The Last Chimes of Fall

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I wasn't sure why Sandy was laughing. "Don't you mean it's like riding a bike?" she said with a chuckle.

"Oh, yeah, I guess that is what I meant," I said really feeling stupid. Then, in an attempt to redeem myself I added, "Do me a favor though, if I do fall off, will you put me back on?"

"You got it cowboy," she responded with a laugh.

Wow, this was beyond fantastic, I thought. Here I am spending the first night in my brand new home and I'm spending it with the first woman I've had feelings for in years. As we entered the house a strange calm came over me. I just knew everything would be okay.

Once inside the door Sandy and I faced each other. I took her in my arms and softly pressed my lips to hers. I felt no anxiety, no reservations. I felt only affection, a warmth I had honestly thought I would never feel again.

Those feelings became even stronger once we were in the bedroom. I unzipped the back of her dress and caressed her neck as I slipped the top of the dress off her shoulders and let it fall to her feet. I reached around her soft body and pulled her close. I could feel her passion as it invaded my own body. She turned, wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me hard. She opened her mouth and our tongues met, each teasing the other like an ancient fertility ritual. I undid the clasp of her bra and slid it down her arms. I gently felt her breasts as I knelt in front of her. I tenderly lowered my hands down the side of her hips and hooked my thumbs in each side of her silk panties. I could feel her whole body quiver as I lowered them ever so slowly.

There, only inches from my face was the trimmed mound of the woman with whom I was falling in love. I lightly slipped my hands up the back of her legs till I reached that fine little ass I admired earlier in the day. I leaned in and planted a kiss on the pussy I knew I would cherish.

Sandy's body tensed as she gave out a small sigh. I felt her hands on the back of my head and I started to explore every crease and crevice of her love center.

"Oh God, oh God," she said with a breathy voice. "It's been so long, so long. Yes, yes my love, please make love to me, please."

I picked her up in my arms and laid her on the bed. I undressed and knelt on the bed with one knee, then lowered my lips to hers. I kissed her neck as she swooned with lust. "I want you inside me baby," she whispered. "Please, I need you inside me now."

The years had been kind to both of us in that department. My cock was like a bar of steel and when I reached down to feel if Sandy was ready, I was amazed at how wet she was for me. She spread her legs and I pulled mine together positioning myself. Sandy reached down and guided my throbbing shaft into her warm velvety soft canal. She gasped in anticipation as I easily slid inside her.

It had been so long since I had experienced the intimate feelings that only comes from making love to someone you deeply care for. With each loving thrust I felt Sandy's body as it lost control to the rapture of the moment. She closed her eyes and arched her back. She twisted around in a euphoric explosion of excitement as she locked her legs around me and held me deep with-in the confines of her hot pussy. Together our intensity built into a crescendo of fiery passions, culminating in our joint screams of ecstasy and we climaxed in unison.

I collapsed my sweaty and spent body next to hers. Neither of us said a word as we allowed our breathing to return to normal. Sandy was the first to break the silence.

"Wow."

"Yeah, I'll see your wow and raise you a, 'Holy Cripe.'" She giggled. "How do you feel?" I asked.

"Ha, ha. Well, I feel scared I guess."

"Scared...still?"

"Yeah still; even more so right now," she admitted. "I hadn't realized until we made love, just how strong my feelings were for you. I'm scared I'm allowing myself to become involved too quickly. When I thought about pursuing this relationship I told myself I would go very slowly, very cautiously. Instead I allowed myself to jump in with both feet. Yeah, I'm scared."

I took a minute and thought about her words. I guess I felt somewhat the same way. I turned my head toward hers and kissed her. "My darling, my feelings for you are real and they run deep into my soul. I can't believe I am lucky enough to find love again, but now that I have, I am not about to let it go."

I was hoping for conformation of her love as well, but it did not come. She kissed me and smiled. "Let's get some rest, honey. Tomorrow we can do some shopping for your new home. Oh, did I tell you, I've decided to take you up on your offer. I'm going to help you decorate."

I told her how happy that made me. We kissed and slipped into dreamland, although mine was fraught with disappointment that the disclosure of my feelings was not returned.

The next morning, still half asleep, I reached for Sandy but came up empty. My stomach started to twist in knots thinking she had left. Just then I smelled coffee. I smiled to myself and decided I wasn't going to pout about not getting Sandy to say she loved me last night. I was just glad she was still there.

We spent all day down town shopping for things for the house. Mostly smaller items. I needed some new living room furniture as well, but that would have to wait for another day. By the time we got home we were both beat. Sandy jumped at my suggestion of ordering a pizza for dinner.

While savoring a Chicago style deep dish we continued to talk about what more we needed for the house, but as was the case all day, we also laughed and joked around with one another. I couldn't remember when I'd had more fun or enjoyed someone's company as much.

As the day came to an end, Sandy took me by the hand and walked me out to the porch. "Come on," she said. "Let's sit on the swing and watch the sunset."

As we sat and watched, the sky started to change. The dark blue of night hung like a curtain over an ever varying array of colors. As the sun dipped closer to the horizon, hues of red, orange, purple, pink, and turquoise magically stretched from one end of eternity to the other.

"When I was a little girl I used to sit with my grandma on her porch in Indiana and watch the sunsets," Sandy said. "She used to say we were watching God with his paint brush." She looked into my eyes and kissed me very tenderly. ""Ooh, look how beautiful," she said looking back to the flaming sky; "God has his paintbrush out again and I have the pleasure of watching him with the man I love."

I smiled and put me arm around her. She cuddled into me and laid her head on my shoulder. Not another word was spoken until all the colors had melted into night.

"Can you spend the night again?" I asked.

"I'm sorry honey, I can't tonight. I have to get home. I have an early appointment tomorrow and Ron is coming home later this week for summer vacation. I hope you get a chance to meet him. I know he'll have a million questions about photography for you."

"Why wouldn't I get a chance to meet him if he's going to be here all summer?"

"Well he'll be working most the summer. He has to make all he can during the summer to help pay for his room and board next year. He was lucky last year, he found two jobs. He worked in a gas station and he worked as a stock boy in a supermarket. I didn't get to see much of him, but he was able to help out with a lot of his expenses."

"When is he coming home?" I inquired.

"He'll be home sometime Wednesday night."

"Okay, let's see, so if he started work on Monday would that give you two some quality time together?"

"Oh of course, but there's no assurance that he'll find a job that quickly; it's tough out there for college kids, they all get out at the same time."

Sandy didn't know me that well yet or she would have known I was leading up to something. I had a plan. I asked, "Does Ron have a car?"

Sandy giggled a little, "Well not much of one, I'm afraid. It's on its last legs. I just hope he can keep it going for another year."

"Well if he wanted to leave the car at home he'd have a five block walk to the El," I said wondering when she was going to catch on.

"What?" she asked looking at me now. "What El, what are you talking about?"

"I'll tell you what, until he knows his way around a little he can ride with me. Tell him to be ready Monday morning at seven o'clock and I'll pick him up."

Sandy just stared at me. "Would you like to let me in on whatever is going on in that brain of yours."

"Sure, I just hired Ron to work in my studio this summer as a photographer's assistant. That way we kill two birds with the one stone. I get to meet Ron and he gets a job."

"Oh Brent! Brent you're not joking are you? You can do that, just hire him like that?"

"Of course, it's my studio, I can hire whoever I want."

"Oh my God wait till I tell him. He's going to flip. Oh honey you are my hero." We kissed and cuddled for a little longer but she had to go home. That night I was aware of my empty bed for the first time in ages. I missed her already.

Between Sandy's job and getting ready for Ron's return, Tuesday night was the only time we were able to get together. I was hoping we would spend a whole lot more time than that once things started to settle down.

Bright and early the following Monday morning I pulled up outside of Sandy's quad and knocked on the door. A sleepy looking Sandy, dressed in her robe asked me in, gave me a big kiss, then offered me a quick cup of coffee. She told me Ron was so excited he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off but he would be right down.

Excited wasn't the word. The tall, dark haired kid of twenty was grinning from ear to ear when he took my hand and almost shook it off while expressing his gratitude about a dozen times and telling me how much it meant to him.

Sandy, watching all this while taking a sip from her coffee cup, just smiled.

Ron finally let go of my hand and started toward the door anxious to start his first day. I could see the appreciation in Sandy's eyes as she tenderly kissed my lips. "Thank you again for this," she said quietly, while rubbing my arm.

It didn't take me long to realize what a wonderful job Sandy had done raising Ron. He was respectful, polite, intelligent, and appreciative. Audrey, my office manager, and Terry, the other photographer, both of whom had been with me for years, made him feel like one of the family right away.

I came by to pick up Sandy for a date that Wednesday night. She looked beautiful, as always, when she opened the door and invited me in. "Where's your cape?" she asked.

"Ah, I'm sorry, my cape?" I had no idea what she was talking about.

"Yeah, you should be wearing a red cape. According to my son, you're Superman. You also know everything there is to know about photography or for that matter, you know everything there is to know about everything," she said with smile.

"Well," I answered modestly, "there maybe one or two things I'm not really sure of."

Sandy smiled as she put both hands on each side of my cheeks and pulled my lips to meet hers. "Mwah!" She emphasized the end of the kiss. "My Superman," she said. "Let's go, I can't wait to get fucked later tonight by the man of steel."

And fuck we did, but not only that night; for the next two weeks Sandy and I worked on decorating the house, after which, we made love well into the night. If she had an early appointment the next morning she would go home afterward, otherwise she would stay over.

"What does Ron think about you spending the night here?" I asked her one morning.

"He was a little surprised at first. I very seldom dated when he was growing up so he wasn't used to me staying out, but he's a big boy now. He's a sophomore in college so I doubt he's a virgin, and he's certainly wise enough to know I'm not one."

"He's a great kid Sandy. You really did a fantastic job of raising him," I told her.

"You want to know what he said about you?"

"I already know, I'm superman," I said with a chuckle.

"When I told him you were the man I had been spending my nights with, he said he had fantasized about you being his father and he wondered if there was any chance his fantasy would come true."

"Wow," I said a little embarrassed. "I don't think I've ever been given a bigger compliment. What did you say?"

"I told him it's still too early to tell," she said as she gazed into my eyes and kissed me.

By the following week-end, with the exception of the basement, we were done with the house. Finishing the downstairs would have to wait until my condo sold. Sandy's decorating talents turned out to be much better than I had anticipated. I could see from her work she knew me better than I thought, every room reflected my personality as well as my taste.

"Honey this place is perfect," I said; "much too perfect to keep it to ourselves. I want to show it off, how about a housewarming party?"

Sandy thought it was a great idea. We'd invite some of her friends, some of my friends, and I could use the new grill in the back yard..

Later, after making some preliminary plans for the party, we both indulged in our favorite past-time. We sat in the swing on the back porch and watched the sun going down.

As we sat I thought about how the woman next to me had enriched my life in just the past few months. I remember thinking back at how irritated I was at myself for making that wrong turn and where it brought me. I couldn't help but think that some strange force in the universe was at work; that I could actually be happy again, and in the process make Sandy happy as well. I felt her lay her head on my shoulder and I wondered if she felt the same way.

The following week the invitations went out. 'No gifts necessary,' they said. 'I have everything I need. Just bring yourself, a date or significant other, and a good attitude.' Sandy and I originally intended to have a small gathering. Of course, by the time we were done we sent out almost forty invites and most of them were bringing someone. Even my oldest daughter, I later found out, was bringing a date.

The night before the party Sandy stayed overnight but had to leave Saturday morning for an open house. "It's over at three o'clock honey," she told me before she left. "I'll be back in plenty of time for the party." Sure enough, she was back by four.

I sat on the side of the bed and watched my lady get undressed. She smiled while doing a little strip tease before getting into the shower. It mattered not that I already had my shower, I quickly stripped off my clothes and joined her. I put some of her great smelling shampoo on my hands and gently massaged her scalp as I wash her hair. I lathered my hands with her body wash and lovingly caressed every inch of her soft flesh.

She started to slither her soapy body against me sending waves of passion through my soul and igniting my penis with lust. With the hot water cascading down on us, she stroked my hard cock. "Uuummmm, you know where I want this," she said closing her eyes.

I anchored my wet feet on the slip proof shower mat and hoisted Sandy onto my hips. She reached for my cock and guided it right where she wanted it. We kissed as she worked her hips up and down on my love meat. For some reason, maybe it was the eroticism of the water pouring over us, but it didn't take long for either of us to explode into a glorious climax.

We both got dressed and went into the kitchen to finish preparing the food. It's difficult to express the feelings I had at that particular time. I was getting ready to share my new home with good friends, family, and the woman I'd grown to love with all my heart. I guess overwhelmed with joy would be about as close as I could come.

At seven o'clock the doorbell rang; a half hour after that the party was in full swing. Sandy introduced me to her friends and visa-versa. My ex was there with my two daughters. Brea was introducing me to her boyfriend when I caught a glimpse of Kris. She was watching me with a little smile. After so many years, she and I could read each other's thoughts; I knew she was telling me my little girls were growing up... accept it.

As the party continued I took my age old place in front of my brand new, two decker grill. Ron, who came stag, pitched right in helping his mother and me make sure everyone was having a good time. The surprise of the night came whenever I looked around for my lovely co-host, and would find her with my ex. It seemed she and Kris were developing quite a friendship. I wasn't too sure how I felt about that. I wasn't sure why, but it did make me nervous.

It had been one of the most enjoyable evenings I could remember in many, many years. After a while I even warmed up to Brea's boyfriend, although I knew he was no match for her and was sure he would be history in no time.

Slowly the gang dwindled and sometime around one in the morning, except for Ron who was helping clean up, Sandy and I found ourselves alone.

"Honey," Sandy said to Ron who was wiping off one of the folding tables. "That stuff can wait until tomorrow. I'm going to spend the night here. Why don't you go home and get a good night's sleep."

Ron thanked us both and told us what a great time he had, then excused himself and took off.

I was putting a few of the perishables in the fridge. When I turned to say something to Sandy she was gone. Before I had a chance to look for her though she came back in the front door with a package she had been hiding in her car.

"I know we told everyone no gifts, but...well, I'm not everyone," she said with a smile as she handed me the wrapped present. I was so excited, except for the ties my daughters bought me for Christmas and my birthdays, it had been a long time since anyone bought me a present. I opened and package to find the most beautiful looking , delicate set of crystal wind chimes I'd ever seen.

"Oh honey, they're absolutely gorgeous."

"I'm glad you like them. It took me almost a month to find the right ones," she said proudly.

I went downstairs and got a hammer and nail. Together we walked out to the back porch and tried several places before agreeing on the precise spot to hang them. Sandy said it was the one place where they would catch the gentlest of winds from any direction; with-in minutes we were listening to the most beautiful music ever played by a gentle breeze.

We sat and cuddled in the swing enjoying the warm summer winds and the concert they conducted. I also had a present for Sandy. I bought it three weeks prior at a down town jewelry store. As always, I was going to plan the most romantic evening I could come up with to set the stage for my proposal, but as Sandy nestled into me even more, I realized I wasn't going to top the romance of that very moment.

I reached into my pocket and hid the ring in my hand. "Honey."

"Yes?" she softly spoke enjoying the serenity.

"I know you and I have only known one another for a short time and I realize, because we have both been hurt by former relationships, we said we would take our time and not rush things. I also know that every minute we're not together is a minute out of my life wasted and lonely. Honey I know you told Ron we have to wait, but I can't wait any longer. When you're not with me my whole body yearns for your company."

I took her left hand in mine and slipped the ring around her finger. "I never thought I would ever say this again, but I love you and want you to be my wife," I said with a tear running down my cheek.

She looked at me. She also had tears in her eyes, even more than me.

"What the hell took you so long," she blurted out with her tears now flowing freely. We put our arms around each other and spent most of the night just hugging a kissing on the swing. Somewhere around dawn we went to bed but not to sleep. We made love until neither of us could hardly move anymore. I put my arms around her as she cuddled into my chest and we finally drifted to sleep.