All Comments on 'The Marriage Ch. 01'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wonderful!

As always with your writing! The 'H's will be well deserved! Thanks for setting the mood perfectly with this opening chapter. Can't wait for the next!

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 9 years ago

I wonder what secrets Angelica has.

DanceswithWargsDanceswithWargsabout 9 years ago

Oh, this is wonderful so far. What a great story. Thank you, Dreamcloud, you never disappoint.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A superb start

I look forward, with anticipation, to the next chapter.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 9 years ago
well written and a pleasant read.

I'm awaiting the next chapter with bated breath...

bystander13bystander13about 9 years ago
As usual, well written

I wouldn't want to square off against Angelica in a battle of wits. She is one shrewd lady. I can't help but wonder if her brother isn't around for the same reason Cayden doesn't want Alia around. Can't wait to see this unfold. Great job.

DoctimeDoctimeabout 9 years ago
Speaking of food

DC, Some authors end a chapter with a "cliffhanger". Some present it as an "appetizer". You have succeeded with both. I await the next course.

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Excellent First Chapter

The Princess promotes more enthusiasm than the Prince, Perhaps because we know his secret but not hers. If it is her brother as suggested than the balance will suddenly go the other way. Her decision to keep his ex close could have many interpretations. Maybe she likes to sport with women while more than happy to do her reproductive duty. Though in a Medieval type situation she would be at great risk in child birth.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 9 years ago
Oh ho

And the worm turns........

markranemarkraneabout 9 years ago
This is So Far Above the Fray Here

DC, this story is so much better than this site. I can't even think of a place online it is worthy of. Print comes to mind but that's so 20th Century.

This is Brilliant!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I confess my reticence.

I nearly didn't read this due to the nature of the story. Arranged marriage is distasteful to me, particularly a politically arranged marriage. I only read it because of the excellence of your writing in your other stories, and I had confidence you would not disappoint to terribly with this.

You have done an excellent job in setting the stage. Your end to chapter 1 did not disappoint, and now I shall have to continue, whether I care for the subject matter or not. Well done, sir! The requisite five stars have been awarded as they were earned.

LoadstoneLoadstoneabout 9 years ago

Maybe it's because I'm reading them one after the other, but this reminds me a bit of Tony155's "In the Year of Our Lord, 1684". The plots are different, of course, but tiny details seem similar: medieval setting, black stallion named Storm, prince marries red-haired princess, etc.

I'm curious about Angelica's secret. The romantic in me hopes that she's lesbian or bisexual. It would partially explain her tomboy'ism (riding, military strategy, wanting to be more than a figurehead) beyond just being the prototypical "strong woman" and would allow for a clean happily-ever-after. The other obvious idea would be a relationship with her brother (if he even exists? Is he a role she plays for the sake of her kingdom? I could see that twist...) which would be harder to manage into a satisfying conclusion.

Either way, I really enjoyed the first chapter and just wanted to get this into words before I continue with the rest of your story. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great

Love the deft formal language you create among the monarchs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sucks???/ Well so do you dear annony and still you read these stories!

I gave it a 5

gunmakergunmakerover 8 years ago

So again I'm late to the party. This is a great story! I would expect no less.Now to devour the rest of the series.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 8 years ago
Too Soon To Judge

At this point it's hard to tell if I'll like the story or not. It's well written and the characters are somewhat engaging, but the potential for "suck" is clearly there. I can't help wonder why Angelica wants the Prince's lover around.

If the princess has a lover she wants to keep, or worse yet, her lover is her brother (who notably didn't come along) and she wants the prince to keep that secret, it isn't likely to get a good rating from me.

The seemingly Medieval setting and story revolving around royalty comes with a set of assumptions about social mores. If the setting is different from common assumptions then a bit of warning is in order. If not, then the princess not being a virgin or having sex with any male other than the prince should cause big problems.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 8 years ago
More Than Lives Up To Its Potential

Now that I've read to the end, I had to come back and give every chapter the five stars this story deserves...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Can not Wait for this Tale to Continue.

First chapter is so, so good it gives the reader the highest hopes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Really good. Really encouraging.

Thank you for making the princess so intelligent, self-respecting, and compassionate. I hope the prince deserves her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Late to the party...

Love your work! I have a guess about Angelica. I think that she and Uri are one in the same. I haven't read ahead, just my twisted mind at work. I am interested in how you develop this...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
wonderful

Wonderful!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Very good start

This first chapter was very good.

I hope the rest of the chapters as in the same line.

5* for you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
why?

why is it people find ripping your heart out for power to be romantic? why is it when royalty has to give up their true love for a made marriage, its considered romantic? where is the romance in killing love? This story might get better, but I hated this chapter.

BobossweetnessfreakBobossweetnessfreakover 7 years ago
Cunning bitch

I have a feeling that Angelica is a cunning bitch and knew well beforehand that Alia was the prince's love interest. I think she arranged for her to serve at the banquet to turn the knife in the hearts of both Alia and the prince. This is proof by her requesting Alia to stay and be her servant. If this turns out to be the case, I will fast lose interest in the story. I abhor those kinds of plots....where one is so cruel to another. Just once I'd like to see a "Romance" story where royalty wasn't forced to give up their love due to the "common" status of the other person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
to be honest

I'm not really fond of Alia. Sue me. She seems sweet and all but she doesn't have that thing ya know? For me at least.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not liking this

I don't want to read a story about cheating so I'm rooting for Angelica. But you make her sound so bad, and the way things are going I think he's sticking with Alia, but I've lost interest.

Wildcat2013Wildcat2013over 6 years ago
It's still early

Wow so many strong comments this is just the first chapter let's see where it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I have an Idea where this is going ..

Not sure if I'm right or not but will pay attention and see ..LOL R.W.

Richie4110Richie4110over 6 years ago
Serendipity!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Just began a reading trip through your works and am wonderfully pleased to find this my first novel. I will have great difficulty pausing after each but I will enthusiastically continue.

I am late to discover your stories and already excited to anticipate the journey.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Never gets old....

Reading this for my 3rd time.... And will continue doing so....

KarensClit1990KarensClit1990almost 6 years ago
Wonderful start!

I look for the the rest of the chapters.

The dialogue was so easy to hear.

The humour was good.

I liked all the details as well, I could envision the surroundings etc.

Youโ€™ve hooked me for the rest of the chapters.

Thank you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 5 years ago
Engrossing

I can't wait to read the rest of the saga. Thank you

Woodmanone

GoldenredDragonGoldenredDragonover 4 years ago
Great start

I knew from the getgo that the ending was coming and it was still masterfully brought in. Looking forward to the rest!

Horseman68Horseman68about 4 years ago
Such Grievous Loss.

Am reading this story for the second time, and for the pure enjoyment of it as the quality of the writing is so superb. The author in my opinion is one of the several best to have ever written on this site. Unfortunately he was so grievously abused here by having his work stolen by assholes that we readers have lost his talent for our enjoyment. Can only apologize and say thank you for the gems we have been given.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 3 years ago

The cruelty of having Alia as her maid servant is appalling!

Fixitman8267Fixitman8267almost 3 years ago

Manipulative bitch. And they are not even married yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Certainly a good tale so far. Looking forward to find what Angelica has up her sleeve. What secrets will she reveal when both parties tell all. We wonder what plans she has for Alia. Is she cunning, nefarious, malicious? LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lesson one, author: manipulation is NOT romance. The thought that you think it is shows me what little you know of romance. I bet the wimp prince will try to defend the manipulative wench's actions next, without a SINGLE ounce of evidence to back his defence. I bet the author's life on that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

" When a women is made equal to a man she becomes his superior " -Socrates. This story is getting quite interesting though prince "Nice Guy" has a lot to learn He will have responsibilities and expectations placed on him she will never have to bare. He will get no equality he has mearly given her disproportionate privilege and power to her responsibility. How she uses it and whether he learns what he's done remains to be seen. Bravo on this chapter I look forward to reading this whole story, it was recommended to me by Antiproton the author of A Dragon's Tale, one of my favorite authors on literotica. He claims this is the best Romance story on this web sight. That's high praise from him and I'm curious to see why he believes that.

ChimeraLoveMeeChimeraLoveMeeover 1 year ago

I absolutely loved it/

striker24striker24about 1 year ago

Interesting start. I love this author's writing style...simple and elegant at the same time.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 1 year ago

I like the story. Curious as to where this is going, since her choice of staff is obvious.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I dont understand Angelica hiring Alia when she was about to leave for good. Angelica might be a evil bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is a start that would prick anyone's curiosity. You really have a way with starting your stories. And your stories are so varied. You are a very good author.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous