All Comments on 'The Masks We Wear'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 94 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhartalmost 3 years ago

Fire story!!! (Did I use that correctly? 😂😂😂)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another masterpiece from the Queen of masterpieces.

CagivagurlCagivagurlalmost 3 years ago

Wow, absolutely fabulous story. Beautifully written. Amazing dialogue, and the story flowed. Good pace, and a very enjoyable read. Thank you very much..

Cagivagurl

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 3 years ago

I do love a good romance and this one is very good. Great character development and a couple of great characters. This is a very enjoyable read. Thanks for the hard work for us readers.

shelleycat1shelleycat1almost 3 years ago

Thank you, such a complete ending that is just enough.

rflikeslitrflikeslitalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful love story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another Randi masterpiece..enough said!!!

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

Wow…had to stop and read this one. Definite 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very interesting and engaging, thanks. Quite well-written too, which is a bonus.

I do have reservations about the main character who is similar to a number of this author's protagonists. It was a pity that this one never got to answer the insightful questions about herself that she raised on the first page after her break-up. A professional would recognize an almost textbook example of narcissistic arrogance, possibly the result of underlying lack of self-confidence. Her totally unnecessary response to Rachael's final message was a classic case of emotional self-indulgence.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Very sweet story with some appropriately hot points along the way. I was worried, thinking Simone went a bit out of character in the lead-up to the Miami trip and then how huffy she was with Des and Celia, refusing to talk to them, but between the importance of the event and what followed, it turned out for the best. Simone’s actions even seemed to reflect some of her earlier thoughts and feelings in the story from before she started getting serious with him, so nice way to tie it all together and end just right. Great job!

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

wow. very nice romance. 5⭐

what talent! It is always a great pleasure to read you.

As always, you create and develop loving, strong, sensitive, kind, respectful characters, ......

And I really love your interracial love stories which are made up of love, understanding and acceptance of one another, and so different from common clichés and other stereotypes.

Thank you for sharing your vision of the world and people with us.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Had this old man in tears, Thank You Randi! Loved every word!

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 3 years ago

fantastic. a beautiful romance.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112almost 3 years ago

I love almost everything you share with us, Randi. Please continue to do so.

bigbob2406bigbob2406almost 3 years ago

Well and truly up to your normal high standard. Lovely story. Thank you very much.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 3 years ago

Wow. This is a great read with great characters and a good flow. It put a smile on my face. Thank you for sharing. 5 big stars.

TiredOldMan502TiredOldMan502almost 3 years ago

Wouldn't Reina be a better name than Reyes? Moon Queen > Moon King for a female character. Other than that, nice little romance you created here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Requesting permission to use the term “twatwaffle” in everyday conversation.

Excellent story, as usual.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldalmost 3 years ago

Saw this yesterday, a gray rainy Saturday. Made the sun shine. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story, it was perfect nothing more can be said except thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Days are extra special when a new story by Randi pops up. Thank you for a great story!

somewhere east of Omaha

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingalmost 3 years ago
Oh God!

Randi, you are so good. Just a brilliant story. I've been by Winnipeg many years ago enroute to visit a former Naval Academy mate in Minnesota upon return from Vietnam. Your story makes me wish to revisit the Canadian prairie leaving Alberta through Saskatchewan to Manitoba. Your stories rock my world. Thank you. Mega kudos & of course five stars.

WS

stev2244stev2244almost 3 years ago

Yeet! Sweet story. I enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Right now I'm only on page 2 and I'm going to read it all because this author is the undisputed master of this site. However, I couldn't proceed without making note of the error concerning her car. She comments that she knows of 30 being around. In fact, only 6 were ever built. And most people don't drive million+ classic, exceedingly rare cars as daily drivers. I know, it's nitpicking on my part.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 3 years ago
An outstanding romance...great love story!

Another example of why you are one of the best!!!!!

Bh76Bh76almost 3 years ago

Good one. It may just be me, but Simone came across as arrogant. As if she had a too big a chip on her shoulder. I loved the Celia character though. Well done overall.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

DAMN! I sign on to read a bit of JO material, and you give me an incredible romantic journey. Teary-eyed now, I gotta print it off to share with my wife, and it's not short story.

You are the best romantic/erotica writer on the site. I have enjoyed every one of your stories. 5 stars seems too few.

Write on, sister! Write on.

mithanialmithanialalmost 3 years ago

Loved the story. The only thing that felt off was the "thoghts" of the Mc and the spoken word of the Mc were different. The thoughts wouldn't have slang or shorthand language but the spoken word would.

It kind of ties back into the white on the inside statement referenced later on. Other than that a lovely story and I learned something form it as well.

JanxSpiritJanxSpiritalmost 3 years ago

I was sure Celia's parents were going to bite the bullet the instant the Russia trip was mentioned.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Celia was REALLY well written, and made the story. Simone does seem a bit arrogant though. Thanks for the happy ending! 5/5.

robertlrobertlalmost 3 years ago

Incredible, just plain incredible! Can't think of another thing to say about this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

OK, finished it. Every bit as brilliant as anything she's done. So except for the AMX3 gaffe, perfect love story. Really likable characters and reasonable responses.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh, and 1 last thing. Thanks for not killing Celia's parents to create the perfect new little family unit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just what I expected. Great writing, solid characters that grow during the story, great editing and a story that sweeps you along. Five stars

rayironyrayironyalmost 3 years ago
You are so

Damn Good....Thanks Randi

saxman1947saxman1947almost 3 years ago

I liked the story as written and gave it five stars.

I couldn't help wondering why Celia had no friends to stay with. Was she being home-schooled out there in the boonies, or was eighteen months too much to ask a friend?

AhazuraAhazuraalmost 3 years ago

Thank u Mistress Randi may we have another? :) Amber Forever!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you. I can always count on you to weave an excellent strory.

dunmovynivdunmovynivalmost 3 years ago

Black on the outside but righteous on the inside.

Yes, I see you as righteous.

Yes I am white. I have known some very good black people. And some very bad ones too

But that is true of all races. Evil, and righteousness, knows all races

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 3 years ago

Brown and Yellow, Black and White, We are precious in his sight. Jesus loves ALL his children of the World.

waynef892waynef892almost 3 years ago

Another 5 star masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Over the top terrific. Love the romance, and love the "real life" in a wonderful story.

lukeshortlukeshortalmost 3 years ago
One of the Best

I don't normally read romance stories on this site. Your name and the story title convinced me to give it a try. I am very glad I did. It is one of the best stories, of ny genre I have read. Thank you. 5*

anon49anon49almost 3 years ago

5 stars...Excellent story with wonderful and believable characters...and point made that we are all "one earth family"... But need to be recognized as "individuals"...

Richie4110Richie4110almost 3 years ago

Absolute, unqualified writing success

Thanks for the opportunity to feel like I was part of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Men fuck who the can, women fuck who they want..but men marry who they want and women marry who they can

Cito22Cito22almost 3 years ago

The first romance story I have read from beginning to end. Very captivating. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Love your stuff !

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

I had the pleasure of doing an early read on this. What can I say, five stars all the way.

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 3 years ago

Great to feel like I was there from start to finish. Great story.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadalmost 3 years ago

I loved it. It's not your best writing though, but that's mainly due to how many great stories you have. I still give It 5 stars.

That being said I do have two minor complaints. One, the spelling of titties as tiddies was off putting and almost sounded childish. I get that some people spell it that way but it's uncommon and you used it so much it was like you were trying to make a point. As an amateur editor it made me pause mid sentence and took me out of the story.

Second, was that your over use of a little cute girl in all of your stories is seeming formulaic, change it up some. It doesn't make this story or any story you write bad, it just makes it kind of forgettable when you use the same gimmick so much.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Thanks for the story, loved it.

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInalmost 3 years ago

Yep, another favorite. Also a window into a world I have no experience with.

moedik2moedik2almost 3 years ago

Great story, finally one that fits life and is ended properly. Keep up the good writing.

Fredred55Fredred55almost 3 years ago

Great piece of work!!

Your best story in my opinion. You can do crazy wonders with words. This one could have been in two other categories but again you chose wisely like the class person you are.

You once more show that all the accolades you receive are just and proper.

An easy 5*

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for the explanation as to why I should never say 'I don’t see color' it truly was an 'ah ha' moment. 5⭐️

SeanGregorySeanGregoryalmost 3 years ago

BRAVO!!!

I honestly have never thought of the 'I don't see color' idea from that perspective. I understand, at least from my own point of view, the reasoning behind someone expressing the statement because I don't tend to classify people by their ethnicity myself. However, reading your explanation illuminates just how someone saying that denies a major part of someone else's identity and heritage.

Very well written and captivating story. ***** and a favorite!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

can´t give 6 stars, i loved it, keep writing =)

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 3 years ago
Compelling story

Excellent dialogue. Really appreciated the intelligent discussions and perspectives on race and sexuality. Five stars not enough.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Very good story! Looking forward to read more. Thank-you for your talent

zeuspmzeuspmover 2 years ago

I don't see color people are kinda like the 'all lives matter' crowd.. they don't understand nuance.

EasyReader44EasyReader44over 2 years ago

Another homerun. Cheers

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

A great romance story and in the right category, IMO. Lover how proud and true to her feelings, Simon was even though it took a long time to get over the betrayal she suffered. And even longer for Des to win her over. The colour issue set me back a bit as not something I'm familiar with though I understand how it would upset Simone. I thought Célia added immensely to it though you've used kids before.

You write in a number of categories and your stories have always been excellent; this is no exception. Still looking for a follow up to your Eye in the Sky one. Yes, it's me, again. 😃. Look forward to your next one, it might be there for all I know. Still trying to catch up.

5⛤ again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Randi elevates storytelling on this site. My second time through with this story, every bit as good as the first. The only thing better would be a new tale!

somewhere east of Omaha

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Nice description of Simone's transition from self centered to loving partner. Good romance. Her insecurities were a bit harder understand from my male perspective, but the explanations were well done. You obviously felt the need to include the "oreo" thing but I didn't feel like it added (or detracted) from the story.. It just felt like you had the need to force it into the story somewhere. As always, you're very skillful writings from a female perspective are so refreshing. Thanks for this one!

NovaPrime71NovaPrime71over 2 years ago
I really liked this story.....

I just have one complaint....Contractions!! Contractions, contractions, contractions...."We've", instead of 'we have'aren't instead of are not. It hurts my eyes when writers don't use them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi Randi. BJ again

In my view, this story includes two major points.

1) In the first one, you give your readers the most extensive, deep and complete appreciation of your own personal principles related to love, respect, betrayals, reconciliation, erotics, etc. When we read your stories, we can see these principles as they permeate in your comments and/or the descriptions leading to the situation you write about. They are spread like salt and spices on a meal. They add a distinct personal flavor; we have the feeling of knowing you better, the undercurrent in your life or where you come from.

2) In the second one, you give your readers food for thought about discrimination, racism, etc. You raise issues that came somewhat as a surprise to me. Thx for this enlightenment.

Again, a very solid 5 stars.

BJ

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
A Side Comment

It is just days after Veteran's Day and the plot device of sending the 10 year old's parents overseas rings very loudly in my ears. As a vet myself, and the father of an active duty son, I feel I have some "skin in the game." Many of our US military members have "unaccompanied" (i.e. Mom and kids stay home) tours, even when there are no active conflicts (fighting). Therefore, Chelsea's insistence that she go with hubby to Russia, but leave her daughter at home is outside my experience. In fact, tens of thousands of our service members are required to simply leave the family at home. Since this military separation seems normal to me, I see Celia's abandonment as a weakness in the plot. That's my opinion, based on my perspective. I hope readers stop a moment and think of this element of the sacrifice our military members make on our behalf.

Meanwhile, loved the story and major kudos on the superior writing skills demonstrated here.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I gave it 5*, but this is one of those rare 6* stories.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Excellent as always, many thanks

58zuave58zuaveabout 2 years ago

Great story. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fantastic offering from a talented author!

wolfshadowwolfwolfshadowwolfabout 2 years ago

Your stories are so deep and thoughtful, thank you for sharing this one. Also thank you for working UofD and its environs into the story's background.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very romantic, but with the real scary undercurrents and personal insecurities that painful experience teaches us. In the end it still seems to be a blind crapshoot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Touching in-depth considerate and passionate story about so much finding, pursuing and trusting love, and the insecurities that are part of the overall package.

Sad about the color crap!

I am old midwestern conservative white guy who is the least prejudiced and discriminatory I know. Our family had a well respected black doctor from early years until I left for college. He continued taking care of all my loved ones for years. Never knew he was black until someone told me!!!!

No, he was our family Doctor and we were soooo blessed. Could provide his name!

His memories, caring, deeds and concerns still touch us after 40 years.

You are a talented story teller that humanizes your personalities that reflect on our belief’s and life experiences.

A few more misty moments!

SW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A girl with standards

Jimloves2watchJimloves2watchalmost 2 years ago

Loved this one! I always enjoy your stories. You are obviously a force on here as lots of other authors mention you for giving advice etc. Thanks!

Hutch52Hutch52over 1 year ago

Wonderful story, just wasn't long enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, but it deserves a sequel or at least an epilog.

scratchbscratchbover 1 year ago

Very good story, and I enjoyed learning the black perspective about one racism issues. As a white man, I have said I don’t see color as well. However, you may be taking it differently than ‘caucasians’ mean, or at least how I do. I don’t mean that I see only the white of a person is worthy; I mean that I consider people based on values and personality regardless of color, gender, creed, or anything other than who they are. I grew up with friends of all colors and my best friend when I was young was black. I didn’t even realize it until my parents mentioned it. I submit you are painting many of us - who have only recently become aware of the inherent disparity in our culture- with a broad brush. Don’t be so focused on resentment that you overlook those of other races who are sympathetic and just now understanding this phenomenon, and who are willing to join you in progress. dismissing us, too, is racism. Peace.

bobareenobobareeno11 months ago

I loved this story. I usually hate the kids in these tales, but even loved Celia. 5 stars.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Great story, excellent build, great and even suspenseful build to real life-and a happy ending.

NitpicNitpic10 months ago
Decent

Decent story,but if is ankle stopped he playing baseball,how on earth could he go steer wrestling?.

IndyOnIndyOn9 months ago

Outstanding....*5*

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft8 months ago

Great story! Just finished it on my lunch break at work. The lovely ending had me misting up, so I’m going to have to take a moment, blow my nose, and get my professional look back on my face. I greatly appreciate the racial perspectives in this story. 5*

ClockstopperClockstopper7 months ago

What a beautiful story. I LOVE this one, like so many of yours.

EHP4269EHP42697 months ago

Once again a great story. You have a gift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Facinating. Insight on many levels, gender, racial, ageism, city sophistication vs country rustic, rebound vs lust, and lust vs love. Nice writing with depth.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories