The Same But Different

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I arched a surprised eyebrow at her. "That's pretty mature, even for you," I noted and then hastily added, "Not that I'm complaining."

"I'm just listening to the little voice in my head more and more these days," she explained. "For the record, I'm calling it my Mom Voice. I still can't shake the feeling that, in some weird way, it really is her, telling me things."

I frowned. "I wish you'd been able to know her," I said solemnly. "She really was a fantastic woman. In all my years, I've never met anyone else quite like her."

"Except for me, of course."

I smiled at her charm. "Of course."

Helena grew quiet and contemplative for a moment and we both prodded at our plates in silence. Finally, she asked, "Do you think she'd be all right with all of this? I mean, the real her. Do you think she'd approve?"

I considered it for a moment. "Honestly, I don't know," I told her. "Of the two of us, she was definitely the more liberal one. I don't know how she would have reacted to all of this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that, if she was around, you'd have found some way to convince her to get on board sooner or later."

That seemed to mollify her a bit and she took another bite. She was almost done with her meal. "I hope you're right," she said after a moment. "I'd hate to one day die and meet her in Heaven, only to find her very pissed off at me."

"I should think," I said drily, "that if what we're doing is really all that wrong, neither of us would be meeting her and certainly not in Heaven. If there is even such a place. The jury's still out on that one." I paused a beat. "But if it does exist, I'm almost positive that she's there, watching us carefully."

"I hope so," she replied quickly. "Because, right or wrong, I really do love you. More than just as your daughter."

My heart swelled with that. "Thank you, sweetheart," I said gravely. "I love you, too."

"As a woman?" she asked, hope evident in her eyes.

"And so much more," I answered. "Helena, you're everything to me. As far as I'm concerned, you're the only woman I want in my life. You're the only woman I've ever wanted in my life. Being your dad has been a joy beyond words. Being your husband will only magnify that joy."

She batted her eyes at me appreciatively. "Smooth talker."

I feigned indignation. "Every word of it came from my heart, young lady. Give me five years and you'll slap yourself for ever thinking otherwise."