The Lottery

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
imhapless
imhapless
3,645 Followers

On the way back Alisha had several serious questions for John.

"One of the things that you mumbled last night - maybe even in your sleep - if you in fact ever did sleep" (mutual laughter) "made me curious. If I'm too nosy tell me to butt out; however, I'm very discrete and if you open up to me I'll never tell anyone else."

"What?" John asked quizzically.

"What did Louise do seventeen years ago that so disturbed you?"

John sighed and remained silent for a few minutes. In his mind he admitted to himself that he was in love with Alisha like he never had been before and that he hoped for a long-term relationship. Such a relationship probably precluded keeping secrets, so without distracting her from flying the plane he looked forward and opened-up.

"I do appreciate it that you'll keep this confidential. You must. Seventeen years ago Louise had an affair that was so cliché as to be ridiculous - with a travelling salesman. I found out, and went ballistic. About the same time she got pregnant. Despite the enmity that I felt for her at the time, since her condition required her to have a semblance of normalcy and hope I comforted her and acted as the concerned husband. Louise had always wanted children and this was her chance."

John took several deep breaths before continuing. "At about six months she miscarried; in fact it was even more serious than that. It seemed that her reproductive system failed, and the doctors told her that it was almost impossible for her to conceive again. Just to salve my suspicions I had a blood test done on the fetus. Given my blood type, and Louise's, I could have been the father of the fetus only if there was a one-chance-in-a-million mutation. Once Louise recovered physically from the miscarriage I laid that fact on her."

Before he could continue John required several sips of water from a bottle located in the cockpit since his mouth had gone dry. Alisha remained silent, looking through the windshield and checking her instruments.

"In view of Louise's fragile mental health at the time I stayed with her. Also her personality changed dramatically. Before the miscarriage and knowledge of the paternity of the fetus she was too self-centered. After that it seemed that she was more concerned with pleasing me than herself. Then she had her religious conversion. She believed that God had punished her for her affair by making her barren, which is why two of the most important tenants of SBS are fidelity and abstinence." John continued.

"That makes her decision to start The Lottery very perplexing," Alisha mused.

"Doesn't it?" John responded with a nervous chuckle.

"So why did you stay with Louise especially since it is clear that you don't share her piety?"

"I stayed because I had loved her, and she needed me, and sex with her was more than acceptable. One year merged into the next, and I never re-examined my feelings; that is I never re-examined them until I met you. Now - with Louise's foolish, and certainly presently regretted decision - I have fully re-examined my feelings; I love you, not her," John gushed, for the first time since starting his tale looking directly at Alisha.

Alisha looked back with a small smile on her face. "I love you too, John. So where do we go from here?"

"I'm 99% sure that I want to divorce Louise and marry you," he confidently replied. "Where do you see us going from here?"

Alisha laughed, then seriously responded "I'm also 99% sure that we should marry. However, we'll have to move - wherever you want to, but probably at least initially the Chicago area - and you'll have to give up your job with the Post Office and find something else. One advantage that we have is that we won't lack for money - I'm loaded."

"I know you're loaded with charm and sex appeal - are you saying that you're loaded with money too?" John cackled.

"That I am," Alisha cackled back. "Oh - one more question, though. What ever happened to the travelling salesman?"

John got a stern look on his face. "Openness only goes so far. While it is highly likely that the statute of limitations has expired, I can't take the chance - both for your sake and mine." Then he grinned.

At first Alisha was startled; then she grinned too.

***********

After further discussion on the ground, Alisha and John decided to have non-sexual interaction for the next month or two to see if they were as compatible as all things pointed to. They agreed that there would be no more sex, or intimate physical contact aside from kissing, unless and until John filed for divorce.

Louise was nervous during the time that John and Alisha were evaluating their non-sexual compatibility even though John assured her that they would not be having sex in the foreseeable future. Louise ramped up her sexual aggressiveness, which John was happy to be the beneficiary of. However, disturbingly, he rarely thought of anything except Alisha as he was ejaculating into Louise's pussy or mouth.

Within six weeks John and Alisha reached the conclusion that they were as compatible outside of bed as they were in bed. During that time, using her contacts in the Chicago area, Alisha helped John get a job as vice president of operations for a local delivery company in suburban Chicago; despite no financial concerns she knew that John needed to work for his mental health and ego. The only mutual concern that John and Alisha had was except for when John was in the armed forces and going to community college out-of-state, he had always lived in the Batesville area. John was less concerned than Alisha, however. He was looking forward to the challenge of living in a new area, but they agreed that if he didn't take to a suburb or big city that they would find another semi-rural area.

John's announcement of his intention to divorce, followed by his filing for divorce, hit Reverend Louise hard. Though John was asking for few material things, losing her husband of twenty years was emotionally very difficult to take especially since she was sure that it would hurt her standing in the church.

****************

Epilogue 1: While losing her husband did hurt Rev. Louise's standing in The Sanctification of the Brethren and Sistren, what hurt much more was the increasingly overly-reflective, disjointed, and downright depressing sermons she delivered. Within six years the SBS had essentially disintegrated. Louise left for parts unknown with enough material possessions to avoid poverty even if she never worked again. The board of the SBS sold Louise's house to a private individual, and the church to the town of Batesville, purchased by the town with a mortgage from the local bank and turned into a community center. The outreach provided by the homeless shelter, food bank and service, and women and children abuse shelter, was extremely helpful to the community at large, and was taken over by the town and by other churches in the area using the SBS's former facilities.

Epilogue 2: Over the long haul Alisha and John turned out to be as compatible outside the bedroom as they had hoped that they would be, and their sexual intensity lasted well into their seventies. Despite her original pledge to herself not to reveal that she had known John as a child and early teen, Alisha changed her mind when presented with a question by John after she accepted his proposal of marriage.

As they lay in their house in suburban Chicago after a scream-inducing sex session when Alisha said "yes" to John's marriage proposal, John cautiously asked "Will you be taking my surname, or keeping 'Franks' as your last name once we tie the knot?"

Alisha smiled, jumped out of bed and said "Let me show you something." After rummaging through a few old boxes in her closet Alisha pulled out several dozen sheets of wide ruled notebook paper. Written over and over on both sides of the sheets in cursive was "Mrs. John Tilden."

John was completely perplexed when he looked at the old, yellowing, notebook paper. It couldn't be Alisha's work because not only did her handwriting look different, but the sheets were clearly more than twenty years old. "I...I...uh...don't understand," John stuttered.

Alisha kissed him and stroked the side of his face as a tear formed in one of her eyes. "Those sheets were authored by me when I was in sixth grade. I would daydream about how I would sign my name when I fulfilled my dream."

John was even more perplexed.

As more tears formed in her eyes, Alisha said "Then I was known as 'Constance Watson.'"

Instead of being miffed - as she had expected - Alisha saw John break into a big grin. "I knew that I had met you before," he laughed. "We were destined to wed; if, as was the case, I liked you as a shy chubby kid there is no way that I wouldn't love you as a charming sultry woman."

As Alisha came up for air from planting dozens of kisses on John's lips she cried "Hey shy, fat, Constance, I'm going to be Mrs. John Tilden after all," before she impaled herself on John's stiff upright cock.

imhapless
imhapless
3,645 Followers
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
22 Comments
DeanofMeanDeanofMean4 months ago

Wonderfully whimsical, I was sort of expecting to hate the story line, thinking it was going to be some pro cheating thing.

I was so wrong, though I would love to see an exploration of the minister's motivations once you suspended the disbelief for the premise the writing and tight dialog moved the story along with a light touch of humour throughout. great job

texlootexlooabout 1 year ago

I found the story amusing, though, beyond improbably. It was a off beat, odd tale. I felt no need to comment, but then spotted the massive essays below. They did give me a chuckle. I have been married to the same woman for 25 years, and have never, or would I ever cheat. I hate the very idea of cheating and would never be able to reconcile if I was cheated on, or live with myself if I did cheat. These stories are here as peoples' sexual fantasies, and do not necessarily reflect their actual attitudes and beliefs. Stupid characters having Jerry Springer style sexual melodramas amuse me. They are not going to cause me to want to cheat. They are not exploiting real life people. I don't feel the need to be that critical of them.

Still, people have a right to their opinions. Real societal evils to exist, and are not cheeky or amusing to those suffering under them. If someone wants write paragraphs about their reaction to a story, they likely have some valid points.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 5 years ago
@ Johnadp

First of a woman to Hasn’t had an orgasm in 30 years it’s her dumb ass fault for staying there 30 years. That being said there is no reason to cheat . If you don’t want to be married get a divorce, if you don’t like him get a divorce, if you’re tired of his shit get a divorce. The thing that gets me, is so many people make excuses for the female when she cheat but when a male cheats, you want to fry his ass, so what’s the difference. About 10 years ago there was a survey giving to 00 military spouses. The question was, if you knew there was a chance That the baby may not be your spouses, how many of you would tell the truth? 86% said they would not have a chill that they can get away with . There will be too much to lose on just a chance. This tracking number to me was 9% say it wasn’t even in his business Whom they had sex with. Now that was shocking to me because it’s not your husband’s business who you have sex with? The 4% said they would never cheat to start with. For me there put a whole new outlook on what women think. I personally that we question a bad batch of females. But it makes you wonder because women have no problem with classifying all men as dogs until you prove them wrong. While you might not mind a reconciliation, I believe that there are factors that need to be met before hand. You don’t just go dear, come on let’s go home and go see a therapist we can figure this out. Also most my biggest issue with your comment is you Condemn people who seek revenge. Just because that’s not your cup of tea doesn’t mean everybody drinks from the same cup. Unlike a good BTB story , it’s my person believe that revenge is good for the soul. I don’t get many chances at it considering I’ve been married to the same woman for 27 years. But I believe the concept is firm good in something that everyone needs to do at least once in our life .

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Didn't like any of the characters but...

This story was well if weirdly written and I definitely enjoyed it.

4* for bizarre fun.

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
@Huedogg2

Every comment I made the woman comes out right? Have you read my comments? The main issue I've had is the extreme BTB, and the men putting their ego above the welfare of their children by exerting extreme BTB on the wife, leaving her penniless when she has the children, etc. I've made very clear many times that I would divorce the cheating wife, but that there is no need for BTB in most of the cases, unless she and/or the dude have gone out of the way to try to fuck you over. That's all.

As I stated to Valint, I would have divorced Louise when she first cheated, when she became hyper religious, when she started saying god was talking to her (slight correction from comment to Valint).

The very few times that I have said the guy deserves or should have expected the cheating were very specific to those stories. There was one that the wife had never had an orgasm with the husband in a 30 year marriage and early on she had tried to teach him how to please her and he got mad at her and was resistant to it. I believe in that story or one similar to it I stated if I was married to a woman and everytime I got close to orgasming she would stay stop and roll over and go to sleep, after a few months (much less 30 years) I would have at the least divorced her, been justified on cheating on her, and possibly even kill her (well that is said tongue in cheek, but I cannot even imagine my frustration with that shit). So yeah, in that story where the woman hadn't orgasmed with her husband for 30 years because he is so inept and is completely averse to her instructing him, then he has everything coming to him because she has got to be one pissed off bitch. Again, in that particular story the usual cuck women hating commenters went off on the wife for cheating on that particular husband and said she deserved her death at the end of the story, but every story I have read where the wife is frigid for a COUPLE OF YEARS because of a medical condition like menapause the same commenters totally justify the husband when he goes off and fucks other women.

While I have no problem with reconciliation stories, especially when there are children involved, in my case almost 100% (I say almost because I try to never say never as there may be situations I haven't considered) of the time I would leave a wife or even a girlfriend that would cheat on me. So this has nothing to do with giving a cheater a pass. My critique has always been the overreaction to the cheating, and the double standards a certain group of commenters hold between the genders.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
In The Name of Science Why couldn't he understand, it was for humanity!in Loving Wives
Gunny and the CEO Was divorce the end?in Loving Wives
Algebra Man plans and executes revenge on wife and ex-friend.in Loving Wives
Now It Ends She pushed me too far and I had to leave.in Loving Wives
More Stories