The Rescuer Bk. 02 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I see three soldiers bolt for snowmobiles. I get one, and someone else got the other two.

I give two orders, "I want the helicopters brought in, and I want to go back home. I'm sore and need a pain killer."

As soon as our helicopter landed, Porsche took over, and Bonnie grabbed my hand forcibly. She pulls me inside the helicopter, and then Phil got in plus some of our team. Fine, they can drop me off at home. We zoom past the house.

Before I can say anything, Bonnie squeezes my hand and says, "We're diverting this flight to take the boys home first. Then I want a second opinion on your shoulder. You should not be feeling any pain now."

We go in, I'm looked at, they perform a minor surgery immediately. Was it serious? No, the doctor wanted to finish quickly because he had a date. They drugged me for a few days, and then I finally start remembering things again. I find out it was a simple hostage situation, they wanted money and hated us because we have caused them so much trouble. It was personal.

Chapter 11 -- More Fun

Now that I am healing again, I get more attention. Phil is in charge still, and the girls are running missions. Dad and/or Phil go on the more dangerous missions. In each case, dad and Phil stay back and let the girls work out the problems and complete the missions. Bubba and I being out of commission, are forcing them to complete their missions, and it's increasing their self-confidence.

No injuries, I couldn't be happier. They kept me in the hospital for a month while Bubba was out in just over two weeks. Bonnie, Porsche, and Pam are frequent visitors. The whole team will stop by occasionally just to say hi.

When I am released, I feel great. I need some physical therapy to work out the stiffness, but otherwise, I am okay. Our first mission is to return a run-away private. Technically, he broke some rules and is in trouble. They are more worried about his health. He left without a jacket. With being winter, he could die soon. They think he has several layers of hoodies on, that will help a lot if he stays active.

It's noon, we have good lighting, he left good prints in the snow. We put on our cross-country skis, and off we go. We are spread out well with me in the middle. They like me for tracking, but really, anyone can follow this trail. I slow down.

I ask Bonnie to come to me, everyone else stops.

I ask Bonnie, "Can you follow these tracks?"

Bonnie's response is, "Oh shit, I can. This is too easy."

I am thinking out loud, "What do we do? What if he is lost? We can't just stop. If it is a trap, there could be a few snipers out there to take us out. With us so far away, the dogs are no use. If I sneak up, how do I sneak up on three? How do I know where they are?"

We all are thinking. What do we do?

Bonnie starts, "They will be expecting us to follow the tracks. Let's not do that."

Bubba adds, "They will be expecting us in uniform. What if we aren't?"

Pam catches on, "They are expecting us on skis."

Paula adds, "They are expecting us with dogs and in one group."

Porsche puts it together, "One group goes to the left with all the dogs. A second group takes off their jackets and looks like a group of hunters. They go far to the right and cross over the tracks on an angle heading towards the second group. We're bound to see them if they are around."

Bonnie points out, "They'll see our faces, they know us, the group crossing will be wiped out."

Pam has an idea, "Wait a minute. We're making this too hard; they will tell us where the trap is. They will stage the scene for us, we will find our man in the snow in an open field. They will have snipers surrounding the area with the range dialed in already.

"We split up into two groups, and walk-up spread far apart from the trail. When we see him, we dig in, and Hunter sneaks up on the guy. He knocks him out and covers him. They will investigate."

Bonnie adds, "One team covers while concealed while one circles behind. They won't be expecting this."

Paula asks, "Hunter, you're quiet, what do you think?"

I smile at her, "I think you all just worked out a better plan than I have. You were thoughtful, used deep insight, anticipated moves, calculated the possibilities, and reduced danger. Pretty damn good."

Bubba asks earnestly, "You were the first to think trap. Did you see something?"

I smile, "No, Bubba, I didn't see anything. I was just thinking that for someone trying to evade us, the trail was way too easy to follow. Any one of you has no issues. It didn't feel right. I know we're nearing the water; I can smell it; therefore, I think it's close. Bubba, pick the half you want, and I want you to lead the team around the outside and flank them. When in place, let us know, and we'll proceed."

About thirty minutes later, Bubba gives the word that they are set. However, they don't see anything. We slowly move to the edge of the forest, and in a large clearing, we see our target on the ground.

We all hear the guy start screaming for help.

Pam gets up and is going to go out to the man. Porsche stops her.

Porsche tells us all, "We have been spotted, move to a different spot. We need to hide better."

We all move.

I ask, "Please explain."

Porsche smiles at me, "Did we hear him shout for help the last half mile? No. Only when we get to the edge of the woods does he start shouting for help. They saw us and told him to start shouting for help. Hunter, your turn."

I command Zeus, "Stay."

He sits on his spot. I adjust my coat, and I am now completely covered. Slowly I work my way out to the injured man. At about ten feet away, I ask him clearly, "What's the issue?"

The man turns over quickly and into a kneeling position with a gun in his hand. Wow, I could have so much fun if I could make my voices sound in different places. Sadly, I don't have that skill.

I softly tell him, "Drop the gun now, or you die."

He takes a shot that is way too close for my liking. Pam places a shot in the center of where his chest used to be. Dead. We stay in our positions. I hear Bubba say in the mic, 3, 2, 1, and then I hear three shots. I call out to my team and Zeus. We run to the forest. We are slowly advancing through the trees. Eventually, we come across three bodies. Bubba's team comes to meet us.

When their plan failed, they retreated towards their base. That is precisely where Bubba was.

I tell my family, "Well done."

We are picked up an hour later and spend four hours in debriefing this time. I spend the entire next day talking with Phil, dad, and the base commander. It's funny, the base command looks at dad like he is a rock star or something. He is eager to please dad and compliment his children.

Between the six of us, we have three small houses on base. We all go home and relax. I catch up on sleep, that mission took a lot out of me. Porsche checked on me and then called Bonnie over. Porsche calls Mary for her chicken noodle soup recipe. I have two days of soup, and I gradually feel better and regain my strength.

Bonnie and Porsche take turns sleeping in bed with me or reading. They were both within eyesight the two days other than to eat at the mess hall. Monday, it's back to work training. It's dog day, we work with the dogs to recognize various issues. They get tested with multiple explosives and drugs. I sit this one out and watch everyone work with the dogs.

There are six family members and five non-family in our team without Phil. I notice that the family handles and controls the dogs much better than non-family. I call everyone over.

I stand up and use a good deep voice to say, "Sitting here watching you drill, I noticed that my family handles the dogs much better. I want everyone to be equally good. Porsche, I want you to team up a family member and non-family members together. I want everything to run in pairs now. I want you to learn from each other. Try switching dogs. Our family has worked with these dogs or dogs like them since birth.

"I expect us to be more in tune with the dogs. That doesn't mean the rest of you can't learn from that. Specifically, we treat and play with the dogs more. Look for that and follow suit. These are expensive dogs. We need to invest in them just like we do with each of you. Ok, let's try it again. Porsche is leading today."

The entire team sat together for dinner, and we discussed the day. Everyone liked the results. Changing dogs made no difference. That tells me it is strictly a human issue. That's good because even with a less effective handler, the dog has not lost their skills. Mary will be thrilled. I saw progress today. Tomorrow Pam will lead, followed by Paula, Bubba, and Bonnie.

The following week, we worked on shooting moving targets. We aren't in season, so clay skeet will have to do. We are farther away than average. That is nice because the gun doesn't travel as far. It's also harder because being farther away, they are smaller. We use all tracer shots, which allows us to see our shots better. I record this test; nobody hits even one of ten targets. They are all whining that it's impossible.

I nick the first and shatter the next nine. We go inside and look at the film. I can slow down the film and show them how close or far they were, high or low, etc. We go back out there, and they hit on average four a person. I hit ten of ten.

I boast, "That is the type of shooting that my dad does, and it's why he has a golden arrow. A human in a car, a human running, and a human walking all have different leads, you need to make those decisions in a split decision. The skeet will be available daily if you like. You can shoot through lunch or after our skills workouts. Trust me, this makes goose and duck season much easier. The mess hall pays for any kills you come up with if in season and you have a license.

"From now on, I am going to integrate family and non-family. I want to mess things up, you all are too complacent now. I don't want you being comfortable; I want there to be an edge to keep you sharp. I don't want anyone coming back in a bag."

+++++

A month later, my entire team is invited to the base commander's house for a BBQ. Domino is a master at BBQ. Pork ribs, pulled pork, hamburgers, hot dogs, and all the expected sides homemade by the mess hall. I know they did it, I had to go get it. Phil and dad are on hand. Naturally, everyone is drawn to dad, his golden arrow, and his stories.

As the sun is going down, several trucks and many soldiers show up. Oh shit, what did we do wrong?

Domino yells with an angry voice, "Everyone! In the trucks. Bring your rifles." No way!

We head out to the skeet machine.

Domino spoke up proudly, "Phil comes to me the other day, bragging about how well Hunter's team is shooting. Well, as a base commander, I figure that I might pull me some of our best hunters and marksmen. Now we can see how good your people really are."

One of his men asks, "Sir, we don't have shotguns. Skeet is typically shot with shotguns."

Domino is annoyed, "That is correct, son. We don't use short-ranged weapons like shotguns in this army, they're worthless. Let's see how good you all are."

Domino's team shot first. He had almost two dozen guys there, only three hit anything. One hit, one hit, and four hits. My team each averaged seven hits with dad and me both at ten. We both moved back a hundred yards. We each do ten of ten. Move back a hundred yards. Dad can't even see the skeet, I can barely see them, the sun is going down. I only hit five.

Domino goes back to his men, "So, you thought you were as good as Brian and his son? I don't think so. If any of you want to learn how to shoot moving targets, Hunter's team has offered their services to teach your sorry asses the last hour every day."

Domino has a calmer and more serious voice and look to him now, "Brian was the best sniper in Iraq, and a lot of it was because he didn't have to wait for the target to stop. I want all of you to learn this skill, and then I want you teaching your men. Hunter, for your insights, dedication, and overall success, I am promoting you to Captain.

"Hunter, I know how you changed the way you train, and that you worked with your team on shooting moving targets. I like the initiative of teaching a skill to others, my whole base will be better for this. I'm giving you and your entire team three weeks off. However, I purchased a one-week horse riding trip for everyone on your team that isn't family. I want you to be comfortable riding horses so you can cover larger areas on patrol. No shooting, no drilling, just a week riding a horse in the Canadian wilds.

"Trust me, I'll send you to much worse places and with no guides that do the cooking. Enjoy the scenery, the acumen, and if you want to, some hunting or fishing as it presents itself. I've heard nothing but awesome things about those trips. Significant others are welcome, but I need to know by the end of the day. I promised Penny a headcount. Any questions?"

Jeff asks, "Will Penny be leading the trip?"

Dad is still sitting back in the recliner, a beer in one hand, as he says with a soft, gravelly voice, "If she does, I'm usually not far away. I'm rather protective of that woman. You may like looking at her, I love fucking her. One wrong look and death can appear from a thousand yards away."

Jeff takes a deep voice, "Any guide will do."

The entire room breaks out into a laugh, other than dad, he is now sharpening a knife. Dad can be so much fun. Nice, we get some time at home. I give mom the good news, and she is thrilled.

To be continued ...