All Comments on 'The Rembrandt Legacy'

by Blind_Justice

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Yes Yes yes

Definitely a winner...

Superbly written, great sci-fi

EtaskiEtaskialmost 6 years ago
This is easily one of my favorite space romps, ever

I enjoyed your initial introduction of Rem as a character immensely. Vivid and detailed and eager to see where it was going.

But this is the moment you won me completely for the long-haul, B_J:

Praecor: "About two weeks worth of high-vitamin and high-carb diet should get you back on track. If you experience any issues while on board this ship, don't hesitate to call on me. Oh, before we go, do you want a contraceptive shot?"

Rem: "I raised an eyebrow. "That's a rather personal question, doc."

Praecor: He snorted. Was that his idea of a laugh? "I know the female members of this crew well enough."

YES!! XD Rem's gonna be the new hottie on board!!

But seriously, Firefly meets Babylon 5 meets Star Trek and more, with a cohesive, detailed, immersive world with a flat-out fun variety of characters who make a good crew. You also made the most familiar species/character, Rem, the "average human" with a special talent, quite alien to the other crew members to the point where I could only appreciate him more and more as the story went on. :)

I want to see more of these guys!

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justicealmost 6 years agoAuthor
@Etaski

Thank you,

for your comment and help both. You know how close this monster was to being shelved. Sometimes it takes a good support team to keep the author in the game and boy am I glad I had said team on my side this time. I would have eaten my heart out if I had missed this, all the frenetic back-and-forth, the mutual cheering and of course the extra eyeballs. Even though "Maria" can go suck a dick. Not mine, preferably :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You write very well.

But what's up with lily? He saved her life in the club and she rewarded him by brainwashing him to suck dick.

Thats.......fucked up.... Rem let her off the hook way too easy.

At the very least he should shame her from time to time.

Like bring it up whenever he wants something or whenever they argue...

Not bashing your writing or the story necessarily...

I just can't help disliking lily..... a lot..... And your main boy just taking it was a turn off.

Other than that unpleseantness the story was great.

I would read a sequal.

GaobotGaobotalmost 6 years ago
Best ever

This was awesome! You totally cannot leave this universe or characters alone. Incredible!!

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 6 years ago
Epic

That was quite an epic tale and I am not sure I could take it all in on a first read. There was depth in character and scene that calls for a reread eventually. There were several spots that made me laugh and few squick factor spots but I liked the crew a lot as another commentator said, its sort of had that Firefly vibe.

Good job.

Gremlin078Gremlin078almost 6 years ago
Great read!

Enjoyed this one a lot. Great characterization. Fun and entertaining, more please..

MisterWildCardMisterWildCardalmost 6 years ago

Neat stuff! I'm very interested in the world-building you're doing here, to the point that I enjoyed the SF elements more than the sex -- not that the sexy stuff was in any way bad. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks for an impressive story.

I liked the complexity and drawing out the characters. Your quips were also very good and well timed. A bit of humour never goes astray in SF.

Well edited as well and I'm grateful for that.

If I had a small issue it was probably the size of this episode. You might have done just as well with this as say three parts. It was very enjoyable but there was a lot to take in.

Great work, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great Universe

Inspired somewhat by Mass Effect I assume? Regardless, really great writing and an awesome universe plus spiced up in the right places.

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justicealmost 6 years agoAuthor

@ Anon "Thanks":

One of the stipulations in this event was a "no chapters" rule. The stories had to be self-contained (although hooks for sequels were fine, that's what I did in the end). If I hadn't been hit with some health-related issues, it would have been an even longer novel. Well, now I have enough material for a guaranteed sequel and seeing the reactions to this chapter, a sequel is only sensible.

@ Anon "You write very well":

Lily did not "brainwash" Rem to suck cock, she nudged him into that threesome. If you want to blame anyone, blame Padari for being a bit too eager. There's no need to shame anyone. Rem has made his feelings pretty clear AND he made sure Lily won't be able to pull that kind of stunt any more on him. Anything beyond that would be petty and hypocritical.

@all commenters: Thank you for the feedback. If you like what you've read in "The Rembrandt Legacy", check out my "Fading Stars" story. It takes place in the same universe and it has cat girls and tentacle sex (should that be an incentive for you).

Gregorius_LightmouthGregorius_Lightmouthalmost 6 years ago
Wonderful!

This was a lot of fun for me. Had the right amount of character interactions and plot development. Add to that the very interesting universe which made this vibrant and colorful. I'm really glad you are planning a sequel, I'm looking forward to it!

Going forward maybe the focus could be a little bit more on character development? It seems to me that there's plenty of interesting material with the budding relationship between Cosina and Rem, his insecurities from being a "freak" all his life and his growing confidence in his abilities. Keep up the good work!

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 6 years ago
Over-stuffed in the best way.

This reminded me of those 90's tabletop RPGs that were all competing to be crowned "D&D in space" - the ones that mashed together every kind of sci-fi and space opera so that a GM could pick and choose to create the universe they wanted. Of course the players always dumped everything into the mix, whether it fit the GM's vision or not. At least my game group did. Light sabers and powered armor and transporters and psionic powers and combat drugs and cybernetics all mixed up together.

Your story actually worked better than any of our games ever did. And it had much better sex. The only thing I can recall reading that's mashes up genres as well as you do is Cary Caffrey's "The Girls from Alcyone". And again, yours had better sex.

Alice_RosaleenAlice_Rosaleenalmost 6 years ago

What a wild ride of sex, tech, fighting and more sex! Rem, Lily and the rest of the crew were a great cast of characters that were alien and relatable at the same time. And I liked the way you describe Rem's 'technomancy' abilities. It didn't quite have the tight plot arc of a short story, but I could see by the end teaser that there's more to come. Possibly space pirates...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great

fucking story. Hope you write more - love all of the effort and world-building you put into this.

BadBardBadBardalmost 6 years ago
Fabulous job!

Marvelous job of blending sci-fi, politics, action, adventure, and xenobiology!

Fascinating, worthwhile characters...not just one or two, but a whole suite of them! I laughed, I cheered, I cried...okay, not really, but you get the point!

You left plenty of hooks for backstories and sequels. Hope to see more.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 6 years ago
Outstanding!!

Wow what a great story. You’ve built such a great world and characters that it would be criminal, lol, to let it end:) Hope to see much more!!

Thank you:)

LixxaLixxaover 5 years ago
Really nice

Hoping for the sequel here, please

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Noice.

Hey, just wanted to drop off a message to say, great characters, great story. I am totally rooting for Cosina and Rem to become a more exclusice item with the odd sexual excursion they can do together, and my man, pleeeease make a sequel! Loved this.

imaginativebiguyimaginativebiguyover 5 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable

Great writing, great plot, great erotica. Not much more to say. I'd love to read more from your hand.

Crusader235Crusader235about 5 years ago
Geek

Wow Geek and space overload. Lots of my favorite things, danger, fast space ships, beautiful Aliens, oh and some badass bad guys. Excellent adventure. Five Stars! Can't wait for more!

testdrivertestdriverover 4 years ago
Rembrandt Legacy (all chapters)

Fucking excellent .

FbjsFbjsalmost 4 years ago

I read Express Delivery first and I'm happy to see this story is just as good. Best part is I have more stories to read in this same sexy hot universe! Many thanks <3

SecretLover32501SecretLover32501over 3 years ago

Fun!

That was the best sci-fi story I've read in a loooong time. Good characters, good action, fun, and a hint of more to come.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlind_Justice@Blind_Justice
896 Followers
I have just uploaded the next - and final - chapter to "Mud & Magic". Should be live in a couple of days. Can't wait to hear your opinions on it! Just a quick heads-up to all my new followers: If you want to know what I'm up to, don't hesitate to visit my Patreon at https://...