All Comments on 'The Porch Wolf Ch. 41-50'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
tattooed_cowgirl15tattooed_cowgirl15about 4 years ago
Worth the wait!

As always wonderful writing. I may have to re-read it later in bed tonight

DrakuluDrakuluabout 4 years ago

Just keeps getting better and better,

LiterKnightLiterKnightabout 4 years ago

I'm fairly sure that botulinum toxin (which can cause the disease called botulism) doesn't work that way. It's not a 'oh, no; go grab the anti-toxin and the victim will be fine' it's more of a 'oh, no; go grab this potential treatment and maybe they'll live if they didn't get dosed too heavily' (though I'll admit to not being an expert and being unable to find anything more recent than 2018). Honestly, I can't find any info on how fast nitrophenyl psoralen works against botulinum, but I imagine it would take some time to reverse paralysis. Other than the fact that I'm a bit of a know-it-all with random, slightly obscure knowledge sometimes, everything was great. I love your writing and can't wait for what comes next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Love and hate!

I love you writing and I love this story! BUT I HATE cliffhangers!! LOL!! Please keep writing the suspense is agony, but the revelation is devine!

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarabout 4 years ago
re: LiterKnight

My guess, being another "knows a lot about random useless crap but not enough about any one thing to be proficient or an expert" type of person, would be that you would get the antitoxin administered, then hook the person up to a cardiopulmonary bypass (often referred to as a "heart-lung machine") to take the place of the paralyzed heart and diaphragm to breathe and pump blood until the antitoxin can rid the botulinum toxin from the patient's system.

You would have a lot of seriously tired EMTs, nurses, and doctors with aching arms after having administered CPR until they could get the patient into surgery to hook up the machine. Assuming the patient survives, (s)he would have a few broken ribs, a nasty scar along their sternum, and would feel like complete crap for quite a while.

As for the story? It just keeps getting better and better. Please keep writing, and please try not to keep us hangin' for too long. This story is just so easy to pick up again without having to read the last page or two of the previous part because you make the action easy to follow and the characters impossible to forget. That really is some kind of amazing talent, because there are only a few stories out of "lots" that I am following that I can say that about, and some of them are written by the same author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

While it is a departure from your normal werewolf universe, I am enjoying this story immensely. I wasn’t so sure about it at the beginning. But, it just keeps getting better and better as the story goes on.

SwifthawkSwifthawkabout 4 years ago
Thank you so much!

In these times of heing stuck at home, thanks so much for keeping me sane with your writing. As always, a fantastic chapter.

When they were explaining that wolves were wolves an idea came to mind. I think a great story could be written with the wolf becoming human. With your ability to write fantastic stories on various where mythos, I think you could do something really different. Anyways, something to think about.

Thanks again and eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Swithawk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Empire

I am truly enjoying this story, for 2 very GOOD reasons. First, it's a good story. Well written, good character development, the writer makes us care for and be interested in his characters. The story has enough twists and turns to most readers coming back ( except Mr. I hate cliff hangers).

The second reason is I raised my daughter in that area. Empire to be exact. And I have eaten at most of the restaurants and been in the business he talks about and have driven those same roads a hundred times. Speaking of Empire, it's to bad the author doesn't mention the long gone Empire Supper Club. That was a damn fine restaurant and a stop over for the snow mobile clubs back in the day.

For me I love this story and it's make better for me to be able to see and remember all the local locations he uses.

So to wrap up, KEEP UP THE DAMN FINE WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
More

Cant wait till the next set of chapters love all your work cant stop rereading it all love the world you have created. Sincerely Dragon

JulielleJulielleabout 4 years ago
I have loved this story. It’s different than other ones of yours I’ve read but wonderful. I feel such a connection with Olivia Vicki and Leo. I was a single parent and I think that’s the reason. If you don’t mind, I’m struggling with the covid 1

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 4 years ago

"we put on our sad panda faces " Either I'm drunk as heck on a Monday nite or that's funny as hell. Or perhaps both. You always deliver the drama, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Quietly screaming "No,No,NOOOOOOO!"

Quietly screaming "No,No,NOOOOOOO! Freaking cliffhanger!" But secretly loving it!

ThedonchardcastleThedonchardcastleabout 4 years ago
Great job

Again you put together a great story. Waiting for the next installment of the The Porch Wolf.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Another...

...cliffhanger to another wonderful story. I had left behind the last installment of the Treasure series as waiting for new chapters was frustrating me and raising my blood pressure, lol. Having finished that series a couple days ago, I started this one. Silly me saw "5 part" story and five chapter postings; I was all set! Too late I remembered what a great storyteller you are and realized there was more to come. I cant wait for the next installment!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
PLEASE BE QUICK!

\I hope you are working on the next installment?> I am checking everyday especially now I am at home all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Augusta Georgia

Thank you for including (my home) the tiny city of Augusta, Georgia in your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really you have death hanging over people but talking about cake? I don’t believe anyone would be able to eat in this situation

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Great story, but violence to a 5yr old? I don’t want to read about that, otherwise a good chapter.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Another excellent instalment. Enjoying your story telling once again.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 2 years ago

Wow! Even knowing the death was a fake, it was very emotional for me. Just go to show that a story doesn't require nonstop sex to be good.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

How stupid is that council anyway? Leo, Liv and Sharkbait had just been attacked twice and the police knew about it. How did they plan to fake their death or disappearance without having FBI starting an really thorough investigation?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES