All Comments on 'The Invitation - A Halloween Story'

by The_Technician

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice story

Thank You I did enjoy your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice

A very nice story. Completely appropriate for Halloween. Two minor quibbles for future reference only. First, "Esquire" is a title traditionally used in reference to English gentlemen who are not otherwise titled. However, in the U.S. and Canada, it's pretty much used exclusively (and ostentatiously) in connection with attorneys. So unless your story takes place in the UK, or unless Gerald is an attorney, the use of "Esquire" was inappropriate.

The use of the title "Master" is also used in Britain to designate someone with a household staff. In the U.S, it's used as a means of addressing young boys who are not old enough to be called, "Mister." That too seems inappropriate in the context of this story.

But, as I said, minor quibbles. An otherwise nicely written piece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Not quite as grand as your other halloween story, but that would be a hard one to beat anyway. Still pretty good though, and I enjoyed it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I thought the story was quite well written and the title issue did not bother me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bravo!

A true classic!

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 7 years ago
Awwww,,

That was beautiful!! I absolutely loved it! Good luck & keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Weird, but Intriguing, story. Well worth reading.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
great tale

Fun Theme

Ignore the Esquire twadle. It added to the mystery.

It's too bad gggrampa couldn't go back for his own honeymoon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Excellent story!

5* as usual.

"Esquire" fits well, simply because the one using it is, in fact, British.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53over 2 years ago

You're probably not around anymore, but just in case you are, I want to thank you for a VERY enjoyable (and different) Story. This is one I will be rereading over and over again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe_Technician@The_Technician
I was born in the Midwest, but have traveled extensively throughout the United States and Canada. Currently I am full-time camping throughout the United States and Canada and spending my time writing for both fun and profit. Books with longer stories such as the kind posted on...