All Comments on 'The Last of Her Kind Ch. 04'

by writerannabelle

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
SmutolSmutolover 4 years ago
great

Aaaah the cliffhanger so painfull and fit together with the next page trap where the last page is basically empty :). They talk to each other so its great. Its what i hoped for :). I rly hope its not going to end too soon.

5/5

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 4 years ago
Great chapter!

Usually not a big fan of bug-girls, or in this case, Arachne. But Ana really shines with your writing, and I like her.

Thank you for sharing. 5* Slainté

ArcTalyxArcTalyxover 4 years ago

I can’t thank writerannabelle enough for pumping this story out so quickly. The plot twists and tension just keeps ratcheting up and keeping me hooked on this story. I will admit that I want the completed story so I can just binge to my hearts content on this tale. This story is so good, I’ll probably reread it when it is completed.

SpacialAnomalySpacialAnomalyover 4 years ago
Loving the story, but a possible inconsistency?

In the last part it said: "He had never really had his dick sucked, or not well anyway."

In this part though, we have: "He was no stranger to blowjobs,"

To me, they seem to be opposing statements?

Might have been an intentional retcon on your part of course, but thought I'd mention in case it slipped past editting.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 4 years ago
Another great chapter

I am looking forward to how you develop their relationship. Thanks

JOVA82JOVA82over 4 years ago
Those pesky spiders

Gotta clear them out before Ana finds out about them...

I really cant wait for the true reveal, and the reaction by Darren.

C.H. DarkstriderC.H. Darkstriderover 4 years ago
Nicely done!

Though I'm not a big fan of spiders and such, I'm honestly liking this story a good deal! You have a good plot, great and believable characters and of course, the ever present threat of danger! I'm also liking the fact that it can tie into your main story, which is flat out awesome! Keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really enjoying

Please keep it going, but don’t rush it !! Take your time and don’t let people push you too fast and ruin a good thing :)

msnerdmsnerdover 4 years ago
Operation Cliffhanger

...or in this case, belfrey-hanger. You do this way too well. I suspect you are reincarnated from one of the writers of Saturday afternoon cowboy serials, or some such. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice build up!

I'm enjoying the story so far! You're right about spider girls don't get enough attention. I'm just scared for these two romantics though. I hope everything turns out right for them!

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
Who is in the most danger?

Ana from the pair of hunters intent on her elimination, or Darren from Ana's spidery instincts? This is worrisome.

And where is the great page-break warrior ABierce in these times of Annabelle having no story remaining for Page 4 ? I see that this also concerns Smutol.

ABierce started this discussion some time ago when the administrators removed the ability of authors to control the position of page breaks. (There were those who thought this was trivial, but it's just another step backward for the site for those of us who see this sort of thing as important.)

Ah well,

Lue

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
This story just gets better and better!

More...please!

CoolSideofthePillowCoolSideofthePillowover 4 years ago
Loving it so far, but one small nitpick

Hey Annabelle, I am loving this story so far, in fact even more than HFHM. That being said, I do have one small comment that will help improve readability:

When Darren is having his PTSD visions and conversations with people who aren’t there, could you italicize that text? I have found a couple instances where I’ve had to reread portions because I couldn’t separate the past, present, and Darren’s phantoms.

Keep up the great work though.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 4 years ago
How to reach the spider

From what we've been shown, it doesn't really seem like he could really help her in a fight against the warrior, but perhaps he could combat the mage. The almost strange dichotomy that she's still likely stronger than him, despite the difference in muscle volume is fascinating.

Of course, now he knows a secret. He's shown himself to be patient and understanding in some respects, but his instincts are nearly as strong as hers. Like hers, they also seem to want to fight this romance- one hopes that after the reveal, and perhaps some conversation, they'll have a meeting of the minds, in addition to a meeting of... well, you know.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Lovely

Could do with one of those arachne. That venom could solve a lot of problems!

oakingoakingover 4 years ago
No, Not that!

Looking forward to a 4th page - poof, now I have to wait for the next installment. (8-)

Great story! Please don't stop writing.

EriktheAwfulEriktheAwfulover 4 years ago
Darren vs The Order

Great Halloween story Annabelle! Hope she doesn’t eat him. I want them to screw, go Rambo on these guys and run off to Bigfoot country together.

Another comment casts a little doubt about Darren’s abilities against these guys. As far as a straight up fight sure, their powers put them on top. But as a vet who spent some time around guys that went to Vietnam, no matter how badass you are, you do not wanna play hide and go fuck yourself with anyone who did a tour in the bush lol. It’s not gonna be fun.

TheDemonWhispererTheDemonWhispererover 4 years ago
I'm hooked.

I like the way you place little... things in your story. Like the bee. It's refreshing and makes the story feel real when I'm picturing it. Makes it seem like a memory.

Patiently waiting for the next chapter.

Happy writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Grammar note

I love your work. So please take this only as constructive.

Page 3 when vision Cutter is giving him shit “Do you think you're crippled little nympho would still look at you the same way if she knew what you did over there?"; your’re should be your. Easy miss. No big deal. Just for future copies.

Keep up the fantastic storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

It's impossible to count just how many authors have as good attention to detail as you do.

Please, for the love of us readers, keep up the amazing work!

TwoGunKidtgkTwoGunKidtgkover 4 years ago
Love ❤️ it

Great work!

Gremio63Gremio63over 4 years ago
Love

Good lord, you can write! I feel in love with home for horny monsters, and then this. Fantastic!!! One thought. Wouldn't it be cool if they were to show up at Mike's? I think they would fit right in, and since you've already forged a link, it would be great. Maybe somewhere around ch. 47 or 48. While I can't wait for the rest of the story, I don't want to lose these two after this story is done. Just a thought from a big fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well Done!

The quality of your writing in this series is, IMHO, much better than your other two series. Maybe that is just a function of the perception of the reader and not any change in the ability of the writer. In any event, your work is very enjoyable. Please continue to keep us so well entertained.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The character's.

Love this story! This plays out well, characters I can relate to and get invested in their well being. Can almost picture the scene of the place in my mind, coming from a small farming community in New Zealand myself, and knowing family that served in the military, during the war.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Spider-rific

Great story, great writing can't wait until it's published as a light novel ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Gosh, I know I'm late but...

Your stories have such a good nature about them, I'm hopeful for both of them. That's my comment of #4. I'll keep reading--please keep sharing your wonderful imagination!

Lenny20Lenny20over 4 years ago

At first I thought this story was just something on the side, but after reading all four chapters I really think this is something worth appreciating all on its own, not just a HFHM spin-off. The characters are just amazing!

M0R5EUSM0R5EUSover 4 years ago
Great story

Though the thought of Ana eating Darren is horrible!

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Enjoying The Ride

It's getting better with each chapter. Well done.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 4 years ago
*eyes bugging out*

Well, crap, I knew it had to change pace, and soon...

On another note, I actually went to the wiki to look up what kind of... monster? Hannah is.

She seems prescient at the least, perhaps a mind reader or pattern/future teller?

It's quite entertaining the way she does these little 'magic tricks', but you don't put any emphasis on it, just letting it run as a gag in the background, so much fun!

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Again, your integration of the experience of 'nam into this story is not only the truth, but the unforgiving truth.

*Key in Metallica*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"He had never really had his dick sucked, or not well anyway."

Then

"He was no stranger to blowjobs"

Which is it?

iseeyoufly1964iseeyoufly1964over 2 years ago

I like this story very much. I'm glad I read this one after HOHM, it makes me think what might happen...5 stars!!!

t6greent6greenover 2 years ago

Itshay going to hit the anfay!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is so lovely and really making my day. Thankyou.

Hearthfire223Hearthfire223almost 2 years ago

Aw heck.

Amazing story, on second read, I think it'd work great even without the supernatural elements, but that just elevates it to awesome territory.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Enjoying it a lot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What's with the waitress and how does she tie into the story line in the long run is the real question

SilverPlatedSilverPlatedabout 1 year ago

The pace seemed to kick up in this chapter, part of me was excited for the progress but another side was sad to lose the slow and steady character progression. I really enjoy both main characters and even a few of the side characters (the sheriff especially). Thanks again for creating this for us.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

An slow pace ant intimate chapter this one. Is it the calm before the storm?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

For me pag4 4 of chapter 4 is blank except a note from the author at the top. Is that correct?

Procurator9Procurator99 months ago

OH😯

We (the readers) know where the spiderweb comes from ...🤔😉

JodailyJodaily8 months ago

Mmmmm, naughty Annabelle, cum kisses. Love it! 😋😋

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sexual healing, my beloved

It doesn’t work all the time, but every time it does, it works 100% of the time

ClearmuseClearmuse3 months ago

Really enjoying this. I'm caught up on hfhm and d&h, finally catching up on this. Different pacing and mood but really liking it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwriterannabelle@writerannabelle
Get a free ebook from me! www.annabellehawthorne.com/signup Talk to Lily-bot at https://bit.ly/4aj1nSf Buy my books at https://wetleafpress.com or https://annabellehawthorne.com/books Chapter 115 of HFHM is scheduled w/e April 26th Chapter 116 of HFHM scheduled w/e May 11...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES