All Comments on 'The Last Snowfall'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 333 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

Very real, and life like. very depressing also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To be completely honest, I've never bought into the whole life is worth living no matter what concept. Endless suffering is just boring and pointless

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

What a dark story. Well written but one that will make you think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Depressing as hell and simply not a good read. Just not what I want to read in the LW section even with your warning.

peyskippeyskipover 1 year ago

Well written, but so sad.

katibkatibover 1 year ago

So much in so few words. Real talent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very dark…but very realistic

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I couldn't quite go 5, for subject matter I suppose. Nonetheless, a well written and touching short piece

spud65spud65over 1 year ago

.Jesus what a dark one. Sadly these situations are more true than most would like to believe. Makes me want a follow up story about the aftermath.

012Say012Sayover 1 year ago

Hope those are not your emotions.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

I don't like suicides, they hurt more than you can know. I have had 4 who have departed to soon. A+

YouamiYouamiover 1 year ago

Wow!!!! This was powerful writing and was moving. It will take me a while to decompress after reading this

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hard to read but well told. 5*

Gmann006Gmann006over 1 year ago

The end of the story is not how it ends. God does not tolerate people who ruin his creation by taking their own lives. There is life after death. Where you spend eternity is a choice you can make. God. Gives you that choice. You commit suicide and you can be certain that your eternal life which is forever will be spent in hell. I. Personally do not respect anyone who kills themselves. It's cowardly and selfish

MightyheartMightyheartover 1 year ago

5/5

Superb but please write a follow up.

Too sad

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You started with good stories and got me hooked…however last two were pretty depressing and did not make sense…

If u continue down this path…u can atleast say bye to one reader!!!

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 1 year ago

A well written, sad story. In many ways I can relate to the MC. Though I never became someone's project.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

so sad,

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I hope this isn't you. It is so dark. Very well written and too sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would be interested in reading a 2nd part from Mary's perspective, mostly for her reaction to his suicide the night of his birthday upon confirming not only her affair but that she is leaving him and never did or no longer loves him. She knew he battled depression and while that had to be hard on her, I'm sure her knowing she pushed him over the edge (assuming she's not a total narcissist) will crush her, even if only because of the knowledge that she caused another person to kill themselves. If she ever loved him, it should be even harder on her. Then there is how it affects the relationship with her affair partner knowing his part in this, the affair and stealing a married woman from her husband. Something to think about if you feel inclined.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Frighting!!!!!!! (Happy birthday n merry Christmas)

LOVe slap-hapy-papy #9

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

First this is another great story by this new and talented writer. I don't know how others think or feel about this new guy but he is rapidly moving up my list of favorite LW authors

.

As far as the main character goes -- What a Sad pathetic loser of a human being. I've had to deal with depressed people my whole life -- . Wife a brother , some friends. And the thing is every one of them is a self-centered obnoxious cunt. it's always about them.

.

Depressed people are extremely self-centered and self-obsessed with their own pain Every one of them is a 5 year old kid that psychologically is throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of the kitchen floor because nobody's paying attention to them.

.

So this guy didn't have a lot of birthdays. There are a lot of people out there who have a life much worse than his life growing up. But people would suffer from depression are so self-centered and so self-absorbed they don't realize what the world is really like and that there are people who have much worse living conditions and life histories y much more severe than what they have.

.

Of course his wife gave up on him. People that depressed suck all the energy and all the oxygen … all the life … all the hope and all the joy out of your life and their life. They nothing but vampires that suck all the goodness out of life .

.

Who the fuck wants to be married to that?

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoover 1 year ago

Not my kind of tea. Some may like it though. This is rather lukewarm, I'm afraid.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Well that was a downer. Good of you to warn readers anyway.

Bebop3Bebop3over 1 year ago

Powerful and painful. Strong writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Depressing wimp shit. Get meds and therapy weak cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Can’t grade this one. Well written but hits way to close to home

SystemShockSystemShockover 1 year ago

You sir, with possibly the most ironic nickname I've ever seen around here, are quickly making a name for yourself in the best way.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 1 year ago

Gave the last story 5* and this one a 2*. This wasn’t a flash story that could end like that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love stories like this

VinastodaVinastodaover 1 year ago

Just get over it,it's just a phase, it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem you're going to hurt those around you , I've heard them all . When that demon of doubt and confusion in your head is screaming everything else is second place. But when the medication that is supposed to suppress those thoughts does nothing but turn you into a living zombie neither feeling Joy nor sorrow. Which is crueler the thoughts that will ultimately bring complete peace or existing in a state of numbness. I leave it to you to decide which is better.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseover 1 year ago

I have tears in my eyes so much pain

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Terribly sad. Very well-written. 5 stars.

Ed

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 1 year ago

Despite the good writing, the idea of ​​a man weak, to the point of taking his own life, I don't like.

It's fiction, I know that, but it's still bad. No one has the right to influence our lives in such a negative way.

And the suicide valley is getting more and more crowded...

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

5* So sad and so effective. I think that the warning at the start was wise. Thank you for posting it.

vazkor13vazkor13over 1 year ago

Well written,but too dark for me.

DakotaTRDDakotaTRDover 1 year ago

good writing - and quite a sad story. For those that suffer from depression, this tale clearly wouldn't be a good read

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

My brother committed suicide. He made multiple attempts until he finally succeeded and while I miss him, I do not miss the drama.

I don’t miss the calls from the hospital. The police visited. The wellness checks. The agonizing if I did enough, if I said the right thing.

Once, he hung himself in a children’s playground and the only reason he didn’t die was because it was -10F and his blood thickened enough to slow his heart rate until he was discovered.

So I have no sympathy for those who decide to end it. I don’t want them to die but every failed attempt is a weight on the shoulders of those who love them.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

strong story . very sad but this really happens ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
This world is better with you in it. If you need to talk to someone, please call the National Suicide Prevention Helpline at 800-273-TALK.

I haven't read your story, but if you're going to give info like the above you might want to say what country the number is from, there are readers from all over the world on this site. There might be that one person from another country who tries to call and doesn't connect......

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 1 year ago

Sorry writer but no man or woman is worth killing yourself over., even if they betray you. There will always be someone that cares for you. I hope this story is fiction but don't even think about it.

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

Felt like this was written by someone that's been in the pit.

Very thought provoking and as usual, well written.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn bro, you didn’t have to come swinging at me. Both my parents are mid December birthdays and I am mid October.

rublicksrublicksover 1 year ago

Fuc* having lost someone to suicide and having a daughter with issues that hit hard Five stars but you know how i mean that

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Cynic that I am my thoughts at the end were ‘well Mary won’t need to worry about the divorce settlement, she can get straight on to planning her next wedding’. I feel I’m a really bad person but you have to look on the bright side, you know clouds and silver linings all that sort of thing.

Once again for an author six stories in its very well written and once again you’re walking that razors edge this time with suicide as a subject, expect the usual comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tragic -how can you put a star rating on a story this deep.

Burner70Burner70over 1 year ago

Bummer, this guy should have stayed in bed . Now others have to clean up his mess

Sad really

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

A well-written story.

The last one you did was quite funny.

But this time you made us another diverse element in your writing.

This dark one again was well-written.

But the husband was a fool.

But I do understand how he felt though.

other2other1other2other1over 1 year ago

Wow, short powerful and on point.

This guy is a train wreck and the one person in his life that bring him joy, betrays him and walks out of his life.

I love the idea of a part two, where he wakes up in hospital, his siblings and family, but no Mary. She has been pushed out by the family for her betrayal and they nurse him back to health, giving him the love that he needed when they were oblivious. Mary finds depression because she betrayed him. Her finds love (real love) and Mary slides backwards. Move forward to next Christmas and he is in love and Mary comes knocking now homeless and cold due to her betrayal. (Sorry kind of moved into story mode).

A great tale, loved it and got the creative juices flowing (thanks)

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

It wasn't the writing I disliked. It was simply that he took the cowards way out. No backbone. No self esteem. Just a weak and pathetic surrender of any form of self respect.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 1 year ago

Maudlin self-pity is never a winner.

ptolmetptolmetover 1 year ago

A sad situation. I would love to see. Follow-up showing how his actions affected the lives of those around him. This story is very well written and the imagery is sad and beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, emotional.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

That wasn't a an insult.

chick2206chick2206over 1 year ago

Omg this is beautiful but way too dark what made you write such a piece?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was once in a situation like this, was engaged and thought we would marry and spend our lives together , only to find out that she was fucking anything with a dick. Thought my world had ended. Wrote a goodbye letter. But chickened out. Now I have been married 43 years to a wonderful woman.

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

That was dark but well written.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Payback's a bitch. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is so poignant, yet powerful. It befuddles me how to rate this. I dont give this a 5 because of the suicidal aspect involved, but for your writing prowess. It also brought a tear to my eye.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Would like to see a part 2. With, if any effect it has on the whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really shouldn’t be here. Tuck it away in non-erotic or post it after the new year, but not here and not now.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

Depression ended my marriage. Fortunately I worked through it and had many happy years. Now I am 83 and content.

IamjustcuriousIamjustcuriousover 1 year ago

Beautifully written. Very convincing and very sad

CBEAR47CBEAR47over 1 year ago

I understand being a December 29th baby

HmmtwodogsHmmtwodogsover 1 year ago

An insightful story, it captures the pain and unfortunately the option that some take in these circumstances. It gives another perspective to BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Definately a downer, but very well written. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not for me this one I'm afraid .

I fully realise that there are plenty of people out there with hugely differing mental health issues . This guy came across , to me at least , as being totally absorbed in himself and his birthday !!

He managed to find a woman who wanted to be with him . I wonder how much effort he made to show his love and attention to her . She was there , a real person to love and build a life wife . He didn't have to go anywhere near his ' pit ' ever again .

As for his birthday , grow up . Its a birthday and you are not a kid . You are supposed to be an adult , and adults can have can have a very good time even on a birthday close to Christmas .

I suspect she found this relationship too much hard work , so the temptation to find some joy for herself must have been huge . Even so , I'm a firm believer in finishing one relationship before starting another .

By her actions this could only end badly if caught out .

A very difficult subject covered here in this story . Suicide , self-harming etc does not sit comfortably with me , but well written non the less .

2 * . Sorry , but thank you for allowing voting and comments .

DK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for the warning. As I’ve come to expect, your story was very well written and flowed smoothly to an ending that seemed somehow inevitable. There are relatively few cautionary tales here, so it’s useful to have the occasional reminder that a cheating spouse can truly devastate her or his partner. But enough of the dark stuff! Cheer us up before Christmas.

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

I normally hate it when the husband gets really depressed after the wife leaves him, especially when he ends up committing suicide. It's bleak and pointless, because most cheaters are so selfish, they won't really care. I just ended up feeling sorry for this guy though, who had suffered from depression for his whole life. It was only ever going to take one big negative event to push him over the edge, and the woman he loved leaving him was too much for him to handle.

-

I also normally think sequels from the cheating wife's point of view are a waste of time. However, for this story I think it might add something useful to write a second chapter from her point of view. Her husband must have been quite hard work, dealing with depression for the entire time she knew him, so I can see why she was drawn to someone with drive and ambition.

The really interesting part would be how Mary coped with knowing that her ex-husband committed suicide because of her infidelity. For someone as compassionate as she was, I doubt she'd ever get over her guilt at driving a man she used to love to kill himself.

Most affair relationships never last; the success rate is about 4%. Imagine how grim that would be, to have the affair end with her being dumped. It would be like she destroyed her ex-husband for absolutely nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know what he felt. I've felt what he's felt. However, I've not done what he did.

statestreetstatestreetover 1 year ago

Wow! That was pretty intense, especially the ending! I give it 5 *, not because I "Love It", but because of the message and the emotional strain many people deal with when they feel abandonment and extreme loneliness.

jasonnhjasonnhover 1 year ago

It was actually a pretty good story considering the topic. His wife was young and clueless. She took on the "project" of caring for a depressed person without actually understanding what it entailed. How could she? She didn't have the life experience. He didn't really blame her for being unable to carry the weight of his problems all the time.

Unfortunately for the author, it's pretty hard to say you "like" or "love" a story like this. It's subject forces it to be grim. In the "loving Wives" category, there is no way for him to get "revenge" when he is dead. It's not even clear he deserves any recompense. Anyone can be overwhelmed and his wife was, similar to the wife of an alcoholic. The readers are left with the same type of helpless feeling as the depressed character. There was no solution or resolution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unfortunately, I find this story very relatable. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He was right about maybe being a project....at first.

From the way the story was written, the main character has severe on-going depression issues which cloud his confidence. But...he clearly is even-keel when he's in a stable home environment. No, the cheating wasn't even partially his fault. Sometimes it is. Doesn't make cheating okay, it's abusive and traumatic. But he blames himself for her leaving, but the story paints a very different picture. Mary seems to be a nasty cake eater. She strung him along for a long time, even when he called her out on her many red flags. Her response was to gas light him. Not cool, and not okay. She can use all the excuses of, "not wanting to hurt him". But he was already hurting when she began to emotionally isolate him, and gaslight. That's far worse than a clean break full of respect for your partner. No, she enjoyed the emotional affair. Plain and simple. He became her fall back guy. That's not a good reason to string someone along. Is she evil? No. Just a selfish coward.

It's sad because I have severe depression too. Nobody even knows except those closest to me. It's a daily on-going issue. The scary thing is that suicide is almost never emotionally charged like people think. They are intrusive thoughts. I could be having an amazing day and the thought will pop into my head like spam: "Wouldn't it be cool/weird if you just died?" No emotion. No build-up. Just a crazy intrusive thought. So you can imagine how much worse it is when you're going through an abusive relationship like this guy is, because what she's being right now is abusive. She even gave him a hollow birthday 'surprise' that he easily saw through. Maybe not a single guest noticed, but to him it probably felt like everyone knew and pitied him. And what she did was done not out of love, but saving face in front of friends. That or pity. Both are abhorrent. Mary is not ready to have a serious relationship if this is how she handles her current one. I see a lot of disasters in her future if she can't grow up. And I'v never seen a relationship built on cheating last. Don't get me wrong, I'v seen cheaters leave someone and last up to ten years with their lover. But that seems to be the max.

Once again a great little flash story. It already has a perfect ending, but has potential to have a satisfying and long part two.

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

You have touched on so many of us who have lived with depression our entire lives. Sadly, far too many end just like this. To deny that is disingenuous and not at all helpful. Well done story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This need a pat two, plz 🙏

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well done!

wonder203wonder203over 1 year ago

Hard to say you like something that is so dark and deep. Very well written.

MsDirectorMsDirectorover 1 year ago

Hated and loved it. Thought of my little brother, born on the 14th. Never once got a party or cake that I remember. Mother was single when dad ran off. Christmas was always a strain, his birthday forgotten. I need to call him, it has been to long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

SO SAD. 5 stars for the writing. But hate the content. depression is worst for folks around Christmas and Thanksgiving. now is the time to be alert to your friends and family. being attentive could save a life

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So sad. To the point of depression. Well written, though. Damn you’re good.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, good writing but suicide is NEVER the answer. Trust me it ruins everyone left behind. Just a 1 for the ending.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Well written. Damned depressing.

Aspie007Aspie007over 1 year ago

Everything, except the adultery part strikes too close to home. Depression, thoughts of suicide, even my birthday is on 20/12

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did he die?

Part 2 please

SorchakSorchakover 1 year ago

I sort of get it, as my birthday is New Year's Eve. But my parents kept things separate from Christmas, so it didn't affect me as much as Sam. Still, when you live in northwestern Canada, specifically British Columbia, winter sucks. Having your birthday in winter sucks even more, especially when you hate winter (and winter sports).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

s\Should come with this: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

Good story, depressing as hell but good. 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good description of the hole a cheating cunt can leave, but now it's time to put a hole in her and her friend.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

My Father-in-law recently started talking about suicide. He is 89. when he got out one of his guns my MIL called the police. I stayed away expecting to hear the shot that ended him. They took him to a hospital then a mental health place then back again. During his trips, they lost his dentures, glasses, shoes, and clothes. I told my wife I have no idea how to cheer him up. When you get old you have lost all your friends. My best friends mostly died in the '80s. What was left of them hated me cuz I voted for Trump. I consider my childhood good even tho it wasn't. How can someone make it in life if their childhood is rough? The Lord told me to stop drinking. You can't argue with The Lord. My Wife takes good care of me. Praise The Lord.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your first stories were a pleasant distraction from the constant cuck, IR and fetish bullshit typically on display. The last two however are in the category of weird. If this is how you choose to continue, I'll choose not to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In LW we find truth once in a while.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...

SIMILAR Stories