All Comments on 'The Job Pt. 07'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Karma

Was surprised by ending- a live by the sword die by the sword.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Wait for Part 8.

That will be the final Part.

bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

I think that has to be the top five story endings on this site. Excellent

harismileysharismileysover 9 years ago
There will be a Part 8

As Tim, the kind soul who has edited the story, said there will be a final Part 8 coming. It has been a fascinating story so far, so I guess the final part should top it all. looking forward to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story

Brilliant ending. I kind of hope for a part eight too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Read

Great story, I hope you can keep it going, if not, again a GREAT READ.

bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

misread Tims comment and thought this was it was the end. Part of me's glad it's not, although obviously, I liked it as an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story

Normally I wouldn't comment on minor errors and such, but it looks like you criss-crossed Susan and Sandra's names during the baby sitting negotiation scene briefly. I was a little confused when Susan was negotiating for her own care with Jayden. On the whole, though, very enjoyable story.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Sorry (and thanks), Anon. (10/1)

I quickly found four occurrences. I can't believe I missed so many! Now I understand why many authors select such varied character names.

JayDavidJayDavidover 9 years ago
Vincent/Victor

More name issues, it appears. Otherwise, good story!

OldfatanduglyOldfatanduglyover 9 years ago
Suggestion for Tim

A couple of things you might want to watch out for in the future: In this story as well as another that you edited, I've seen the word "breath" used where it should have been "breathe", and "meet" where it should have been "met". Other than that and the character name transpositions mentioned by previous commenters, the editing has been nearly flawless. Good work!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
sorry, but that cliff

is the wrong place to end this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
confused names

When Jayden and Beverley negotiate with Sandra (around the middle of pg. 1), you call her Susan for a couple of paragraphs. Otherwise, this is another wonderful chapter in a strangely wonderful story.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 8 years ago
What the last comment said

And Victor and Vincent

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
I agree

that the mixing up of characters names is very bad form. Hard to believe any proof reader would miss that.

ScreamingEagle101ScreamingEagle101almost 8 years ago
Vincent vs Victor

Think about it people. Vincent was undercover with the Cartel. He wouldn't use his own name, and the people who came to kill him would want to remind him of why they were there. Victor was probably his undercover alias.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 8 years ago
Hope Springs.

Still have hope that our two lovebirds make it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Disobedience?

"I used a credit card at Molson Tire & Auto," – So he bought tires there. They don’t even know about Marissa, let alone her connection to him.

They're giving him Vincent, and all that gets them is a quick death?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@ sbrooks103x

He disobeyed their order to kill the mother and daughter. If you check back to that point in the story you should find a comment about them being nice enough to reply back with "run" indicating his life was over and they would be coming for him too, just like he was sent to kill beverley (who also refused the hit).

The use of his credit card let them find out about marissa and so they threatened that whole family with death unless he remained to face the music when they came to collect vincent. He tried to save beverley by sending her away and lying about her being there, but she wouldn't leave so they were both fated to die.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story ,spoilt by the ending.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Was the Cartel's target Vincent or his captors? Since Jayden and Beverly got them Vincent, wasn't that enough? Was it worth losing two good hit man/woman just for some imagined "disobedience", which really didn't effect the Cartel? If the Cartel thinks of killing them, then they are brainless. I don't think they grew so big without brains. Maybe in the next part they'll let them go.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous