All Comments on 'The Letter'

by Farmers_Son

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
chytownchytownover 5 years ago
Thanks***

For Sharing.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
You left a bare opening . . .

. . . for the manat the gas station to not be Monte — far more mature looking — but I doubt that anyone who follows up will take it that way.

It takes some suspension of disbelief to accept that Monte had gotten all of that accomplished so quickly, but that’s not a story killer. It requires more for Monte to never have told her about the deal his company eventually turned down, back when there was no need for secrecy, so she should have had some idea where he went.

Less plausible was Monte’s overlong description of the sex between Lori and Michelle. I’d guess that was added since this is an erotic story site, but it seemed a bit much for that kind of letter.

Certainly not a bad story, but still kind of average.

IheartgayficIheartgayficover 5 years ago
Lololol Not Bad

Honestly this is not bad but it gets a little melodramatic. I think you have a future writing telenovelas. Thanks for entertaining me, man. The eye patch with the scar down the face was a little over the top yet somehow really cinched it. Lolol

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago
WTF?

seriously, what the fuck? Was there a point to this story other than the typical "feminists are bad, lesbians are bad, women's magazines are bad" stuff?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
You Know

This was a decent tale. Sad, but a great read.

Of course, the Sunday he didn't show up from his business trip she thought he was cheating. It shows the stupidity of cheaters that she had no clue that she was caught with her lover. Shocked the shit out of her. I know the heartbroken feelings he was having when he found out and I do believe he went a little mad and had to leave the situation immediately. Yes he suffered but within five years he had a new wife and a child. As for the cheater, she thought she could talk to him and maybe beg for him to stay, but it was not to be. She gave so much to her lover and had nothing for her husband. That's the stupidity of a cheater. Ye reap what ye sow.

I would be interested in reading other author's ending but if I see one that blames the husband for her cheating I'll just call bullshit on the tale. I'm done. Good work, Author.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Garbage

Just terrible

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Monte's pov

This story already looks like Monte's pov ... some sort of basket-case fantasy. The real, inexplicably 'unfaithful', Lori, confronted with the complete disappearance of her perfect husband, would more likely be glad she escaped the coward.

She wouldn't be wallowing for the rest of her life in self-pity. That part is Monte's fantasy. He desperately needs the loving wife. Otherwise his revenge fantasy won't work.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
Del monte

Clever, reminds me of that stangstar tale about the dwapps family.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
It's a Read

I know you wanted to do the big "reveal" of her lesbian affair in the letter, but how could you describe her weekend and not mention Michelle?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just Too Uninspired and Unlikely

The letter was far too long and detailed to be credible; if he wanted to tell her all that he would have sat down and spoken to her before leaving.

Her grief was unrealistically protracted. 'Devastated wife racked with guilt' is a tedious LW fantasy. As soon as she found out that his company was not being helpful she knew that he wasn't coming back so he'd obviously found out about her affair. What was there for her to explain to him? She was a practical person with a good job, hardly the sort to get the vapors for more than a few months.

A woman like that would have had the sense to keep an eye open for his return. Annulment (you've got to be kidding) or not, he stuck her with all the assets and liabilities so a good lawyer could probably make the case that he owes her a lot of money. These days an alias just doesn't provide sufficient concealment to a determined investigator and now she knows he's back he's dead meat.

The spelling was good, which is important and not to be overlooked. The paragraphing was uninformed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More to this story please.

I thought that this story was well written and could do with more to it, please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Her husband wants a divorce

And her first thought is to question if HE is having an affair? FFS, this trope is overdone and the receptionist behaviour isn’t remotely reasonable, she acts more like a robot than a person.

And no matter how hard you tr, you can’t get a divorce notice that fast and typing out the long ass letter would take longer to write than to watch. You did it for our benefit, not theirs.

This whole story felt like a half-hearted attempt, nothing was quite in sync.

Better luck next time.

looking4itlooking4itover 5 years ago

Ugh, not finishing stories is a real pet peeve of mine. It is your story and your characters, no one will understand them and continue the story in the way you intended. Simply a cop out because you don’t know or can’t deal with how you think it should conclude.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Really?

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 5 years ago
Cheaters always win....

... the boobie prize. She got what she deserved and will live a life of misery and hopelessness - as all cheaters should.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
did not do much

It was OK, just not enjoyable. Two people got hurt deeply, what fun is there in that, sort of like pulling wings off a butterfly. No characters to like (we don't know the husband well enough to love or hate), he is obviously a bit of a coward, I tried hard to find endearing qualities in either spouse, but could not... it just wasted a few minutes. You write some great stories, this is not one of them, at least for me.

c24jc24jover 5 years ago
Here's what probably happened . . .

The petite woman said, "Wait Del." She handed Lori a card.

Well, long story short, Del was indeed Monte, his petite wife fell head over heals in love with Lori, and didn't want anything to do with Del, figuring that a guy who could totally run out and disappear on one bi-sexual wife could just as easily do it on a second. She divorced Del/Monte and due his unsteady background easily got custody of the child.

Eventually, she and Lori married. They often saw Del/Monte, and kind of enjoyed making fun of his concatenated names. He eventually married a third bisexual woman, but she ran off with another woman before they had any kids.

His petite ex was still fond of him, and Lori still loved him, so when the two asked him to move in with them, he acquiesced. Lori and his ex sometimes called themselves Del/Monte's fruits, and though the two women were the real loving couple in the household, they each spent a little time with him. Eventually Lori did have two children by him. There was something about the nature of bisexual women that D/M couldn't resist.

He once remarked to Lori how he just wished he and she could have had a loving marriage with just the two of them facing life, loving, and growing old together. She smiled sadly and told him he could have had all that, if only he'd talked with her, and hadn't run off in such a wimpy, cowardly manner. She said he was young enough to still go out and look for that kind of relationship . . . if he wanted . . . and good luck with that. He decided he was close enough to what he could've had, if he weren't such a closed-minded bitch, that maybe he really ought to stay.

Bottom line . . . Lori and D/M's ex lived very happily ever after. D/M lived with them . . . somewhat marginally happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Her surprise at why he left doesn't really make sense

Yes, this isn't first person, but it it third person limited omniscient from the POV. That means that the narrator knows all her thoughts, feelings, and actions. When it's as limited to one character like this, the line between first and third blurs.

<P>

Therefore, the idea that she had no idea of a reason why he would have left doesn't really make sense. As one other person pointed out, the idea that she would think that the problem was the HE was the one having an affair doesn't make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
loved it

a lot of nit-picking i see in the comments

"divorces don't happen that fast" like these minor points take away from the story.

if anything, this author avoided all the horrible shit tropes like, "the court mandated couples counseling" who here isn't sick of that one?

this story was GOOD. the wife was toxic, and decided to have a physical and emotional affair, using her husband's very short absence as some pathetic excuse for her behavior. she didn't give him a heads up, so why should he? she didn't have a heart to heart with him when she decided to cheat and lie about it via omission for months and months. why would he want to salvage THAT mess? he was no longer under any moral obligation towards her in any way, shape, or form.

the author also made me feel bad for her. she's after all a flawed, selfish, stupid average human being. she felt real hurt and guilt. she never got closure, like he'll never get closure. even if he talks to her, he'll never get real closure. she was falling in love with someone else, that seems to be his breaking point. her suffering is currently of her design only. his moving on was a smart and positive move. he probably thought about her affair long and hard before realizing there was nothing worth saving. and if she and the readers think about it, they'd agree too.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
Another good story from you

An interesting take on this type of situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So she couldn't talk to her husband?

Maybe she really was a lesbian. Which means she won. She got the house, most of the money and could have had her lover to boot. I don't feel much sympathy for her husband when all he did was tuck his tail between his legs and run away. Of course his wife could have really TALKED to her husband about her needs. So neither of them had decent communication skills. In the end she could have and probably will have anything she wants. All she has to do is stop feeling sorry for herself, decide whether or not she's a lesbian and start looking for a new partner. The ending was a joke. She wasn't alone. She just wasn't working at finding a new lover. Badly thought out drivel.

1 star

timrivtimrivover 5 years ago

Story makes literally no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Del Monte?

The story was lame, the character name wise. Five rotten tomato sauces.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Job

Now I really wish you would write Monte's story.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 5 years ago
Piece of crap.

This story may be the worst story ever posted on this site.

Horribly written. Poorly constructed. Stiff. Nothing believable. Unfinished ending. Annulments that don’t exist. A receptionist who would never act that way. A MIL that forgets who she is.

When do you leave the first grade for the second grade? I have read better stuff by first graders.

Horrible. Just absolutely horrible.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
Goodbye Monte

She needs to realise how lucky she is. Who writes letters and then runs away instead of talking about the issue?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks

I enjoyed it. 5*****

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
Good story.

We have here a lot of comments

with sympathy for the cheater.

What is that about?!

If your morals are that dark,

why do you read stories from writers

who have normal morals?

What I see here, is a slut that has

physically and emotionally

abandoned her marriage.

She found no reason to discuss

that with her husband.

Why would he want to talk to her?

Does she deserve more respect

than she showed him?!

I also see this as a story in three parts.

The wife's POV, the letter and epilog.

Personally I see no need for the epilog.

It changed my view of the story

in a negative way.

The wife's POV is a realistic description

of a selfish mind.

No thoughts of her actions, until she is

forced to face them.

Only thoughts on why things aren't

going the "normal" way. The way

she wants them to go.

Well done there, writer!

The letter, as I see it, can be interpreted

in two ways.

The thoughts of a submissive mind,

excepting what he thinks are the wife's

wishes and moving out of her way.

The other possibility is a stronger mind,

that sees no reason to continue a farse,

but doesn't want to say goodbye

in a hurtful way.

I like the second possibility, but the epilog

supports the first one.

I like this story.

I see the hurt of the victim both in the letter

and in the thoughts of the cheater.

And delight in the self inflicted hurt

of the slut.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
it's funny

Saying p in v sex is violence against women is the same level of bullshit as saying 👌 is a white power symbol or 🍕 is a secret pedophile symbol. Shit's flippin' hilarious that people take it seriously.

njlaurennjlaurenover 5 years ago
Monte

Couple of possible things that happened to him;

1) he got into a heated argument with an anon poster, the anon turned out to be a cross between HarryVA and a psychotic biker who stalked him and carved him up

2)he decided to get revenge on Michelle and instead ran into her diesel dyke daddy who used a chainsaw on him

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 5 years ago
GOOD STORY

I gave you full scores.

Re:c24j darn fellows, you write a good finish, why don't you flesh it out and submit?

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 5 years ago
Not that Great

I'm going to give this 2 stars. First off, the marriage couldn't just be annulled with the wife only getting a notification at the end. It just isn't how the system works. Yes, the husband could be given a new life, but then Monte would be a missing persons not annulled marriage. In fact, she could probably then sue the company hiring her husband in order to get the story from them and probably some money. Monte was a horrible character. The concept that Lori wouldn't visit her in-laws trying to track Monte down, especially after seeing him, that makes it even worse. Now she knows his new name, knows his parents and where they live, and knows he has a family that is illegal because he is still married to her(Sorry again, can't get annulled just by notification at the end of the rainbow). That would pose problems for any agency connected to the annulment, and new life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The Letter

Monte got beat up while on assignment and suffered traumatic brain damage. Left to die, he never recovered his memories of Lori.

Lori never dated, but did renew her commitment with Michelle.

Monte suffered an accident that took his new wife and restored his memory. He returned, renewed with Lori and embraced Michelle in the bargain.

maninconnmaninconnover 5 years ago
I like the basic plot,

But felt you rushed to an ending. I’d like to see another ending, but from you!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 5 years ago
This was a good story farmer son

I see Cuckold wannabes are out in force .I love the ones making a comment about he wrote a letter and ran away. They are more concerned about him leaving instead of him arguing or trying to split it 50-50 but I’m grateful slut who could not stay faithful to her husband. Get over yourself dumb asses, not every man wants to fight for the slut and not every bitch is worth fighting for .

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yeah, I could do without the letter

Ugh.

The letter's just too icky.

Spare us the porn show,

"I know about Michelle. Goodbye." would have sufficed.

networkgurunetworkguruover 5 years ago
GTFOH

This was lame and unbelievable . He's a coward and a runner and i have no sympathy for people like that.

Impo_64Impo_64over 5 years ago
A good story...

A good story with some issues, as the characters flaws...For me it doesn't need a part 2 with what happened to him...We know more than enough about him...But a good read...3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Uh...no

The letter was a joke. First off it was completely cowardly. What type of a loser wimp does this? Secondly, there is no way anyone mad enough to write this type of letter would go into the detail he did of the two women's lovemaking. There is really nothing erotic about this story in the least and I doubt it would even satisfy the BTB crowd as all he did was leave her to her life. In real life she probably would have move in with Michelle and lived a very happy life. Sorry 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Story

Monte’s wife screwed up her marriage, Monte obviously didn’t want that type of life so he left. Whether or not Del was Monte he suffered some significant trauma (eye patch, scar). If Del was Monte then Monte found happiness. Who the hell cares then that he didn’t BTB on his ex.

shaman43shaman43over 5 years ago
What is the greatest betrayal

Decent writing but this one left me with some anger and other emotions. I am disgusted at those who cheat and that can occur in various ways. It all depends on what the spouses agree is the boundaries and limits of behavior with others. But, just to run out and leave like he did is despicable and cowardly. He doesn't deserve happiness either.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
So I think it's a five, and you're getting unfair scores. Then I read some of your misanthropic rape porn RAAC crap, and realized it's just scoring kharma coming to roost

You are the beyond-cuck king of RAAC, but thanks for the good ones you have done.

That 11 parter with RAAC after she had him raped? Really dawg!? What a waste of talent! You are one of the good writers, find better plots.

c24jc24jover 5 years ago
@thecarolinadreamer - I'll try after I retire maybe

I often get 'flash ending ideas after reading a story. Sometimes they make me laugh, other times more serious, and sometimes based upon some experience. They don't always stick with me though, except for some rare cases ('Words' and a few others where I really see a different continuation then others might have provided.). A little of it is fear too, but thanks for the encouragement . . . maybe I'll give it a real shot soon.

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
When Life Give You Lemons You Should Make Lemonade

If I found out my wife or live-in girlfriend was having an affair with another woman, without my knowledge, I'd be damned pissed. Damned pissed that she was keeping it to herself and not sharing. That selfish cunt!

God, this protaganist is such a panzy. First, he is trying to be what he thinks women's magazines say he should be like as opposed to be himself. Yes, always good to pick up pointers to improve yourself, but don't fucking take another persona. Then he thinks of himself as a clumsy lover, but apparently didn't take steps to improve himself. His wife had to ask him out and seems to have led the whole relationship. She was craving a leader so badly she had to get it from the fucking woman next door. Then when he is hurt instead of confronting his wife he sends her a fucking letter and escapes from the country. And the worst example of being a panzy he finds out his wife might be bisexual and instead of saying thank fucking god and thinking how can I get this to my advantage, especially now that he can pretend he's so pissed at her for the affair to have a triad relationship or his wife bringing a string of other women home, he runs away like a little bitch.

I swear to god some people have no clue how to be successful in life. They get opportunities given to them over and over again and they either cannot see what an opportunity it is or they are too scared to run with it.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Different

A little different cheating wife story, but pretty good in the end. Monte got away to a better.life, and.left the cheating wife alone. Literally.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 5 years ago
So tired of the runaway man themed

There is nothing strong or manly about a guy who runs away from his problems, disappears without communicating or allowing any way to reach him. It is passive aggressive behavior, and is a weak and cowardly way to deal with issues. People who employ it are best avoided. She should count herself lucky she never had kids with this wuss.

Rutty

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
Not impressed

Annulled? Unlikely, they had been married a number of years and had had a successful relationship until the last 6 months and just notifying agencies that it has happened doesn't make it so. My guess he had the annulment done in the, I'm guessing, South American country, like weddings overseas, a native country is under no obligation to recognise the act and with no formal paper trail, would not. He would have difficulty getting a divorce recognised unless she were present in the same country during the process. On that basis, if that was Monte at the pump, she could have him arrested for bigamy and the way he treated her, he would deserve it.

I'm not sure how this was meant to be read, but he was a complete dick, not even having the spine to talk to her, far better to run away from your problems than face them head on. He obviously thought Lori had committed something unreconcilable and either would have been granted a divorce on no-fault or adultery, so why be a pussy? Lori may have loved him, but obviously needed a more masculine presence in her life, hence going with Michelle.

Jack99Jack99over 5 years ago
Witness protection

Obviously Monte has gone into witness protection, had his name changed and annulment handled by the authorities.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I don't agree with his choice...

...but I understand it. More importantly, you told the story very well. It was tight, compelling, and ran to the core of the grief. Very good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Annulments

Kit doubted that an annulment can happened after six years marriage. Yes, it can happen. My co-worker get an annulment after 35 years and six kids. It all depends on how well you are connected.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
So

she took up a platonic relationship with the woman she lost her marriage over? Bullshit. You really are a dumbass and your men are pretty much pussies.

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
GOOD BYE FROM MONTE-ZUMA

is not the revenge type it is what it is, TK U MLJ LV NV

RanDog025RanDog025almost 5 years ago
A SOLID 5 STARS

ACTUALLY, THE PHRASE "PRIDE GOETH BEFORE THE FALL" IS A TAKEN FROM PROVERBS 16:18 BUT IS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT. HOWEVER IT IS STILL THE TRUTH!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I liked reading this story.

I have never understood the meanness of commenters. The personal vitriol probably comes from within a troubled soul. But I really don't know. Maybe if they knew what it takes to put your work out there. To actually write something. To do anything constructive. But who knows, maybe there are people who are really, at the core of their being ... just assholes. They are probably the same people that shoot-up schools.

GillotineGillotinealmost 5 years ago
3*

Monte's story sounds more interesting than Lori's.....but by his letter, he's pathetic. It is what it is, on to the next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Stupid story..

Too many gaps, overall senseless.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
confused

I wanted to give you five stars until I read that epilogue. THAT ending was horrible! lol because the story was good I just didn't rate it. ;0)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
1 maybe

Don't really care what happened to Monte

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
Not one of your better efforts

Farmers_Son

I have to say that I found this tale not up to your usual high standard. I too found the Epilog distracting and did little to enhance your story generally. The details of character actions seemed the product of a rushed need on your part to tie up loose ends before bidding your tale adieu.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Well...

I liked it.

Monte’s letter did ramble some, but... it’s a letter, probably first draft. Cut Monte/Del some slack.

4-stars

FantasyTrainFantasyTrainover 4 years ago
FAIL!!!!!!!!!!

As many others have stated, the ENDING SUCKED!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well

These things happen when the full 'Monte' wasn't enough for her. (Sorry) :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Monte/Dell came off a bit like a cry baby. You break off with somebody by running away when you are in high school. Then you grow up. You say goodbye face to face like a person with integrity, then walk away and do your best. You don't force your elderly parents to deal with your divorce for you, because you are so immature you can't even communicate with the woman you married. That is so pitiful I can't think of a real life example I have ever encountered.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed He caught and threw in losing hand.

Escaped from the reality of cheaters winning. Wimpy cuckolds etc.

She cheated and never really felt the experience was bad.

She felt sorrow for what she lost but still thought sex was great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The letter,not Loving

My past doesn't matter,but I'll say in this story this dude figured he would have a better chance with risking his life than staying with a wife that didn't love him.the bitch needs to pay slowly and long

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
All the others

Who thought the ending sucked: WRITE YOUR OWN ENDING. Stop whining. Man up. Try writing even one story....and I mean try writing one. Just try. I did, it takes a lot to write a story. So if the story sucked give it the star value.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

This is one of those few stories that just gets better as it progresses toward the end. As I read the ending, I felt a chill as if the world turned dark and cold. That's good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I agree with Just Words completely. He/She summarized it and done a very good job.

HKL prefer BTB but RAAC when appropriate

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Big mistake Monte! When you found your wife with your naked female neighbor you should have dropped your clothes with your neighbor’s ass facing you and moved in quick to fuck her pussy. You had the best of type of marriage! MFF will always be available to you! Having a bisexual wife would be great! She be willing to bring new bisexual pussy all of the time. Don’t let her hookup with lesbians since they won’t put out for you!

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 3 years ago

A good story and I love the play on the names: "Del," "Monte", "Monroe", and "Minster."

For some reason I feel like a can of pineapple... or perhaps I should make some marinara sauce from a can of stewed tomatoes. ;-)

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

nice touch with removing her from his life completely

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
@Grant_Glapsvidhrsc — like the names?

“A good story and I love the play on the names: "Del," "Monte", "Monroe", and "Minster."“

Del and Monte I get. But how does Monroe or Minster figure in?

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
So, has someone written an addendum to this yet?

I tried a story title search, but there are at least a dozen stories that start “The Letter” and probably a couple of hundred that contain “letter”.

FreakpowerFreakpowerover 2 years ago

Ok, a very silent character transforms to a Rambo fight against the cartel loose an eye find a gorgeous wife and return to the same city where he run from. Reminds me on myself. Nice story sad end

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Interesting to think if we switched Michelle and Monte’s places, i.e. Lori was in a long term and loving (and legally married) lesbian relationship...

...with Michelle, and Monte came along and started a more “penis forward”, though still loving, relationship with Lori what the reaction would be.

When I first read this I was outraged that a lesbian bitch came along and usurped Monte’s heterosexual place. But on this second read I did something I just recently started doing; in these usually triangular relationships in these stories — good guy, bad guy, and damsel (not necessarily in distress) — the bad guy is usually obviously a bad guy (because they are wearing a black hat), and the good guy is good (because... well, the white hat and white horse), and sometimes the damsel is helpless and sometimes she is a raving monster. We usually cheer the good over bad, but if we swap good guy and bad guy, and damsel were married to bad guy and got swept away by good guy? Well, actually, depending on how bad is bad, that’s pretty easy. But what if it were more gray? In this story’s that seems to be the case.

I don’t know. If it’s gray (and often in real life it is gray) does it become morally ambiguous? Or is moral MORAL and not-moral IMMORAL? In my younger days I thought not-moral equaled immoral, today I’m not so sure.

des67des67over 2 years ago

Love it... Completely removed her from his life... 5 Stars... Added to favs...

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

I kind of liked the way this story went together. Lori and another woman screw up this guy’s life. Once again cake and eat it too. Monte removes himself from the cheater and I think the letter was good but too self-critical. Finally, why would any husband go down the road of self-criticism when their wife prefers a woman? All and all the best parts are his removing himself and moving on. The last part seems unnecessary.... Why should he change his name? Why didn't just divorce her? I think the story has been told and who really cares why his wife had an affair with another woman. She just falls into the cheater category of "I will do what I want" and of course not give it a second thought to the outcome. BTRH...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I Enjoyed the story because it was well written,but that's not new, all your stories are well written even the ones that did not sit right with me due to characters,scenarios or results not being realistic. This was realistic from start to finish, decisions by all characters were real life choices by intelligent people fully knowing the consequences of those choices with no attempt to justify or explain them away. 5 stars JZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

no need ,that;s what happens when you are a whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Will you explore Monte's side of the story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don't it always seem to go you Don't know what you have till it's gone ! I also feel some of what Monte Felt My Story was a bit different but I think the feelings were the same in a way You see I was married to the Same Lady for 44 years the Last 35 were Sexless and even for Periods till almost the end of Her Life She never even gave Me a Kiss I never knew why? Her last 8 months looking Back She knew Her hourglass of life was almost over and It was if She was trying to make amends for how I was treated by Her. No there not any Sex I was 67 She was 65 I still have no answers.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 1 year ago

Good story. She deserved it. 5 stars, the Bear approves. I don't know what I would have done differently, or what I would have written differently. It made me sad. Still, cheating is cheating. Glad he came through it alright, as far as that goes.

The BEAR

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Rolls eyes. Stupid bitch and a stupid man. 2 women having sex is an entirely different experience than with a man and women. Yes, I recognize that seems obvious but I am not talking about genitalia and what can/can't be done with or without toys.

Women tend to touch, kiss, fondle, caress more. I'm not saying men don't do that with women too but it's just more emotionally driven even if the two women are not "in love"

I called the husband stupid because he ran like a bitch and caused himself far more pain than was necessary. Divorce was always on the table either way. Sadly, I can believe this story occurring pretty much the same way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If she really wanted to find Monte, his parents were the key. She would only have had to kill one of them, but killing both after she tortured her husband's location and contact information from them would have been easier to accomplish with impunity.

RuttweilerRuttweiler12 months ago
I suppose an author needs ever more elaborate schemes for dumping the ex…

… to engage the jaded LW readership. And I also presume the LW readership really loves the “run away and become incommunicado” trope, for some reason. I don’t really get it, but then I’ve found that talking with those concerned solves problems way faster than disappearing and hiding.

I used to try that myself, but that was quite a while ago for me, back when I was 10 or so. I was pissed off at my mom and dad, but of course, I had no power. And, no communication skills at the time, either. I could sure screw with them, though. Get ‘em all worried and upset and angry. The longer I stayed away, the more upset they got! Unfortunately, it never helped in the long run.

Maybe that’s why so many of the readers here love that tired ol’ plot. It makes ‘em feel like naughty kids again. The powerless boy, lashing out at mommy, feeling like he just discovered a new way to become powerful.

Ahh, nostalgia. Glad I grew up.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

really a big nothingburger... she's a cheater, doesn't matter who with, or what their gender was... and he was done with her. Why would anyone need to pick this up and make something out of the crumbs you put down before them? You gave a blank sheet of paper and a pen, for a story to be named later. Anyone could do that, without this ridiculous persiflage distracting them.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"Stupid bitch and a stupid man. 2 women having sex is an entirely different experience than with a man and women. Yes, I recognize that seems obvious but I am not talking about genitalia and what can/can't be done with or without toys. " << What a ridiculous comment. It doesn't matter matter whether she had a man's dick inside her, or a strap on, or a girl's tongue or fingers... what matters is the betrayal of a committed relationship, the emotional departure with someone else, the affection withhold from one, given to the other. if you can't see that, you have NO business getting into a relationship more than a FWB situation, with anyone. Delusional.

rbloch66rbloch668 months ago

It is highly unlikely that Monte would write such a long detailed letter describing the sex acts and betrayal that he despised.

Harvey8910Harvey89102 months ago

This was an odd story and not like many other stories by this author. I would give it a 3 star rating.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous