All Comments on 'The Perverted Poet Society'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Brilliant! So great to have you back releasing stories. More please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Never fails to please.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 3 years ago

Excellent story, as always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Reading one of your stories is always a sure 5star. Thank you doesn't seem like enough but I offer mine sincerely. Gramps52

Robyn1859Robyn1859almost 3 years ago

Well. Some stories just tickle your fancy and make you happy. Thank you

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadalmost 3 years ago

Wow, one of your best yet. Loved every part of it. My sister does poetry nights and self-publishes and is a teacher. I've been dragged to a lot of coffee houses in support so I can relate. This is your genre. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Brilliant! A beautiful story - thank you.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedalmost 3 years ago

This was a very enjoyable story. Thanks for the cameo appearance of Ari and Dave.

CriosCriosalmost 3 years ago

I've been stuck on depressing Loving Wives stories lately. Thanks for restoring the balance, Q! Beautiful love story!

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 3 years ago

Still a fantastic story, even on my third read! You tell good stories, friend, and I'm grateful that I get to experience them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Love this and your work...so realistic and down to earth. I am wondering if there could be a collection of stories centered around the people involved with Hillary's House?

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 3 years ago

This was such a fun read. Beautiful.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 3 years ago

Great story and loved the cameo.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112almost 3 years ago

Wonderful tie in to "Let Go"! I truly adore and admire your talent which you choose to share with us readers. THANK YOU!

G5902G5902almost 3 years ago

A fantastic story with a nice balance of the good far out weighing the negative life events. Thank You for sharing this beautiful story!

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 3 years ago

What an awesome story, once again! :)

TiredOldMan502TiredOldMan502almost 3 years ago

Amanda / Angela Gorman isn't something that should have slipped past the proofreading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Two in two days. Keep it up. I've enjoyed all of your work.

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 3 years ago

Loved Dave and Ari making an appearance that is still one of the best stories on the sight. This one is good as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a great story, written by one of my favorite authors - edited by another! As someone raised around woodworking this story was even more special. Thank you Q(and Randi) 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyalmost 3 years ago

Happy-funny. Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Finding a new story by you on the site is like seeing a sudden shooting star in the night sky, or unexpectedly turning a corner on the woods path and seeing a deer. Always brings a smile to my face. Thanks so much for writing!

DCCoffeemanDCCoffeemanalmost 3 years ago

A fun read. Thanks…

liquid_yellowliquid_yellowalmost 3 years ago

thoroughly enjoyable!

Wolfden999Wolfden999almost 3 years ago

Love your stories. You are one of my favorite authors. 5 Stars!

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

Well that hit the spot. Great story great writing.

boatbummboatbummalmost 3 years ago
Thanks For This "Feel Good" Tale

I was expecting the jailed ex to be released to provide the drama, but the PE teacher works just as well. ;-)

The only off-note I felt was Jill the English teacher not being aware of the "dark side" of nursery rhymes and fairy tales...but I suspended my disbelief and kept on reading and enjoying the story.

Thanks again for all your contributions here!

drycreeksdrycreeksalmost 3 years ago

Awesome story great work. Keep it up pls n thank u for all ur hatd work n time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just for fun.

In college I learned a way to turn Nursery Rhymes around. You trade off the first letters of the words. The peel throttle logs is a fave, I'll puff and I'll huff and how your blouse down. ( how sounds like blow). Grinder cells and her three snugly sisters is also good.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Your stories are always 2nd to none! Loved the story. 25 stars, lol

JohnD46JohnD46almost 3 years ago

That was a fun read. Thank you. john

Just_John1Just_John1almost 3 years ago

Another masterpiece Q. As always live your characters and I’m always disappointed when it ends, only because I enjoyed the story so much. Thank you for sharing your work.

Jj1

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

One of your best stories ever!

5

rayironyrayironyalmost 3 years ago
Such

tasty verbiage !

dc6370dc6370almost 3 years ago

Jack and Jill went up the hill to have a little fun, but stupid Jill forgot the pill and now they have a son. Sorry, I had to add my two cents in. Great story!

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 3 years ago

Your gift of realistic dialog makes your characters come alive! I don’t usually read romance stories but for your work I make an exception.

redbaron172redbaron172almost 3 years ago

Masterpiece!!! Awesome story.... so good it could be true....

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Another 5 STAR romance!!!! I absolutely love your stories!!!

WordcraftWordcraftalmost 3 years ago

Hickory Dickory dock, three mice ran up the clock, the clock struck one and the others escaped with minor injuries. Another sterling tale with a nice dollop of humor. Thanks!

rlh100rlh100almost 3 years ago

A very nice no-drama romance. It is good to remember there is still good in this world. It does not need to be all drama, all the time. Thank you.

Richard1940Richard1940almost 3 years ago

Loved it. Different, sweet and funny - what's not to like

paulsubpaulsubalmost 3 years ago

Your stories allow me to meet the nicest characters!

Jack Montgomery has a similar business as my own, my poetry skills are non existent!

I have read all your other works and appreciate you for sharing.

rdady1966rdady1966almost 3 years ago

Another great one.

MVarroMVarroalmost 3 years ago

Just great, thank you

Storm113Storm113almost 3 years ago

I've been a fan for years now. Long enough to see you get better and better. You started out good, and now you're great. Thank you for continuing to write stories for us. I really appreciate it.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 3 years ago

This was just fantastic. Long time fan and this might be even better than the Unicorn….thanks for sharing.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 3 years ago

Great story, as always. You would not want to get me started on dirty limericks.........

DeLord12804DeLord12804almost 3 years ago

I stand with many of the commenters on the naughty nursery rhymes, too few and far between. This story was a direct hit into my wheelhouse, Andrew Dice Clay was very popular doing Naughty versions of nursery rhymes in his stand up act, and Isaac Asimov wrote Lecherous Limericks. So you're in good company as far as I'm concerned. Keep it coming, Please!

waifwaifalmost 3 years ago

I think there may have been a paragraph where Amanda Gorman's name was changed, but it was so minor I never went back to verify it.

The only real criticism I can think of was the assault on Jill. It seemed a bit extreme for the character and I felt that having the ex be the one who pops up after being released (and her not being notified because of a screw up) would have made more sense.

Hey, I did say it was the only real criticism I had.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story but someone conecting cleverness with Andrew Clay put me off.

FastEddie2632FastEddie2632almost 3 years ago

Always a great read. I could read your stories again and again. And I have.

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Great story. hard working guy gets gorgeous gal a little intrigue and happily ever after. What's not to like. Always look forward to a qhml1 story. My only complaint is they are so far between. I said it was my only complaint! 😂

Cheers

SAGE

Rogue5512Rogue5512over 2 years ago

A red letter day for me is when one of my favorite authors posts on this site. Your latest story was one such day. Superb! Thank you for your efforts.

RWessonRWessonover 2 years ago

Great story, and you may inspire me to write some naughty nursery rhymes into some future story of mine, if I can ever get them published. 5*

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 2 years ago

What garbage.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding! As usual for this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jumped over the candlestick.

But alas he didn’t clear the flame, so now they call him Auntie Jane.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A Great story. I am running late, late. Late right now but frankly I don’t give a damn. I just couldn’t put it down and pick it up later. I had to go all the way with it and it was worth it. Definitely a Five Star story. Really a Ten Star story but I haven’t figured out how to do that. Yet.

Yanbrun82Yanbrun82over 2 years ago

I've added this to my favorite story list. Superb storyline, very heartwarming and the naughty nursery rhymes had me chuckling while working.. (I work from home). I would give it 10 stars if I could. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

$75 per hour is roughly $156,000 per year. Subtract overhead and the number drops. Minus taxes and it drops even more. So to make $200,000 per year means he was doing a hell of a markup on materials. Not such a great person after all.

As in many of your stories the protagonist never evolves or faces significant adversity and the female love interest is a victim of prior abuse. Getting to be rather formulaic.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 2 years ago

Just when I think I have read the best

Q moves the post again! Wow such a pleasure to read and laugh and nearly shed a tear (I am a father as well). This is why I read on this site so many diamonds in the rough that shine so bright. It is nice to have an uplifting story.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

Q, if I may use the familiar, do not disappoint the hopeful romantics; at least not this one. You have produced some of my favorite human interest stories. Thank you for what you do so we’ll.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 2 years ago

Excellent! 5*

I can't add much to what has already been said. Please keep writing.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Love the naughty nursery rhymes!!!

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

Another really good one. 5*

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 2 years ago

That was a pleasure to read.

Well done, Q, as usual.

burningloveburningloveover 2 years ago

Excellent - Very entertaining! You are very talented!

***** stars!

Burninglove

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How old were the characters supposed to be? It seems odd for a grown woman to scream so hard she shakes the rafters over an offer to see a young poet speak. Same goes for two adults to be in awe of Amanda Gorman's maturity and stateliness when she is 23 irl and I was assuming the two main characters were in their mid to late twenties. I had a difficult time suspending my disbelief once a real person was added to the story because then I am expecting the story and characters to feel that much more realistic. And then once the name switch up happened I had to stop reading because I was too distracted by how unrealistic the story felt.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago

Re: Anon @ $75 Per Hour

You are making assumptions not in the story. How many contractors work only 40 hours a week? I rarely did, then there was a nearly 3 year period when I averaged 72 hours Without weekends being in the mix. When he mentioned the $200,000 per year I took it as it is nearly always given, a gross amount. You adding in items like taxes and overhead show it as net after taxes and expenses. A huge difference in the world of the self employed. Perhaps you also missed where he mentioned what the cost of labor and materials would be on the donated playhouse? Those numbers fall right in line with the norm in our business when I retired a decade ago. Me, I'll take Q's numbers over yours any day.

The only thing I questioned in the story was near the end. Hastings and his wife were at a loss trying to track Jill down from her YouTube channel. I understood that, but the problem is they knew about Jack being the Naughty Nursery Rhyme Guy. It stands to reason that they would have watched at least some of the episodes and since Jack was in a number of them they should have recognized him.

"There was a sweet girl of Decatur

Who went to sea on a freighter

She was screwed by the master

-An utter disaster-

But the crew all made up for it later."

Issac Asimov, Lecherous Limericks, 1975

Probably only long time fans know that IA as part of some 500 books also included 5 on naughty limericks, this one was the first.

It's always a good evening to read another Q offering, with no cheating wife, the MC who takes care of anyone trying to abuse his girlfriend/fiance/wife without hesitation and a happy ending. Randi wouldn't let him get away with anything less satisfying anyway. *****'s Signed: BTW

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Yet another good read...yea..there are some minor glitches....but you achieved the proper suspension of disbelief...to make it work. Great Job from a great auithor

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story, again, Q. Nice to catch up with the Waxmans from ‘Let Go’, again. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Once more, a very good story Q. Truly amazing certainly deserving of five stars. You know it is good when the trolls can only find the stupidest details to whine about! It's a testament to a fine writer and fine editor.

You two make a very good team!

somewhere east of Omaha

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Absolutely loved it, all the right ingredients in the right amounts and in the right places, sadly the shortage of time served Carpenters is a very real problem not currently being addressed in the Western world, everyone wants skilled people, no one wants to pay to train future craftsmen. Loved the poetry, also the fragility of some stupid mens egos, my own sex makes me ashamed sometimes of how we treat Women.

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think I treat myself to your stories at least every six months, not just one - MANY! This one touched me in many ways being a lover of stories, poems, woodworking and construction. My mom fed the first two (she was a teacher) and my dad fed the last two. I am also a fan of the Sears kit homes.

Thank you Q. You help fill many an hour.

somewhere east of Omaha

TrustingagainTrustingagainover 2 years ago

As I have always been a hopeless romantic, “Thank you kind Sir, I can only say thank you”. Definitely one to add to my favorites.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Wow. Wow. Wow.

5-stars & Favorite.

Seghill_ZombieSeghill_Zombieover 2 years ago

Another excellent story, Q. 5*****. It was great to see Dave and Ari Waxman from “Let Go”, again, and references to Ari’s big sister, Marsha, and Dave’s wife, Bev.

One teeny, tiny observation, though: when Jack and Jill first met Dave and Ari at the market, you said that Dave looked too old to have a 9 year old daughter, intimating that he might be in his late forties or even in his fifties. In fact Dave is 41, which hardly seems to fit the bill. We know this from the timeline in “Let Go”:

1 Bev tells us she is 36 when she attends Dave’s barbecue with a view to ending their separation and first meets Ari, who was then 4. This is confirmed later on when she becomes pregnant with Haley at the age of 38, when Ari is “six and a half”. That means that Bev was 32 when Ari was born and is now 41 at the date of Dave’s first meeting with Jack and Jill; and

2 Bev and Dave are the same age! Whilst Dave’s age is never formally stated in “Let Go”, it is alluded to when he and Bev are watching Marsha, after Bev has sorted out her hair and makeup. Dave muses whether they were ever that young, to which Bev responds that one of her fondest memories was when she and Dave had their first kiss when “WE were nineteen”

Ergo Dave is 41.

Just a small aside, and one that doesn’t detract from an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jill seems like a secretive, bossy bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

On the topic of habit for humanity and your comment re "when it needed three nails she'd use six". A friend who works with Habitat for Humanity in Florida told me that after one of the hurricanes (forget which one) their houses were still standing when others were just so much kindling for exactly that reason. Their volunteers would use too many nails - sometimes over exuberance and sometimes because they were nailing by hand and bent a nail before it was all the way in. Regardless of the reason it mean their houses stood up when others didn't.

On a related note - speaking to a Risk Manager from an insurance company I was told that simply using slightly longer nails (as in an eighth of an inch longer) could mean the difference between a house withstanding a storm and being destroyed.

simpletxboysimpletxboyabout 2 years ago

Seriously another great story in a line of great stories! Well done! I give it 5 stars only because I can't give it 50!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A very very nice story, certainly worthy of much more than the five stars allowed. I often comment about wanting more from a story, especially if I think the ending was too abrupt. This story had, in my opinion, a well thought out, well executed sensible ending. But I really wanted more of it. Jack and Jill’s romance just seemed so perfect I wanted it to keep going.

Thanks for another great story, Q.

Dee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very very good, really enjoyed the fact that it wasn't just a romance but had some drama. 5* and favorited.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 2 years ago

Literotica is a fairly big place, I'm sure there would be room for some Naughty Nursery Rhymes. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it! Not just a happy ending, but a lovely tale all through!

Jim

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

nice story, needs a better spell check/grammar checker but that didn't take away form the story, It's a shame there people in the world like some in this story, abusers and assholes but there are a lot of good people to.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Have to say that I loved the story.

Amanda Gorman's name seems to have been changed in the middle of the story - sometimes she's Amanda, other times she's Angela.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Great story! Enjoyed it very much. Thanks for writing,.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yeah!!!!!

But most of all, "It's just asphalt. It has no responsibility for the assholes who have walked on it."

Good one. Perfect for a T-Shirt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

For those who may not follow poetry Amanda Gorman is a real and well respected poet and activist. I admire the detail and varied subject matter that Q uses in his tales. Randi adds polish to an already quality gem with her editing. I would be proud as hell if I could produce a story half as good. Thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It's funny with stories. Sometimes they're rubbish and sometimes they're nice!

I think it's an imitation of life, and it depends on how you make your slice!

This time, it appears the knife did a fine job of finding meat near the bone!

No need for this author to expect less than five stars, and no need of a clone!

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonalmost 2 years ago

A pleasant change from cheaters and slime balls

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Q, you never cease to amaze me! Great!

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Thank you.

Geo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Undoubtedly worths 5 star review or better.

For basically a simple story of two people falling in love it quickly became a page turner demanding tone read. Well done.

Bill S.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8946 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories