All Comments on 'The Long Betrothal Ch. 01'

by SteffiOlsen

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Loved it!

That was just brilliant, can't wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The dude's pathetic

What kind of loser pedophile seduces a 12 year old then is shocked when she grows up and doesnt have the same feelings? You'd think hed also be a little more self aware to realize that killing a man for fucking his wife and then plotting to cheat on his own to be wife is really shitty. That and his apoarent idiotic belief that a vilkage girl's child can be royalty. Illegitimate bastards have zero claim and no peasant loyalty.

I realize this is non con and hes scum by default but turning him into . A creepy ass child seducer only makes me want to see him gutted by a rusty pike.

The only reason I'm not giving this a one even though you've poisoned the story and srtoppe me from wanting another chapter is because you appear to actually have committed to completion. Unlikable characters is a far lesser offense than the incredible array of jackasses on this site who start multi chapter stories with no intention of complrtion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
to previous anonymous

Fyi, multiple dukes of the British Empire were made of illegitimate children of royalty. So, yeahhh, knocking up a "village girl" actually does create an heir if the father acknowledges them. And holy crow, at what point did he seduce her at age 12? Reread the story, get a hobby, and take some Xanax or something. I normally believe in not feeding the trolls, but I am looking forward to the next chapters of this story. I invite you to not read them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wow, that anon probably forgot his/her reading glasses or something

Anyway, I'm really liking the story so far and I'm so curious about why Kerin thinks she can't marry Maxen.

Could it be that there's a villainous character involved? Hmmm.

Can't wait to read the rest of this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Pleasant surprise

I usually never read the new stories when its the first chapter because I'm incredibly impatient and want the whole thing at once, but I'm so glad I did this one time. Awesome story so far, definitely worth waiting for the rest can't wait to see how it plays out!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The anon of trolldom..

Blow him/her/them off. Has been popping off with ignorant stupidity all over the place, and hides as anonymous.

I like the beginning chapter, but needs to be under novella maybe. Not enough as a stand alone, and not worth a rating until more submitted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful writing!

This story came as a pleasant surprise to me. It actually has a plot and the characters have been defined well, even though we don't know many things about them yet. I wonder what happened to make Kerin put on that act to drive away Maxen. By the way, she should be twenty one now, not nineteen.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very good

Very nice story, I actually enjoy it a lot, and I'm very intrigued about their pasts.

HOWEVER. No matter how great the story is .... the math.... the math got me confused.

From I've understood... currently:

Kerin 19 years old

Maxen 27 years old.

When you said "they've met 9 years ago"

Maxen 27-9 = 18 years old

Kerin 19 -9 = 10 years old

And when Kerin (16) rejected Maxen, he was 25.

From when Kerin ended the betrothal (when she was 16) to current event, only 3 years have passed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Praise and a quick question

I love this story and would love to read every single chapter immediately! It is wonderful.

Google couldn't help me to determine what commutation fee meant in the context in which Maxxen said it to Kerrin. Any chance you could explain?

Cheers

karalinekaralinealmost 8 years ago
Totally hooked

Been meaning to read this for a few days, glad I did. Really engaging story well written, can't wait for the next instalment

Esther xxx

SteffiOlsenSteffiOlsenalmost 8 years agoAuthor
ANSWERS from the Author

1-- MATH

Yup, I rewrote the timeline twice & forgot to fix the ages! I'll upload a corrected version ASAP, eagle-eyed readers!

2-- COMMUTATION FEE, FEE FOR SATISFACTION

Welsh law in the Middle Ages was more about restitution than punishment, and in the feudal system, the liege lord was often deemed to be one of the financial victims of a crime. If one of his serfs was murdered, he would have lost the value of that person's future labor and would be owed a fee for satisfaction (ie- a fine). A commutation fee was paid to the lord when a woman lost her virginity, in marriage or otherwise. In this case it would have been due to Kerin herself, since her father was dead.

3-- LAWS OF SUCCESSION

Wales, unlike many other countries at the time, had a codified set of secular laws-- which were in direct conflict with Church doctrine when it came to the laws of succession. Maxen could easily have named an illegitimate child his heir. It may have stirred up trouble later on, but that's not my problem!

Thanks so much for the comments, hearts, and stars! I'm completely addicted to the feedback and so glad you're all enjoying the story!

--Stefanie

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 8 years ago
Brilliant start.

Others have mentioned the math, which was my only confusion. Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Waiting

Ch. 2 pleaseeeeee

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Two Weeks...

Not that I am obsessing or anything but it has been two weeks and I am LONGING for chapter 2 of the Long Betrothal!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

An excellent story and a good start. I do wonder about Kerin's secret.

FrannySmurfFrannySmurfalmost 8 years ago

I'm enthralled!! I need the next part of this ASAP! the writing is so well done!!

SteffiOlsenSteffiOlsenalmost 8 years agoAuthor
NOTE from AUTHOR

Hi, guys! I just submitted Chapter 2- hopefully it will be up by the weekend. Sorry for the extra week in between, but remember, NO PANICKING! I promise never to leave you without an ending. Maybe I'll write a codicil for my will, just in case. :)

BiotechGirlBiotechGirlalmost 8 years ago
GREAT WRITING!

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your work. Thanks for promising to continue through to an ending. I have read so many stories on this site that were left unfinished.

ButterBearButterBearalmost 8 years ago
Great read

I have absolutely enjoyed all your stories!! Love this one too :)

Horseman68Horseman68almost 8 years ago
Truly Exceptional.

A captivating plot that draws the reader in, appealing characters, and so well written. Am enjoying your craft and looking forward to more with anticipation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
There's is literally zero reason for him to hate her

Like srsly wtf??? But this is a fucking awesome read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
BEautifully spinned story

Secrets, misunderstanding, circumstances, believing senses vs strange truth are great ingredients for a story.

BTW, her King father gave away his own money aka her dowry to him who used it to build an army to attack her, while she became poor because of that money gone. Kings and princesses were THAT foolish

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very intriguing! Loving the secrets and anticipating the sexy times between these two XD

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

amazing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSteffiOlsen@SteffiOlsen
1047 Followers
28 April- If you've emailed me, I didn't get it! I can't access my outlook live account, this site isn't allowing me to update my email addy, and I'm getting no reply from tech. If you'd like to correspond, comment and I'll e-you back directly!! 25 April- The next section of ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES