All Comments on 'The Queen of My Heart'

by scipioparkins

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AlwaystabooAlwaystabooover 5 years ago
Wonderful story of love.

Extremely moving, such a beautiful story of loved. The erotic buildup was am as it developed throughout the years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful

This is storytelling at its finest. It tells of honesty, respect, friendship, love, and passion with nuanced portraits. It rather reminds me of folklore and the oral tradition of storytelling. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A fine line, between fantesy, and reality!

I really enjoied the story, and it does not seem, to make incest, a dirty act, only the natural outcome!

prop69prop69over 5 years ago
One of the most loving and beautiful stories.

AWESOME story of love and devotion.

None better

maxx308maxx308over 5 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 5 years ago
Well done

Since you didn't italicize or add an extra space, a break marker for when your intro ends is always nice. Mentioning Dan lived with his daughter before she was even a gleam was premature and confusing to a decent short description of his life and relationship with his kin and neighbors. On the whole I enjoyed it immensely. I thought italicizing Lara's speech to Annie at the end wouldn't have been amiss, adding to emphasis to Lara's disembodied inquiry to her daughter for Dan to hear. Taking place on Samhain, it was perfectly in line with what had happened before.

Dan's caution and Lara's promise to do no harm was spot on. Mayhaps she was a gentry or even noble seelie fay of the Tylwyth Teg? Though the Tylwyth Teg and Aos Sí were less clearly divided between light and fell.

All women have a bit of the Glamour about them, and being half-fay, Annie used her greater share of the craft to enchant Dan to seeing what he wanted to see until the deed was done. That, too, was well done.

The late Katherine Briggs may have been shocked at the tale, it also is in line with the deeper, earthier tales of faerie she wrote about where humans were casually enslaved or murdered on a twisted whim or perceived slight. Some hold that the fay view family ties so strongly that incest is anathema. Others say that to such long-lived beings, kinship is just a bit of extra emotional tangle to enhance the sex after hundreds of years of casual coupling, because being so long lived they feel nothing too deeply or strongly (a defense to keep them being overwhelmed and going mad from too much life experience). Those of the unseelie tribes would no doubt concur that siblings are more trustworthy and bed games are a nice reward for family loyalty.

Faerie were known to kidnap mortals for their processions to visit their neighbors or vassals, but more often for their rades where they played ball games or fought battles, and needed a human, or rather the blood of a human to ensure victory over their rivals. The poor human often perished at the rougher, oft crueler hands of their hosts. If you don't believe in the fay, it was a way perhaps for humans to explain the discovery of battered bodies of strangers discovered in fields and woods. Villages tended to be insular and self-supporting, and it was common for someone to live their entire life within a dozen miles of where they were birthed. But I digress.

Excellent story. With Dan being so famous, though, makes any children problematic. Thank you for sharing. 5* Slainté

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftover 5 years ago
That was amazing

So much in so little.

Simply beautiful writing.

Thank you so much for this.

SimonWolfeSimonWolfealmost 5 years ago
Wow (awed whisper...)

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dr beulahthemick; Well, I started with `Rogeringham' a few days ago and since then have read all of your postings and I must say I have been most impressed, but in my mind this quite short story, far, far outstrips all of them. You, sir are a very talented and imaginative author and I for one would certainly purchase anything written by you, well done. 5 stars naturally.

Foxterot7aFoxterot7aover 1 year ago

This is probably the most emotionally sensual love story (incestuous or not) that I have ever read. For such a short story, I can not believe the author's ability to so deeply develop and describe the father's love, spiritual and emotional connection to his "wife" and his daughter. Putting myself in "Dada's" place when he realized he had just made love to his daughter, I honestly felt the initial betrayal of trust, heart break and horror of the magnatude of his error. To psychologically and emotionally need and love someone so such that the mind accepts that the "wife" has returned is beyond my comprehension, unfortunately. 5 star story written by truly talented author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Filler

Aussie1951Aussie19517 months ago
Beautifully written

Foxterot7a your comments were spot on. Plus I thought the ending was brilliant. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This story needs part 2.

scipioparkinsscipioparkinsabout 2 months agoAuthor

"This story needs part 2."

I agree.

However it was originally written for a Hallowe'en contest so had to be a stand-alone. And to be honest, I don't want to muck about with it because I like it as it is.

I have had ideas about the world where it's set, several in fact, but nothing that works the way I want it to.

So may be not a part 2 but possibly a 'spin-off'.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userscipioparkins@scipioparkins
Thank you to everyone who has read, favourited, voted and commented on Rogeringham. If you haven't yet done so, go and check it out. I am also looking at finishing some other stories at the moment, including two - count them - 1, 2 - more chapters in the Inheritance saga!