All Comments on 'The Seeker Ch. 07'

by ReckingBall

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
nthusiasticnthusiasticover 5 years ago
Makes Sense to Me

It's a classic survival strategy followed by hostages, battered wives, abused children and abductees. Sometimes referred to as Stockholm Syndrome, trying to appease those in control in hopes of provoking less pain makes perfect sense. Also, it's common to want to stick with the devil you know, than take a chance on someone who may well be much worse. People can change and abusers can feel remorse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I agree

She and everyone else need to remember that Venlen has always had the only choice in their "relationship" began and he chose to begin it with rape, and he's raping her again every five minutes and using mind control on her to force her to do what he wants. Just because he may have become the lesser of two evils doesn't mean he's still not an evil.

The bond is broken now, but I half hoped it was still working so he would feel every bit of the pain it looks like she's going to go through and understand that he is the cause of all of it.

FromTxFromTxover 5 years ago
Looking forward to it a little concerned

By your warning. Again if I can ask how long do you plan for the story to be. I am still a little confused on if she is so powerful how she is so easily contained.

notusuallyshynotusuallyshyover 5 years ago
Flawed

In my experience the lesser evil is always better than the more evil. The story is set in a time of conflict, not Disney world. Venlen is frequently kind, loving and considers her wishes, why wouldn't she fall in love with such a character? I know I have!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Can help but wish the chaper was longer

Excellent addition to the story. Venlen seemed to grow and Damien is a proper repulsive figure.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 5 years ago
Superb

I do sooooo love me a good bit of non con dark.

Excellent writing and looking forward to Damien eating his testicles.

ReckingBallReckingBallover 5 years agoAuthor
Woah

I’m kind of loving this debate! Certainly everybody is entitled to their own thoughts about Venlen. Just remember, this is a noncon dark romance and he is a flawed character, for sure. That’s all I’m going to say about it because I don’t want to sway anyone one way or the other. To answer another question, I’m not exactly sure how long this will be. I have at least another chapter coming after ch 08. I have vague ideas of how I would extend it past that, but I haven’t really decided if I should or not. Thanks for all your feedback!

kdlucaskdlucasover 5 years ago
Okay, now I'm confused....

ReckingBall, does your last comment mean that you may not finish the story? I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty invested in the story. However, I hate to keep reading something that won't be finished. I realize that I don't have a right to expect a gift to be continued, but you are writing a great story. Creating this much discussion is wonderful in and of itself. I just hope that you finish.

ReckingBallReckingBallover 5 years agoAuthor

Sorry to worry you, and thank you for the compliments! I plan to finish the story, I am just unsure if I should end it within the next two chapters or so, or to extend it out to explore some more ideas I have. Either way it will have an ending!

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 5 years ago
WTF is wrong with you stupid-ass people!

Who reads stories in NON-FUCKING-CONSENT and then complains about the rapey characters? This isn’t Disney’s Dungeon with Princess Bratty Pants and Prince Protector!

ReckingBall I hope you keep this story true to your vision because we clearly have the same kinda dirty mind. So bring it on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I no I'm late

I know I'm late to the conversation but that's what I pay for preferring to read a story once it has multiple chapters posted for binge reading pleasure. I'm perfectly aware that non-con can be dark as hell but it doesn't mean we have to think abusive behavior is acceptable. To me it's a choice each author makes to either write a dominant character that can be forgivable or write a kick ass heroine that can take him down. I know this pisses some people off but we live in an era where domestic & sexual abuse is prevalent so it's dangerous when even fantasy blurs the lines. Yes people can feel remorse for harm they have inflicted but that doesn't mean they can stop or that they deserve forgiveness. Taking an arrow to the shoulder and a knife to the gut doesn't mean Ven's learned to treat her any better though his recent actions had tentatively begun. He would still have do a hell of a lot more to earn forgiveness in my eyes.n

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just because this is in the non-con category doesn't mean forced or coerced sex has to include brutality or other forms of subjugation if you want the audience to root for a hero. I enjoy domination & pain myself but can still discern the difference between fantasy play and abuse. My submission is an honored gift given with informed negotiated consent. If ever my established boundaries are violated it IS abuse and trust is gone! That doesn't mean I'm not experienced enough to recognize that people are fallible and through open honest communication trust has the potential to be rebuilt. On the other hand I'm self aware enough to know that there are some actions I'm not even capable of forgiving but for the most part it's the why behind the action that matters most. Even though all this is subjective to each person's perception and all have to judge for ourselves what we are able to forgive there is still a consensus as a community we must adhere to for overall safety. In my community if I overlook consent violations by a Dom/Top that puts every other person at risk.The subs/bottom for possible physical harm & judgemental societal prosecution and Doms for the societal prosecution...even criminal prosecution. to say nothing about what happens to a community as a whole. With strong leaders or high numbers with strong convictions there may be little to no impact. But there's always the possibility that enough subs/bottoms see risks no longer tenable so they withdraw. Or some immature Doms/Tops see no consequences to breaking rules/protocols and you can see the domino effects so now you don't have just blurred lines but completely moved lines.

We are such an easily influenced species even capable of mob mentality but it doesn't need an entire group to get the wrong message. It only takes one at a time for change to happen. Lone wolves may act on their own but thanks to modern communications their actions are telephoned around the world. It's up to all of us to take seriously what we normalize. We live in a society where I am not permitted to seek out my own punishment on those that harm me. So as long as we are bound by that communal contract then I feel I'm owed everyone's effort not to incite scenarios that put me at higher risk. Life imitates art is not just a trite quote.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hello, I’m unsure if this has been brought up but I realised that since Laiyla can make people do things to a certain extent eg when she went in the guards’ minds to make them under her so she can escape outside the cabin. Why could she not then use this with Venlen or anyone else that was hurting her?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userReckingBall@ReckingBall
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of the light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES