All Comments on 'The Next One Ch. 03'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 13 years ago
Not quite . . .

. . . as good as the first two chapters in my way of thinking. That may well be more me than the story, the mother-in-law thing sort of buggs me. Actually the way the story runs, doing momma all week long and then daughter all weekend while deflecting his two other female persuers does sort of fit a super stud story. Makes the reader wonder what Gloria's mother will be like for the next chapter.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsabout 13 years ago
Another Good One...But...

I don't understand why you let him accept that he is a cheat? Growing up he showed character, sound reasoning and dedication to his home, family and his future. He did not display and conduct to suggest that he would not mature into a respectful, hard working and honest man!

Allison cheated in the very beginning and he didn't date until the rumor about her sexual escapades surfaced...then, he moved on. Allison had to know the rumors and did nothing to find him and explain, she let it go too long before she acted. Does that make Frank a cheat...NO!

As to doing Gloria after he and Allison hooked up, that point is moot. They didn't say exclusive and she didn't make any comments other than she would be home on weekends to fuck him silly. So, leaving with family to go away at Christmas and his allowing Gloria back in was somewhat of a cheat - marginally so and maybe he should have put her off until he had a talk with Allison about their time or future? To me, he did the same thing Allison did, dated due to no commitment although Allison did have a commitment when she dated another guy.

You had me fooled with Sarah and her mother, now he was weak and while he had never really indicated his feelings were deep and in love until he gave her the ring, he always knew that momma would be a problem. Subconsciously, he had to know in the back of his mind that the long term with Sarah would be a problem. Sarah had a ring, Frank cheated and all the mental masturbation was just immature logic that covered his lust. He had been wronged and I don't think he got over it, still deals with Allisons' betrayal in the back of his mind. Does it make it right to do mommy - No, but subconsciously two things were happening...without being fully aware of who he really was, where he was going and what was normal he took something that got him horny (cheated) and he was ultimately ending his relationship with Sarah - he didn't love or respect her enough to push momma away!

No where do I read that he is your basic cheater and the only time he showed any signs of caring about someone was finally with Allison and then she "CHEATED" and...even though she had strong feelings and desire to have Frank, she gave her loyalty to another guy for dating and left Frank hurting. Now, she has no trouble at all sleeping around, even like a slut wanting everyone to know and see her when and where she tries to humiliate Frank. She needs to wake up, she, deep down inside, wants Frank but most likely and only because it always seemed like the right thing to do. She needs to come to grips with the fact that her morals are beneath contempt, accept her willingness to sleep around and leave Frank alone.

Well, the last I wrote I suggested you always wrote your thing and some of us would like it and some of us wouldn't. Sarah was a surprise ending and Frank asked for it...rather didn't turn it down. By the way, that happened to me when I was in my 20's and it was VERY difficult (Momma was a 20ish looking Hot) and in the end I walked away from that relationship due to being shipped overseas by the US Army. Still look back and wish that I had momma, she was a sexual goddess. Oh well!

Personally, I would always have feelings for Allison but I could never marry her...too much with her cheating on me once, too much slutty behavior and rubbing other guys in my face. Gave her a gift last Christmas and she wouldn't even say thanks let alone try to have any kind of dialogue with Frank. She is determined to hurt him, even at the cost of her self respect. Like I wrote before, plenty of suitors and Frat parties so....as much as I liked Allison it would be interesting and probably in his best interest if he found someone totally different at his new job.

Finally, I think the years of friendship between their parents and the friendship that became puppy love and ultimately and seemingly became love was a result of the years of parental control and good friends. If Allison hadn't gone to the Prom with another guy, I think your story would be over and they would have become an item.

You're good so I guess we'll all get to see if you make a man out of Frank, get his head straight, move on and once again...I'm laboring a point - Allison has no difficulty on dating away from him and her conduct of acting like the jilted lover is only making a bunch of other guys very happy!!! I would always feel bad, out of friendship and caring but would not marry her, always think about the what ifs' but - the what ifs' were right in front of me - she dates around. If this is how she conducts herself whenever there is a problem or misunderstanding then I couldn't spend a lifetime with bad memories and worrying about the what ifs'!!!!

Thanks Bob and thanks for not making us wait days and weeks for the next chapter like some other authors...Thanks!

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsabout 13 years ago
In The Real World

I think Frank is hurting more than he consciously realizes about Allison going on dates and the Prom. I think he has yet to allow himself to deal with it...call it self protection or denial but I think it would eventually show up and he'll go into gut wretching pain, realize Allison took her cake for granted (not consciously - but without any consideration for consequence or faithfulness) and placed too little emphasis or thought on 'Exclusive' or 'Fidelity'...Sad!

I think, in the beginning and even now, loyalty, respect and fidelity are very high up in Franks' character. Frank might forgive Allison but he would never forget her lack of feelings, devotion and loyalty to a love that he believed they both shared.

I think he would always wish that Allison had been faithful and hurt from her betrayal but I also think he will come to realize he cannot spend a lifetime worrying and remembering her what ifs. Youthful immaturity aside, they were intellectually and physically grown up - she was totally indifferent to his feelings and their commitment.

Sad, but that is life!

For the sake of their parents, his and hers, I think he would always attempt to be friendly, cordial and respectful but I also think he would stay away as much as he could, no memories to deal with up close and personal.

Okay, Allison doesn't want to be alone and doesn't want to accept her betrayal and its' consequence so she just keeps right on acting like the righteous and wronged lover who was jilted. Does this speak well for her reputation and character - Nope and she destroyed the one thing she did have...FRANK!

Now and in the beginning - she doesn't like to be alone or stay at home. She would always want to go out when Frank was away with the Army or traveling with business.

grogers7grogers7about 13 years ago
Much different

This is much different than most of your stories. I can see better developed elements from your lesser works, so there consistency, but this is much better.

Thanks for writing. Looking forward to more of this story.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Just another poor bastard letting the little head do the thinking for the big one....

Fortunately, there seems to be a bonanza of pussy where he lives.

Mousse9Mousse9about 13 years ago

There are few people to actually root for in this story. They're all pretty flawed. Not to a great amount or anything, but still...

In this chapter Frank lost a lot of credit in my eyes, by not resisting "Vangie". She's a cheater, plain and simple, and from what Russ told Frank, a very dominating cheat. "Do as I say, not as I do."

I know I'm reading way too much into it, but what if Frank had refused her initially? What would Vangie have said to her daughter? Congrats, he's not a cheat? Or would she have gotten angry, and told her that Frank's a wuss? Or no good in bed? Or would she have carried a grudge and try to poison her daughter's relationship with Frank?

Still, he should have refused her after that first time (which is probably hard to do with raging teen hormones).

Allison, she's turned into someone REALLY vindictive for someone who was at fault in the first place. Not someone you should marry, she'd probably get angry for something that happened twenty years ago. Frank should've flatout yelled at her that SHE was the one who broke their prom promise. No ifs and buts. (The nasty part is that Allison made Frank promise, but she made no promises of her own....)

Gloria...I've said that before in a previous comment. She really seems like the type to stay "casual" with. Don't expect anything from her, screw her when you both want to, and that's it. Friends with benefits. I like the fact that Frank wasn't so wishywashy with her, when she broke that "I'll be home every weekend" promise.

Sarah, ugh. Although Sarah's right that she can't really trust him if he'd even sleep with her mother, on the other hand, tests? TESTS? What the hell is that all about? Testing whether Frank's a good boyfriend/husband? The height of arrogance.

Frank should've told her that HE had a few secret tests of his own for her, to see whether she's "worthy" of being his girlfriend. Sarah would be offended if he did that! ANY woman who tests her boyfriend/husband and make him jump through hoops, should have that done to them...

Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter.

Sidney43Sidney43about 13 years ago
Good read

I think this is probably the best story of yours that I have read thus far. This line from the second chapter:

"Fuck me!!! I was not only in a mine field, but the fucking thing stretched out miles and miles in all directions."

Was so funny that I was fortunate that I was not drinking my morning coffee at the time. I suppose our hero is going to end up with Allison if he would stop thinking with his dick, but he seems to have a lot of trouble in that regard.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 13 years ago
Totally quite

This makes me laugh, I should dislike our talking penis with a body but I still can't, he is a accidental tourist at a pornstarlet convention. I totally disagree with bob- n- nobber, the mother in law to be is just fine, a twisted nympho, but fine, what is out of whack is the totally twisted narcissistic dominatrix bitches we find in knob- bobbers stories. Love the story JPB Please keep them coming.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
Flush

You have managed to turn a good story into a POS. Frank WAS a decent, thoughtful guy who respected the women in his life and tried to do the right thing. He was an interesting character as he tried to navigate through his life. <br><br>

Now he is a "typical" guy that fucks whatever comes his way without any consideration. It's shaping up that the women around him aren't any better. It no longer matters what happens to him or his harem. "Sniff. Sniff. I smell pussy. Hi. I'm a guy. I've got a dick. Want to fuck? Grunt. Groan. That was good. Next!" Who cares?

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsabout 13 years ago
Sorry, One More Thing

Didn't Sarah tell him that she wanted to be just like her mother?

Frank still let mummy get to him but I have to wonder if, deep in the back of his mind, was he concerned about Sarah 20 years from now?

Again, you raised Frank to his late teens as a responsible, respectable, honest, trustworthy young man with scruples...I think he still is that guy and when the right one comes along, his values and solid character will reappear!

movermoverabout 13 years ago
GEEEEEZZZE

I left my psych degree in the car!! JP, it is a great STORY, 59th thoughts could have a million, and he will never realize it is a story. As usual, I enjoy your talented tales and many thanks for them.

fischwarefischwareabout 13 years ago
Bound to happen

Sarah, no one will pass your mother up. She'll never marry. Poor Frank, as long as the girls keep throwing it at him, he'll keep poking them. Just natural. Very very good story. My favorite author.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Continues to be an interesting story

Well written and with interesting characterizations. It seems doubtful that any young unmarried male would resist Vangie and after the first time the memories would just draw him back between her legs. The problem is that he has lost control of his own life. I think that our rejection of his acts reflects the fact that we ourselves in those circumstances would not have any defenses. Excellent work JPB

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsabout 13 years ago
Hey Mover

It's a Story period. I am enjoying it as one of JPB's best in a while.

Glad your happy with it...too!

.......and - it's 2ndThoughts, not 59 or does your keyboard change the numbers and letter when you're not looking?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
One of the best stories I've read in a while.

The bloke just can't catch a break. It would have been a beautiful marriage to have both mother and daughter to take care of sexually.

I guess it was too good to believe that fate wouldn't bite him in the ass.

Thanks for the good story

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Not happy about being right!

Sarah's dad has treated Frank with respect and Frank, the admitted asshole fucks his wife. Sarah's test was a good one! Frank certainly failed it. He's failed Allison and he's failed Sarah.

I wonder what's next. Maybe he'll get married to Gloria and she'll cheat on him. After all, that is what he deserves.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Too stupid

so I gave it a 1.

brujaybrujayalmost 13 years ago
Not stupid and not predictable either

Nice twist at the end. All that is missing is a four with with all his ladies, but then for sure he would have a heart attack.

Still like it. Thank you.

brujaybrujayalmost 13 years ago
Not stupid correction:

make that a four-way, not a four with.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
TOO MANY IRONS IN THE FIRE

means the brands dont stay on till the skinning. TK U MLJ LV NV

OverthefallsOverthefallsalmost 11 years ago
Pretty funny, but predictable stuff

I think Frank had it right when early on he admitted to himself that he was an asshole. He didn't need any of the women to tell him, didn't need his Mother or Father to tell him. The train wreck that was/is his life simply came home to roost. He didn't want to be married to Sarah anyway. That would have been a mistake. Best thing for him might be to go full time in the Guard and never get married.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
He deserves far more retribution

Glad he isn't getting Sarah but he needs his teeth fed to him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It's Official

When I die, I want to come back as Frank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
ANOTHER 5 STARS

Boy! Is this series living up to its title!

Of course Mrs. Vangie "mommy" Backman was wrong. But wasn't it hot!? And fun? Didn't it further the title?

Does 4 more chapters mean 3 more "Next Ones" for Frankie until he winds up with Allison as #4?

No more palaver.

On to The Next One.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
PLEASE tell me he's been taking videos!!!!

He needs to have videos of Mother and Daughter. If he does, he's the KING! If he doesn't, he needs to move far, far away immediately. This story is full of morons, both male and female. But it's funnier than hell!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Frank never learned the first rule of holes

Also the one about things that seem too good to be true.

This is all obviously his parent's fault.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayabout 1 year ago

Frank is a douche canoe. He should have known the mom was the final test. What kind of guy bones his fiance's mother who just happens to be his bosses' wife?

DarknsDarknsabout 1 year ago

Grow a backbone, Frank!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Frank is a human the world could do without. What a moron douche bag even if only in a story!!!!

Omegaman56Omegaman5611 months ago

I knew that the mom was the shit test

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES