All Comments on 'The Mountain Ch. 00'

by MariLeigh

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
im glad

I am glad you have not abandoned this story! I am excited to see where your changes take us <3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to update us on your thoughts and struggles with the story. You are an exceptional writer. Wherever this story leads you, we will follow! I, for one, really enjoyed this snippet. I am all for backing up and making whatever changes you see necessary. I appreciate you sharing this world with us.

minniebubblesminniebubblesalmost 6 years ago
Excited to see where this goes

I was so happy to see that you updated, even if it was just a snippet. I thought that you might have abandoned the story and we would never know how it ends.

I’m just super happy to see that you’re going to finish the story. And I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that we totally support you in whatever direction you want to take the story. It’s totally normal to have to make changes, so don’t worry too much!

I can’t wait to see where the story goes. I’ll be waiting for the next chapter :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you!

I was just checking the other night to make sure there was not a new update that I had missed. I am so glad you are going to finish it.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 6 years ago
I'm just excited that something is coming.

I don't know if a 5 year captivity will play, because how can the humans be accepting their new position so easily, when freedom was so recent? How could they forget? 5 years is so short that I would imagine everyone would rebel. Maybe you have some explanation for it but with the info from previous chapters, I believe that 20 years away from the real world is enough time for some to accept their place, for some to forget what freedom and equality was like and for some to vaguely remember and cling to that hope enough to want to rebel. I don't buy that all that would happen within 5 years.

Regardless, I'm extremely happy to hear that you will be posting Ch 8 and letting the chips fall where they may. So many authors like to go back and 'fix' early chapters when they were perfect to begin with. It's quite frustrating. I hope from now on, you'll treat it like a draft, and then go back and fix whatever needs to be fixed for the second draft. Or the third draft, until you are happy.

For now, I'm willing to ignore the discrepancies in the timeline and move forward with the story. Thanks for continuing.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 6 years ago
PS- What about safe harbor?

Eagerly awaiting its continuation too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Welcome back!!

I think the 1st beginning with 20 yrs period is more reasonable to accept than the 5 yrs; since the 5 yrs period is too close for the human race to accept this change. It’s good to see you back- eagerly waiting for your next chapter!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I've been waiting for you to write again. I want to see what happens in the story. Not sure why you need a new timeline, but as you say it might make the next chapter make sense. It's always good to work out your timelines when you write a story though, it helps the story all stick together. I've enjoyed the story so far and hope things work out well for the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Please write more

Please finish from where you left off this has been one of my favorite stories ever!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I agree with the other comments, I’m not sure how the change in timeline helps the story, and the 20 year timeline was more believable/made more sense. And they could have met before on the mountain or maybe he could have snuck out into the village for a recon mission? Regardless, it’s not my (or anyone else’s) story, and I’m just happy you’re back to finish the story! Please keep writing! I’m in love with both characters and want to know what happens!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Love this story...

I've always assumed that the mountain people were afraid of something even worse... demons or aliens... something like that. I'd also assumed that the Island might be the very last unconquered bit of the planet or maybe the whole island had been transported to another world (or in transit).

So I'm unsure why you needed to juggle the time line, but I hope it helps you. I will say this, I myself write here and I never start a novel without the ending already in place. It helps keep me consistant and assures that i understand the characters motivations. This might work for you next time... or not.

Either way... good luck!

Ellienora35Ellienora35almost 6 years ago
This story

This may be my very favorite story on here. I am so glad you are continuing to write it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
EXCELLENT

I am so happy to see that you are back writing . . . not to be a fly in the ointment . . . please don't wait so long to post!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you for continuing!

I am so glad you'll continue with this story, this change has confused me a little but this is your story and I will go where you lead!

Cannot wait for ch 8!

AssignedNameAssignedNameover 5 years ago
Thank you.

Thank you for continuing on, even if it is not ending up as you intended. I hate an unfinished story, it's like an unfinished thought or an earworm stuck in your head.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
yay

Im so glad you are continuing this story! It is one of my favorites <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you!

I love this story. It's intriguing. I cannot wait for the backstory on Warder and his people. At first I thought not-human, then I thought werewolf, then with Ysabel and Lucy's powers and somehow having to do with their mate's... I've just no idea where it's headed but love every second. Thanks for taking us along for this ride. Keep it up, please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thrilled!

I was thrilled to see the title and your name in the list of stories for this month. I remembered the story immediately and couldn't wait to read more. Thank you so much for continuing this story as I had lost hope that I would come to know the secrets of the mountain.

Banana_Banana_over 5 years ago
Amazing

I love this story!! Don't give up!! ❤❤❤

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I’m excited!

Don’t give up! This story is incredible!! I check back every week or so to see if there is an update! I’m so excited you are going to continue 💜💜

AngelBelleAngelBelleover 5 years ago

I am so happy you are continuing this story! I love t so much and cannot wait to read more! The characters and story line are amazing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Perhaps a good middle ground if you're still unsure about the timeline of the story is to have Lucy and Warder meet when she's in her early-mid teens and he just a young adult asserting himself in power. Her "immature" scent and Warder's intense focus on the mission may explain the thin connection between them that Warder easily dismissed. An approximate 10 year gap between the snippet and the storyline is better IMO, that way in this timeline Lucy can still recall the time before the invaders but still have that distant feeling when she reminisce about past; it sets a mood among the Islanders who are struggling to keep up their spirit of resistance; and establish the Mountain people in a dominant, comfortable but suspicious position. There's still be edits to be made but nothing too drastic.

I wish you luck in overcoming writer's block/hesitation!

-Marjulie

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
Intriguing Start

I'll read more. Even though you admit it's unfinished and aren't sure how to finish it. I'm sure you'll work it out eventually. You might want to rethink your decision not to rewrite earlier chapters. Doing that might break loose your writer's block, as I sense you are caught between what you had originally planned and what you're trying to do now - so the story isn't flowing in your head like it did before.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not required

I don't think this chapter was necessary. So what if some of your storyline shifts near the end, it's still a great story. Keep going!

TheWitcherTheWitcherover 2 years ago

Really cool. Have been struggling to get into books recently—any books!—and I found myself getting sucked into this story. Really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have fallen in love with this story! I am rooting for Warder & Lucy and hope you continue this story. I think your story is perfect the way it is but I wholeheartedly appreciate this snippet you added. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love reading the story from both Warder's & Lucy's point of view. I think that's genius. This story should really be a book but I dont want to add any more pressure to you. I will happily await for the rest of the chapters and anything in this universe you plan on writing😊

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Now seeing where you’ve gone with the story, i get why you put this first chapter in.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Can’t wait to read the rest of the chapters . This is my favorite and can’t wait to read what happens next and finally when you finish it , you should publish this as a book ! Seriously this is really good work

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMariLeigh@MariLeigh
I'm back at work on The Mountain and sharing some details about new stories in the same world on my website at www.marileighcrane.com.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES