The Job Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I told you it would be easier to just sit down," Jayden chided, "Beverly really dislikes you and I happen to agree with her. Please get on the couch."

"Okay, okay," Vincent said weakly, straining to raise a hand in surrender. He crawled slowly to the couch with Beverly following. She prayed he would stray from the path. He lifted himself, never letting his thighs separate, hoping to protect his jewels. Once he was seated, Jayden pulled out the burner phone.

"Look at me, Vincent," Jayden instructed calmly. Vincent looked up from his pain and Jayden snapped his picture. Vincent grimaced. "You ready for this, Honey?" Jayden requested of Beverly.

"Do it, Sweetie," Beverly returned with a smile.

Jayden texted the picture and 'Vincent Thomas for Susan Thomas.' "It's done. Now we wait." Jayden smiled at Beverly.

"I'll give you a million each if you let me go," Vincent pleaded. Beverly walked up and swung as hard as she could and caught him on the cheek with a haymaker. Vincent's body followed his head to the couch cushion. He didn't rise; he just lay there and moaned.

Jayden retrieved some nautical rope from a closet and tossed it to Beverly. She tied Vincent's hands and arms behind his back. Vincent felt the circulation cease below the wrist and caught a fist in the nose when he complained. His beautiful couch now sported reddish brown stains.

Twenty minutes later, Jayden heard the phone vibrate on the coffee table. The return text contained only a phone number. Jayden sighed and dialed. Beverly nervously listened to the one-sided conversation.

"Yes," Jayden said, then smiled and gave Beverly a thumbs-up. His suddenly got serious.

"No, I don't know where she is."

"Why would I do that?"

"I'll be here."

Jayden hung up the call and looked up at Beverly, "Susan is safe, but you need to leave. They don' t know you're here." He was talking fast and didn't sound like himself.

"And you're staying?" Beverly asked, dumbfounded.

"I have to, but you don't," Jayden said, trying to shoo her out the sliding glass doors. Jayden needed Beverly safe. He was fucked and only the thought of Beverly being safe gave him any solace.

"What's going on?" Beverly asked, pushing back into the room. She wasn't leaving without Jayden. It was both of them forever - that was the deal.

"I made a mistake. I have to stay," Jayden said with pleading eyes, "please, Beverly, you have to leave. They've tracked the phone by now." Beverly pushed back hard, sending Jayden back a step.

"What the fuck are you saying?" Beverly shouted. Her eyes were welling up. Jayden stopped trying to usher her out and pulled her into his arms.

"I used a credit card at Molson Tire & Auto," Jayden said quietly. "They know about Marissa. It's me or the family. Please, Beverly, I have to know you're safe." Beverly stared at Jayden and tears flowed down her cheeks. Every dream shattered. Why did she even try to dream? Jayden grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulled her lips to his. The kiss was hard and final. "God, we would have been so good together," he said, looking into her eyes, "you have to go now! Think of Susan." Jayden tried pushing the car keys into her hand.

Beverly looked at the keys and then back at Jayden. She had nowhere she wanted to go. There was no other place where anything made sense. Her rock was in front of her. Her life was shit without him. 'Fuck it' she thought, 'it was a one-way trip to begin with.' She dropped the keys to the floor and pulled Jayden in for another, more passionate, kiss. She drove her tongue between his lips and felt him respond with his. She lost herself in his arms, wishing it was forever and knowing it was only moments.

"I need a drink," Beverly said, as she broke the kiss and headed toward the bar.

"Beverly, you have to..." Jayden started up again.

"Don't!" Beverly stated firmly and turned around. "I don't want to die angry at you. I want to have a drink with you. I want to be with you. I don't want to be anywhere else." Jayden left the keys on the floor and took her hand in his and walked to the bar. There was no point in trying to change her mind. He was just going to enjoy being with her while he could.

<<<<<>>>>>

Beverly and Jayden were three-sheets-to-the-wind by the time the Cartel members arrived. They had laughed together more in those hours than they had for the last month. Vincent tried to hobble away, but was thwarted by an empty bottle of Bowmore. Beverly had fun tying him flat on the coffee table. They used him as a foot rest until they realized it was just as uncomfortable for them as it was for Vincent.

Two foot soldiers entered first and disarmed the pair. It was fairly easy since their guns were on the dining table. They had been playing a game of shot-glass hockey across the glass tabletop, using their guns as the strikers. A well-dressed South American man entered with four more soldiers. He looked at Vincent tied on the table and then at Jayden and Beverly who were having trouble standing.

"I was told the woman wasn't going to be here," the well-dressed man stated with a rich accent.

"I lied," Jayden slurred and burst into laughter. Beverly followed suit and they ended up struggling to hold each other up.

"Had a bit to drink have we?" the man continued without a smile.

"We can drink as much as we want," Jayden slurred and smiled at Beverly.

"Won't have any hangover tomorrow." Beverly completed Jayden's thought and started laughing again. They had discussed the topic at length before. Sharing it with others had them laughing again. The man smiled and shook his head.

"This is Vincent?" the man asked, pointing to the coffee table. Vincent's eyes showed true fear. Somehow, despite his bindings, he managed to start shaking.

"The fucker...that's him," Beverly said sloppily as she pointed at Victor. Jayden tried to steady her which only exacerbated the balance issues.

"Looks like you had a hard day, Victor," the man teased, "your night will be a bit harder. As for you two," the man said, looking up at Jayden and Beverly, "it pains me to lose you over this slime. You know, Victor, they gave up their lives to save your daughter. Unfortunately, I can't have disobedience in the ranks. Unlike you, Victor, their deaths will be quick and clean." Victor lost control of his bladder. Beverly laughed. The man raised his hand to one of the foot soldiers and the soldier removed a .45 from inside his jacket and began affixing a silencer.

Jayden steadied himself and turned Beverly to face him. He placed his forehead to hers, "You're my angel. I wouldn't trade my time with you for anything." Beverly pulled his lips to hers. The soldier moved behind her head and aimed.

12