The Layered World Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That hazard has been dealt with. I am not allowed to disclose the details."

Jay's big brain had some ideas about that, but knew it would be unfair to keep quizzing her about the subject.

He was still working sunscreen into her backside when the remote terminal on a nearby table began beeping and printing. It was necessary to pay attention because, as she had explained to him previously, the printed material would self-destruct in about fifteen minutes.

"It is a form of 'eyes only,' " she said.

Quickly paging through the material, all of which was basically good news, Jay realized that the focus of future plans was a noose tightening around his neck. Traveling around talking to clients was hardly a useful existence for someone of his talents.

"Put your running clothes on, we need exercise." Her eyes flicked up from the papers in her lap and took in his look.

"Yes sir."

There weren't many options in running clothes, but she did her best to look like an executive PA, and he did his best to look like her boss. After they settled into a comfortable pace, he asked, "Our group has performed well in a paramilitary adventure against the Jihadis. Going back to being just a finance and insurance enterprise is going to seem a bit boring. Give me your thoughts about our future."

After a minute, she said, "This is not fair. I have the briefest history of any of your helpers."

Her increased pace was working him hard, and he waited a minute before replying. "You of all people know the world is not fair."

Both of them were struggling. Nights in paradors and on the yacht had done nothing for their conditioning. He wanted to talk, so stopped running. She went a few yards farther and turned to see what the trouble was. He pointed to a convenient bench along the path. She frowned.

"You can't just stop, we must cool down." He nodded and headed back at a walking pace.

"You have seen more of the world than the PA's. Especially the nasty parts. What do you think of the PA performance under a hint of danger?"

"More than a hint. If Avi's underwater friends had not eliminated that mosquito boat, we might have had a bad outcome encounter. To answer your question, they did very well, especially considering the plans were so fluid."

Jay picked up the pace into a lazy jog. She continued, "I am not sure you realize it, but the combination of talents you have brought to this Jihadi effort is superlative. That is one reason why Mossad has been so helpful. They respect the incredible execution of Jennifer's ideas that has occurred."

Taking her hand, Jay pulled Lisa into a sweaty kiss and laughed, "You are good for me."

She tried to swat his head with her free hand, but found herself on his shoulders, bouncing along.

"What on earth has gotten into you?"

"At one time or another, each of the PA's and I have had a romantic moment when I asked them to marry me. I meant it, but of course the mechanics are impossible and the nature of our work makes babies a bad idea. I had that moment with you just now. Will you marry me?"

"You are very bad, doing this to me in this place and this time. Of course, I will marry you."

He allowed her to slide down and applied a tender kiss. "It's not possible with you, either, but perhaps we can share a special bond?"

"I should shoot you for wrecking my emotions." She tried to frown but couldn't do it.

"There is something else. Something related to the double agent business. If it turns out we have deceived the Jihadis, what if we returned to normal operations but reserved our services now and then for use by Anthony, your intelligence people, and even possibly the CIA?"

They were back at the villa and she led to the shower, dropping clothes randomly.

Soaped up and rubbing on him, she said, "I have two things to say. First, if my run with you has crystalized a new scheme, then I demand special loving tonight. Second, you have always been a very private man with many secrets and a mind capable of maintaining them. What you are suggesting implies a whole new level of private activities. Even very active duplicity. Do your ambitions reach to that end?"

His fingers shushed her and he said, "You will help me sort it out, won't you? The devious Arabella, the slippery Lisa, your other personalities?"

"You have run me into the ground, bad guy. All I am good for right now is fixing lunch."

Dozing in the shade on the veranda after a delicious sandwich and a chilled glass of Bellet, an obscure Provencal white discovered by Lisa, it occurred to Jay that his latest idea required further adjustment of his forces.

Perhaps, since they were already visible as his CEO's in worldwide insurance and finance businesses, the PA's should form the A team. The other members of the team, a talented but not visible group, could form the B team.

Their momentary appearances on this last trip through Spain could be suppressed. A covert echelon for Jay? It gave him a momentary thrill to contemplate.

His thoughts were broken by the arrival of the van, which was large and impressive. Even tough looking, with an audible exhaust note. He went down to give it the onceover.

Lisa, behind the wheel in sundress, sunhat, and very large dark glasses, looked out of place.

"Monsieur, votre van est arrive!" She gazed at him with a suitable pout. Stan and Mark drew up in the SUV.

"Come," he said, "climb in back and flll me in. This woman with a high opinion of her driving will provide a tour."

Stan summed it up, "For three hundred even, they will discreetly deliver it to the address we specify in Milan. They need a week to ensure everything is just right. Payment in advance."

It was a nice machine. Seven litre, four hundred horsepower engine, ten speed automatic transmission with paddles. Selectable two or four wheel drive.

No diesel noise, so he asked, "This is the gas engine?"

"Can be specified either way. We guessed you would prefer the quieter engine."

He looked at Lisa, who returned his gaze and said, "Gas."

"What about registration and plates?"

Lisa spoke first, "Anyone in this vehicle is instantly typed as rich and important. Since it will appear at sites where Manco is holding meetings that are not secret, it should be registered by Manco Enterprises in whatever EU jurisdiction offers the best deal."

Lisa was grinding up and down hills with ease. Since the van had almost all of the basic features they sought, he asked, "Seems very nice. Anything we don't like?"

"Needs adjustable external spotlight for nighttime. Fire extinguisher in engine compartment that can be remotely activated. Enough kitchen for coffee and small meals. Adjustments to seats so they can be arranged for sleeping. Stronger rooftop rack for heavy storage when needed."

He looked at his helpers with respect. "Good list. They can accomplish that?"

"Said they would need an extra week on a time and materials basis. But willing to guarantee no more than fifty thousand additional."

He smiled and gestured to his driver to return home. "Are you available for hire? At normal chauffeur rates?"

She punched his shoulder and growled. The rear seats laughed.

"How do we explain this extravagance to the head office?"

"You send the driver to London, which you need to do anyway, with the invoice."

He turned to look at a smiling Mark and Stan. "Do we get the idea that she is in charge?"

***

Near midnight, Lisa was finally winding down. At the moment, she was standing naked in the moonlight coming in through the French doors of the master bedroom. The last of her shower was being toweled off. Jay's maleness demanded a response, which he provided by kneeling at her feet with the bottle of lotion.

"You are making me unbelievably hot with those fingers."

"Recently, you were making demands about sex."

"I am totally seduced by this new idea about the future. It plays to my strengths. You are trusting me to take it to London and launch a trial balloon?"

"I am not writing a word of it down anywhere. You are a secret agent, in disguise, acting as a courier."

She fell into his arms, mashing them to the floor. After a very long kiss, she sat up and offered, "No sex tonight. I must recover my cool. I checked and put myself on the tourist flight at six, which lands at Gatwick at seven because of the time change. I can't wear anything like what I had on this morning, and I can't take any metal. Will have to settle for that very sharp plastic stiletto you like."

"You still are not alerting any Manco people?"

"No, and I am using my Portuguese passport. Will be a good test."

Chapter 43 - Closing Down Orange

Jay had breakfast with Mark and Stan, telling them it looked like the house they were in would become one of their regular safe houses and they should investigate the rooms for a security command center and the camera locations needed for surveillance.

"Better not to hire a local firm. Fewer people know we are here and possibly who we are, the better."

A second run in two days felt good. On the way back, his phone chimed and it was Hugh.

"You've caught me out on a run. You have news?"

"The package you sent has arrived. The contents were a welcome surprise. Perhaps you would like company?"

"Certainly. The weather is excellent. Please bring a check for that purchase we discussed."

***

Around ten that evening, Jay was thinking of bed when his phone chimed. A female voice, instantly recognizable as Sybil, inquired, "Is a pickup available at this hour? There are three of us at Gate 23."

Jay was already at Stan's door, telling him they had a pickup to do. To Sybil, he said, "Nice to hear your voice, we are on our way."

There were three of them, along with a very large suitcase. Fina and Hugh were standing to either side of Sybil, all three dressed as holiday seekers.

Jay jumped out for enthusiastic hugs and kisses from the women and a fierce handshake from Hugh.

In the back, Fina was squeezed between Hugh and Sybil, chattering nonstop. Jay and Stan looked at each other, smiling.

"Hush, young one, let him hear from Hugh." Sybil's voice had that wonderful edge that commanded obedience.

"Jay, the agencies are still in awe of our work. I cautioned them to keep the story confined to highest echelons. Jennifer sends her best and says there is still much work to wrap up Orange without giving ourselves away."

"She is a happy woman with a warm bedmate?"

Fina screeched, "You wouldn't believe the noisy sex! I had to leave the room."

"Did he tend to your needs?"

"Jay! What a terrible thing to say."

"What is in the luggage?"

"It is checked as bedroom furniture."

"It's really full of sex toys?"

"Oh, you are impossible!"

Hugh spoke, "A present from Anthony. One of their latest secure communications systems. Smaller and lighter than before. They made Jennifer and me memorize the access codes and burn the paper."

Just the thing for the new van, Jay thought to himself.

It was nearly midnight when they arrived at the villa, but there was too much energy for sleep, except poor Stan, who begged off and went to his room.

Jay uncorked the brandy bottle, and took some in a snifter for himself. Hugh did likewise and the women found the wine.

Clustered on the living room sofas, Hugh asked if it was safe to speak.

"Mark and Stan are working on security. I think we are private for the moment."

"Well then, things are very tense. Jennifer and the PA's are nervous about the hidden assets. They can't stay hidden forever, since Manco Enterprises needs the funds to sustain its business."

Jay looked at Sybil, "Does it work for Manco to retrench under a story of limiting exposure to acts of war?"

She looked back, "This new plan is very hazardous. Will give me more sleepless nights."

Moments later, she was in his lap. "Yes, Tricia will develop a suitable announcement. By the way, she is perfect for the job you have given her. Busy getting acquainted with her counterparts in our lines of business."

He gestured to Fina to come closer. Immediately, he had two women holding tight.

"Hugh, we should get some sleep, but tell me, how is Tim doing, and is the arrangement with Allan going to work?"

"Tim is happy, but Langley is not. There are noises that he is due for rotation. At the last meeting with Anthony, he mentioned that his wife is happy to be in London, and perhaps a suitable arrangement was possible?"

Jay took a sip of his brandy and smiled. "Anthony would have problems with his own chain of command taking on an ex-station chief of the CIA?"

"Yes. Allan thinks the ideal solution would be for Tim to retire from the agency and be appointed global head of security for Manco."

Jay's quick mind was already thinking ahead. "Would be best for his office to be somewhere other than London. Wouldn't it serve his purposes to go off radar screens for a time? What about the poor wife?"

"Allan is on this. We should let him work it." Hugh stood and smiled., "Jay, your habit of stumbling into good fortune continues."

Jay led him down a corridor to a guest bedroom, saying, "It is the stumblebums who work for me that ensure good fortune."

In the morning, a nearly naked Fina was extending a mug of fresh coffee and asking, "No attack in the night? What can the matter be?"

Sybil was tight to his side and said, "Notice her backside is not the least bit red. Needs attention."

With a screech, their comms wizard said she was going to work on the new machine and cartwheeled out of the bedroom.

Sybil snuggled with him and whispered, "That one, and my incredible daughter, are doing amazing work. Why don't we open two additional trust accounts?"

"Yes. Make it five million each for the Four. Tell me about Orange. Are we going to get out of it successfully?"

"Too early to tell. Anthony is pumping all available intelligence channels discreetly for signs the radicals have discovered who their opponent is. Nothing so far."

"Allan's idea for public destruction of our assets is not needed?"

"That is on hold. Hugh wants to talk to you about it. It's not very comfortable knowing that people who blow up airplanes might be coming down on us."

Her hand that was wrapped around his morning stiffness squeezed as she repeated, "not comfortable."

Moments later, when Fina dashed in waving a piece of paper, they were tightly joined and kissing.

"Oops, sorry." She turned to leave.

Sybil raised her voice, "Get in here with that." She raised the edge of the bed cover. Jay was taking her in missionary and smiled.

"But?"

"Hurry, before he takes you over his knee."

She eased in, trembling. Sybil's arm pulled her tight while Jay continued slow thrusts. Fina wiggled and moaned.

Sybil's seductive voice said, "Girls who do girls should experience cocks once in a while."

"Oh, this is terrible. You are as bad as Allan. He marches around the bedroom with his big erection threatening me all the time..."

"I am going to have a nice come in a little bit, and then you are next."

"Ohhhh." Fina fainted.

His PA disengaged and hopped out of bed with the piece of paper. "Get yourself in that tender flesh while she is out. I want to hear the orgasm cry all the way in the kitchen."

Jay was remembering Fina's perfect body writhing under him in Tricia's grape orchard when her eyes opened. His cock filling her twitched and she moaned. "Ohhh."

He turned them over and sat up, still joined tightly. "I will leave if you wish."

She squeezed and bounced and kissed him passionately. "Jay, please don't go. This is so nice. You must forgive the former lesbian who now likes a big cock doing her."

"Sybil expects you to come and wail. Is that going to happen?"

"My mind is too jumbled for orgasms. Am I allowed to pretend?"

"She wants to see a red handprint on your rear. Am I allowed to apply hand?"

"Yes. Scream first, then terrible swat. My mother would be so upset..."

Scarafina was a born actress. A long wailing scream filled the house, followed by a loud smack and another cry.

Minutes later, they joined the others in the kitchen, with Fina in skintight boyshorts, hand on her right rear bum. She kissed Sybil, complaining, "You set me up." Then went around the room, giving kisses to Stan and Mark and Hugh. "I am a bad girl." Everyone laughed and breakfast conversation was light.

Afterwards, Sybil produced a very large check for three hundred fifty thousand Euros, drawn on a Paris bank, and suggested the three newcomers deserved a second test drive as part of delivering the check.

Hugh decided he would rather talk with Jay, and declined. Stan and Mark left with the two women on the check delivery mission.

On the veranda, Hugh said, "This is very nice. More remote than Barcelona. Anthony thinks the Arab radicals may take their time deciding on retribution. Among other things, they must have thoughts of recovering some of the stolen funds."

"What has become of all that money?"

"Your numbers girl is such a genius. She has it spread all over creation under phony names. Slowly, it finds its way into government bearer bonds in venues where that is a normal way of doing business. After that, it is virtually untraceable. None of it touches anywhere near a Manco account."

"Anthony must be pleased."

He is, and so is the top secret level of 10 Downing. They have agreed on a series of leaks suggesting this was a coordinated effort by government intelligence agencies. Officially not to be commented on.

"It occurs to me that we are already operating in the manner which Lisa described to you."

"Great minds think alike. But Sybil is right, this raises our required performance level by a lot."

After a pause, Jay asked, "Are you in?"

Hugh sat back in his upholstered chair and smiled. "I have yet to dodge a live bullet for you, but am prepared to do so. Your people and other resources are uniquely positioned to carry out operations that are difficult for government agencies to conduct. Look at the problems the CIA has had trying to hide in the private sector."

"It is off subject, but should we hire Henry to be your number 2 and senior field operative? Completely unconnected to Manco, of course."

"Excellent idea. He performed flawlessly on the yacht."

Jay was thinking it was time for tea when Fina came rushing up the stairs to the veranda.

"Jay! It is magnificent! If I am a very good girl, may I drive it?"

He tossed her high in the air and pulled her in tight on the way down. "Young one, everything about you and your work is outstanding. I hope you don't mistake my teasing for anything except admiration."

She kissed his cheek, saying, "Oh dear, compliments like that will reduce me to mush."

Shortly, it was decided that a luncheon picnic in neighboring hills was required, and a basket was filled with essentials. Jay squeezed into the third seat of the SUV with Sybil.

She whispered a rude remark in his ear about faithless lovers abandoning their women in midcourse....

"Guilty as charged. I hope punishment is tempered."

"Why am I here in the back? There is no room for sex."

"There are formidable logistic issues facing us. You are the senior logistician and will need help with new arrangements."

"Oh that. You are right. Lisa said there are new roles for PA's?"

"Yes, of course. The useless, forgetful boss must be reformed."

"I have a question. This covert second echelon you are thinking of. There must be interaction from time to time in public ways. What business and career paths are they on? How do we allow them flexibility to follow two paths?"

"I rely on you and others to puzzle that out. Perhaps Manco could announce a new line of business?"

She poked him. "Actually, your idea requires three independent calendars. Two public and one covert."