The Return Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did he?"

"I...I don't know," whispered Manelli.

Geoff stared at Silverman. "Did he?"

Silverman started trembling, tears streaming down his face.

"It was an accident!"

"Shut your trap, ya fuckin fool!" screamed Manelli.

"Wack!"

Manelli's head flew back as Geoff's left fist smashed into the man's twisted nose, blood gushing everywhere.

"What was an accident, Manelli?" asked Geoff, his voice devoid of any emotion.

"Nothing, I...I ain't sayin nothing."

"Too bad," said Geoff softly. He grabbed the chair and shoved it over the open transom.

"NOooooo...," howled the thug as he disappeared into the black water. Geoff thought he could almost hear Manelli screaming as he sank to the bottom.

"Oh, my god! Oh, my god, you let him go, you fucking let him go!" squealed Silverman huge eyes staring at where Manelli was last seen.

Geoff sighed and quietly said, "Yes, I let him go and if you don't tell me what I want to know, you're going to be keeping him company."

Geoff looked up at Jen. Jenarde shrugged his massive shoulders and nodded.

"Fuck this man, Armestead said you were easy, just a fucking boy scout. Not a fucking killer."

"He was wrong," said Geoff.

"Fucking A, he was wrong," Silverman whined.

"What was an accident?"

Silverman quailed at Geoff's voice. He knew he had to tell him. "Nathanial was ill. His son Thaddeus was a shmuck. He couldn't do anything right. Didn't have the smarts or the guts. The old man called for the grandson, Robert, and turned the reins over to him. But, with one stipulation: he had to take care of the McKenzie's. Six months later, the old patriarch died from a sudden bout with pneumonia. Robert Armestead now had complete control of the Armestead fortune. He also found himself alone. His father drank himself into an early grave and, as an added insult, Robert's brother, Neville, left the family taking up with Julie McKenzie."

"What was the accident?" This time, Geoff sounding like death itself.

Silverman eyes became glassy, the fear palpable in his face.

"The Annabella. She wasn't supposed to sink. Manelli and I were given instructions to disable the boat, to sink it but allow the McKenzie's time to make shore. What we didn't count on was the sudden storm. The night before, we boarded the boat. Robert somehow knew McKenzie was sailing the next day. Don't ask me how he knew. Anyway, we snuck on board and placed a small shaped charge in the forward bilge. The timer was set to go off the following late afternoon, just when the storm was at its peak. I can only guess the charge went off and the Annabella went down along with your parents. You have to believe me. They weren't supposed to die. We just never counted on the storm."

Geoff closed his eyes, his lips taught before he asked the next question. "Who instructed you where to place the bomb?"

"Robert Armestead," muttered Silverman.

"Who decided when the bomb was to go off?"

"Uh...that would be Armestead. He was very specific."

Geoff nodded and turned to stare at the open sea, thoughts hurtling through his head. 'Armestead knew a storm would strike the mainland. He knew Geoff's parents would be aboard a sinking vessel during the strongest part of the storm. Robert Armestead murdered his mother and father.'

"Who planted the bomb?" This was asked by Jenny.

"Um...Frank, Frank placed the bomb and set the timer," said Silverman quivering.

"Uh huh, and what did you do?"

"I...I just watched his back. That's all; I was only there to watch his back."

No sooner had Silverman spoke those words; the trembling thug found himself flying through the air and over the side. Geoff turned to the sound of horrified screams as Silverman vanished beneath the dark sea. Geoff stared as the bubbles from Silverman burst to the surface.

He felt the huge paw of Jenny set on his shoulder. "I knew you wouldn't toss him, Geoff. But you heard the fucker...his only responsibility is to watch Frank's back. Now he can."

Geoff nodded and, without a word, turned to climb into the fly bridge. Moments later, The Valhalla was heading home.

To be continued...