All Comments on 'The Local Vintage'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
PerfectStranger82PerfectStranger824 months ago

Short and sweet. You do great things with very little. But as you wrote: it was far, far too brief…

P.S.

shaknashakna4 months ago

A sweet romance, if only a small view into it.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun4 months ago

A lovely sweet romance. Amazingly crafted in so few words.

Bebop3Bebop34 months ago

Brilliant, as always.

TrionyxTrionyx4 months ago

Of course it was ‘far, far too brief.’ That’s the curse and yet the beauty of the 750 word story.

Well done. 5*

SeaReaderSeaReader4 months ago

I really hope you don't mind my saying this, but:

I used to think that "onehit" signified your gross undervaluation of your talent, but tonight I am reframing my interpretation, from my own vantagepoint; one hit is all it takes to get drawn in and enrapt in (enwrapped by) your spell, by your deft pen, your unstilted composing of images, characters and emotions in flowing prose. What Beethoven's string quartets are to instrumental music, your stories are to erotica. I find both alternately sweet, rich, earthy and deep, but taken individually or as a whole, absolutely sublime. I love the immersion, to emerge feeling, "Ah, with everything life throws at us, it also offers us this."

Nothing on this site pleases me as much as discovering and then reading your latest piece, and this little gem is no exception. Thank you for sharing.

NewEroticaWriterNewEroticaWriter4 months ago

Short, sweet and wonderful!, 5 stars. You crafted a smooth little nugget of gold, in an otherwise dull mine of jagged rocks. Thank you for sharing.

Rose Monroe 🌹

PickFictionPickFiction4 months ago

Makes you crave what will happen at ten ... and tomorrow.

AlinaXAlinaX4 months ago

I was sure there'd be fangs.

MigbirdMigbird4 months ago

Absolutely beautiful, mesmerizing scene. So easily visualized; captured in just a few lines.

gunmakergunmaker4 months ago

I'm certain that lives up to the rules of the challenge. Very well done. Please let us know how you do.

PurplefizzPurplefizz4 months ago

I’ll echo Trionyx comments, the brevity is also the curse, not unlike the perfect aperitivo….

Many thanks for the story Wanda, 5⭐️ regards, Ppfzz.

djripdjrip4 months ago

Something seems a little fishy here...

EmilyMillerEmilyMiller4 months ago

Thanks for doing the challenge 😘 Em

Djmac1031Djmac10314 months ago

Sweet, sexy, erotic, and a hint of a far bigger, unspoken mystery. In only 750 words.

Brilliant.

the_Otter_guythe_Otter_guy4 months ago

I always enjoy your stories

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy4 months ago

Maybe its the start getting old together and enjoying the being together …. Thats what we are searching for, unconditional love ❤️ ….. beautiful

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨🌸

FlamethrowFlamethrow4 months ago

Beautiful and intense.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not going to lie, when you said this was a 750 I was disappointed, because I love your writing, 750 just didnt feel like enough. That being said, this is incredible. You've absolutely knocked it ouy of the park. As a 750, this is perfect, the suspense, timing, its all spot on, but youve also managed to actually write a complete story. Lots of 750s leave you with unanswered questions, but youve found a way to make that a good thing. I have so many questions about these two lovebirds, but you've written their connection so well, I dont actually want or need to know the answers. Im happy with letting my imagination run wild with the possibilities.

Am I disappointed this isnt a full length story? Of course, you write too well for me jot to be greedy and want more, but damn if this isnt an amazing story in of itself <3 5*

DessertmanDessertman4 months ago

A beautiful short story. So economical with words, yet promising so much.

You are such a gifted writer and I love your work.

proseinagardenproseinagarden4 months ago

Ditto @SeaReader “deft pen” Whoo! 😉 HOT. Gorgeous. Hopeful for love. 10/10

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141594 months ago

Writing flash fiction-length pieces and telling a whole story while also worldbuilding is tough, but of course you did an excellent job.

Campus77Campus774 months ago

I believe things work differently in Italy. A quickie in the kitchen with the possibility of more in the future. A short tale of passion in 750 words. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So-so story... too bad there were no hot guys involved.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was nice, insane that you can make any length of stories a good read

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"750 words" is not a large enough canvass for the picture you were going for!

Almost works as a précis, though.

ca_daveca_dave4 months ago

Well done Wanda. But after reading your stories for several years this feels incomplete. I know it was a contest entry but it really ends abruptly. Still enjoyed it, but keep wanting more.

sarah4gurlzsarah4gurlz4 months ago

This delicious quickie needs a continuation!

Sarahxxxxx

Jalibar62Jalibar624 months ago

You tease. But in such a way! I need to know more about the church, the island, but NOT knowing, my imagination runs. But of course that's the point.

SimonDoomSimonDoom4 months ago

Bravo that you could do that in 750 words. Quick, but it felt complete. A lot of heat packed into a short space.

toesucker1toesucker14 months ago

Holy fuck are you good. You really rose to the challenge.

Charlotte35fCharlotte35f4 months ago

Evocative. Leaves all three of us breathless.

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking4 months ago

Genius loci of a river, I'm guessing? Nice way to add some depth to a straightforward story.

Starting_outStarting_out4 months ago

Great entry, can't be easy to fit a good story within 750 words. Would also like to read more about these two.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago
oops

the master of romance had a quicky

Bluesea00Bluesea004 months ago

I don't do with short stories (well that short)

But it's you I can fail to wear your characters in no time. I really love how you write. Cheers

RomanceLivesRomanceLives4 months ago

What @SeaReader said. 100% I'm rubbish at expressing myself, luckily @SeaReader said it for me.

onehitwanda is the first author I look for when I check my feed. I'm eager to stay up late (or early) to read the new story in one pass.

silveraidersilveraider4 months ago

Like a trailer for a movie you want to see, this delicious little snippet leaves me wanting more. Who are they and why is there this instant attraction between them? Nicely structured.

shayneoneshayneone4 months ago

that was fun and well written be well happy and safe a fan shayne

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Love that it is the same characters from Midnights Daughter

DessertmanDessertman2 months ago

Lovely, but also read the full, heart-rending version.

TassievikingTassievikingabout 2 months ago

A wonderful prelude to Midnight's Daughter!

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusabout 1 month ago

Perfect exemplar of the benefits of embracing a strict (albeit arbitrary) constraint. Bravo!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...