The Predators Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Would you? That would be incredible. I would owe you bigtime." Shit. Why had she just blurted that out??

"Glad to hear it. Are you ready for me to name my price?"

Fay covered her phone's speaker with her hand and gently knocked her forehead against the refrigerator door. Dammit, why hadn't she just kept her mouth shut? He would have named a price either way, but phrasing it the way she had -- she was asking for it, and she knew him too well to think that he wouldn't take full advantage of her.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she said.

"Good, because my price is you."

"Excuse me?"

Mason, her ex-boyfriend from high school, a man both with a darker side and a loving side, repeated what he had just said.

"My price is you." When she didn't know how to respond to that, he pressed on. "As much as I want to help you nail these freaks, this is a serious risk to me. Poking around, asking questions, could get me killed. If I'm going to risk my life, I want the risk to be worth it, and YOU are worth it."

"Mason, I have a boyfriend," she reminded him, her voice stern. "Cut the BS."

"No BS. I've named my price. I want you, for three nights, in my house, in my bed. You'll do whatever I say, no exceptions."

Fay laughed, but her stomach clenched, and not in a good way.

"You can't be serious."

"As a stormtrooper," he said, his geeky side showing through. "I think it was a mistake, you breaking up with me. Give me a chance to prove it, no holds barred. You and I have always had insane chemistry, Fay. Let me show you what we could be together. A lot has changed since we were teenagers."

"You...no, this has to be a joke." Yet deep down Fay knew it wasn't. Mason had always been a man of fierce intelligence, unpredictable and willing to take bold, even outrageous moves. His supreme confidence often bordered on arrogance. It was why he didn't mind associating with criminals and yet somehow stayed on the right side of the law. She also knew that his sexual proclivities were as dark, if not darker than hers. It was what had made them incandescent as a couple, but it was also what had driven them apart back in college. She couldn't risk it, not given what she already had with Alexander.

But then the faces of her two victims, Ranesha and Jessica, appeared out of nowhere in her mind's eye. The sooner she got that intel, the sooner those two bastards would never, ever be able to hurt another human being. Was the loss of three nights of freedom a fair price to pay for saving lives? She already knew the answer to that. And whatever lingering hurt feelings she harbored toward Mason, she still trusted him...cared about him.

"If I say yes to this ridiculous arrangement, you will get me those two names?" she hissed.

"I swear on my life."

Later, as she swiped off the phone, Detective Fay Gracey couldn't dislodge one recurring thought from her head.

'Oh god, what have I just agreed to?'

END OF PART 3...TO BE CONTINUED

~~~~***~~~~

I hope you enjoyed Part 3 of The Predators. I am planning two more chapters, and possibly a third, to complete the story. Suggestions or ideas always welcome. Remember, don't be afraid to indulge your dark side :)

~gaggedKitty

12