All Comments on 'The Pitcher'

by DavidPatrick

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
MrsgnomieMrsgnomieover 5 years ago

My stomach was in a knot the whole time. Amazing writer. Heart wrenching. Real, but so incredibly heart wrenching

Starrynight22Starrynight22over 5 years ago

This wasn't at all what i expected at the end. Im glad matthias got married because he deserved more than Cal could give. Amazing journey. Sad but fulfilling

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This was heart breaking but I tortured myself by continuing reading it and loving every minute of it. I'm really glad they didn't end up together because I really felt for Matthias and I didn't demand Cal as worthy of him. His reaction at the situation being exposed was expected and in a sadistic way, was what I wanted because I perceived it as the wake up call for Matt. Cal sure loved him but loved himself more.

I really enjoy your writing and I don't remember I story adidn't like from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

@davidpatrick Your work slays me. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story as usual, but...

as usual follows the same theme of great love and loss because one guy is hiding and the end is again rather hurried. I am curious about your personal experience, leading you here...

Beautiful, hot and heartwarming, though! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
AMAZING story

Started reading before I went to work this morning. Literally all day kept thinking I can’t wait to get home and finish the story. Great writing as always from the author. Keep entertaining us with your works

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 5 years agoAuthor
Alternate Ending

So . . . . the first ending I wrote didn’t resonate with me for some reason. In it, Mattie Joe called out Kate for tricking Cal into marriage and insisted they had both gotten what they wanted out of the marriage, her a trophy husband and Cal a beard. She relented, and they parted amicably. And, Cal embraced who he was, not who he thought he should be, and he and Mattie Joe lived happily ever after. But . . . . It just seemed to tidy and unreal. So, I scuttled it in favor of one that seemed more real, albeit with Mattie Joe enjoying a happily ever after.

Reader777Reader777over 5 years ago

A wonderful story , I couldn’t put it down until I finished. But my heart hurts too much with the ending. I know you said Matthias was happily married now but the heart ache in between hurts. It is the right ending never the less. A very moving and well written story as yours always are. Thanks again for writing for us.

mfa607mfa607over 5 years ago

Wow! First off, I agree with the others, fantastic story! What a tangled web!! I’m glad Matthais found happiness though. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ha

Wonderful story my life in words !………

loverofbksloverofbksover 5 years ago
Fuck!!!

Reality sucks. I wanted the happy ending...but just like with Nicholas Sparks i cant help but applaud the amazing story I just read. I loved it, can't wait to see what you post next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful story as always, David Patrick!

Achingly bittersweet plot. I love your writing style: mostly short, simple sentences. Dialogue the same. Please, please, please continue to contribute here on Lit. Your stories are among the very best in this genre on this site, and certainly the best, in my mind, of what has been on offer for the last several months. We thank you and appreciate you.

OpenthedooragainOpenthedooragainabout 5 years ago

Great story, and I agree with the other comments....life can be a tangle

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What??

I’m super confused that you made Matthias the same Matt from the Summer story in which he fell in live with his “cousin” John Mark. As was clearly pointed out, this was the same character, yet the two stories conflicted. Matt and John Mark made a life together for over 30 yrs, raising Travis and having a family and HEA (per that Epilogue). This story - which spanned at least 12-15 yrs could not have happened to that Matt. Please explain why you’d tie the two stories to the same character when they clearly could not have both happened. If they are two separate stories, why use the same main character and even layer in multiple references to Billy Jack, John Mark, cousins, etc???!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I just don’t get your fixation with awful endings, seriously...

DonksterJDonksterJalmost 3 years ago

You could’ve written two endings & given readers the choice of which one to go with 😆

But, I do seriously love your ability to tell a story & no matter how much being ‘gay’ is more acceptable & this was written a while ago.. no doubt there are probably endless amounts of peoples in this situation even today….

zack1614zack1614almost 3 years ago

The Drake Hotel in Chicago only has 13 stories...

WMLA44WMLA44over 2 years ago

Wonderful story and very well written. Americans hate sad endings, even though they know that life is filled with sad endings. Our lives maybe sad, but we want happiness in our movies, our TV, our internet and in the stories we read. Well done! Keep writing. You are a good writer. Good Luck!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

To be young and let someone slip away, I often think of what if, we would have played our cards differently. However today’s world (2024) is more acceptable to being gay than the 80s. I often think of him while the wife is in the other room as I think of the good times that we had and let it slip away. I talk to him a couple times each year and text from time to time. But we both have wives and kids (he 3 girls and me 2 boys). I am hoping that in another life we meet again and have a 2nd chance. Thank you for the great story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous