just a turd...it doesn't even qualify as a piece of s**t! when an author writes something exceptional, praise and accolades are in order, but when they turn out a piece of crap and attempt to pass it off as erotica, the author needs appropriate feedback as well. I'm thoroughly disappointed that this is even uploaded. Ultimately, it reflects on the site censors; what a bunch of useless turds!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The only way

this story could ever have worked is for the police to find that Justin has a rock hard alibi, her friends remember him at the disco. They tell Justin about him.

And a lynch party is arranged, nice and slow, mind you, no six foot drop to break his neck and no slip knot to choke him.

Then pour boiling water over his genitalia and leave him for the vultures.

Oh, and perhaps smear paint stripper on his skin to help him stay concious, thanks.

Why do I get the impression this story is not yours?

IronDragonIronDragonabout 11 years ago
Good tale...

This REALLY should have been in Erotic Horror, though. I gave it 5 Big Stars, but seriously. Way too dark for this category, IMHO.

MSTarotMSTarotover 10 years ago
Story is Key

Was looking at your list and saw it was one of your lower scored stories. Wondered why so I decided to give it a read. Glad I did.

Not everything in the world of romance is candles and chocolate hearts. There is the darkness of jealousy, the painful feeling of love unreturned, and of passion driven madness.

Is it Erotica? Some in your comments have questioned that or flat denied that this is. It is not erotic as in stimulating but it is erotica. And a very good story deserving of a higher score than the people wanting a happy ending to everything will give.

Beautifully written, poetically disturbing, and a good look into the minds of a lot of people. Good job.

MST

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Incredibly sad.

And disturbing.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 2 years ago

Second time around to take a look at a twisted tale of woe.

First, a nod and a tip of the hat to the author. The first page of this 2 page story is so opened ended (I mean this in a positive manner) it could have gone off in 5 different ways.

What happens in the second part caught this reader completely off guard. And dude personally, I love it when a writer does this stuff. But man, this story got really dark very quickly.

Jesus, who was the role model for the male character? Ted Bundy.

I read this about a year ago with the intention of coming back for seconds. There's a lot of stories here that I find hard to process in one reading. It's understanding the authors intent,

Here, in this story the author takes the reader on a train ride. Starts off nice and comfortable. Then the conductor decides to tripout everyone on board. (The reader.) A skilled writer can bring you to tears. Or twist your head space. That's what damppanties does here.

imho, this is a well crafted story. Written with the intention... by the author... to evoke involuntary emotions....not normally associated with tales of woe in the LW's category. *****

Busman19639Busman196398 months ago

A story with a lover’s death doesn’t appeal to me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous