All Comments on 'The Joke'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 111 Comments
nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
Actions should have consequences...

I sure as hell would have made her well aware of how hurt and disappointed I was in her; as for trust, that is something she would have to work very hard to regain, if ever...no, I'm sorry, she got off way too easy, and what about allen, mr. slime ball?

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
PRACTICAL JOKES HAVE A WAY OF BACKFIRING

on the gagster. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A lot of nay-ayers for this one.

But I found it to be a rather sweet story. Okay, she shouldn't have done it - but he was the one who gave her the pass and, like most people would, she kept it: I'd have done the same - not whit ANY intention of using it but, just as a kind of 'sword of Damocles' hanging over him to keep him on his toes. It's a bit like an ultimate deterrent - it can be very effective at keeping things in line as long as you don't use it!

I'm still not sure about the motives for her actually cashing it in - a childhood sweetheart? Simple curiosity having never been with anyone else? Annoyance about the way former 'dates' were flirting with her husband? Even if you put them all together, I'm not sure they would have been strong enough to make her overcome her sensitivity about her appearance - and that is the weakness in the story. There really needed to be a stronger motive, I think.

If I'd written it, I think she wouldn't have actually gone that far - but would have left him wondering if she had - until a year later; then she would have explained that her pass was still valid as she gave him his - and explained the concept of 'mutually-assured-destruction'!

Newjayne (having trouble logging in at the moment - sorry!)

frasnostfrasnostover 11 years ago
Nice but...

And he does not feel upset at the times she was frumpy and denied him sex and the emotional bond it reinforces?

Some women of a certain age get to a stage where they feel the sexual assessment of a man not her husband is more valuable, more "authentic" than that of her husband. Dismissing his years of dedication to her and his opinion which should hold some significant value in her conscious mind, is a serious step, and seeking external verification is a selfish gesture. Granted, low self-esteem can affect the best of married women, but sacrificing marital bond for a quick psychological fix is a disastrous measure in the long run.

If hubby can suck up and tolerate the deficiencies of an atrophic marriage - whilst making efforts to revitalize it - surely wifey has an obligation to be an equal, selfless partner?

I'm of the inclination that only a weak-minded "bimbos" would stoop so low as to completely disregard her marriage partner's feelings; no sound-minded woman with a shred of self-respect would begin to justify such rationale by compartmentalizing something which can't be sundered.

The flip side is that hubby is willing to ignore the betrayal (borne by his own stupidity) because wifey is not a sexual prude any more and he shall get to reap the rewards, despite the foreseeable decline in a few years. However, the catalyst of her rebirth will always be an annoying thorn in the back of his mind no matter how much he fools himself. I still think he should use the hall pass on Marge or Sally instead of a bra which will end up collecting dust again...

The story is good and well-written. It was brave to tackle this theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Pretty close

Some of us break windows, some of us scream. Some of us have hot flashes some have no control.

Some of us have affairs. and ripped by guilt, terror at losing much, go far to make amends.

You men, most of you do not have a clue. No insult there, you plainly cannot. The author understands, it's very subtle. Plus obvious. the tale dips from sadness to humor.

Like I said once before, this writer is probably a woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
When

When the fantasy became reality, the story lost its luster. He became a willing cuckold, and her a cheating bitch.

MM this was well written,but the ending sucked big time.

It could have, no should have been a TLW.

Now the question we have is will he use his hall pass?

Sadly, the joke was on us, the readers.

With the last few stories you have posted, when did the initials MM change from Magmaman to Matt Monroe???

Sad, so sad, and very disappointing.

5***** for writing ability, 5***** for the plot, 0 for the ending.

3*** average; minus 1* for leading me on and letting us down.

Total score 2**

I did this as polite as I could because you are a good writer, but seemed to have lost your way.

Write a sequel with him enjoying his hall pass: "The Joke's On Her"

Please consider it...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow, oh dear.

Really? Man, it's ok. I felt the embarrassment for your character. Since he didn't have the sense to feel it himself. No, this situations is incorrect. For anyone with any self respect anyway....

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
It's a Helluva Story

Well the affair or tryst had a myriad of mitigating circumstances to temper my usual knee jerk condemnation.

1) a spouse should NEVER print any written form of pardon for potential carnal extracurricular activity unless they mean it.

2) she tempered her borderline shrew/ prude behavior after the incident partly out of guilt and partly out of self esteem boost. There were marked efforts on her part to adress the libido disparity . Big Plus ! Man it's tough to be intiamatly involved with a frigid AND attractive woman. 8th circle of hell, that.

3) The kids were gone & grown ( if they had any ) & her potential for bearing another man's kid was zilch.

I understand why he stayed with her. She kept a good house, loved him as best she could above all others. That fling was one & done. Lastly if he left her ...well then his hall loses currency or value . She has to be good to him or else. Ha !

Damm fine story which is not to be confused as a absolute blueprint for life . This appears to be a point of confusion for some previous comments.

Mostera1Mostera1over 11 years ago
Should have been better

The plot and premise was good, but as others have said, her actual cheating spoiled it.

Without rehashing the previous comments, in my opinion she got off too light. She winced when he put the hall pass in his pocket...not enough for me. I would have liked the ending better if you showed it a few months later where he hands her the hall pass, and left for 48 hours.

When he comes back, what happened? Did he or didn't he?

What is her reaction, how would she handle a cheating husband? Would she forgive and move on?

To make it really enjoyable, I would have preferred when she gave him the hall pass for her to use at the reunion she teases him and goes through the motions by being pampered enjoy having men lusting for her boosting her self esteem, make him squirm when he sees all the attention. The massage scene was perfect, and when she went with Alan... she goes back to her husband, and she gives him his due for giving her the opportunity but does not tell him what happened. Let him really squirm.

Then later instead of her telling him she cheated, she says she had dinner, and enjoyed feeling wanted and gives her hubby a kiss for giving her the opportunity, and for trusting her to do the right thing and then they make love because it is love for she did not cheat.

Sadly though, her husband loved and trusted her...and she betrayed that trust by cheating to feel like a desirable woman is a slap in the face. The joke is on him, and us for she is a cheater, and he is now a willing cuckold.

Still a well constructed story.

Thank you

M1

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
would still divorce her

no woman would seriously ask for a fucking hall pass when married if they do they dont need to be married to that man.

out the door and goodbye i dont care if i was married to her for 30 yrs.

bye bye

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 11 years ago
well done

I really enjoyed this. Much closer to reality than most stories on here. Thanks for writing.

rijubhairijubhaiover 11 years ago
Good story

The cheating was bad and I could see it coming a mile off. She was also cruel to be a frumpy prude and then relent to open her sexuality after a tryst with another man and not because of her hubby's efforts.

In the end, I don't think he's a wimp; he'd rather have her as she is now (with a blip on her reputation) than the plain Jane of old.

The story was entertaining and so I'll give it a 4!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
tough one

Well I have mixed feeling over it, the part where he tells her its just a joke and he caves in to make her happy, well that is tough, yea like most stories the cheater is selfish, can a man really feel the same way afterwards when he really did want to give in? The hall pass he got well dam will be or will he not use it. Yea she was honest but still he does not use it she has no consequences for what she wanted to try and yes maybe not divorce or love but did not lose anything. If he uses the hall pass then would there marriage change ? I guess if she lost something the story would be more believable .

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
juvenile crap

this 'hall pass' thing is probably the only american invention, ever. truly pathetic that after the old woman betrays her marriage vows, the couples' sex life improves. never could understand the logic behind such rubbish. where are the greats like DQS, Ohio, JL Remora etc. all the scum is floating to the surface...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
hysto lost interest in sex separate bedrooms then fucks someone else

just another lazy slut that doesnt want to lose her meal ticket end of story

he will never know how many men she has been fucking all along

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Effectiveness

Pretty simple. He gave her the HP in hopes it would somehow break her out of her post-hysto depression. It worked! Their life is now much better! Long term better! SIMPLE!

How many readers would NOT use a tool like this if it were guaranteed to accomplish what they wanted it to accomplish???

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
please continue this story? maybehave her tempted agan and maybe have her husband catch her.

in the arms of her old freind. Maybe have a fight and maybe a discription of the sex this time.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Pretty good story

The story almost deserves 5 stars just for your warning alone:

{This one has cheating in it, sort of. So if you will be outraged, I don't care.}

The story captured my imagination, and was interesting.

Technically, I thought the digressions were not handled very well at times. I noticed a couple of instances during the reunion sequences where the story went from the present to a digression and then back and forth again. I found that distracting.

This story sort of straddled a couple of LW subgenres. In some ways, it had elements of willing, reluctant and unwilling cuckold stories. Similarly, the resolution had elements of acceptance, revenge and reconciliation.

I was bothered that the wife would be holding onto that hall pass all that time, bringing it (concious decision) to the reunion, and using it specifically (at least initially) in the spirit of spite/anger. She knew, at the end of Day 1 of the hall pass redemtion, and certainly in the sober light of Day 2, that hubby didn't want her to use it, but she did anyway. Not very loving of the wife.

That said, the hubby stupidly made his own bed, and now had to sleep in it (albeit with his wife for the first time in 10 years, and getting a revived sex life, to boot).

While I couldn't imagine myself acting as the hubby did in this story, I don't judge stories by my agreement with the protag's actions.

I was emotionally all over the place while reading this tale, much like hubby, I suppose. While one hopes this incident leads to a better marriage, it remains very open-ended. I guess hubby reaped rewards long-term; maybe a little menage with Margaret and Sally at the next reunion might be the fitting cherry on top.

Thank you for an interesting, original and entertaining take on a LW story.

skipperrskipperrover 11 years ago
torn

While I like the fact that their marriage did improve after she "cheated", the fact that it took her stepping out with another man to do it really bothers me. So, after all those years that he suffered while trying to make her feel better, and not pressuring her because she didn't feel like having sex, his reward is that she screws someone else and makes her appreciate him? I find that hard to take, and can see her use of his joke hall pass causing him to rethink his marriage. And after she seems eager to use the pass he gave her, she "winces" when he pockets his and doesn't tear it up. The more I think about this situation, the less I like it, and the more I think it will cause some problems in their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
To "wimp". Typical internet hardman.

Who gives a fuck what you say. Not me but maybe others do. Gentlemen, if you're in the situation where you've been done wrong by, yet you haven't killed, maimed, scorched, turned your back on your children, escaped to Sweden(?) with billions of dollars earned while cleaning the service rooms in Burger King, sent emails to anyone on your contact list with photos of your ex shagging the boss, dug two graves(great story).....don't worry. You are normal.

"Do not let your self-worth be defined by bullies."

We could have a much cooler community here, people.

Thanks mgm. Love your stories. 5*

chastenchastenover 11 years ago
That one jerked the emotions around

Despite the flames (some from people who clearly did not read the story completely), I thought it was interesting in how well it made me feel anger and tension for his know/don't know situation.

I'm not saying I cared for her or her actions. Illness, hormones, hall pass, whatever...they aren't an excuse and I don't like what she did one little bit...but that isn't the point. One metric of a story isn't whether you like the characters but whether the story made you feel something. This did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Once a cheat, always a cheat!

The character in the story screwed up by giving his wife a "hall pass" and more by accepting her use of it.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 11 years ago
Well-written

A very real story. Thank you.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Well done

A story that really gets us reacting and thinking. Horrifying that she cheated but she had permission and it turned their life around though he had hoped that just the Hall Pass would have told her how much he loved her. I do think that he really erred by not telling her that it was meant as a joke as soon as she brought it up again. There are many different paths in such a complex situation... If he is happy it is fine with me but I do not write hall passes...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A good story

But reading about senior citizen sex doesn't turn me on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Glad I'm not a spineless wimp like that. I told my wife ince that if shwe ever let another guy stick his cock in her and cum in her I would kil both of them. This guys wife is nothing but a cheating slut that will fuck someone else behind his back

deadonedeadoneover 11 years ago
Not apples to apples

As anybody will tell you any fair or better looking woman can get laid any night she wants to. But a fair or better man, in particular an older man, does not stand a great chance unless he can find the aforementioned slut. So hall pass exchange is pointless.

Why does it take sex with a different man for a woman to suddenly be interested in her husband? Why does turning 50 give her the reason to have extramarital sex.

Men also go through changes around 50, and they suck!, yet if he goes and out for a sex boost he is a shit.

A hall pass is simply a way of saying "I want to be a cuckold".

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Spineless!

I suppose it takes a spineless writer to write about a spineless character. (When will we have a negative number for grading purposes?)

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
The old prostitution...............

For elder man the hall pass means prostitute or escort girl usage and to decrease the common bank accounts. Somebody wrote a story, where the husband used escort girls, until he found an soon to be retired escort girl and...............To use condom!

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not A Chance

I enjoyed the story, well thought out and moved along with catching interest - BUT...

It started in the Casino when she caught Sally grab his crotch and she immediately scowled at him and left to their room. Fifteen to twenty minutes later she is gone and the 'Hall Pass' is on the bed. She torments him with her untold conduct and the next day she tells him she has accepted a date with Allan and, when told the Pass was intended to be a joke, she got haughty and was going anyway - yes, hubby gave in.

I would have packed my bags at midnight and left the hotel leaving a note for her...

...After thirty years you should have known the Pass was humor but you took it as an opportunity to date and have sex with another man, I would never, under any circumstances, do that to you. Hope Allan was worth it and BTW, the mere fact that you held onto the Pass, had it here with you, only indicates that at some point you planned to have sex with someone other than me - NOT Acceptable!. I have never been unfaithful to you and your using an excuse to fuck an old friend was/is not only a reflection of your character, your lack of fidelity and respect for me and our marriage - it is also humiliating, of course - what did you care!...

He left his ring with the note and left for home!

I think you wrote a good story but missed the reality of these circumstances. You did come close to portraying the humility of everything for him. He was loyal and faithful for thirty years and his life would now be hell but he is young enough to start over. As you expressed his thoughts - they were inteeligent and mature and he, without a doubt, believed his wife would laugh at the pass and/or never use it...Too BAD!!!

Thanks.

xtremeddxtremeddover 11 years ago
12 comments... don't count anons. because only shit, comes from anonymous assholes

mmm,

emotional hurt ran kinda shallow on this one. wonder if she showed it more than was written? Great story and writing. I know she complains but hope that your wife enjoyed it too.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
permission/hall pass NOT IN MY LIFE TIME BUBBA

as a matter of fact a man or woman would be retarded to issue a blanket permission to adultery that's why the main idea of this story is so seriously flawed. i am in my late years and have attended many reunions SORRY 100% safe and sane not even stinky finger with Mary Jane Ziss. great writing but the subject matter just sucked

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Zed is a prime example of a real tough, Alpha Male, Internet Hard Man here

Just once I hope you get overconfident from your undefeated, untied " cuck "baiting here, slip up and try to be this way in real life. Buddy you'll be a grease spot. You're a real man ?

Write your story & show us how you became this way. A real man can do anything, right ? Give us a day in the life of zed . Ha. Not likely. Not even you are that stupid. Much safer to accuse writers with talent of being lilac sniffers then pull back the curtain and reveal the Internet troll that you are.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
Sad, More Than Anything Else

He pretty much lost his marriage & best friend...there's no "feel-good" here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Zed's an ass

Please don't pay any attention to him. He beats his wife.

magmamanmagmamanover 11 years agoAuthor
I am having..

..so much fun with the comments on this one that I wrote another chapter. One even thinks I am a woman which is sure to pi** off Debs if I am.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
A woman can be hell to live with when she thinks she isn't sexy anymore.

And all of the Prozac in the world wont help her.

I like the idea he had, and it seemed to work for him since he is getting pussy from her now.

A really nicely planned out storyline that is believable..

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Some things never change

It seem that the wife beating woman haters are up in arms. Big surprise there.

rlg99prlg99pover 11 years ago
To the Last Poster

If you think you can do any better why don't you write a story or do you just leave stupid comments?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not your best work

You're definitely a much better writer than what this sad story demonstrated.

curioussscuriousssover 11 years ago
Your stories are ...

...always original and have sometimes surprising depth.

This one is no exception.

Ignore the odd trolls and please continue to entertain those of us who enjoy your stories.

Best wishes to Deb - I think she's been really good for you. In fact I'm happy for you.

N

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
With a whimper

T.S. Elliot said that the world would not end with a bang but a whimper.This story had a god solid tale going for much of it and then the husband's lack of action at the end of the story causes this tale to end in a whimper.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
What a dumb fucker.

If she used your's, you had sure as hell better use hers, maybe to do both Sally and Margaret. Oh and get tested for STD's since it seemed that Allan would fuck anybody.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Dump the cheating whore.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
No matter how you put it Mag

He's still a wimpy cuckold

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
A JOKE IS NOT ALWAYS PRACTICAL

even on the 1st of April. TK U MLJ LV NV

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
I enjoyed the story

Good plot, well handled.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Damn

Stupid shit. Just asking for trouble. Now it is found. On to ch.2...

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
***

Some joke! Kinda backfired huh, fool? Arseluk cucked himself. Good writing, but didn't like the story. Cheers!

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Odd

she denies him sex for years, sleeps in a different room, and says she has no sex drive. Then, suddenly she repeatedly asks about getting a hall pass, and lays a guilt trip on him, and manipulates him until she gets it. Why did she want one? Unless she was lying to him all along. Then she 'gets angry', because he had sex with some woman BEFORE THEY EVEN MET! Suddenly, her sex drive magically reappears, and she goes and fucks the guy she knew from school! Now that she got her strange, how much do you bet her sex drive will magically vanish again, now that she is back to boring old hubby.

How much do you bet that if he 'cashes in', she will become irate, leave, and fuck around again. Seems she can only have sex if she is 'mad' at hubby! Maybe he should tell her she is fat and ugly, so that she will add hubby to her list!

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Why

didn't she do what any normal, honest and loving wife would have done? Why didn't she use her hall pass on her own husband? Present it, and have her husband pamper her for 48 hours? Any wife would realize that it was meant as a joke, unless she was completely self-obsessed and can only see what she wants, and can get. She CHOSE to cheat.

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Also

Someone raised a very valid question. Why did she bring the hall pass to the reunion in the first place? She PLANNED on using it, knowing she was going to be meeting her old friend. Premeditated? Was she carrying it around with her, just waiting for an opportunity? This wasn't a case of her being jealous that her husband knew other people from before they met, because she had it with her, therefore meaning she planned beforehand to use it that night, whatever the consequences. By pretending to be jealous, she merely had an excuse to offer hubby in case he became upset. Preplanned cheating without remorse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not my cup of tea

Too cucky... But hopefully he uses his hall pass - to even the scrore and she'll know better what her using her pass did to hubby. But as someone else pointed out a woman can get laid any time she wants (but not always by who she wants) but nor so for hubby. So trading hall passes doesn't really make things equal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
FUCK DA SLUT FOR GOD DAM' IN DA HELL, PUTRID WHORE

*

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
BACK FIRE AND THEN RIMFIRE

just because they started with only a rib...!!!!!!!TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 9 years ago
nothing but another lovable cuckold story

It started as a joke, she gets fuck lied about it and just like a pussy assed wimpy cuckold, it's not a deal breaker. Like I said lovable cuckold story.

FD45FD45almost 9 years ago
Okay, the good and the bad

First the bad. The really bad. The 'this almost spoiled the entire story' bad.

Your first page. You jerked us back and forth across seemingly 40 frigging years into multiple digressions which really had very little to do with the plot. How many paragraphs did you waste on M....something (pitfalls of having too many names with the same letter) having a stuffed bra? I can tell you exactly: too many. That could have been done in two paragraphs with him reminiscing about finally wedging her bra off and seeing nothing.

WHY did this distract? Because you established (or tried to establish) a story line about Hall Passes and his life of quiet desperation. And here I am trying to focus on that, and yet you keep jerking me into yesteryear with them playing voyeur slap and tickle. I know it was supposed to be a study in contrasts, but it was clumsily done and frequently overly detailed. If a bit more effort went into the transitions, it would have scanned better.

Now to the meat of the story. I don't read a lot of cuck tales. I used to and they were interesting, but lately, I am more into emotional drama. This...had a very odd tone. Depressing and desperate. Which actually fit. He was a quiet desperate man. She obviously was in a very bad place as well. They were in a deep rut and both did nothing to break out of that mold. So well done on that front. If I had to put music to this story, it would be the theme from A Clockwork Orange, the synthesized Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary.

So...I am not offended by his actions. I am not offended by her actions. These are people who seemingly care about one another, though her 'love' does not shine through until the third act. She knew she was being a thoughtless wife...and she didn't care except for a few sorrowful platitudes.

BUT...the hall pass kicked them out of the rut. The couple changed. And despite the nay sayers, it was credible and potentially possible. It was well described by the wife how she found comparisons between Allan and Hubby to entirely change her perspective. How she felt sexualized again.

THAT BEING SAID, a minor ball drop was the rushed ending. AFTER the wife fucked around, I think a bit more emphasis should have been spent describing exactly how hard the hubby was biting his tongue about the whole incident. How it came across was a 'oh well' attitude (in fact, his passivity was very off-putting)

Because lacking that emphasis, the emotional impact of HER hall pass to him comes out of nowhere. Her sense of desperation at the damage she had done to her marriage and her 'submission' to try to repair that damage came out of left field. We never really saw that, because as written Goober...I mean husband seemed pretty damned happy he was getting laid!

These are personal opinions. I enjoyed the second two pages of the story. The first...you read what I said

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Why didn't she make her friend use a condom?

Her friend was fucking the whore Sally the night before. The wife probably has a bunch of STDs or even AIDS! He should leave her before him gets them.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago

Yet another cliched cuckold tale, I never understand why authors like to write husbands like these, if he had any sense he could easily have stopped her, once she knew that he gave her the hall pass as a joke.

With a bit of communication he could probably have gotten their marriage back on track again, instead he acted like a passive little boy, rather than a man.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago

Obviously, he should go back to Reno with the pass and partake in a few opportunities himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I'd have had him react differently

When she pulled back the covers, he would have said, "No. Not interested. After all I've endured, you know I wouldn't force something on you just to make me, or probably you feel better. You knew damn well how I would feel. It's not my job to make you feel better about what you've done."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 8 years ago

"I know you like sex, and I haven't been very good to you in that department." - So why doesn't she just have sex with HIM, if she's suddenly interested in sex and knows she hasn't "been very good to [him] in that department"?

"If I gave Marie one of those, no way would she take advantage of it."- Yeah, talk about wishful thinking! What if she DOES use it? There's nothing you can say! In any case, the ONLY way I would give her a "hall pass" would be if I got one too! And I'd make sure I used it, in case she used hers and then tried to guilt me out of using mine!

And she should have put a clause that it couldn't be anyone they knew!

I CERTAINLY wouldn't give her those damn earrings until she returned that pass UNUSED!

"That wasn't my fault. Sally just did that." ..."Well, those guys did too!" - The BIG difference is that HE didn't let Sally do it, but she LET the guys do her!

I'm glad that it SEEMS to be working out,but I still think he was an idiot and I expect that things will blow up on him/them in Ch 2!

And I still don't understand if her sexual drive was returning to the point where she needed/wanted the hall pass, why not give Frank some of the sex he's been looking for and that she admits she has been neglecting?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Again, good writing but...

This is a goddamned stupid couple.

I don't respect them at all.

He is a pussy.

She turned into a stupid slut for a night and everything is better?

Bullshit! This destroys relationships like fire razes fields.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2about 8 years ago
5

to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
DIVORCE The Slut

He should of divorced her. She'll do it again once she get's him to use his,"Hall Pass".

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
...really good story line but.....

he should have kicked her ass to the curb, especially after putting up with her for the previous years... but like they say it's only a story and if the ending pisses me off as much as this one did the story must have been pretty good....Good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"Oh my God! Really?"

And you replied? That's right because you're a fucking hen pecked pussy and a groveling yes man. What gave you the impression that the whole issue was going to be so funny? She'd asked you for a hall pass and you gave her one. Your an asshole mate and you deserve all you get.

rick_ohrick_ohover 7 years ago
LOL

The joke was on the husband. He did it to himself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Divorce Her!

She pulled the wool over her husbands eyes, Hall Pass. Really! What a fool, divorce the cheating slut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Too damn funny!

His joke bit him in his ass! But I don't think she was bothered by her escapades at all. Her comment about sex just being sex says it all. I think she's been spreading it around for the last year, right under his nose. She moved back into their bedroom to cover up her cheating. Why else would she? He hasn't stopped tossing and turning. And in the end he's going to over look her cheating in return for getting her to wear a "special" bra? Sorry but that seems like the definition of a fool. He either needs to see a shrink or a divorce lawyer. Not good.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
A Wonderful Story, But....

....I had a little trouble in the beginning with the flipping back and forth in time. I think you could have handled that in a more linear way, except for the high school flashbacks at the reunion -- that part was just fine.

Far from being a joke, I interpret this story as a great exposition of a true, loving relationship between a couple of decent, honest people who really do love each other. And with serendipity being what it is, the result of the Hall Pass was everything Frank had hoped for, especially Marie coming out of her long-term funk, realizing that she was a desirable, attractive woman, who rededicated herself to being a loving mate to her husband.

I don't know why this story is rated so low -- I guess the trolls looking for a quick stroke or BTB yarn are disappointed -- but I loved it! Thanks, 5* from me.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
Most readers here are morons .. the hall pass is RED HERRING or a distraction

Like everything Magmaman writes this is just stupid poorly written and vile

the thing is far tooo many readers are caught up with the hall pass thing which is a distraction . the KEY point is that the wifes sex drives ONLY returns after she fucks another man. CONSIDER these items ... which again have NOTHING to do with the hall pass thing

1 she denies him sex for years

2 sleeps in a different room

3 says she has no sex drive.

4 . Then the wife 'gets angry', because she finds out that Hubby had sex with some woman BEFORE THEY EVEN MET! --30 + years

and the conversation is very badly done. For example when the wife says this

"Oh, no reason. I know you like sex, and I haven't been very good to you in that department." She looked over at me.

why didnt the husband say "well you can fix that right now or this evening.."

magmamanmagmamanabout 7 years agoAuthor
Hey, Harry!

I could have sworn you said you were not going to read my stories any more?

*Wish you would keep your word.

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
oh magmaman© your still alive

Shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

wimp cuck married to a ass of a wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
She Was A Cheater

If it takes another man to rekindle a wife's sexuality or libido, the marriage is nothing more than a farce. Game! Set! Match!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 6 years ago
another whore and her minion story

another of those no matter who the wife fucks its okay because I love only you.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Anon 8/20

I'm not a fan of anon comments but yeah, that was funny.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Story is ....

as dumb as a box of rocks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just a question

Why are all the cuck stories written by women or cat loving men? Don't get me wrong, I love animals especially cats but I'm no freaky wimp living with mom writing about my wife cheating on me with complete understanding. Am I the weirdo?

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 6 years ago
Not real happy with this one.

i JUST CAME ACROSS THIS OLDER STORY. MY "4" RATING WAS BASED ON THE WRITING TALENT. WELL PUT TOGETHER AND NICE FLESHING OUT OF THE CHARACTERS.

OTHER THAN THAT I DIDN'T CARE FOR IT. NO MATTER WHAT CAUSED HER DEPRESSION FOR HER TO GO TO BED WITH ANOTHER MAN, EVEN AND OLD FRIEND, IS IN MY MIND UNACCEPTABLE. ONE OTHER THING, ALAN GOT OFF TOO EASY. SORRY MM DIDN'T LIKE THIS ONE MUCH.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Husband Got EXACTLY What He Deserved

If you are going to be brain dead enough to issue a Hall Pass, they are written in pairs, one for her and one for him, unless her Hall Pass is to level the playing field following a revealed indescretion on his part. Hall Passes should be written with the precision of an experienced lawyer. Otherwise a Hall Pass, intended to endure for a short precisely indicated time may, instead, turn into a life choice of indeterminate duration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

There's 20 minutes of my life I can't get back, what a waste.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
There you go...

This is a classic example of a decent story being shot down because the readers couldn't take the drama. Frankly, I wasn't too happy with the wife's attitude. So what? The story was just starting by the end of this chapter. *****

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Not

Just not for me. I hate the idea of a hall.pass. Just another excuse for cheating.

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 5 years ago
Hall pass = cheating

After years of not even thinking about having sex with her husband she decides to screw someone else. I would tell her to pack her stuff and be gone in one hour.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
WIN - WIN - WIN

I do not get the hullabaloo of the commenters. Marie won. Frank won. Even Allan won.

Except Frank, instead of being thankful how good he has it (better than before she used the hall pass), has to introspect, self-question and wife-question (instead of keeping what he promised on the hall pass) until he's only a half winner.

Maybe not work IRL. But sure works as Literotica fiction.

Deserves a higher rating.

5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
divorce

why do a hall pass? You invite cheating. If he knew she would use it don't give it. If she uses it burn her. So she gets a free fuck and your full support (you are a wallet). You lose. You have a cheating slut to support. Loser wimp.

NonSequitourNonSequitouralmost 5 years ago
Hypocrite...

is the first big word my Dad taught me as a child. The word came from bible stories, but he explained it to me in real world terms. I have minimal tolerance for it.

Frank had ample opportunity to tell Marie the hall pass was a joke, but he eventually "forgot all about it." At the reunion, after the spa visit, he told her it was a joke when she wanted to have dinner with Allen. He relented and told her he would honor it. He accepted the blowjob the next morning. His wife got her sex drive back.

Marie had never had sex with anyone but Frank. Allen was someone she had been friends with and respected her whole life. She told Frank that as gentle and good as Allen was, it just wasn't the same as sex with someone you loved. [Doesn't that beat hell out of the standard LW cheating bitch line, "it's just sex. It didn't mean anything", that drives male readers crazy???]

After all that, Frank still worried about finding "total trust in her again". He's a goddamn hypocrite and a FOOL! He should kiss Allen's feet to thank him for really getting him his loving wife back.

Seriously, if my wife of 30 years, the last decade as a cancer survivor with little or no sex drive, got it back from a hall pass; I'd get a book of them printed up and give her a coupon every year!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Uber cuck

I quote

"{I, Frank, your loving husband grant you, Marie, my loving wife permission, upon presentation of this certificate, to do anything you wish with anyone you want to without explanation or repercussions of any kind for a period not to exceed 48 hours from the time and date of the presentation."

The hall ass was for 48 hours form the moment it was given to her, not for 48 hours at any time she decided to cash it in

only peice of shit wimps let their wives cheat on them and keep the duplicitous cunts in their lives

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just another cheating whore

Oh I wont have sex with my husband for damn near a decade but fucking people outside the marriage is perfectly reasonable

And like the last anon pointed out the hall pass was good for 48 hours from the moment it was issued, it expired years ago

But we all know who patriarchal and oppressive facts are to cheating cunts

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yep, Just Another.....

Cheating slut as-far-as I'm concerned. Using the, "Hall Pass" ploy to get to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
stupid people

she a cheater hall pass or not , she allway wanted to fuck allen even when he was fat and she said allen , was a good fuck ,so now can fuck allen without the hall pass . stupid husband

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Make things even again

Now that she wants her husband again, he should move into the 2nd bedroom and cut her off for the same length of time she did. Then go to the next reunion and fuck those two classmates. The whole "I don't want you sexually anymore, but I want a hall pass." Is bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just another cheating wife story - don't know why the husband put up with it, poor

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

fucking wimp. divorce the bitch

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

I really do think that a hall pass is the dumbest thing in the world, but there are a lot of stories about them and I'll bet that some couples have used them. Hall pass or not, she still cheated. That's a tough thing to get past.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

wimp story - wimp author - 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Unless the cuck wimp husband gets some side pussy himself,the wife will always disrespect him. Pussy is so cheap nowadays guys,that if you have any game,you should go get yourself some.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Joke Series Info