All Comments on 'The Man Who Came from Nowhere'

by TexasFarmBoy

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THE NO-BODY MAN CAME FROM NO-WHERE

just to put things right. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 6 years ago
Lovely writing - thank you

Superbly crafted characters, well thought out plot, happy ending.

You had me hooked half way down the first page.

Thank you

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 6 years ago
Nice

Has a ton of possibilities as in a few more chapters. if you have a mind to. Thanks for your hard work, very well done from my point of view.

North

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More

Plllllleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

Great story. Loved the comedy out-takes

Spyder1953Spyder1953over 6 years ago
Great as usual

This is another one of your great stories. Light, comical, a little sex and great storyline. Both characters develop a great relationship trying to one up the other with no one really getting mad.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
I wish when the preacher said "You are a sinner!"

He had responded by looking directly at him and said

"Aren't we all?"

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
I gota say

I expected the best writing from you, and I was not dissapointed.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
I always enjoy stories by

this writer. I just hope he keeps posting and 'honors' us with more great stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

I like both the plot and the humor woven into it. But the writing lags behind, and badly. Full of typos, words missing, incomplete sentences, you name it. Urgently needs careful editing. 3 stars.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Sassy And Sweet

Wonderful, humorous repartee between the characters, just the right amount of mystery to be solved, and a delightful kick in the karmic butt at the end! LMAO!

I agree with the comments about the typos and missing words. If you write in Word, a quick F7 will run the spell and grammar checker and pick up a lot of that stuff.

This is my first visit to your collection of stories -- and I'll be back! Thanks for this fun story!

rnebularrnebularover 6 years ago
Really good story

Only gripe I have is the part where they have breakfast at his place, then it sounds like they are at a cafe, heading for home. The romance was nice and the story a nice change of pace. Full marks! Thanks for sharing.

reader1000reader1000over 6 years ago
Great fun

Reminded me strongly of a Texas smart-ass friend of mine. Very true to life character fevelopment. I thought some.minor proofreading would have helped but nothing that serious. That's just a shame in something this good; having someone other than the author read it before submission is always better than depending on auto spell checking. You end up with the wrong word but spelled correctly, which is what happened here. Not really that big a deal but this was too good to deserve that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you for a new story

Thank you for adding a new book to your library. I have enjoyed reading through your stories. You create plots and characters that make a fun read. This story made a nice close to 2017.

I loved the banter. You were inspired.

Please keep writing. I check your stories a couple of times a week, looking for new adventures from your imagination. This story left a lot of room for squeals but was complete unto itself. The ending was a little abrupt so I hope this is a pause rather than an end.

DesiredXDamselDesiredXDamselover 6 years ago

This story was so much fun to read. The characters are wonderful. Great job!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Very fine

A first rate enjoyable and entertaining tale that was fun to read.

clearedtofuckclearedtofuckover 6 years ago
Riveting

This story should be continued.

I bristle at the use of "not hardly", but it fits the character. As long as you don't start using "unthaw", or "unloosen"!

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 6 years ago
Excellent read

Great character development producing very likable and interesting characters. The pace, intrigue and lively banter really made this story enjoyable.

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Awesome story and cast!

Great as always...even better than your standard excellence!

oldwayneoldwayneover 6 years ago
I thought it was nice little tale...

Five Stars!

Evil52Evil52about 6 years ago
wonderful

I liked your story and hope you are still writing. You are good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
unfinished

another excellent story I think another chapter would have tied it all up again first class

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Asshole

All in all, It was a good story. However please ditch your obsession for using the word 'asshole' as a term of endearment. It isn't endearing in the slightest. It is a crude obscenity. Similarly, the preponderance you have for kicking or smacking ass as a love token, leaves much to be desired. It is typically American, unfortunately, and seems to be a way of avoiding any sloppy tenderness. There are far better ways of avoiding that than stooping to the lowest common macho denominator. A more subtle vocabulary to describe intimate touches would be infinitely more effective.

Tony (UK)

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
ass hole

like most all of your stories , but you throw ass hole a little much as terms of endearment

flarebel2327flarebel2327almost 5 years ago
picking

sounds like my late wife. we pick at each other for all most 10 yrs before we married .she was the best thing that happen to me .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
@ Anonymous 09/12/18

Here’s a thought: Since the story was set in north Texas, and the characters were local residents of the region, why shouldn’t the author use the local vernacular to convey the personalities of the characters? To me it’s no different than British writers using such words as “bloody” or “arse”. I doubt that any good writer could create an interesting story that somehow doesn’t offend someone. Sorry that the way we talk down here offends you, but it’s just the way we talk. BTW, I liked the story a lot. You gotta love a story about a nice, feisty, Texas gal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice one

An interesting tale, well-told.

The arguments between characters is very well-drawn.

Thank You

HP

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSEover 2 years ago

Can't give it any stars as I feel it is not concluded. Well written and a nice story but not finished.

IEnjoyEroticaIEnjoyEroticaover 2 years ago

Second time I read the story. The banter between the people is wonderful.

EVLoverEVLoverover 1 year ago

Thanks for another great story.

I served on the City Council of a small, urban, Texas city back in the 1980s. The City Council hearing scene in the beginning of this story was quite believable to me.

Strongly held and divergent views on land use and how to move our city forward were already in place way back when.

While there were many, often very vocal folks, who had strongly held ideas on how to solve our problems, few had the experience, wisdom, and skill set of a Nick to implement their ideas in a good way. I would have welcomed Nick into our community.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Amazing story! Fun, entertaining, keeps you on your toes, not over-drawn, resolves very satisfactorily, and well written. 6 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I am still only half-way through and thoroughly enjoying this story.

But, what on earth is a "set of kilts"? A man can only wear one kilt at a time, whether the modern "small kilt" or the old-fashioned (pre-nineteenth century) "great kilt". A "set of kilts" sounds like part of a pipe band wardrobe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I am still only half-way through and thoroughly enjoying this story.

But, what on earth is a "set of kilts"? A man can only wear one kilt at a time, whether the modern "small kilt" or the old-fashioned (pre-nineteenth century) "great kilt". A "set of kilts" sounds like part of a pipe band wardrobe.

goodshoes2goodshoes210 months ago

Holy cow! What a great story. Good humor with a few good twists.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story. I would have liked to hear how it all resolved though.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent Story 5*

Ranger001Ranger0012 months ago

LOVED the final twist! 👏 👏 5🌟

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous