All Comments on 'The Only Way I Could Get Justice Ch. 02'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 182 Comments
Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 5 years ago
Crap

First was bad, second equally and now you need a third

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The first part was so bad,

this part can't fix it. The writing is fine but the story really sucks.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

Not one mention of remorse or any acts of contrition by the mercenary slut. She never even apologised to Mike for turning him into a cockold and treating him like shit. Her naming the bastard after her lover was like flaunting her affair in her husband's face.

Karen blamed the shark lawyer for sticking it to her husband in the divorce, but she never objected to the ruthless way the court system was abused to fuck Mike over. She also kept shoving Justin in Mike's face, when it was obvious that the poor guy was furious at her betrayal. She basically pushed him past breaking point, until he snapped and took off... and she only has herself to blame.

After reading this chapter, I've got even less sympathy for Karen. The cunt deserved to be devastated... she wrecked her marriage, destroyed their family and wasn't even sorry for betraying her husband so badly.

It's just a shame that Mike didn't take Savannah too. If he'd left Karen with just the bastard, it really would have stuck it to the evil bitch.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
So...

... we have a sequel where the father is still huge douche.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
close, but still not finished

please give this story a decent ending

thanks

chytownchytownalmost 5 years ago
Good Follow-Up***

Thanks for sharing.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
So why try to make honest people feel sorry for a betrayer?

The first story was fair and gave a good description of the reason for the title.

This second chapter is just a tear jerker!

The bitch in question used the pathetic "Justice" system to add insult to injury.

If there was any real justice, the bastard child would be taken and placed into an orphanage, with no contact with the "mother" but paid for by her. The betrayer/s would be forced to pay all the costs of the divorce and unless the injured party agreed, she would have no contact with the legitimate children. At least 30% of her income would be paid directly into a child support bank account for the legitimate children.

Don't justify betrayal!

hansbwlhansbwlalmost 5 years ago
Does not ring true

This does not ring true, she named the boy Justin, that show either utter contempt towards her husband or love for the biological father. This chapter did not add positively to the story.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for the part two. You really didn't paint her in a very good light. She comes off as a selfish, entitled bitch. So she had a little fling, no big deal. Justin was hot and Mike would never know, so no real harm done. Oh my, she's pregnant and pretty sure it's Justin's, but he has no money, so she stays with clueless Mike. Somehow he figures it out, but she gets a shark lawyer and goes for everthing. A feminist judge, Democrat of course,gives her everything she asks for and more. She wants Mike back now, but he's being petty with her and not playing nice. After everything that happens,she doesn't seem that broken up that MikeJr. is gone. It's all about Justin after all. I enjoyed it very much. You set up chapter three, if you go that way, perfectly. A lot is left to the imagination. I like yours a lot better than mine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Waste of time!!!!! You should have left it as it was or at the very least have the asshole hubby found and the boy given back to his mother. The asshole doesn't deserve to have Junior with him.

SystemShockSystemShockalmost 5 years ago
Meh

Don't care for any of the characters and the story itself is very run-of-the-mill. Funny thing is that I can't even call Karen unlikeable because she's such a...non-person. There's no emotion behind anything in her narration. It's just "This happened, that happened, I did this, he did this, which caused that..."

But one thing did stick out to me, and that's the fact that wifey thought absolutely nothing of naming her bastard after his real father. Hell, at the time she was still banking on it being Mike's, yet she still named it after her lover and didn't even think twice about it.

Her excuse is that they never thought of any male names, which is stupid in itself, but she couldn't have named it after her own father or grandfather or some historical figure? She just had to name her son "Justin", and I don't know if the fact she didn't do it to intentionally be disrespectful is better or worse than if she'd done it as an in-joke that only she would know about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
She Opened Her Front Hole To A Slimy Meat Pole

Stupid biatch.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
Just read "PAPATOAD"s Michelin man

Now that's how betrayal should end!

To much "Forgivness" and justification for the unjustifiable!

If your not sure look up betrayal in the dictionary.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldalmost 5 years ago
The best way to lose is to win

Karen took the risk of pushing for support for Justin - a dangerous move. It guaranteed Justin’s paternity would never leave Mike’s mind. Her lawyer overplayed. They both assumed Mike would accept the court order. They were wrong. Nicely told. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Didn’t Add Anything

Well written but really didn’t complete story

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
Mike Jr., Savanna, and Justin are the only truly sympathetic characters

Karen’s laissez-faire - even arrogant and amoral attitude about the affair, and Mike Sr.’s unspeakably callous and cruel solution vis-a-vis the children paint them both as unlikeable. It’s very hard to feel much sympathy for either parent after the fact. As in real life, no neat and tidy bows to wrap up this tragic story - just five shattered lives.

I suppose it would be interesting to witness Mike Jr.’s reaction to the loss of his mother and siblings, or the confrontation between Savanna, Justin, and Mike Sr. at some point in another sequel, but as it stands, this story is really a gut wrenchingly powerful and poignant drama. I weep for the kids.

Chapter 01 and 02, as a pair, are one of your best. Shakespeare would, I suspect, give you a nod.

Very moving. Thank you.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
Missed part one.

Going back now to read it.

Karen just doesn't come off as sympathetic but it might be due to trying to write from a woman's perspective.

She just seems very blah and mostly focused on finances instead of the impact her behavior had on her husband, children and extended family and friends.

This is interesting because the legal system is definitely stilted.

moblanemoblanealmost 5 years ago
A moments pleasure?

Too many spouses get themselves into situations like this over a selfish and despicable moment of careless pleasure. I can hear a lot of weenies, women and female liberal judges condemning "Mike's" thoughtless actions but if you enjoy a quick screw behind the garden shed and make a new human being is it your husband's fault? If you trick him into signing the birth certificate and avoid telling him the truth... is it your husband's fault? If you 'take him to the cleaners' in a compounding selfish and despicable act of careless pleasure, is it your husband's fault? It is high time the US family court system examined it's failures and looked at what is good for the children AND the innocent spouses who are abused by the system and dumb-ass judges! Time for the guilty to pay!

Impo_64Impo_64almost 5 years ago
As expected...

As expected her point of view didn't brought any difference light to the story...she cheated because she could and was selfish enough to do it...How the children felt? Just again her point of view...3*

Gomez333Gomez333almost 5 years ago
Good as far as it went....

Having opened the door by writing a Part 2 to this, I think it now leaves us wanting a Part 3 which covers how they all finished up (imo).

Anyway thanks for your efforts, enjoy your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I don’t feel answers to burning questions shining through here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You made it worse!

After major fail in part 1 you did nothing to fix it in part 2.

I don't want to call you a MORON, and I know it's fiction, but did it ever cross your mind that courts have appeal system, and that you can't get the same judge you had last time?

And YES, he was pushed into BAD option (by you)... why?

So you can spend Part 2 defending peace of shit (his ex-wife)

Great job of tagging "loving wife" for this one!

BigGuy33BigGuy33almost 5 years ago
Well written...

...but very sad, at least for the children. I get that he did what he had to do because of the broken court/justice system, but still it's a shame that the two kids lost their father and their brother, and vice versa.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You shouldn't have bothered to write chapter 2 2 stars

I thought the first chapter was a parody. Mike was a selfish guy who didn't appreciate what he had and the damage he'd done. I wondered what the wife was thinking but this didn't add anything. Your characters have no empathy. This seemed rushed as if you had no interest in writing it. Wife seemed more sympathetic in the first chapter. In that one she was mourning the death of the doctor. This chapter is supposed to explain her POV but she expresses no grief upon hearing the doctor's death.

The wife has no guilt about her cheating. The nurse doesn't use birth control despite her busy work schedule. She doesn't reflect on her marriage or how Mike changed over the years. She doesn't seem to think about anyone including her kids except as to how they affect her. At the end of the story she says she doesn't know how Mike's kidnapping her son affected her children despite the fact that she is living with them. Your characters have no empathy, perhaps you are lacking it as well. Most nurses are drawn to the field because they care about people. She didn't and neither it seems does the author. This one page chapter was a waste of 10 minutes of the reader's time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hell YES ! and fuck the rest.

A price to be payed but a life to be gained.

You can‘t always have what you want, but if you try.....🎶

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
This really wouldn’t be anything I’d have submitted. . .

. . . as a stand alone story. My previous left a lot of questions by readers, and this was how I envision Karen to have been.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Support for the bastard.

Stories like this where the ex wife, the cheater, has no problems forcing the innocent husband to support the bastard child really get to me. I get so angry as I can put myself in his place and know that I would (at that time) feel I would rather go to jail than to pay her for what she did and how she ruined the marriage and divided the family.

She should have just asked for the minimum support for the other two kids, if he sneeded it, just out of what ever morals she has and as showing a means of asking for some forgiveness.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

"Damn it! Damn him!" - Damn HIM?! She cheats on him, has another man's baby that she HAS to know at least might be Justin's, and let's him raise it as his own until it's too late for him to seek redress, and it's "Damn him?" Damn her!

As soon as she knew that it COULD be Justin's, if she wanted to protect her marriage, she should have had an abortion.

If Justin was no big deal, then why in the FUCK did she name the baby after him? Anyone with half a brain (I guess that leaves out cheaters, of either sex!), should know that if the affair comes out that it's going to seem like a sign of love for the lover, a slap at the husband, or both!

"The insurance payment after his death had already been paid out" - I'm certainly no expert, but if there WAS a suit against the estate, it MIGHT be possible to claw back the insurance payout.

"not closing his accounts but leaving just $25 in them, enough to keep them active without the authorities being called." - Authorities get called when accounts get closed? I don't think so, and he was already long gone before anyone would check them.

I forgot this from the first story, her crying over Justin's death. Yes, to some extent, it's a normal human reaction, but it shows a level of attachment that she doesn't mention here.

@Impo_64 Re: Solomon's Justice - Solomon only THREATENED a harsh solution, it was never carried out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sorry to be an asshole about it

But the slut got exactly what she deserved, actually got off easy. She had an affair, not a drunken one timer, and it was unforgivable. The only one who suffered was the innocent daughter and both parents should go to their graves with indescribable pain over it, especially the slut wife. Hopefully, Justin was summarily tortured before dying. Good ending but not enough suffering for the slut.

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 5 years ago
Meh.

The story didnt need a second chapter and it didnt add anything to the tale, IMHO. Awful people those two. Especially Mike.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sorry?

She never apologized or expressed any remorse.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 5 years ago
What a callous bitch

No remorse whatsoever. No regret, no guilt, no sorrow, no apology. After I read part 1 I felt bad for her losing her son. After this I see she got what she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Too bad

If only.... her knees could have held that asprin tablet back when.... the kids would never have suffered.

InsigniaInsigniaalmost 5 years ago
Not your best

You should have just let it be. This added very little to the overall tone of the first part. HIS vengeance is complete, he is his own boss and no women is ever going to hurt him again. He is a complete waste as a father but a role model for incels sin frontieras. But now that he is over there go ahead a build that wall. Do it for the kids.

She is dumb ass of the first order and as most assumed is now stuck in a harsh reality largely of her on making. Consequences are fine. But means don't justify the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
clarkgarble shut the fuck up and go back todoing what you do best

licking the shit and cum from your wife ass after watcher her cuckold you yet again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

she got what she deserved hope you have more to the story don't read the negative comments don't mean shit she was a cheating slut maybe he can get to talk to his daughter and tell her what is happening i know he still loves her

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This has so much more to be told

I know I'm posting as a lowlife Anon but this is a great read and it would be awesome to see this expanded some more. Have always enjoyed your stories BTW! Either way, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This guys vengeance is over the top.

She did not have a long term affair,she should have told mike about her drunk one night stand. As it turns out he divorces her and the courts will always provide for the kids. Running off with their son was a lowlife criminal act. Life is a bitch and then you die. This was a very bitter man . I’d see if we could work out some marriage consulting and still live together. Running off messes up his life and the sons. All lose big time.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
Hypocritical hypocritical hypocrites

You guys need to go look at “Finding savanna“ on dateline on own. This report was about a man who had custody of his daughter. His wife stole the Child and move to Australia. She lived there for 20 years and until she was found out . Because it was an FBI case, it took over nine months to get her extradited back to the US. And all these people set around cheering what she did. In this story the dad takes his son and everyone calls him an asshole and a bastard. In real life this bitch steals her child even though the father has custody and moved to Australia and she cheered. First she accused him of abusing the child, it was proven that he didn’t. She didn’t like the outcome then stole the child. And for all those 20 years that the dad missed and all the family died and never got to see her. they gave her 21 months in jail. incidents like this happen all the time, A male teacher makes out with a little girl that’s 19 in high school. No sex just kissing and petting, he was sentenced to 32 years. Female teacher had sex with 7 teens boys under the age of 15 and was sentenced at 28 months probation. A man is married to his wife 31 years 11 children. Turn out that only six are his. The wife asked the judge to make him pay for the children and Then cuts out his visitation. Because it to be too much strain on the children to try to figure out who is their real dad. And the judge agrees. A woman found that after 30 years that her dad is not her dad. And her mom is pissed because it makes her look like a slut. And you wonder why so men, find that this is the only way they can get justice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
While I agree about the characters

The story is seperate from them. It seems we're intended to dislike them both; she is completely without remorse and incapable of understanding that these things are her fault, and he is completely without compassion for his children. They're difficult to identify with, and that's a good thing. The situation, unfortunately, is not.

Anyone who knows divorced people, especially because of infidelity, knows the man can get screwed hard by a sexist court system which still views women as weak and incapable, and the woman often ends up lonely and either sacrificing the welfare of her children to alleviate that, or sacrificing her personal well being to be the mother she should be, because she will never have a partner who's as committed to her children as their father was, and again, courts will generally give the mother primary custody even with evidence she's unfit. We've seen this story, except perhaps with the fleeing to Mexico, played out over and over again in the lives of divorcing friends and family members. Being angry at these two characters allows us to be angry with those friends and family members without actually expressing it at them.

For that, Reed, I thank you.

P.S. If you use the word incel to describe a man with 2 kids, you're a moron.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Typical garbage from this author

Waste of time. Poor story line and worse storytelling

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

The wife deserved to get divorced. But Mike has an obligation to his daughter to be in her life. He is selfish and put his own pride and feelings in front of his duty as a father. Which includes allowing his older son to have a relationship with his birth mother.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
And now you need a third chapter

Could have stood alone as originally posted, now it’s begging for at the least an epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Okay, but...

...you've opened up a long narrative string. You've built some sympathy for the cheating wife, a lot more for the kids. You cannot let this one hanging. Indeed, your title suggests that justice is his goal and the story's. Certainly, her actions weren't just. Having the affair, however brief, and naming the baby Justin exemplify narcissistic entitlement. Mike's actions, however, do not achieve a "justice" of any sort. They are simple revenge, and they create potential for many problems in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Strange choice of kid's name.

when my parents finally divorced after 25 years of marriage, it absolutely had everything to do with her being a serial cheater.

She had given my dad three sons, of which I am the youngest. They might have split sooner, but it was MUCH better economically to wait until I was 18. Thoughtful.

I was dad's mini-me, in looks, and hair type, While no genetic testing had ever been done, there had never been a question. My Oldest brother was named as his JR. My middle brother was named after my uncle who died as a result of a childhood illness (much more common in the late 1940s). I was named after a neighbor.

WTF?, right?

So this was an older farmer who never had children of his own, and according to the story that my mom always told, he had taught her how to ride and care for horses when she was a young girl. Yes, this neighbor was my mom's family friend, and 99.5% chance that nothing was inappropriate in any way.

Apparently, my father had no issues with the name choice, and it was a VERY popular (common) name back in the 70s, and even still is today.

But after stories came to me about my mom's betrayals, I WAS THE ONE WHO HAD THE QUESTIONS. This story always seemed off to me. Why was I named after a "friend"? Named after relatives? Makes some sense. Biblical names? Always in fashion. But after this dairy farmer? Not random enough, to not be a head scratcher. Even before I was made aware of the scope of my mom's secret life, This kind of oddball choice, fostered a uneasy sense of distrust of the strength of my parents marriage, perceptible, even if not fully understood.

OKAY, why post this personal anecdote, 100% true?

What you name your kids DOES MATTER! There are reasons. You choose a name with purpose to honor somebody. It has always been this way. And even if a father "says" he doesn't care, just pick a name, on some level, he probably does. But the person guaranteed to care? The kid stuck with this badge for life. In this story, Justin is the one who will pay for his mother's trivial approach to this affair, and be dealing with the emotional aftermath, even long after his mother has become numb to Mike's "revenge".

This chapter 2 was so unneeded, Reed has apologized in advance for even writing it. A lot of commenters pestering him, and such. For me, if anything, I hoped her choice to name the bastard child after her lover was NEVER a trite choice, or an inside joke. It cemented the betrayal for life, and helped to facilitate Mike's feelings that he would never get past her affair, with Justin as the living breathing symbol of it. Would it have been easier if the unfortunate child had been named after Mike's own father? Nobody involved will ever get the chance to find out. Reed teased us that this chapter 2 could be almost action/adventure of Mike on the run, dodging kidnapping and extradition efforts. But even if that would have been WAY TOO much work for these characters, if REED had just focused in on the part about the name, and how that ultimately made it impossible to act/react calmly and rationally? Perhaps this chpt. 2 would have seen more success. Stuff to ponder before you let the fan base totally direct your next chapter in future efforts.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not an ending

This was the other view of the issue but not an ending to the story.

He was too much of a hardass as there was a daughter that was abandoned and a son, although not his biological, but he did apparently raise him at the early stage. She was a fool and made a bad mistake with the consequences then ended her affair because she realized it was wrong.

Consequences can be devastating and it seems to be for husband, wife and most importantly for the children.

To be at least a decent story, this needs further information. Otherwise, it s rather shallow, a bit like a few other of RR's stories.

T.T.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Have To Comment On Politics & Economics Of This Story

1. Karen says Trump became president and the stock market took off. The S&P 500 during Obama's presidency averaged 14.88% per year. In Trump's first two full years the stock market has averaged 8.725% per year. We'll see how 2019 ends up. Btw, not giving Obama credit for it, as it was mostly the Federal Reserve actions and TARP, but facts are facts.

2. The idea that Justin was liberal and thus joined Doctors Without Borders. The stats show that Republicans are more likely to give to charity and do charitable work.

3. The idea that the judge is a feminist so is likely to give more child support. Are you saying that feminists care more about the welfare of the children than non-feminists? I believe that's a bunch of crap as well. Let's remember there was no alimony allocation in this case, plus the judge ordered the house to be sold within one year and the proceeds to be divided equally between Mike and Karen. I believe the typical story line in LW stories is that the wife gets to live in the house till the last child is 18.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Just as boring from her side.

Neither character was the least bit likable so, meh

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@ThematchthatBurns

The dumb shit says, "If there was any real justice, the bastard child would be taken and placed into an orphanage, with no contact with the 'mother' but paid for by her."

If this sentence doesn't show how fucked up some of the men that troll these LW stories are, I don't know what does. And if you're someone that believes that the above statement is valid and representative of what "real justice" is, then I just hope you haven't procreated and passed on your inferior genetics. My guess is that no woman would have anything to do with you, and that explains why you have so much anger. But then again I guess there are fat, retarded, ugly women with no options that may spread their legs for fungi like him. Being stuck with the bottom of the barrel women would also explain such anger and anti-social outlook.

Is it totally valid for Mike to divorce Karen, yes. Is it totally valid for Mike not to want to talk to Karen again (although not sure how that's possible if you have children together), yes. What Mike ended up doing shows that he is 10 times worse human being than Karen. Even the worst criminals go after child abusers in prison, and what Mike did was child abuse towards junior, towards Savannah, and towards Justin. Savannah and Justin got lucky having him out of their lives. Junior will grow up to be one fucked up individual being FORCED to be with that moron.

A good parent, if he knew he was bitter, depressed, extraordinarily angry would extricate himself from his children until he calms down. Instead what does Mike do? He makes sure that Junior spends all his time around that bitter and angry man away from his siblings, mother, extended family, and friends, thus insuring that he gets full exposure to the negative without any balancing out from positive exposure. He also makes sure Mike is raised in a corrupt country, with one of the highest homicide rates in the world, with limited educational or economic future, etc, etc.

In addition, Mike has at least a 10% chance of dying in the next ten years (the rate is 5% in the US, so doubled it for Mexico, plus he works with his hands and he is male). What happens to Junior if he dies or gets disabled? With Junior having no contact with any extended family he would be thrown into the Mexican foster care system, instead of being raised by another family member. Another example of this having nothing to do with the welfare of the children, and Mike's desire to use Junior to hurt Karen. The children were merely tools for him to get back at his wife. Nothing worse than divorced parents that use the children to score points against the other.

This has nothing to do with justifying Karen's actions. In life ultimately we are only responsible for our own actions. I would have a lot less loathing for Mike if he and Karen were childless and he killed her over her infidelity, than what he did to his innocent children.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
A lot of commenters have said . . .

. . . that neither of my characters, Mike Sr or Karen, was a sympathetic one. That was intentional!

Even though Karen said that she "won" the divorce, there are no winners in a divorce, especially where children are involved. Mike Sr got screwed financially, and did what he could, in the first chapter, to minimize that. Karen got the house, but only after buying out Mike, and she's still stuck with two minor children for whom she has to care, when she has a job which requires three or four days of 12½ hour shifts.

Karen cheated. In her own mind, she could have forgiven herself for a drunken one-nighter, but no, she went ahead and screwed him twice more. Mike could have been more of a man about his children, and even young Justin whom he reared as his own for four years, but was too consumed by anger to do it.

The object was the story, not the creation of sympathetic characters. Mike lost and Karen lost; nobody won here, though Mike expressed some self-satisfaction at the end of the first chapter with how he managed to get things done.

The one paragraph that I thought would generate the most comment has generated nothing so far:

"An affair was really the last thing I wanted. I could excuse myself for a drunken one-night stand, even though I knew Mike would be outraged, as long as it wasn't a real love affair. But, you know how it goes: once you've crossed that line, it's a whole lot easier to cross it again."

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Mr Burns wrote:

"If there was any real justice, the bastard child would be taken and placed into an orphanage, with no contact with the "mother" but paid for by her. The betrayer/s would be forced to pay all the costs of the divorce and unless the injured party agreed, she would have no contact with the legitimate children. At least 30% of her income would be paid directly into a child support bank account for the legitimate children."

Really? You'd have made four-year-old Justin an orphan, when his biological mother and legal father -- who didn't want him -- were both alive?

There were a lot of comments to the previous chapter that criticized Mike Sr for abandoning his daughter, and even a few for him abandoning little Justin, whom he had reared for four years before he realized that he wasn't Justin's biological father. I'm wondering how those commenters would respond to your suggestion that Justin be taken away from his mother.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
These two stories were also a commentary on the family courts

People are outraged at the 'justice' sometimes dispensed by family courts, but the courts aren't there to dispense justice; they are there to enforce the law.

The courts do not work for the people, or for justice; they work for the state. The state has a vested interest in seeing that someone is financially responsible for all children -- trying to keep welfare costs down -- so Mike Sr got what a lot of other men get: a child support order for a child which isn't biologically his. I did the same thing in a previous story, when the step father formally adopted his wife's children, and then was going to get stuck for child support after he divorced her for cheating on him with her kids' biological father (who was an illegal immigrant, and fled back to Mexico once before to avoid child support).

The obvious question: if the biological father is not available to pay child support, is it just to force the legal father, Mike in this case, to pay child support for him? If forcing Mike to pay child support is unjust, then is it just for little Justin to not have a father to pay child support to help make his life better?

The answer is that both situations are unjust, and they are still diametrically opposed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Karen made a big mistake

Mike got his ego bruised and destroyed his children lives. His ego took such a devastating hit that he brought his son to a "sit hole country" (Trumps words) to spite his wife and all of his children. I hope that that wall gets build soon and keeps Mike down there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A realistic tale of family court in America today!

Well written and very close to to truth! Absolute betrayal by a skank assed whore of a wife. She cheated multiple times and gets pregnant and show's zero remorse nor asks forgiveness. She is just another self centered T.H.O.T.! She admitted she was at a party when she cheated and got pregnant...where was hubby? Was he not even invited? How many times was hubby taking care of the kids while she party's and whores around? Then he gets hosed by the judge and you can almost here her snickering? This whore is despicable and she deserves every pain and all suffering she gets! Glad hubby bailed I bet she isn't partying anymore!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not sure you needed to do this.

I was among those that didn't like the unfinished nature of Chapter 1. But this simply rehashed the original story. Yes, you told it from the wife's point of view. But you added nothing new. At the end I couldn't help think of the old sayings - "Daddy's little girl" and "Mommy's boy". Several stories have been written wherein the Father takes the kids and disappears. I've always thought that was a failed plot line. Not because the Father's can't disappear. But I always figured that at some point, the kid or kids would get homesick, call home to talk to either their siblings or their Mother and that would be the death of their hiding. Also, you made Savannah a little too calm. Missing her father and her brother would be traumatic for any child. In the end, this chapter offered no real closure. Where's FTDS when you really need them?

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Reed wrote this because people asked him to. I wish he wasn't catching such static over it, since that was a nice thing to do. It's apparently not much of a story in and of itself, but it wasn't supposed to be. It was written to answer some questions people had about the first story. If you were like me and didn't feel a second chapter was needed, nobody forced you to read it.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Cog

sanman52sanman52almost 5 years ago

There really was no good explanation of why Karen chose to name the child Justin. As others have proposed, it was not random but could be interpreted as disrespect toward her husband, homage to the real father reflecting her emotional attachment to Justin Sr. or just her own sick little inside joke. In any case, if SHE noticed the lack of similarity of Justin to her or to Mike, eventually others would too. Then the name of Justin could make some connect Karen to the deceased doctor Justin Marsh. Picking that name was just stupid.

I assume the author meant the Post Office can deliver on Sunday not Amazon.com since the package contained a letter, although I understand the Post Office can deliver packages from Amazon on Sunday.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
i can"t understand

wife have affair and have another man baby and hubby should go along with it.he did what he had to do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Much better than the score indicates

RR should get credit for exploring a difficult subject. Obviously, this isn't the typical situation with infidelity driven divorce, even in cases with bastard children. But those situations do arise, and in some cases the spouses are to some degree or other like these. The reactions to the piece are interesting. Many reflect the extent to which men's thinking has been conditioned by feminized "family law" codes. Everything that happened to the husband was outrageously unjust. On the other hand, you can't view the husband's actions as being the "optimal" solution either. The real point is that there is no "optimal" solution as the law exists. The feminists distract people from the evil their law does by trying to divert attention to the "children". But they have deliberately created the structural and psychological factors that have contributed to the overall increase in destruction of families. People should be aware, but aren't, that among feminist leadership over the last 60 years at least, the family has been seen by feminist "leaders" as oppressive and in need of elimination, even though the useful-idiot rank-and-file don't know that. In this case, the husband would have endured the injustice of the system if he simply didn't have to pay support for the bastard child. While the courts vary in their treatment of issues like this, some states will impose exactly the kind of gross injustice seen here. The real solution is overthrowing the feminist legal regime, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon because of feminized males. In any event, RR should get credit for exploring the kinds of disasters that "family law" creates, where there are no good solutions.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyalmost 5 years ago
Should have left it alone

This chapter really wasn't needed. Didn't add anything. So, Amazon is delivering mail these days, and on a Sunday yet! Hmm Interesting.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
Two big things missing from Karen's confession:

"I love / loved Mike."

"I regret screwing up my marriage."

This is a genuine case of regretting getting caught, but not regretting the act. It's never said exactly when did it happened (I don't even think she noticed), but it certainly looks like Karen has lost any loving feeling she ever had toward Mike. I mean, even when she planned to seduce him, at their post-divorced date, it wasn't at all HIM, her ex-husband, she was trying to get back, but simply some male's companionship to liven up her now lonely life.

In a way, the lack of feelings here sorta explained why no one in Karen's camp even seems to suggest the idea of counselling - she didn't really act/feel like she did anything wrong here, and sure acted she wasn't that interested in being around Mike anymore - well, not until he really wasn't around, that is. Makes you wonder, though, why the judge did force it on them, though - those feminist liberal types usually are gun-ho about keeping families together, whether they should or not, especially if there's an innocent, yet unwanted bastard to deal with.

In any case... this is one hell of a bitter story, and, really, how else such a mess would have ended out anyway? The Swifts turned out to both be quite unlikable characters who probably shouldn't have been in a relationship in the first place, let alone having kids together. 'Thing is, I may not like Mike, but, at least, I know where he is coming from - his questionable actions were those of a man pushed to desperation, sicked and tired of getting repetitively fuck over by all comings solely for the crime of marrying the wrong woman. But why the hell did Karen do ANYTHING that she did here?

Why did she had an affair with Justin? Because.

Why did she named her newborn after her biological father? Because.

Why did she forced Mike to pay child support on a kid he wanted nothing to do with? BECAUSE.

Fuck, she never really try to mend fences - never did we see her genuinely beg Michael to stop punishing little Justin for her mistake or ask him to try to re-become the only father the kid ever had. At a bare minimum, the woman should have give him at least a "hate me all you want, but please don't hate on your son!!!" But hey - her begging him for anything would have been a sign that she did something wrong in the first place... can't have that happening, can we?

Honestly, this story isn't over; but, whether or not the author actually wants to finish it... And, in a way, I get - there's no way on God's green Earth that this family can become anything less than FUBARed, after all they went through. And it can only get worst - either Karen gets her son back and Mike ends up in prison/dead, or Mike Jr doesn't seen the rest of his family for at least 8 years, if ever. Basically, nothing, but saddest to expect from a continuation. Casual adultery is just not worth it.

I appreciate this follow-up, though, even if I still don't have a clue as to why Karen set herself up to destroy her family. Anyway, this is one of those rare second chapters that makes the first one even better, around here. Not bad at all, author.

red_woodred_woodalmost 5 years ago
Still needs closure

Liked the story, but thinks still requires rounding out.

Mike jr’s feelings?

Maybe 10 year s down the road,

Mike either has to return for something, although may be in legal trouble or the

Alternative where Karen has to go to

Mexico, emergency medical relief where Mike is also in same area repairing damaged......

Anyway, still liked it

Red_wood

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
@ Anon behind "You shouldn't have bothered to write chapter 2 2 stars"

... It took you 10 minutes to read this?

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Really?

I don't understand all the sympathy for the wife. She cheated, she lied about the child's paternity, she actually named him after the lover. All this was ok in her mind because Mike didn't know. Once he does know, she raped him in the courts, forcing him to pay for her bastard. She's angry that he served her at work and embarrasses her.Her first thought is that he upsets her lifestyle because now she has to care for three children alone. It's always about her, and her wants. She doesn't really show much emotional attachment to the children. As written, she doesn't even seem broken over the loss of Mike Jr, just.more concerned with her life, or lack thereof. Mike didn't choose the best solution to his situation, but except for his daughter, it was the only one he had. Much better than what probably happens in real life, a murder or murder/suicide . No winners either way, but in Mike's reaction, everyone at least has a chance.

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 5 years ago
Reed, you should have spent your time elsewhere.

Chapter 1 was just fine. This followed added nothing significant.

You should have stood by your comment @ReedRichards 06/04/19. You said your piece, and should have gone on to something new.

The issues in the chapter 1 comments were the courts and the protagonist. Perhaps describing the details of his legal problems was meant to further your argument, but only the naive will benefit. The rest of the LW crowd will post comments echoing those in chapter 1.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 5 years ago
Pointless

Cheaters always have an excuse for what they did so that they can still face themselves in the mirror every morning.

Naming your bastard kid after your lover is cold. Either she's a moron or she knew how bad it would be and did it deliberately.

She is pretty happy that she screwed her ex into supporting a child that isn't his. Also that she got more out of her retirement fund because the situation allowed her to contribute more. Then she is disappointed that her hubby got a little money out of the house, money that she "could have used". She seems to thing SHE is entitled to everything even though SHE is the one who caused the problem.

Now she is all boo hoo hoo over loss of her son that HER OWN ACTIONS triggered.

Sorry, no sympathy here. The story isn't enjoyable because it is whiny and unjust for the husband.

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 5 years ago
Sheesh

She has no remorse....just a mild sense of regret. So many steps along the way she could have fixed her major mistake...but no. Sure the husband acted like a callous prick. It does not excuse the wife from some modicum of human decency. It is good he is rid of her.

bruce22bruce22almost 5 years ago
It was a tortured piece of writing

I get the feeling that your heart was not in this story. A token effort that leaves me with the feeling that no one really cared about the children which is sad.

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 5 years ago
Hmmm Probably Better Without This one

She came across as devoid of feelings, guilt or remorse. Yes she cried a lot, but not over her guilt, just over getting dumped. The first half of her story, where she dtalked about cheating, she sounded like a man.

She cheated on her husband 3 (times) but maintained an emotional affair long-term, had anothe man's baby and distespected her husband even more by rubbing his face in it by naming him after her lover.

Didnt really add anything or enhance the story.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

To bad he didn't take Savannah too. Let the cheating skank feel the pain.

patilliepatilliealmost 5 years ago
Decent insight into the broad's perspective

but really wasnt as satisfying as desired. No real resolution, beyond what we knew in Chapt 1

schulz777schulz777almost 5 years ago
nothing new,

we already knew from part 1 that she is heartless biatch with no remorse what so ever

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
some said

The wife was a more sympathetic character in this one? WTF? If the adulteress hadn’t been such a cunt in the divorce her kids would still be together. Bitch and her lawyer deserve bamboo shoots. Enjoyed the hell out of it. My only regret is he couldn’t disappear with both his kids. I suppose the daughter would have contacted his ex.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
As Mercutio says...

... a pox on both your houses. This is a gutsy, brutally honest commentary about people's capacity for selfishness and cruelty. No high-minded selflessness from either Karen before the fact or Mike Sr. after. You hit the nail on the head in this all too believable tragedy. A brave and insightful piece that sadly, won't satisfy the basal appetites of all too many LW readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Justice ? I think NOT !

Do Not end this here ! This female (not lady) has not learned anything. There is NO contrition for her actions ! Yeah, Mike may have been wrong for taking his son, but she has shown NO sorrow for putting him into the situation . She does not comprehend that She was in the wrong by cheating on him . Try role reversal , She sure as Hell would Not let him bring another woman's child he fathered into HER house ! And you need the liberal feminist judge to be sanctioned for overstepping her bounds. I don't know if you are a RAAC or a BTB author , but you have not finished this story !

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 5 years ago
RE: johnadp’s comment of 6/11/19

Let me be sure I got this right—you are saying the US economy was better under Obama than it is under Trump—is that correct?

BULLSHIT!

Boy! A democrat is a thing of beauty! And they reproduce—our nation is doomed. The thing that pisses me off most is that when we finally collapse, the liberals, who will be the cause, will not get the blame. Damn!

eightytuneseightytunesalmost 5 years ago
So the kids lose?

Not a good ending. A little guy growing up not knowing where is *daddy*, a daughter wondering where is *daddy*, and the other son wondering where is *mommy*. So much hate. No counselor can fix the hate the husband has? (maybe?) So if there is a chapter 3, it would be about how the kids can have two parents. OR is there a chance for forgiveness? I bet on reconciliation after a year apart.

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 5 years ago
Nothing burger

Part 2 tells us nothing new, except that Karen's internal dialogue is exactly the same as Mike's internal dialogue.

This would have been a much more interesting story if Karen had confessed, apologized, and tried to repair her marriage. But since they share a common brain, there was never any hope of that.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 5 years ago
Didn't really resolve anything

It was better off left to just the one installment. The second installment just made the wife out to be a traitorous bitch. Yeah she cried a lot, but for herself. She seemed to feel little remorse for what she did to her husband. I still like it and rated it 3*s.

FatStratFatStratalmost 5 years ago
Naming the kid after her lover was the worst thing she could have done.

Neither chapter really emphasized what a stunningly bad decision it was to name the kid Justin. Every time the husband heard the name it reminded him of her betrayal. She should have stated that she understood what a bonehead move that was. He or she should have come up with a nickname for the kid to try to avoid hearing it so often.

He also doesn't know whether she got pregnant by her lover on purpose or not.

timrivtimrivalmost 5 years ago

Need a follow up epilogue sort of thing where Mike get’s picked up by the Canadian police after having his son registered in school. He’s turned of the U.S authorities Mike Jr, returned to his mom and he charged with kidnapping and taking the boy not only over state lines but out of the country. His assets are frozen back payments made, all visitation curtailed and he sentence to 10-15 years in prison. Now that would be a realistic ending. He is a total asshat for abandoning his daughter and real child in his reaction a pettiness with Justin. Don’t get me wrong am not condoning her 3 episode affair, pregnancy and especially rubbing Mike’s nose it the situation by naming the child Justin. But he acting far worse obviously he did not have much invested in the relationship.

stinger82stinger82almost 5 years ago
We need a chapter 3

Good story, ReedRichards, let’s tie it all together in the 3rd chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not sure what the point of this story was, but you did a good job of portraying a really weak tepid distant marriage.

First, this was not a story, it was a summary, or a book report. It reads like something that needed to be written, but there was no effort to give it any humanity or personality. She planted a time bomb, set the fuse, then she's all surprised and distraught that the bomb went off? If Mike had not found out about her adultery until after the kids were grown and gone, she would have laughed in his face and told him to kiss off. She'd probably be fucking one or more other people by then too.

With this heartless shallow whore for a mother, its the daughter that is really getting screwed. "How she and Justin handled the hurt, I guess that I'll never know." We can just imagine what kind of values and principles she'll grow up with. Betcha when she's old enough to start fucking she won't forget the condom!

The bastard son should grow up hating both his parents. He will soon determine that his mother's tears are only for herself, and only for her hardship and loneliness. If the stupid whore actually tells the bastard the substance of his creation, a drunken backyard fuck with no love or commitment, he might actually understand why his step-father dumped this soulless bitch and took his only real son with him. It would be the ultimate sweet slap-down if when Justin matures and leaves home, he tells his mother that his first mission in life will be to locate his step-father and his half brother, and apologize to them for his mother's ignorant destruction of their family.

It was a decent summary of what might have been a really compelling and dramatic story, if you had written it. Maybe someday someone will.

oneoldmanoneoldmanalmost 5 years ago
Me Too

I second the remarks by Brian 22, King Bandor, etc. This story still needs a reasonable resolution. Off to Mexico sucks. On the other hand she really a dumped a stinky load of crap on her husband when she could have had some concern for the man she supposedly loved and married. Instead she wiped the dirty nasty stuff in his face. As a mother, she knew who the father was the first time she saw the baby's face. Is there still time to rectify the situation? I hope so! AND SOON!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hopefully chapter 3 will come soon

Yes there must be a chapter 3 set when Mike Jnr confronts his mother and tells her of the life he has lived with his father.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 5 years ago
What makes a father?

If your purpose was to flush out all those unsuitable to be fathers, it's working a treat.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 5 years ago
Didn't expect this from you

Judging from your comments on other stories, I would never have expected this kind of story out of you. First page of chapter 1 was a little boring. Overall the story was good and it got a lot of comments so that would be a success.

Interesting to see who sides with the husband or with the wife.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 5 years ago
@johnadp

Dude look in the mirror. You're the one that's angry af. Judging by your comments you're 10x the worse person than Mike is. "Facts is Facts".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Waste of time

It was her confirming she was a selfish slut and he was a piss poor excuse for a man and father. He had every opportunity to dump justin and take both his kids. I wonder what he had lined up in Mexico to pay the bills.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Several have asked for a third chapter, . . .

. . . because there was no justice and no conclusion in these stories. But sometimes life leaves us with neither justice nor a conclusion. Life goes on, with both Mike and Karen trying to make their ways as best they can, from bad situations.

The part that would satisfy almost no one is that the most justice the innocent parties, the kids, could have would have been for Mike to forget what he now knows, and to have stayed with Karen, whether letting her know he knows or otherwise. I could write that story, and the only reason it would score higher than 1.0 is because that’s the lowest possible score.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@timriv

He went to Mexico, not Canada.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Carolina

I won't claim that the economy was better under Obama.

I will state that it was already growing before Trump took office, and any additional affect by Trump will be paid for by our kids and grandkids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hopefully chapter 3 will do justice

I hope kids get on fathers side & support him. specially daughter and father.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2almost 5 years ago
@reedrichards

wow

why is it called the JUSTICE SYSTEM

the courts are supposed to uphold the law ... not punish the innocent

the way you explain the justice system if you fall into a hole at a burger king and break a leg and god forbid you sue burger king ... then you should pay burger king to fix the hole

why should any man pay for a child that isn t his?

let the woman or the biological father pay for that child

the justice system is there to protect the injured party

try breaking a contract with your cell phone provider and see how justice is served?

make the man pay so that the state doesn t need to pay welfare ... great thinking ..

and we wonder why people take justice into their own hands

there is a woman in florida that receives 3 child support payments from 3 different men for the same child ... at least she isn`t on welfare .. right?

if we can`t believe in THE JUSTICE SYSTEM to protect us who or what can we believe in to protect us ?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Neilnblowme2:

That was a joke, right? You expect the "justice" system to actually dispense justice?

We call it that, 'cause it sounds nice, but the "Justice" system is actually the law enforcement system: it picks winners and losers and attempts to solve disputes without leaving the two parties to resort to gunfights.

Example: two men are arrested for two separate robberies. The first guy was trying to get money to buy some crack, while the second needed money to buy food for his family. The law says that they should get the same sentence, but is that really just considering their circumstances?

And if you think it unjust that the guy who was stealing to feed his family got the same sentence as the crackhead, then what about the victims of the robberies; they lost something of value even though they did nothing wrong?

"why should any man pay for a child that isn t his?

let the woman or the biological father pay for that child

the justice system is there to protect the injured party

try breaking a contract with your cell phone provider and see how justice is served?

make the man pay so that the state doesn t need to pay welfare ... great thinking .."

Yup, that's why that happens: the courts are there to protect the state, and the taxpayers. You say that it's unjust to force the man who isn't the biological father to pay child support? OK, I can accept that. But if -- at least in this story -- the biological father isn't around to pay child support, the state gets stuck with welfare costs; is it just to force the taxpayers, who are also not the biological fathers of the child in question, to have to support the child?

Justice is an ephemeral concept, and people's ideas of justice differ from person to person. In this story, Mike Sr and Karen each had different ideas of what was just, and the commenters in these two stories have as well: many said that it was perfectly right for Mike to do what he did, while others said he was a terrible father for abandoning his daughter, and others said that he should have snatched his daughter as well.

In a story about adultery -- and that's what the LW section is all about -- someone always loses. The stories simply detail who loses, and how much.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@ReedRichards Re: Neilblower2

I think people most vocal about a "broken justice" system understand it the least.

You brought up the example of someone stealing to feed their crack habit, as opposed to feeding his family getting the same sentence. They actually would not, or at least the jury and the judge have the discretion to give different sentences.

Most crimes have many offense levels. There are three main ones, normal, less than normal, aggravated, but within each there are more levels. Then they look at the criminal history. That's why you see a wide range of sentencing guidelines in most criminal cases, example 34 to 80 months. This gives the jury and judge a wiggle room to decide on how aggravated or not the crime was, and how likely the offender is to re-offend. And only certain crimes the lawmakers have completely taken sentencing out of the hands of the judges. In a case where someone was stealing to feed his family the judge can even assign probation or something less than incarceration (electronic monitoring, for example, where the person has to be home after work hours). And, of course, this varies on the state.

I'll give you a case that a very good friend of mine prosecuted years ago and show how valid a verdict is in the eye of the beholder. An old lady making a right turn didn't see the bike hits and kills him. Evidence came up that she wasn't the best driver based on her age and other stuff (I forget what the exact circumstances were now). So the person is dead, his family is in mourning, but then you have an old lady, who also has a family too, didn't act maliciously at all. The verdict he settled with her defense attorney was that she had to give up her driver's license, had to pay for the funeral of the victim, and was put on probation I believe for 5 years. The victim's family actually were fine with the decision ultimately. Some would argue that a human being died. Others would argue it was an accident and could've happened to anyone. He and I talked and debated a bit among ourselves too. Some cases are clear cut and there is a monster who we need to keep away from society, a great many are much more nuanced.

But your point is very valid. Justice is often in the eye of the beholder. For example, in one of Vandemonium's stories he replied to one of my comments to his story that he felt that the justice system in Australia is "loathe" to prosecute women and blacks (which I assumed he meant aborigines). So I looked up the stats to see if his BELIEFS were based on reality. Per capita, aborigines were 15 fold (yes 1500%) more likely to be incarcerated in Australia than non-aborigines, and women's incarceration rate was about 8-9% of the total prison population. Now as far as women are concerned that seems to be the norm all over the world, where incarceration rate compared to men is in single digits (and I brought up the example of the complete matriarchal feminist country, Saudi Arabia, where incarceration rate of women is 6% of the total). I have no idea what the proper rate of incarceration of blacks should be in Australia, but a 15 to 1 ratio tends to indicate that prosecutors are not "loathe" to prosecute aborigine defendants. I'm sure many believe it's way too much and people like Vandemonium seem to think it's too low (if he was even aware of the stats, which I doubt).

Also, one needs to be careful when just reading the headlines of a verdict, they're often sensationalized. One of the few things I agree with Trump is about a lot of the news being biased, either out of laziness of the authors, or because of simple bias or political agenda. If one actually looks into cases and reads case transcripts or looks at all the evidence, one can see how a reasonable jury could reach the verdict they did. Are they always right, of course not, as they are humans. But I think the system gets it right in an overwhelming high percentage of the time, including in this story. Paying a $150 extra for a child he raised as his own for 4 years, and ultimately which would have gone as well towards his two bio children (the mom was not going to separate out what is spent on which child based on the child support) is not such a great injustice in the big scheme of things. What she did to him one could easily argue was not just. What the courts did, hardly either way.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@thecarolinadreamer Re: Economics Under Trump And Obama

First, fiscally I'm right of center, very much a free market capitalist. My degree, from a prestigious university, is in economics (top 3 in the world at the time I attended in economics). My whole career was in investment and finance so I had to constantly read and try to make sense of economic data. Last, during Obama's tenure I was very critical about his economic policies and credit almost all of the good economic positives to Bernanke and what Paulson (Treasury Secretary under Bush) did which included TARP.

BUT, in the story Karen says that her 403b grew greatly after Trump came to office, which factually is not correct. I've been investing in the stock market for nearly 30 years, including owning my own investment brokerage, and investing high net worth clients' funds. During the Obama years the stock market averaged nearly a 15% growth per year, and in the first two years of Trump it has averaged less than 9% per year (you can look up this data yourself easily enough). There are politically biased beliefs and then there are numbers and facts. Facts are facts!

Again, it was due to the extraordinary and immensely creative and courageous measures Bernanke took, and that Paulson stopped the downward spiral (so we wouldn't head into a Great Depression instead of Great Recession).

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
@neilnblowme2

You expecting the justice system to be just that - just - tells me one thing:

you know absolutely nothing of what happened in courtrooms around North America.

Honestly, buddy: "Law & Order" isn't even close to be real life.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 5 years ago
How the conception happened doesn't matter.

The fact that she named it Justin pretty much shows you how she feels about her husband. I do think he should have taken the daughter as well. His rationale about making their child care equal by having each be 100% responsible for one child was about making things legal/equal. This story was about seeking justice, not seeking legal. He should have taken the girl. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 5 years ago
Not needed but good.

This part has got some rough reviews from commenters.

And from my point of view, unjust.

RR wrote a second part, for those who wanted more answers.

We always have those who need more answers.

Where are their thanks?!

The bad part of this part, is it doesn't add anything to the story.

It answers questions but doesn't really add anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was intetional

and the writer had as little interest in writing it

as many of us of reading it.

The good part is, that we get the thoughts of a cheater,

written in a believable way.

A cheater is a selfish person.

We all know that, don't we?

This part was written through the mouth of a selfish person.

Nothing that happened was her fault.

Alcohol made her cheat the first time.

She couldn't find anything to blame for the two more times,

so she skipped answering that.

My favourite was her lawyer demanding

her husband pay support for the bastard.

No reason to mention that he couldn't do that

without her giving her OK ;).

Well done RR!

4 out of 5 from me.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous