All Comments on 'The Perfect Pieces Ch. 11'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
IF, only Ch.s 12 & 13 are left

and IF those chapters are as short as 1 - 11. There isn't enough room left for more zigging, zagging, gotchas, and twists. How about a permanent resolution to the problem known as Pablo, a small addition to the house (with bunk beds), a large glass commission for Amber and Mark to work on together, and dream catchers in all the windows?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm totally bewildered.

And still enthralled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

so whats the next twist going to be...it's too happy ever after at this point....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I really am enjoying this story- it's very well written. I can't help thinking that Amber is a manipulative bitch, and feel a bit bad for Tracy, though.

Bd4554Bd4554over 8 years ago
Intriguing story

Not sure how the author will resolve the threads here in the end, but it's hard to believe that Amber could realistically escape a day of reckoning with the DEA. With Lizzie going to school, Amber couldn't possibly stay hidden from the authorities forever. But, then, this is the world of fiction. In any case, the story is very enjoyable so far.

hpldwghpldwgover 8 years ago
Still Fascinating!

DC--Your story continues to fascinate me. Like other commenters, I don't see much room, with only two more chapters, for a lot of twists and turns. So, I'm with Rightbank, on pretty much all counts, as long as it concludes with "and they all lived happily ever after." Mark and Amber have had such checkered pasts that they are each just partial people, incomplete and sad when they are alone. Together, however, their "perfect pieces" mesh and they have love, completeness and fulfillment. What a wonderful tale! Thank you!

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Good Story

Lizzy is the glue which holds them together from here on out. I still can not understand why she lied about Pablo's death.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
HMMMM

It was getting very intriguing, now it’s just gotten weird.

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
You

have managed to outdo yourself this time. I suspect your insanity is showing. Not that I'm objecting.

Horseman68Horseman68about 7 years ago
So Many Twists.....

..... and so artfully done that the reader does not know what direction the story is going -- disaster or hope -- from one paragraph to the next. A truly devious and enthralling author. One thought is a possible problem arising from Mark having called Pablo on his own phone. We will see.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another wonderful tale from DC...

I've not read this story before so I don't know how it ends, although I'll know shortly. I'm kinda hoping that Amber takes off again, leaving her daughter with Mark. Amber lies too well and too often; she's the flaw in what could be a great family. Lizzy needs a Dad and stability, Amber falls well short of what a Mother should be. Maybe Amber runs away to mess with Pablo again, who cares where she goes just as long as she goes. Maybe the cartel kills her; whatever. Once Lizzy starts school, Mark will be meeting all kinds of women - he'll find someone good among them. Amber is unbalanced and can never be trusted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well, anon 4/3 has a point.......

I was "possessed" by a "witch" for almost 15 years. The sex was fantastic. I can't judge him, I think mine was insane also. Poor Bastard.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago

I don't think I would be very happy with her returning with the kid...lies, and to add to that manipulation with a child would be more than reasonable cause to send her away. Call her out on the request for a train ticket to her mother's, let her see a consequence....for using this guy in a manner that disrespects him, his friends, and puts his life in jeopardy, and makes him look like a fool. This story is mixing the worst parts of LW and romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Possessed may be the right word

Can he even trust anything she says anymore? There's a lot of baggage here. He be happy now but what comes down the road?

I can't believe that he's that experienced and still that gullible

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Don't like this

She claims she loves him but everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie. He keeps giving her chances and she fucks him over at every opportunity while holding a kid up in front of her like a meat shield trying to divert his wrath. Fuck man! Just boot her out the door, call the Feds and give her up. This love thing is supposed to be a two-way street. She's taking up both lanes and driving over everything that gets in her way. Good up to the last two chapters but now all I want him to do quit being a fucked-over pussy and put an end to her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
DAMN

Liked Amber in the beginning... now I Despise her.....so many lies. Mike gave her so many chances yet she kept lying to him....and why did she run away from the hotel? In the end she did what he asked...if she hesitated, then it means she was reluctant about leaving the empire to Pablo...what does this make her? At this point I dont want anything but for her to get killed or something.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Like Charlie Brown and Lucy...she ALWAYS pulls away the football at the last second.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If there is to be a union, It will be up to Lizzy to be the glue that holds it together. She's successful in weaving Mike around her little fingers. He'll also have to add more room to his house for the new family. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

loved the first half of the series, then all the lies amber kept spewing made her seem like a complete bitch. she almost got him killed, and he almost killed pablo for her, and even after that, all she can do is lie. she hesitated when he asked her to give her drug empire up, so she obviously still wants to be involved in it. she uses mark as her human shield over and over, and even then, she lies and says pablo is dead, whilst also using her daughter as an excuse for them to stay. annoying as fuck, mark deserves better

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

My 1st. comment after reading 11 Chapters. Insane or split personality? Very engaging story so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amber reminds me of a guy I used to know. I'm pretty sure his motto was "Why tell the truth when a lie will do". The writing is good throughout this series, but the guy needs to quit thinking with the little head and let the big head make some decisions. Because Amber is about as trustworthy as a sidewinder snake.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

What now?! Next! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nice story, but there are some issues. Every special unit guy learn to develop self-preservation instinct to survive in the dog eat dog world they work in. The ones without that instinct are dead. And that instinct involves alertness, suspicion of the adversary, critical observance of any situation, logical and meticulous planning before moving forward. Granted Mark's instincts may have dulled after 20 years, but the moment he entered the combat zone, his instincts should have returned. Knowing Amber was lying constantly, he should never have fallen for her wiles again so easily. It should have taken a long time for him to trust her again. Instead he seems to be lead more by his dick than his brain. This doesn't gel with his supposed character.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous