All Comments on 'The Palace'

by maddiebarry

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
long game

Much to be discovered and unveiled, it would seem Hoping to read more of this bizarre world, with background and perhaps some fleshing out of the characters. Very intriguing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great

This is a really great story! I hope that you make a sequel.

Taliesin1Taliesin1almost 7 years ago
Well done

Though the story is a little more brutal than I would normally enjoy, your writing is excellent, so you kept me to the end. My only complaint would be the shortage of cultural context, to explain the choice she evidently makes to enter this life of slavery.

Perhaps that will be made clear in future episodes. I do hope you continue this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
One of my favorites

This is one of my all time favorites, and I would love to see more regarding what life in the palace.

The_WatermanThe_Watermanalmost 6 years ago
Good story

Looking forward to the next chapter for explanations and character development.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Huh?

Huh? So the master says to expect mostly pain and pleasure is the exception. What kind of barbaric people has a much greater population of men who would prefer to brutalized a woman than pleasure her? Even in our screwed up society the ratio of sadist to vanilla by far leans towards the vanilla and the sadist who delivers pain, without consent or knowledge that the recipient is a masochist, is even less. There is zero context here. Is this a brothel or a bdsm themed establishm? Sorry but this is like walking into a movie 30 minutes late. Jumping right into only what's happening without any explanation of why is confusing and one dimensional.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I agree entirely with Anon of 02/09/19

Then again if Anon has read anything else of your writing they would see the trend, of misogyny, full of alpha males who can do virtually nothing wrong and when they do they’re rewarded. From what I’ve seen it’s all hypocrisy and contradictory. On top of that it’s peddling the Madonna: Whore Complex hand in hand with social and sexual slavery for women. Still churning out extremist stories seems to pay well as the author is published.

Lol, all that makes me sound like a feminist which couldn’t be further from the truth. I hate positive discrimination it does more harm than good.

Tess (UK)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I don't follow why there is no description of what the handler looks like - weird storytelling to me

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermaddiebarry@maddiebarry
D.O. Wilson Chapter 4 is out! This will be an ongoing series, so keep an eye out for more! If you like my stories, check out my novels, available from Amazon and Smashwords as well as most other ebook retailers. Just search for "Madison Barry" wherever ebooks are sold. If yo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES