All Comments on 'The Perfect Pieces Ch. 01'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This looks promising

and the author has a great track record. I look forward to further chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
good start.

this could be something good. now let Lori off the hook.

DanceswithWargsDanceswithWargsalmost 9 years ago

Yeah, a new Dreamcloud story! I confess that when he doesn't have an active story going, I check in on the Romance section every day just to see if something new has dropped from him.

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
It was just YESTERDAY...

That I was on your submissions page, reading some rare DC stuff from other categories that I had missed, and wondering when I would hear from my favorite author. Then BAM! Today, an new series, and looks like a good one.

I like the easy to digest two pages, but we all know that when it comes to DC work, length is NEVER a problem. Nice characters, always your strength, and I feel that this intro is just fine.

Thanks so much! Hope chpt 2 is tomorrow, as I need a new series to follow....

See ya then! :)

cliqueggecliqueggealmost 9 years ago
about time

Ive been coming back to your page almost every day - waiting waiting,

well come on don't dally get moving - Im sure this will be as engaging as all your stories.

Thank you for the new distraction.

DreamCloudDreamCloudalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Posting

Chapters 1 - 5 have been posted. Everything goes through a review by Lit and no one is allowed to grab a lot of a reviewers time. It is a fair system. I suspect the chapters will post every other day or so. I will add 6 - 8 today. 9-13 are going through one more round of editing and should be posted by the weekend.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
It sounds like posting is a balancing act

Short submissions take very little time to read and the waiting in between can drag on. But too many pages scare some readers off. And once you submit your work for review it is out your hands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
unphased?

I love your writing, but your consistent misspelling of unfazed grates.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Fascinating Introduction

His business is truly special but I do not see where he will get enough customers over time if the city only has twenty five thousand, I can sympathize with his frustrations in the line and with his desire to solve the lady's problem so he can eat. Passing along a favor is always a good idea if they will accept the mechanism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Masterpiece

This is another masterpiece by DreamCloud - I too would like to thank Lori!

Jack99Jack99over 8 years ago
@Bruce22 - re "I do not see where he will get enough customers"

Seriously? Maybe he has an internet connection, and can sell all over the world? Or did I mess something, and this was set in 1940?

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
Bad habit

I usually just go on to the next chapter with multi part stories. Don't rate or comment until the the last piece. Not fair to you or other authors. I'll try to do better but sometimes it's difficult to know if I'm going to like a story with just a part of the whole. Being a great admirer of your work, I'm going to take a chance that I'm going to like it. I don't make a big deal out of commenting on spelling or grammar; not with your stuff. If I really, really like one of your stories, I will probably read the whole thing again. If so, I'll already know what rating to give the pieces.

Horseman68Horseman68about 7 years ago
Intriguing Begining.....

..... to what could be a very great story, by an author whose work I have enjoyed immensely in the past.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

5* I'm here for the re-read.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

MC seems like an asshole, just good enough for fat bitch Tracy

HeartfeltmanHeartfeltman5 months ago

This is my second series by this author and once again, I quickly remember why I'm following DreamCloud. The storytelling feels effortless and the characters are established quickly by gestures and voices that are instantly discernible and unique. Nice start.

Magic_CapMagic_Cap5 months ago

I couldn’t have out it better than @Heartfeltman !

I am always amazed and fascinated by how different and varied the stories and characters of this author are, and how brilliantly they are told.

I can't wait to see what happens next!

5/5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A great start. I like an author who can not only write on different subjects, but also make interesting stories out of them. You have serious talent, friend. Just don't stop writing. Now to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's obvious you're a very good writer, way better than most on this site. I'm looking forward to the rest. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories

The Mountain 
4.89
1.5k
378
The Rehab 
4.91
2.8k
1.1k
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
926
The Promise 
4.9
2.3k
640
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
788
More Stories