The Interpeter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was her turn to feign indignation as she said, "I am very smart lady! I am smart enough to accept date with rich American man in mafia!" No sooner had she finished making a her playful comment, Langston saw another tear form in her eyes.

"Hey! Don't be sad. What I meant was I like you very much, Oksana. And when you care about someone, giving them things is a pleasure, not a burden."

A tear fell as she said, "But I cannot give to you any of these things back so I am very sad because I am very much liking you too, Кит."

He sat her large bags down on the sidewalk and put his hands on her arms. "If you're going to be my wife someday, then this is the way it's going to be. I don't want things from you, моя возлюбленная. I have all of the things any man could ever want. I only want your love or at least your friendship."

She wiped away her tears then put her arms around him and said, "You just called me sweetheart."

"Yes, I did. Is that okay?"

He could feel her sobbing very gently. She spoke in Russian. "Yes. It's very okay. It's just that one kind word like that is a nicer gift than all of these expensive things and believe, they are very nice. I'm grateful for all of them but your words make me happier than all these shoes and pretty clothes put together." She hugged him and said, "You make me want to wear them for you because I'm feeling...well, at least I think I'm feeling...something very much like...love for you. And that's something I've never felt for any man before. And so a part of me feels a little bit afraid."

"What part makes you feel afraid, Oksana?"

"The part where I wake up and find out this was a dream. That it isn't real. That you aren't real."

He playfully flipped her ponytail and said, "This is all very real. I am very real. And I meant everything I said. And although all I really hoped to find in your country was a best friend, I'm starting to feel the same way about you, too."

She stood up but kept her arms around his neck and said in English, "In Ukraine, is allowed to kiss girl on first date...if man is wanting to."

Langston smiled and said, "I like your country and its rules."

Oksana stood on her toes and Langston kissed her gently on the lips. It wasn't a long kiss nor was it passionate. It wasn't even romantic but it was clearly heartfelt and most definitely romantic. In a word, it was...nice.

They held one another right there in the middle of the sidewalk for several moments before finishing their shopping. By the time Langston took Oksana into the nicest spa and salon in the city, he'd spent another 2,500 Euros and Oksana decided to stop counting and complaining.

Chapter 2

Langston had asked Oksana if she trusted him yet on the cab ride. "Yes, I trust you. Completely. Why do you ask?" she wanted to know.

"Because I'd like you to let me choose your hair color and style," he said with a smile.

"Are you wanting me to look like former wife for you," she said with sadness in her voice.

Langston turned sideways and said, "No! Not at all. I told you honestly you do look like her in some ways. But my wife was a brunette and I'm not going to change your hair to a darker color. I don't want you to look like her in that way. I've just always wanted to do this for a girl. It's kind of a fantasy of mine. She trusts me enough that she sits down while I show the stylist the color and style I want. She doesn't get to look until I come to pick her up. But I promise I don't want you to look like anyone else."

Her disappointment faded so she switched to English and said, "Okay, this is maybe fun sounding. I will agree to go on such risk as this for you. But you must make promise for me."

"What promise?" Keith asked.

"The hairs cannot only not be brown. They (the word for 'hair' in Russian is plural so it's common for Russian speakers to use 'them' or 'they' instead of 'it' for hair) cannot be purple or green or pink. Not crazy color, okay?" She was smiling again and he wanted to kiss her so bad.

"If I promise, may I kiss you again?"

She pretended to be annoyed and said, "Yes, but first you must make promise. Only then is kiss."

Langston say up and said, "I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die!"

Oksana laughed and said, "English is funny language. How can twisted heart and desire of death help with promise? It makes no sense."

Langston smiled, leaned down, and said, "I'll explain it later, okay? Now, you owe me a kiss."

Oksana closed her eyes and this time Langston kissed her more passionately. He was thrilled when her tongue briefly met his. After about five seconds, he ended the kiss. As he did, Oksana whispered, "Боже мой!"

"I have one more question. You say this is like fantasy for you. Do you have other fantasies like all men are having? I think yes so you will tell me, no?"

"I do have one but that isn't something I'd share on a first date. Maybe on a second or third."

Oksana smiled again and said, "So this is proposal for second date?"

"Yes, it is," Langston told her. "And a third."

Langston wasn't a fashion or makeup expert but he knew Oksana was unusual for a Slavic girl. She didn't have the kind of very round face so many of girls from this part of the world have. Hers was heart-shaped. It was wider at the top and narrower at the chin. She had killer cheekbones and as much as she reminded him of Kim, he could also easily picture her as a fairer-skinned Halle Berry. He recalled seeing the actress with a sensational looking short, pixie cut hairstyle. But it wasn't spiked the way most pixies are. It was smoothly styled on top, short (but not extremely so like a guy's or anything) on the sides, and it was sort of swept over one side of her brow. Langston remembered seeing the pic and thinking how one of the most beautiful women on earth looked even hotter and sexier than before. That surprised him because he generally liked women with hair from around chin to maybe shoulder length. But on a face like this....

In stark contrast to the clothing store, Langston and Oksana were greeted cheerfully the moment they walked in. A middle-aged woman wearing too much makeup smiled and said, "Чем могу служить?" or "How may I help you?"

Oksana explained that she wanted to get her hair and makeup done but the lady said they were completely booked up. Langston smiled and said to the lady in his best Russian, "Девушка" which while literally translated means "girl" is the most common way a woman a man doesn't know addresses her. The older she is, the more flattering it can be depending on who says it and how it's said. She was clearly flattered as she smiled broadly at him.

Keith noticed her name was Tatyana. "Tatyana, may I ask you to do me a favor?" he said taking her aside. "This is all my fault. I haven't seen my...daughter...in many years. As you can tell from my accent, I'm an American. I don't get to see my girl very often and I'm trying to be a better father. I love her so much and I only have two days here. I want to take her to the American Embassy for a dinner tonight with the Ambassador and she has her heart set on a new hairstyle and a makeover. I told her I had an appointment but I didn't call and make one. Would you please help out a forgetful father who who wants to make a good impression on his daughter? Please?"

Oksana stood there. Her jaw was agape as she listened to Langston spin this tale of BS out of thin air.

Tatyana replied, "Normally, I couldn't fit you in under any circumstance but I have a daughter about her age, too. I know how important it is to feel beautiful for someone she loves. You are a good father, Mr...?

"Langston."

"Mr. Langston. So I will personally take care of your daughter. Let me just find out what she wants, okay?"

"Oh, no. You see, that's the special part of this. She's really trying to learn to trust me so she's letting me choose the color and style. She'll also need a makeover. So, may I show you a photo of what I'd like it to look like?"

Tatyana fidgeted a bit and said, "She isn't a child so I'll have to get her permission first."

Before I could stop her she called out, "Девушка!" Oksana instinctively responded. Tatyana said, "Your father says it's okay for him to choose the color and style for your haircut. Is that okay with you?"

Oksana smiled and narrowed her eyes as she looked at me. "My father told you that did he?" she said.

Tatyana nodded at me and said, "Yes. I think it's very brave of you to trust him like this. I'm going to make you so beautiful for your dinner at the American Embassy tonight!"

"Oh, really?" she said. "Well, in that case please tell my...father...that his daughter is looking forward to meeting the ambassador. In fact, she can hardly wait to discuss this with him."

Langston smiled, waved weakly and said, "Thank you, sweetheart. I'm so glad you can trust me like this."

Oksana gave him a look that said 'you're in SO much trouble' but said sweetly, "Why wouldn't I trust you, daddy? You're always so honest!"

Langston found the pic of Halle on his smart phone and showed it to Tatyana who said, "Oh! She is such a beautiful lady! And your daughter has the perfect face for a style just like that. Do you want to change the color or leave it as it is?"

Oksana was a sandy blonde which was okay, but Langston preferred brunettes. However, he already promised her it wouldn't be brown so he told Tatyana, "Let's lighten her color to somewhere close to a true blonde. Not quite platinum blonde, though. That's a little too white. Maybe get it somewhere between a true blonde and platinum?" She showed him a set of photos and Langston pointed to the one he wanted which was exactly what he had in mind.

"Oh! One more thing. Can she change into her dress here once she's done?" Langston inquired.

"Yes, of course. We don't want to get hair bleach or makeup on her clothes, do we? That's why we have a room for that right over there."

Langston hung Oksana's winter-white dress up in the bag it came in along with everything else that went with it on a shelf next to it.

"All of your things will be right here, okay honey?" he said to his 'daughter.'

Oksana threw her arms around him and said rather loudly, "Oh, thank you, daddy! You're such a good father. I love you so much!" Then she kissed him fully on the lips.

Langston's eyes shot wide open in horror as virtually everyone in the salon looked their way. "You are such a good daddy to me!" Oksana said as she backed away while running her hand down his chest. "I'll see you in a couple of hours—daddy. Okay?" Then she blew him another kiss.

Langston couldn't remember the last time he'd been flustered but he was indeed caught off guard. "Damn. She's good!" he thought to himself. "The kid's got game." He feebly waved goodbye. He shrugged his shoulders and gave the onlookers that "kids will be kids" kind of look and made for the exit. Oksana was clearly enjoying this. Then again, he had to admit, so was he.

In the interim, Langston had things to do. He took a cab to a couple of places he had to get to before going back to pick up Oksana. The first took less than ten minutes. He knew exactly what he wanted. He walked in, paid for it, then walked two blocks to the next place to a shop that rented tuxedos. He was a large man but an easy fit. A $500 refundable deposit (less a $100 per night rental fee) allowed him to walk out looking like he should be at the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow. People stared but with a girl like Oksana by his side, that was going to be standard fare with or without a tux so he realized he'd better get used to it.

Back in front of the boutique, he stood outside and looked in. At first, he couldn't see her. And then he spotted Oksana sitting near the back by herself. She was flipping through a magazine and didn't notice him. "Jesus fucking Christ!" Langston said to himself. "She's...gorgeous!" And she was.

Her hair was a stunningly beautiful blonde styled exactly like the photo of Halle Berry. Her dress was also unbelievably sexy. She was wearing a pair of shiny-but-nearly-nude stockings that were perfect with the dress as were the three-inch heels she'd selected to wear with it. She was wearing gold earrings and a matching gold necklace. Her pretty face was absolutely gorgeous! The makeover was first-rate and Oksana looked like she was a model waiting for a photo shoot. Langston was glad he'd changed. He would not look right in jeans next to this incredibly beautiful creature.

He opened the door and slipped inside quickly enough so that she didn't see him. He found Tatyana, thanked her, and paid her for her services. He also tipped her $50 which was by far the biggest tip she'd ever received. She literally gushed over his tux and how both he and his...daughter...had transformed from caterpillars into butterflies in two hours! She assured him Oksana not been allowed to see herself as they avoided every mirror and even covered up the one in the changing room.

Langston stepped into the area where Oksana was sitting and waited for her to look up. When she did, it didn't immediately register to her who it was. When it did a moment later, the magazine fell out of her hands which flew up to cover her mouth. Her eyes were wide open as she cried out, "Боже мой!"

She stood up and walked toward Langston. She looked him up and down and said in English, "I can't believe it is you. You are most handsome man I ever see. This is really you, Кит?"

Langston said, "Thank you and yes, it's me." He was still staring at her even as she continued staring at him. "But there's someone in this room far better looking than me. In fact, I would say she is the most beautiful woman on earth." He took her hand and said, "Come with me."

He led her to toward a full-length mirror. Before getting to it, Langston said, "Close you eyes." As she did he positioned her in front of it and said, "When I tell you to open your eyes, don't be shocked, but this is what the prettiest girl in the world looks like. Are you ready?" Oksana nodded. "Okay. Open them."

As she did, she began to tremble. She put her hands over her mouth again and for the umpteenth time that day said, "Боже мой!" She moved closer to the mirror and looked again. Langston moved behind and said, "Do you like it?" The knit dress hugged her shapely figure like a glove. It was stylish, sexy, and looked incredible on her hard, tight body. Her short hair was sexy as hell and it gave her a kind of bad-girl look he wasn't sure a girl this sweet could pull off. But pull it off she did. Holy shit she was hot!

Oksana didn't turn around. She was mesmerized by the woman she saw looking back at her. "I must try not to cry," she said.

"Are you happy, sweetheart?" Langston asked her.

She nodded her head and said, "I feel like little girl in fairy tale. I never can imagine to be so beautiful but is true." She turned around and looked at Langston. Oksana fought off tears because as moved as she was, she was not going to ruin her makeup along with the long, false lashes she was wearing. "And here is handsome prince to take Cinderella to ball." She paused, managed to smile, and said, "I know American Embassy is part of joke like 'daddy' but is very nice thought. Where will you be taking me for first date, Кит?"

She put her arms around him being careful not to get any makeup on his tux and said, "That's a surprise," he replied.

He brushed her short hair back from her eyebrow as she said, "So do you know what is happening to me?" He just looked at her and waited for her to speak. "You are making me to fall in love with you." She quickly added, "You don't have to feel same way. I just cannot help it. I am loving you."

Langston knew everyone was looking again but he didn't care. He put his hands on her hips and said, "I know we just met but I'm falling in love with you, too, Oksana."

They kissed long and passionately in spite of the gasps and the whispered comments about incest and how sick that was. When she finally came up for air Oksana said in Russian, "He's the best daddy any girl could ever have. Trust me, ladies."

Langston took her hand and led her outside where it was now getting dark and a little chilly. He helped her put on the cardigan sweater and hailed a cab. "We better hurry or we'll be late for dinner at the American Embassy." Oksana rolled her eyes and shook her head at his willingness to continue the charade. There were some very nice restaurants near there so the ruse was at least plausible.

Langston made sure to wait for one of the Mercedes-Benz taxis knowing they would be spotless thus avoid staining her beautiful, very expensive dress. Once inside, he slipped a note to the driver. Oksana said in Russian, "You're really just kidding about dinner at the embassy, right?" She looked at his tux again and said, "Or maybe you're not."

Rather than answer her he asked his own question. "Are you happy?"

The look in her eye answered his question but she spoke just the same. "I wasn't kidding about feeling like I'm in a fairytale. Maybe a fairytale that's part of a dream. This all seems so...surreal...to me. I keep asking how all of this is happening to me. Because I don't believe in God, I can't attribute it to a miracle, but that's exactly what this feels like." She looked in Langston's eyes and said, "I have never been this happy—or this in love—in my entire life. I don't ever want this feeling to end."

Moments later, the taxi stopped along the curb of the U.S. Embassy. Oksana's eyes were wide with disbelief as the driver said, "I can't take you any further. That'll be $5 in US." Langston gave him $20 and thanked him. He opened his door, got out, then turned and offered Oksana his hand.

As she stood before him, both of them were overwhelmed with emotion. She said, "It is true. You are taking me to American Embassy. This is next chapter of fairytale with Кит."

Langston took her hand and told her, "Oksana, you are so incredibly beautiful."

She thanked him and said, "Is only because of you."

"No," he told her. "These are just clothes and makeup. It's you who is so beautiful."

Just then, two U.S. Marines approached them wearing their dress blues. The walked in step, halted six paces in front of him and saluted. The senior Marine was a Staff Sergeant named Willis who said, "Good evening, Colonel Langston, sir." He nodded to Oksana and said, "Good evening, ma'am." Again addressing Colonel Langston he said, "Sir, the defense attache is expecting you. I'm to escort you and your date inside."

He indicated the direction in which we should walk and then offered his arm to Oksana. Langston told her to go ahead and let him escort her inside the compound. Langston showed his retiree ID card as the passed by the sentry stationed outside. A few inside the embassy itself he saw his old friend, Army LTC Dave Harrington.

"Dave!" Langston called out.

"Colonel! How the hell are you, sir?" Harrington said as they shook hands.

"Great! And you? You look good. For a soldier, that is." Langston missed the lively banter of being around active duty service personnel. He missed flying most of all but that was another life ago.

"And you clean up pretty well for a Jarhead!" Harrington shot back.

Harrington looked toward Oksana, bowed slightly and said in excellent Russian, "Good evening, ma'am. Colonel Langston told me you were beautiful, but I wasn't expecting a movie actress. Had I known, I'd have had the red carpet rolled out for you. I'm very pleased to meet you."

Langston could tell Oksana was enjoying all the attention but she was still confused about why they were here. He took her aside and said, "Didn't I say we'd be going to the American Embassy tonight?"

"Yes, you said but I am thinking this is joke. What is reason for being here?"

"They're having what they call the 'Fall Ball' here and I managed to get us an invitation," he explained.

1...34567...11