All Comments on 'The Rhythm Method'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 70 Comments
xelliebabexxelliebabexabout 10 years agoAuthor

Good job! I liked it and even though it was longer than most stories on this site I was interested to see what happened next all the way through.

Good luck in the challenge!

SwillySwillyabout 10 years ago
Nicely done

This may be the longest story I've read here on lit. I half expected some tragic ending. Glad it wasn't. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well done

I loved this story , a bit long but nicely written good luck in the challenge

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
best story I have read in a long time!

It took me an hour to finish but I didn't stop the whole time. I couldn't put it down.

PennLadyPennLadyabout 10 years ago
Good job

Well done. :) Nice pacing, nice characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Well done!! Great pacing, characters and I enjoyed the "beauty and the beast" theme! Maybe you two should write together more often. ;)

TimothyMTimothyMabout 10 years ago
My favorite so far

I've been working my way through all the Odd_C stories, and this one is the best so far. Loved the main charaters, the sidekicks (especially the winery owner and the loyal friends), the whole setting and the brilliant use of the teamwork theme, as well as the beuaty and the beast angle. Fantastic.

pinkjddpinkjddabout 10 years ago
Great story!

Solid character development and very strong writing. All the characters were relatable and the sex scenes didn't overpower the plot. Very well done. I would definitely be interested in reading more collaborations between you two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The Odd Couples

I have read all the stories and they were all good and I hope the authors work together and give us more. The "courier" couple begs for a second, third, etc... However, this was the best of the bunch but one part of the story line was left hanging. What happened to Charlotte's job? Tell us what happened there and complete the cycle with a story on building the horse farm, the expansion of the winery, etc. Really Outstanding!!!

watergirlwatergirlabout 10 years ago
Favorite story - I'm swooning!

I love this story, have read it twice now! The beauty & the beast theme is so well done, and the other characters in the story are so richly developed, it's fantastic. I can't wait for the author reveals! Bravo! And great grammar and editing that make this such a pleasure to read. Yum.

OneNemesisOneNemesisabout 10 years ago
Read them all

Angst, fear, heroes, love and all in seventeen pages!

I read all the stories in anticipation of only commenting on the one I liked best. Obviously, this is the one. The characters and story line have all the elements above. And done as a short story should be done. Just enough to let my imagination fill in any gaps (as should be in a short story.) I liked almost all of the stories. Excellent work by all.

One story seemed incomplete. It had some good elements, but needed more to complete it. The others were very good, but for me this was the best.

Good luck to all. I hope you do this again.

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceabout 10 years ago
Good stuff but...

Great story. I loved the solid writing and the layered characters. A huge plus was the well-realized setting. Theonly thing I shook my head at was the final sex scene between Ralph and Charlotte. Did she really have to turn on "treat me as your slut" mode? A jarring break in her characterization and enough of a turn-off for a one-star deduction.

The_Odd_CouplingsThe_Odd_Couplingsabout 10 years ago
Writers

The writers of this story were Swilly and xelliebabex

biggreenfrogbiggreenfrogabout 10 years ago
wow

fantastic read!!! I am probably being greedy but i would have loved to of read more of their kinky sex life at the end

patientleepatientleealmost 10 years ago
I love this

I loved the dancing. Very hot. The pace of the story was perfect. Their feelings evolved at just the right times to keep me on the edge of my seat. I am in love with Ralph. I was expecting to hear about some sort of promotion for Charlotte, but I think this ending leveled them a bit. Great story. Congrats on the win!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very nice indeed

This was a very nicely plotted story that continuously pulled me along and the characters were so well developed. Rarely I think I spotted the seams where the two writers stitched their work together, but for the most part it was impressively seamless. A bit more editing here and there would have been nice. A very successful collaboration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Charlotte's Work Outcome?

I very much enjoyed this story. Perhaps I missed it, but did you ever say what happened to Charlotte at work? Ralph got his dream job of working with horses. But I felt that although Charlotte got her dream guy, she ended up in limbo at work when the dust had settled. Thanks again for a great collaboration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow

a most wonderful tale , i hope and pray the Authors truly enjoyed working together on this story . it is quality,quality,qaulity .. from start to finish.

it would be marvelous if they were to provide us with a sequel to the tale.

it would be a rare treat for literotica readers if they were to work together on other tales for the site in the future.

truly a most remarkable story , well worthy of 5 stars & a place in the romance top 50 hall of fame.

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Loved it! The story build up was really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More

I wouldn't mind more of this story - just in case you were wondering what I thought.

Dubby49Dubby49about 9 years ago
Too many loose ends.

1. What happened to Jeff's father's threats?

2. How has Charlotte progressed at work. If special things were in store, what?

A good story nevertheless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Very engaging story. well done. plenty of details without becoming boring. again, well done.

The_PedantThe_Pedantabout 9 years ago
Good story

Nice to read a good story written by a literate author!

Cal50Cal50about 9 years ago
GOOD STORY

This story was great but too many loose ends.

Why was she not promoted to a better position after all she did?

More details on Ralph's new position.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Great story but I wanted more details.

What happened with her at work?

Did it actually work out?

What happened with Jeff and his dad's threats?

Great story though

LiadenLiadenabout 9 years ago

Great story but I wanted more details.

What happened with her at work?

Did it actually work out?

What happened with Jeff and his dad's threats?

Great story though and a good read

sweetone66sweetone66almost 9 years ago
Awsome story!!!

You truly have a way of bringing your characters to life... such dimension and emotion! I do however agree with the previous commenter... there were so many issues that should have been addressed before you brought "Rhythm Method" to an end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story!

This is one of the best stories I have read on Literotica. It was sexy, and a great build up. The characters were well developed and I cared about them as the story progressed. I will now read all of your stories and look forward to more great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I am hooked

I came here after reading her fairytale life..... And glad i am!!!

All the characters are so beautifully developed... And i love how you cared to develop the side characters as well.... Gives your story so much depth and definition......as i kept reading i found myself bonding with the characters.... The only think i didnt like was the it ended :)

I think u have made a fan for life :)

tipacanoetipacanoeabout 7 years ago
Best I have read in years.

The best written story that I have read in the longest time. Simply superb. Thank you.

Drago566Drago566about 7 years ago
One of the Best!!!!!

Thanks for sharing this story!!!!!

inhardcoreinhardcorealmost 7 years ago
Heck yeah

I loved the pace... Its fast its gripping.... Nd that perspective... Damn

craigywidnescraigywidnesover 6 years ago
More

I loved the story, but would have loved to see a wedding between Ralph and Charlotte and would see Sam, Maggie, Tammy and April as Best man and Bridesmaids which gives Charlotte revenge material against April being a manly lesbian having to wear a gown after she mocked so called princess Charlotte. Also what job Charlotte gets from Frank and Suzetta maybe as a business manager with Ralph as he would rather be hands on and let the paperwork be done by others. Hope an update comes soon.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
I really enjoyed this story!

I like everything this author has posted. She's very good!

ChasingtheSkyChasingtheSkyalmost 6 years ago
Excellent

Ellie,

Expanding on these characters could be your next storyline. You could build your story around the next chapter in Ralph and Charlotte's life together. The new jobs, Jeff's trial, a wedding. I would love to see how your creative writing would tell this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
gooood story

Kept my attention all the way. Difficult to stop . Been a long night. Keep writing, very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awake

Stayed up half the night to finish reading this story and I was not disappointed. Wow, hot & steamy. Drama & passion. Sex & love.

Nicely written, great characters, a really bad baddie & a romantic ending.

A couple of small typos & spelling errors but they certainly didn't distract from what was a thoroughly enjoyable story. Like some of the other comments, I would certainly appreciate Part II.

Regards, S

maxathronmaxathronover 5 years ago

Honestly, The Rhythm Method feels unfinished, like it was the first draft of a real story between Ralph and Charlotte.

There were three potential conflicts in the story. Two were written, and happened in the beginning and middle of the story. The third was not written for whatever reason.

They were: Ralph and Charlotte's misunderstanding in the beginning, the meltdown of Jeff Jr., and the war from Jeff Sr.

The misunderstanding could have been given more passion and emotion. Ralph was portrayed well enough, but Charlotte could have had more genuine snobbiness to her character rather simple misunderstanding snobbiness. Despite her poor background, I feel that she could have looked down on the cellar rats and masters more with a better developed background of the wine assistants and the clique surrounding them.

Jeff Jr. I feel could have had a greater role beyond a side character (not even a secondary character) with a deeper psychological background that he couldn't fathom someone saying "No" to him. It could have been written that Jeff Jr. really did have a "harem" or "stable" due to his money and familial power, but he was after Charlotte for marriage as a kind of trophy wife. Jeff would have been stronger, yes. He would have been grooming Charlotte for her intended role as a house wife when Jeff Jr. takes over the Empire. Which industrial empire, no idea. I am assuming it was the coal mines that Jeff's father owned.

The war from Jeff Sr. was hinted at, but wasn't written. I assume this is partially because the "town" is actually very small. I was estimating Twisted Wines to be maybe one hundred employees across all jobs. Assuming twice that number for the coal mines, and we have a town that is actually closer to a couple thousand people. The way that Jeff Sr. and Frank Price was described as gave the impression that they were both multi-millionaires with a statewide presence in their respective businesses. So a city that would have both of them would be in the Ohio river valley, which would point to considerably more people and potential. Of course, the setting could be somewhere desolate, like Northwest Texas, or Wyoming, but it didn't seem that way.

A war from Jeff Sr. could have had hired thugs, a rival wine business, general pressure from the man until his people do something dumb like kidnap Charlotte, wherein the "Beast" steps in and puts them on the ground, for the police to pick up.

A greater fleshing of Sir Charles' character would have also be nice. The horse was Ralph's best friend outside of his job and the last vestige of his family's estate. It's a shame Sir Charles was just a passing few paragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What happened?

Charlottes’ boss Stuart, said she was number one, and Lincoln was a close second, Lincoln gets promoted, then Suzette wanted to talk to charlotte away from everyone so there would be no accusations of favoritism, then Charlotte gets passed over on all the promotions. So I’m thinking there is a special position waiting for her, but you never revisited charlottes’ position in the company. I liked the story, but that left me with a feeling like story wasn’t complete.

mustangdaisymustangdaisyover 5 years ago
Mmmmm

Wow I’m really enjoying all your stories but this one was a story I could relate to on a personal note. I especially loved the details with the dance 💃 🕺

Would love to know what was in store for them next it all sounds exciting.

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
Very good

These great characters deserve more. 5

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
Beauty and the Beast

Really good and engaging story, that was hard to put down, but a couple of threads left bare. Suzette had hinted at plans she had for Charlie which were not forthcoming as the promotions were handed out, the threats from Jeff's father unresolved, and problems with a batch of wine that had Charlotte and Linc without answers that I thought Ralph might have sorted (Sam once declaring that no-one knew the winery like Ralph. So I feel the story was left unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very Nice

This was a great story and well deserving of Five Stars (I wish I could give it more), but it just seemed to end prematurely to me. Maybe the author(s) ascribe to the theory of ‘always leave them wanting more’, and I suppose that’s all well and good, but the story just seemed unfinished to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fabulous

This story was one of the best! Fabulous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Whyyyu

I wish this was longer I need more!!!!

charlie48charlie48over 4 years ago
The best

But what happens next, part 2 please 😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Its too bad this was never expanded upon

It demands a part 2. Charlotte not getting the promotion made sense to add the final drama but it didn't fit with the conversations with Suzette. Its like the ending was rushed without consideration of the preceeding narrative. Still a solid 4 stars. If half marks were available i would rate it 4.5. I can't give 5 though because the end fell off.

LwcbyLwcbyabout 4 years ago
I agree with everyone else

It needs a part two.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Really enjoyable read but like other have said it really does need a part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I guess I’m the odd man out here, but you know what they say, there’s one in every crowd. I read about six pages and finally realized that, for me, it was like watching grass grow. Or paint dry. The writing was good, no obvious grammar or punctuation errors, but the story itself just didn’t work for me. Oh well. I’ll just be moving on.

tiercenpttiercenptover 3 years ago

I'm disappointed about the ending.

Nothing about who's doing what after that weekend exactly, what details Franka and Ralph worked out.

Especially what's with not promoting Charlotte? All the talks and hints from Suzette, "don't worry nothing to worry about it, I got you"

(get told by Stuart she's the best before Lincoln but Lincoln get promoted. you don't expand on that further, which department she's working for now and Tasks she has.

Personally would've been a sweet ending seeing a little fast forward. Talking about the Expansion and remodeling of the Vineyard be completed and Charlotte and Ralph getting married as the first couple.

of course also what happened with charlotte's job.

flareb2343flareb2343over 3 years ago
RIGHT UP THERE WITH HER FAIRY TALE

shows you can't judge a book by the cover. the na sayers need to get out more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I absolutely love this story and I have a lot of parts that I love. My favorite (it's odd but it's sooo true)

"He packed like a man... (Yada yada) Elapsed time was about forty five seconds."

Total laugh out loud moment. I was sitting on my couch reading this when I looked over at my husband and just laughed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I will add though, this was unfinished and kind of screams, I am just done with this story

xkatiekatxxkatiekatxover 3 years ago

3rd or 4th time reading this...perfection

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I’m really sorry

I tried but couldn’t get past page 5. The story had great potential, but it was implemented as vast expanses of exposition punctuated with occasional dialog. A well told story can’t be most third person narrative.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Needs a part 2

I love this story and the characters. But, like so many have already said, so much is unresolved. I don’t think I’m alone in saying that I’m invested and would love to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
More. Wrap it up.

WEDDING, Marrage, and a baby. Dont leave your readers hanging.

The story is a literature work of art and a gift to all that reads it.

Like any gift - wrap it up.

Oh.... and thank you so much.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

A very and a good story and good romantic story and tale on how to bring divergent people together.

It shows how other people may look down on you or others just because of the type of job you may have.

Every job and position in life has certain little secrets know only to those who are in the job. The story showed how much that was apparent in the winery. It had become a hierarchical system composed of bottom feeders and the more elite above them. This was the way it developed even though each an every job was just as important as the other for the winery to be successful.

So it was a two part story with a titillating love story imbedded.

The Tango scene was great and it was reminiscent of the Tango scene in Scent of a Woman. Great story, I’ll probably read it again in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
loved it, but

Am really captivated by the story and couldn't stop reading...but... You never stipulated where the story happened but it has a distinct Australian or New Zealand feel about it and then a sheriff turns up in the story as if you have to bow to the sceptic tanks...I missed why the sampling was out but that could be me... And I think Charlotte should have been pre informed about her not getting the promotion and what her projected progression was going to be... After all most winemakers have got artistic flair but very fragile egos

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

4 stars because that ending was abrupt, needs a sequel that explores the horse ranch, whatever promotion she was going to get, their relationship, having kids... Jeff sr's threat was never addressed. Just a lot of loose threads.

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 2 years ago

4 stars, 'cause the dancing competition arrangement was so weird. Also them being able to learn so fast, especially for him to get from zero to such a performance in such a time frame, is too unrealistic.

sennodensennodenalmost 2 years ago

I don't think him learning to dance fast was that unrealistic, he's been shown through the entire story to be remarkably athletic and even graceful

wabbitwabbitover 1 year ago

Just read this story again. I enjoyed it the first time and even more this time. Wine does improve with age and I'm getting a bit older as well. A follow along story would be nice of building up the horse facility, it's impact on the town, their continuing romance, Sam getting a girlfriend, maybe a few kids messing around the stables in the hay loft. It could be dalliance in the stables. You built a lovely community in the story and I would like to see it grow.

tinfoilhattinfoilhatabout 1 year ago

Great story. Just a bit too short.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5 stars wish I could’ve given more also wish it had gone on bit longer but not sure in which direction fantastic story though thanks

DuncanitaDuncanita8 months ago

I do believe that there are a "few" loose ends to this story that warrants a part2...

muskyboymuskyboy8 months ago

Felt unfinished, and way too long. All third person overly descriptive narratives about things that didn't matter at all. A nice Disney-like theme to the story but it ended without any conclusion, a pretty unsatisfying feeling after such a long story...

TulipfuzzTulipfuzz7 months ago

What "Wabit" said. Perfect in so many ways. But a sequel would be wonderful indeed.

Helen1899Helen18993 months ago

I loved The characters and the story , but it did drag on, it was far to many pages to long and I only gave 4* for that reason. Also to become great it needs a part two.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
5535 Followers
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...