All Comments on 'The Repurposement Of City Waste'

by partygirldulce

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Where's the story?

I think it's a good intro. Good idea, I like calling the women "it" and whatnot - dehumanizing them a bit. I'd switch between characters less frequently, let them DO something before changing POV rather than just alternate every paragraph. It's a decent start, but it just stops so abruptly - seems like the middle of a paragraph. There may be a chapter 2 on the way, but with the way this ended I don't feel any need to read on. I'd continue from here, finish the paragraph and give the reader reason to continue. Perhaps change some of the paragraphs around so it flows a bit better and follows each character for more than a couple lines so it's less choppy. But again, decent start - keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good start!

I agree with the previous comment. Do you have more chapters in the works?

MichelMabelleMichelMabellealmost 9 years ago
Agree with previous comments

The back and forth between the different characters with every paragraph is off-putting. Spend a little while with each man/woman. Let the reader get into their head a bit. You don't have to give us everything for each of them, but at least let us start getting acquainted with them. Right now, it's just back and forth between these two men (and one woman, the doc) that we have little investment in, and that's not going to keep readers coming back for more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous