The Perfect Pieces Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,637 Followers

"Passion," Amber commented as she finished off my fries. A sly smile was on her lips as she chewed. She was teasing me about my art. I relaxed and smiled back. It was serious only in my head. She reached for her cherry pie and opened the box. "Thank you for this," she said, tipping it to me before she took a bite. Her eyes closed as she enjoyed the sweet processed filling. It must have been a long time since she had eaten a full meal. I was still working on my sandwich.

"I am glad you're enjoying it," I said. I was actually. If you're going to give something away to a stranger, it is nice when it is truly appreciated. New glass and I made someone happy. Not a bad day at all. I went back to my sandwich. I watched her make short work of the pie and sit back sated with a thin smile, sipping on her tea.

"My stomach is happy I ran into you, Mark," Amber said, her tone final as she collected her garbage and part of mine. She leaned back awkwardly and put it in a garbage can that was a few feet away. It would have been easier to just stand up I thought. "Thank you for dinner and I will feed someone else in the future," she said, collecting her backpack and mostly empty tea.

"You have a good night," I said, surprised she was ending the meal early. I figured it would have been a more graceless parting on my part. Amber stood, smiling and went to refill her tea, backpack on her arm. I watched her recap her iced tea cup and walk to the door. She waved with a smile. I returned the same and she was gone.

I spent another ten minutes finishing my meal and thinking of the encounter. I suspected she was in more trouble than she let on. I was proud I didn't pry. I was usually arrogant enough to think I had solutions to everyone's problems. That usually turned out badly, I would feel worse and the 'helpee' would hurt. This way, Amber ended up with a meal she needed, and I had my happy life with new glass. I finished up and didn't refill my soda. Too much caffeine would keep me up half the night.

Continued...

DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,637 Followers
12